Need help with comic books

Boulder

The civil war thing sounded good when I picked up a comic with 'Civil War #1 of 7' on the front, but then I saw a checklist in the back, and to get the whole story, you'd have to have been reading various marvel comics for months, and continue to do so to get the whole thing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ok then! I just wasn't sure how it was really handled, like if every single comic listed had major plot development, or if it was just the actual Civil War comic that did and the others were just minor little bits of story. Also, I hate it when you get a piece of dialogue that reffers to nothing in that comic at all, then a little disclaimer saying "See Amazing Spider-man #456 to make this last page make any sense" kinda thing.

Still, cheers for the heads-up. Will probably get the first Civil War issue next time I'm in town.

Oh, and the first issue of 'A man called Kev' was very good.

Edited by timmayy

Just finished reading The Eternals # 1 by Neil Gaiman and John Romita Jr. Awesome stuff. A great set-up (re)introducing some interesting characters and situations. There's also an acknowledgement of Civil War that surprised me.

DC had better watch out. Marvel has scored a couple coups with Gaiman, Whedon, and Damon Lindelhof on mainstream books. DC seems to want their guest creators on little projects that have no real relation to their sacred regular universe. Probaly has to do with being under the Warner Bros. corporate umbrella.