Yet another musician based movie...

ROC

Ian Curtis movie underway

Dotmusic Thu Jul 13, 7:00 AM ET

Filming on the new movie about Joy Division singer Ian Curtis began this week, with the film expected to hit theaters next year, according to reports.

The movie, entitled Control, is based on the 1995 novel Touching From A Distance, which was written by Curtis's widow, Deborah.

Deborah is understood to be co-producer of the film--which is being shot in Nottingham and Macclesfield, where Curtis is buried--alongside Factory Records boss Tony Wilson.

The movie is directed by the acclaimed music video director and photographer Anton Corbijn, who shot some of the most iconic pictures of Curtis and the band.

Speaking recently about the movie, Corbijn commented: "If I only ever make one movie, Control would have to be that. I simply feel that as Joy Division and Ian Curtis played a big part in my life, I cannot think of a better combination of subject and director."

Control is understood to detail the last few years of Ian Curtis's life as he began an affair with Annik Honore--who is contributing to the movie--and his health and mental stability began to disintegrate.

According to Pitchfork, Sam Riley plays Ian Curtis, Samantha Morton plays Deborah Curtis, Alexandra Maria Lara plays Annik Honore, and Craig Parkinson is Wilson.

James Anthony Pearson playsJoy Division/New Order guitarist Bernard Sumner, Joe Anderson is bassist Peter Hook ,and Harry Treadaway plays drummer Stephen Morris.

The film is expected to be released by Momentum Pictures in 2007.

Corbijin's worked on the Joy Division video for the song Atmosphere and all the guys involved in the creative side should ensure that the movie's good.

I am a HUGE Joy Division fan! :D