Vengeance Championship Wrestling

VCW Live! On MTV Preview

Saturday 16th September

Louisville, KY

The Thrillseekers vs. The Shane Twins

A standard tag team match quickly broke down into a four-team brawl as Bolin Services ran in to take advantage of a ref bump to knock out the Thrillseekers with chairs and cost them the match. As Bolin Services and the Shane Twins beat down on The Thrillseekers, Billy Kidman and Mikey Batts ran in with chairs to clear the ring.

(49/49/61)

We cut backstage to join CM Punk.

Punk: "Tonight, the oppression of CM Punk continues. It seems that despite my generosity in allowing you all to know the secrets of straight edge, I continue to get punished. Yes, I made a concession, and so did Cornette. You see, our beloved chairman put me in a number one contenders match tonight so that I could earn my rematch. But to get my title match, I'm going to have to walk into the land of the giants and step into the ring with three of the biggest men in our sport. Andrew "Test" Martin, the six-foot-six Canadian Bad Ass. Marco Corleone, the so-called Italian Stallion, and the former army man and national amateur champion Bobby Lashley. Three men who are all bigger, and undoubted stronger than me. You see, Cornette, I know your games. You're trying to make me think that you're giving me what you want, and then stacking the deck against me. Well, if you won't give me what I want, then I'm going to have to take it. So Test, Marco Corleone, Lashley... Cornette. Tonight, you all will find out why 'straight edge' means I'm... better... than all of you."

(73)

Bra & Panties Match

Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

Many of the men in the audience were getting excited at seeing these two women stripping each other to their underwear, but it was to be a bitter sweet reward as these two women insisted on beating the hell out of each other. Because the only way to win this one is by stripping your opponent, it makes the match no-DQ and Mickie James was more than happy to take advantage. While Beth Phoenix was trying to out-wrestle her opponent, Mickie took advantage of the rules at the first opportunity and picked up a steel chair, before proceeding to beat her opponent into unconsciousness with it, leaving her down and bloodied before completing the simple task of stripping her down to her underwear.

(40/42/48)

We cut backstage to Jim Cornette's office.

Cornette: "Good evening everybody. Before tonight's main event, I have an announcement to make. As most of you know, last week, the problems between JC Ice and Brian Lawler boiled over in the tag team contest. Because those two can't keep their hands off each other, I've given them both the night off tonight and they're not allowed back into the building until Uprising. And at Uprising the two of them will go one-on-one. However, if they fight between now and then, they will both be fired."

(82)

Number One Contender Match

Andrew 'Test' Martin vs. CM Punk vs. Marco Corleone vs. Bobby Lashley

With so much on the line these four men went hell-for-leather trying to get the win. This match turned into little more than a brawl as the four men found themselves battling through the crowd. With each man so desperate for a shot at the gold, there was always going to be bloodshed. But nobody could've predicted just how much. By the time this match ended, the only man not bleeding was the winner, Test, who bloodied Bobby Lashley with a Big Boot on the way to getting the pin fall. Punk and Corleone found themselves unable to break it because they were both down, bleeding and virtually unconscious on the outside. Test has survived the Fatal Four Way and will face Burchill at Uprising.

(54/53/70)

Overall Rating: 58%

Attendance: 343

TV Rating: 1.64

• 1 year later...