WWF 1999

IPB Image

No need for a fancy backstory this time round, just a straight up WWF diary starting from after the Royal Rumble...with a slight change.

• The Big Bossman defeated Jesse James with the Sidewalk Slam.

• Ken Shamrock defeated Billy Gunn by making him submit to the Ankle Lock, to retain the Intercontinental Title.

• Backstage, Shane McMahon, Gerald Brisco, and Pat Patterson were warming up Vince McMahon for his upcoming participation in the Rumble.

• X-Pac defeated Gangrel with the X-Factor, to retain the European Title.

• Backstage, Kevin Kelly interviewed Triple H, Jesse James, X-Pac, and Chyna. Each D-Generation X member said they would win the Rumble and eliminate Stone Cold Steve Austin for the $100,000.

• Strap Match: Sable defeated Luna, to retain the Women's Title.

• Backstage, The Big Bossman explained to Test and Ken Shamrock he would do whatever it took to win the Royal Rumble for the Heavyweight Title shot at WrestleMania XV and eliminate Stone Cold Steve Austin for $100,000.

• Backstage, Dok Hendrix interviewed The Rock. The Rock basically said, in his own words, he would defeat Mankind in their "I Quit" Match for the Heavyweight Title.

• I Quit Match: The Rock defeated Mankind, to become the new Heavyweight Champion.

• 30-Man Battle Royal, Winner: Triple H - Receives Heavyweight Title shot at WrestleMania XV

- Order of Entrance: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, Golga, Droz, Edge, Gillberg, Steve Blackman, Dan Severn, Tiger Ali Singh, The Blue Meanie, Mabel, Jesse James, Gangrel, Kurrgan, Al Snow, Goldust, The Godfather, Kane, Ken Shamrock, Billy Gunn, Test, The Big Bossman, Triple H, Val Venis, X-Pac, Mark Henry, Jeff Jarrett, D-Lo Brown, Owen Hart, and Chyna.

- Order of Elimination: Golga (by Austin), Gillberg (by Edge), Dan Severn (by Mabel), Steve Blackman (by Mabel), Tiger Ali Singh (by Mabel), The Blue Meanie (by Mabel), Droz (by Mabel), Edge (by Jesse James), Mabel (by Ministry of Darkness), Gangrel (by Jesse James), Al Snow (by Jesse James), Jesse James (by Kane), Kurrgan (by Kane), The Godfather (by Kane), Goldust (by Kane), Kane (by himself), Ken Sharmock (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), Billy Gunn (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), Test (Stone Cold Steve Austin), X-Pac (The Big Bossman), Jeff Jarrett (by Triple H), Mark Henry (by Chyna), Chyna (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), Val Venis (by Triple H), Owen Hart (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), D-Lo Brown (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), The Big Bossman (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), Vince McMahon (by Stone Cold Steve Austin), and Stone Cold Steve Austin (by Triple H).

- Details: Austin thought he had the match won, after dumping Vince over the top rope despite interference from The Rock. However Triple H had rolled out of the ring and had been waiting for several minutes until the time was right. As Austin flipped Rock the bird, Triple H came out of nowhere and clotheslined him over the top to win the 1999 Royal Rumble!

Edited by Xero Gravity

Kane -- Push him to the World Title before it's too late.

Bradshaw -- Let the Ministry look better than the Brood here, because they are considerably stronger.

WWF European Title Match: X-Pac © -- Have him win unfairly, so him and Owen have a nice feud with Owen winning it.

This looks good, I'll be reading it. I have my eye on some guys and I wanna see what you do with them.

Edited by RKOwnage

This is looking very promising and interesting. Good backstory, with Triple H winning the Rumble.

Kane vs. Test - The same reasons as RKOwnage. But first let Trip's win it.

Bradshaw vs. Edge - Bradshaw was great doing this era, and the Ministry has got the Undertaker, right?

X-Pac vs. Owen Hart - Let him keep the title, then evolve it into a nice feud.

IPB Image

WWF Raw Is War

February 1, 1999

1 - Two Men Travelling The Same Road

As the opening pyro display comes to a close, we're welcomed to the show as always by Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler. After a quick run down of tonight's card, the Titantron comes to life with a recap video of The Royal Rumble. While briefly touching on the other matches during the show, the two headliners take priority. Among the shots of the Rumble match itself are Austin and McMahon fighting through the arena, Mabel being abducted by The Ministry, Triple H being thrown through the middle rope, and him subsequently eliminating an unsuspecting Stone Cold. Focus switches to the I Quit match, and the brutal brawl between Rock and Mankind. Naturally the main focus is Mankind being handcuffed, and repeatedly bashed over the head with a steal chair. It also makes light of the rather suspect way The Rock won the match. As it comes to a close with The Rock's celebration, his music kicks in.

Do you Smell What The Rock Is Cooking?

Sauntering onto the stage sans Corporation, The Rock is decked in his usual flashy attire with the WWF title sitting comfortably on his right shoulder. The fans boo him mercilessly, even moreso having just been given a fresh reminder of the lengths he went to beat Mankind the night before. He only serves to piss them off even more by taking his time walking down the ramp. He finally makes it to the ring, posing on the turnbuckles. The fans continue to piss all over him, which only serves the make the cocky smile on his face grow. Stepping down, he snatches the microphone from Howard Finkel and his music fades out.

Rock: Last night at the Royal Rumble...The Rock and Mankind, I Quit match.

He starts to pace back and forth, making the crowd wait for him to continue.

Rock: The Rock stood backstage next to that flabby ass freebird Dok Hendrix, and he offered a 100% money back guarantee. He stood there, and he guaranteed that by the end of the night there would be a new WWF Champion. The Rock strolled into the unknown, and walked out the two time WWF champion. You people should be happy that The Rock did you all a favour. Can you honestly admit that you enjoyed seeing that sad, pathetic, boiler room reject Mankind holding the most important title in all of wrestling? No, no, no, no, no! That honour is reserved for The Rock, and The Rock only. Vince McMahon had the right idea when he came to The Rock back in November begging him to be the corporate champion. The Rock is the finest superstar in all of sports entertainment, and yet you people sit there and you boo him? You're all lucky that The Rock is a busy champion, or he'd slap the taste out of each and every one of you here tonight! But the fact of the matter is, The Rock is a busy man and lowering himself to the level of you jabroni's simply isn't worth the time and effort. As far as tonight goes, Vince realised that The Rock is in no position to compete and has given him the night off. So all of you can go kiss The Rock's ass...IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

ARE YOU READY?

The Rock looks in disgust at being interrupted, as Triple H walks onto the stage without the rest of DX by his side. The fans give the Royal Rumble winner a huge ovation, as The Rock is forced to endure it in the middle of the ring.

Triple H: Rocky, Rocky, Rocky...I guess congratulations are in order? Quite the impressive showing last night if I do say so myself, even if it was a little...suspect.

The Rock takes off his glasses, a sure sign that he's pissed.

Rock: Whoa, whoa, whoa...Triple H, who in the blue hell do you think you are? Nobody, and the Rock means nobody interrupts his interview time. Not only that, but you dare question The Rock's match winning methods? The evidence was clear last night, The Rock simply took Mankind to the limit and forced him to utter "I Quit" for the first time in his sad, pathetic career. Foley should be happy The Rock was kind enough to give him such a legendary beating. People will remember how The Rock laid into his skull with a chair eleven times, and the dumb son of a bitch finally gained a shread of sense!

Triple H: You know what I think Rock?

Rock: The Rock couldn't give two sacks of monkey crap about what you think!

Triple H: Cute...but I think maybe you should start to forget about Foley, and be more concerned about me. Wrestlemania, Rock...you and I go one on one for that WWF title.

Rock: The Rock should be...concerned, about you?

Triple H: You're damn right you should be concerned about me!

Rock: Let The Rock tell you a little story Hunter. The corporate champion cares more about the crap on his shoes more than facing you at Wrestlemania. You and your title match aren't even on The Rock's radar. Now it's time for the monkey in the back to hit The Rock's music IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

Triple H: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it Rock. We all smell what you're cooking, and it smells like grade A corporate bulls[bleep]t! And if you don't like that, I've got two words for ya...

He points the microphone up as the crowd fills in with a huge "SUCK IT!" and the DX theme kicks in again. The Rock is absolutely fuming in the ring as we go to the first commercial break of the night.

OR: 83

2 - WWF Hardcore Title Match

The Road dogg© Vs Al Snow Vs Prince Albert

As Raw returns, Road dogg is making his way down to the ring doing his usual spiel for the crowd. Al Snow and Albert are already in the ring, but get sick of waiting and take it upon themselves to start the match without him. Nobody was expecting this match to be anything more than an average brawl at best. That is exactly what they got, as all three men took it to the others with very little other than basic brawling offense. The crowd quickly started to lose interest until the weapons came into play. Al Snow introduced two trash can lids and gave one to Road Dogg. They quickly laid into Albert, making his size become a non factor in the match. With him down and out, Snow turned on Road Dogg and tried to steal the match with a schoolboy. The champ easily kicked out as Al rolled out and disappeared under the ring again. He returned with a singapore cane, but met several fists for his trouble. They brawled up the aisle as Albert came to and intended to follow. He grabbed the cane and quickly gave chase onto the stage. Neither Al or Road Dogg saw him until it was too late, and each took a cane shot for their troubles. Seeking satisfaction in pinning the champ, Albert grabbed Road Dogg by the throat and tried for a Baldo Bomb onto the stage. Snow recovered just in time and crotched him with the cane before waffling him in the back of the head with it. This proved to keep him down long enough, but gave Road Dogg enough time to get his bearings. One low blow of his own, and Al quickly found himself being driven into the stage with a Pumphandle Drop. The ref counted the pin, giving Road Dogg the win and a successful title defense.

Road Dogg def. Al Snow and Prince Albert to retain the WWF Hardcore Title.

61/66/63

3 - Go Team Corporate

As the hardcore title match comes to a close, we cut backstage to the Corporation locker room. Vince and Shane are sitting on a plush leather sofa, while Sharmrock, Bossman, and Test are all gathered around them. The door bursts open and The Rock barges into the picture.

Rock: Did you see what that degenerate son of a bitch did to The Rock?

Vince stands up, putting his hands on Rock's shoulders.

Vince: Now Rock, calm down. Yes, we saw what Triple H did to you but forget about that, I'll deal with him later on tonight.

Rock: You better, or The Rock guaran-damn-tee's he'll walk his ass right out of this arena, and never come back!

Vince: Trust me Rock, I've got Triple H under control. So just relax, sit down, have a drink and enjoy the rest of the show.

After staring at the boss for a few seconds, Rock calms down and takes a seat next to Shane.

Vince: Now as for the rest of tonight, I want each and every one of you to be on your guard. We all saw what The Undertaker did last night, and I don't want him trying to kidnap me either. Any of you see him, and I want you to attack on sight...no questions asked. That son of a bitch is not getting this company, I'd rather burn in hell than see that happen!

They all get concerned as the lights in the dressing room start to flicker. After a few seconds the lights return to normal, and Vince's face turns from fear to anger.

Vince: Dammit! Remind me to fire the electrician when the night's over!

Shane: Hey Dad...

All eyes turn to Shane, who is still sitting down.

Shane: Shouldn't you be worried about Stone Cold too?

Vince: Come on Shane, you know me better than that. I don't need to worry about Stone Cold tonight, because he's barred from the arena!

He lets out a chuckle as the fans boo his devious plan.

Vince: I know Austin, and there isn't a doubt in my mind that he'd blame me for his losing the Royal Rumble last night. So I've given him the night off whether he likes it or not. If he even shows up tonight, he'll be arrested on the spot and barred from a WWF title match for a year!

That announcment brings a smile to Rock's face, as he looks as the title resting on his shoulder.

Vince: Now Bossman, later tonight you've got Kane one on one. I want you to go out there and beat that son on a bitch into the ground. I don't care whether they hate each other or not, send a message to The Undertaker through his brother.

Bossman nods with a sick grin, slapping the nightstick in his hand.

Vince: As for you Ken...you and I need to talk, I've got something planned for you.

The camera fades away, naturally just before his plan can be revealed.

OR: 89

4 - Down, But Not Out

Instead of cutting back to the ring, we instead go to the parking lot. The fans pop as Mick Foley appears walking towards the arena entrance. There is no smile on his face, covered behinds bandages and bruises from his I Quit match the night before. As he makes his way through the backstage, several workers and ring crew try to talk to him, but he blanks them all. Eventually he reaches his dressing room, and disappears into it without a word.

OR: 92

5 - Bradshaw Vs Edge

Both men come to the ring with backup, Faarooq alongside Bradshaw and the rest of The Brood with Edge. The match starts fairly evenly as Edge makes good sue of his youth and speed to keep away from most of Bradshaw's power driven offense. But eventually he makes a mistake and meets a huge boot to the face. From there it's one way traffic as the Acolyte throws everything in his arsenal at Edge to great effect. Several times during the match both Christian and Gangrel interfere just to give Edge enough time to try and recover. While it doesn't go exactly to plan, Edge does manage to hit a low blow during on instance to turn the match around. With Bradshaw reeling, Edge takes it up a notch using more aerial moves to try and take him down. A spinning heel kick catches him high in the face but on gets a two count. He follows this up by waiting in a neutral corner, and charging down the big man with a spear and peppering his head with right hands. Everything looks to be going Edge's way as he signals for the Downward Spiral. Bradshaw staggers into the move, but pushes Edge back into the ropes and levells him with a sickening Clothesline From Hell! The pinfall is academic as the three men outside the ring climb in and a melee ensues.

Bradshaw def. Edge.

39/66/52

6 - The Ministry Strike Again

Gangrel and Christian manage to get the upper hand on The Acolytes as Edge comes to and makes gives them a three on two advantage. However as they seem to have the deed done Mideon charges down the ring. Following behind him is the recently abducted Mabel, now decked all in black. The two extra Ministry members tip the odds against The Brood. Bradshaw drives Christian into the mat with a Fallaway Slam, setting up Mabel to flatten him with a huge Big Splash. Gangrel recieves a Dominator from Faarooq that nearly spikes him square on his head. Edge proves to still have some fight left in him, but is soon stomped into the ground by his four attackers. With the beating complete, the Ministry members drag the three bodies out of the ring. Mabel throws Christian over his shoulder, The Acolytes carry Edge between them, and Mideon is left to carry Gangrel. They all walk up the ramp with their victims in tow, leaving the crowd stunned by yet another abduction by The Ministry Of Darkness.

OR: 69

7 - WWF European Title Match

X-Pac© Vs Owen Hart w/ Jeff Jarrett

The second title match of the night pits DX member X-Pac against Canadian Country member Owen Hart. Despite his opponent coming to the ring with backup, X-Pac chooses to go it alone. As would be expected from these two, the match starts off a lot quicker than the two previous encounters. They go hold for hold in the opening several minutes, with neither man getting the advantge. They end with a stalemate as the crowd sounds their approval. Owen doesn't seem to care as he blindsides X-Pac with a clothesline and begins stomping him in the head viciously. The respect shown to him by the fans soon disappears as continues to assault X-Pac who has now dragged himself into the corner. After a few kicks to the face, Hart goes down the insult to injury route. A mock crotch chop in the opposite corner, and he runs forward attempting a bronc buster. X-Pac moves just at the last second, and Owen becomes the unlucky recipient of a steel post to the balls. Giving himself time to recover, X-Pac keeps it basic as he tries to prove he has some actual wrestling talent in his body. At first it goes well as he transitions from submission to submission fluidly and the crowd looks to start getting behind him. However eventually he begins to break down and loses his rhythm resorting to the crowd killing sleeper hold. Hart is quick to get things back to a vertical base, and catches X-Pac high in the head with a spinning Enziguri! Instead of going for the pin, he sinches in the Sharpshooter looking for the submission win. He shows no mercy, wrenching back on the hold for all he's worth as X-Pac fights to make it to the ropes. Despite Jarrett's attempts to pull away the ropes, X-Pac is able to grab hold of the bottom after nearly a full minute in the Sharpshooter. Needless to say this sends Owen into a livid fit. Pointing to Jeff's guitar, his idea is all too clear. Waiting until the ref is behind him, Hart "accidentally" runs into him giving Jarrett the perfect moment. X-Pac slowly staggers to his feet clutching his back, and turns to Jeff. BANG! Jeff stands in disbelief as X-Pac moved just in time and Hart took the guitar square in the head! One quick spinning heel kick later, and the European champion is covering Owen just as the ref comes to and counts the slow three.

X-Pac def. Owen Hart to retain the WWF European Title.

72/67/70

8 - Time To Pay Up

As X-Pac escapes with his belt, we cut backstage once again to Vince McMahon who is now alone. The dressing room door swings open and his eyes widen. Doing his classic big gulp, he turns around and the fear washes away.

Triple H: Hey there Vince, were you expecting someone else?

Vince: What do you want dammit?

Triple H: I know you're getting on a bit, but surely your memory isn't slipping already?

Vince: Get to the point Hunter...

Triple H: Sure, I'll get to the point...all one hundred thousand of them!

Vince's face goes red, remembering the promise he made to reward the rumble entrant who eliminated Stone Cold.

Triple H: Ah, let me guess...you were expecting one of your corporate guys to do the job, so you wouldn't have to pay them? Well let me tell you something Vince, you either give me that money or I'm sure I can find a way to get it's worth out of you.

Vince: Is that a threat?

Triple H: Call it some friendly advice Vince.

Vince: Let me tell you something Hunter, I'm Vince McMahon dammit! People don't walk around telling me what to do, I tell THEM what to do...you understand?

Triple H: Yeah, yeah Vince I get it. You're the boss, I'm the employee, blah blah blah. Just whip out your cheque book, do what you've got to do, and I'll be on my way.

Grudgingly, Vince does just that. Taking out his cheque book, he writes out Hunter a $100,000 cheque in plain sight of the camera. He's reluctant to hand it over, but Triple H snatches it away and sticks it into his pocket.

Triple H: Pleasure doing business with you Vinnie.

Before he can go, Vince has a parting word.

Vince: Here's some friendly advice for you Hunter...watch your back.

Triple H: ...

Before Triple H can respond, Ken Shamrock comes out of nowhere and blindsides him with a huge clothesline! The DX leader has no chance to defend himself as Shamrock begins pummeling him with rights and lefts as Vince barks encouragment. After a fair amount of punishment has been dealt on him, Shamrock backs off giving McMahon the last word.

Vince: You didn't just think I'd let you walk away with a hundred grand of my money, did you? Tonight's main event match is still blank, and you just filled it pal! You and Ken Shamrock, tonight...non title of course. If you manage to survive the match, consider that money earnt. If somehow you happen to suffer an injury, I'm sure I can find a replacment for your Wrestlemania title match.

Vince rises back to his feet and looks at Shamrock.

Vince: Get him out of my sight!

The Intercontinental champion is all to happy to oblige, dragging Triple H to his feet. Showing no regard to his well being, he throws Hunter collar first out of the room and slams the door behind him.

OR: 79

9 - Kane Vs The Big Bossman

The Corporation are the focus of the show again as Bossman looks to deliver the message to The Undertaker. Kane's pyro explodes and he methodically walks onto the stage to a surprisingly big reaction from the crowd. Tonight he doesn't get a chance to go through his usual routine, as Bossman is keen to start the match early. His plan doesn't go all too well, as Kane meets him with an uppercut to the throat and begins to beat him unmercifully around the ringside area. With the match having not officially started, Kane is free to use anything and everything to wear down Bossman. The corporate henchman does occasionally get a few shots in, but Kane is just too powerful and beats him back down with ease. Finally after several minutes, and two rides into the ring steps, Bossman is rolled into the ring and the match is allowed to start. Despite all that has happened so far, Kane doesn't let up and inch and continues to destroy Bossman while displaying his power in the process. Backing the former prison officer into the corner, Kane drills him with several thunderous strikes and elbows to the face, before charging him down with a huge clothesline! Heading over to a nearby corner, he scales it with ease and waits for Bossman to get to his feet.

Showing his agility Kane gets huge hangtime on his diving clothesline, nearly doubling over Bossman in the process. As he gets to his feet, Kane raises his gloved hand letting everyone know a Chokeslam was coming. Groggily, Bossman walked straight into the waiting hand but has enough strength left to push Kane backwards, crushing the unsuspecting ref into the corner! This give Bossman enough time to whip out his nightstick and crack Kane square in the forehead with it! The big red machine drops to the canvas like a sack of bricks as Bossman taunts the crowd. However he quickly sits up and is on his feet in seconds. Another nightstick shot, and for a second time Kane rises to his feet. Bossman waves his hand, and almost instantly Test comes running down from the back. Kane wraps his hand around Bossman's throat and lifts him up for a Chokeslam. BANG! Test damn near kicks his head off with a huge Running Big Boot! Kane crumples to the mat, and Test quickly escapes leaving Bossman to go for a pin. The ref comes to and counts, but Kane kicks out at two! Test is furious, and rolls back into the ring as Kane is sitting up for a third time. Clumsily he walks straight into Kane's hand and is drilled with a huge Chokeslam! By this time Bossman is back to his feet, but walks straight into Kane's waiting arms as he hoists him up onto his shoulder, and drives him down into the canvas with a Tombstone Piledriver! He performs his signature pin as the crowd counts along with the three giving Kane the dominant win.

Kane def. Big Bossman

76/67/73

10 - The Night The Line Was Crossed

Moments after Bossman and Test have dragged themselves to the back, the car crash hits and the fans start to cheer wildly as Mankind walks onto the stage. Although it's not Mankind, but plain old Mick Foley. Much like when he arrived in the arena, there is no smile on his face, and the fans may have well not even existed as he does not acknolwedge them in the slightest. Rolling in the ring, he takes the mic and walks around the ring waiting for his music to shut off.

Foley: Last night...was the worst night in my thirteen years as a professional wrestler. Worse that the pain wracked nights I spent in Japan, worse that having my ear ripped off in Germany, worse than being thrown of the Hell In A Cell twice. Never before have I been beaten and humiliated worse than I was last night at The Royal Rumble. My wife and children were forced to watch as their husband and father was bludgeoned with a chair ELEVEN DAMN TIMES! Each chair shot stung a little more than the last. But I never said "I Quit", not once did the thought of quitting ever come to mind. Do you hear that Rocky? I NEVER QUIT YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU HIT ME, AND YOU HIT ME, YOU YOU COULDN'T BREAK ME! I went home that night, bruised and bloodied having to look my kids in the eye and apologise. I had to apologise, because you couldn't beat me without stepping over the line. Every time you reared back and drove that chair into my skull, a little bit of your sanity slipped away. Believe me Rock, when I say you will NEVER feel the same again. I hope doing what you did was worth it Rock, I hope changing your life forever was worth that title. But you and I Rock, we're far from over. Apologising to my children for putting them through your actions...every word I uttered...IT MADE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH! To ease their minds, I had to make them forgive everything you did. They may have forgiven you, BUT I SURE AS HELL HAVEN'T YOU ARROGANT BASTARD! There is only one thing that will make up for what you did to me Rock, and that's paying in blood. FOR EVERY OUNCE OF MY BLOOD YOU SPILLED LAST NIGHT, I WILL SPILL TEN FOLD OF YOURS! I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU BLEED, I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU CRY, AND I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU BEG FOR FORGIVNESS ON YOUR KNEES. Then, and only then...

Do you Smell What The Rock Is Cooking?

The crowd begins to boo heavily as Foley's attention is drawn to the stage as The Rock makes his way out onto the stage for the second time tonight. He has a mic in hand and doesn't keep anyone waiting for what he has to say.

Rock: The Rock was sitting backstage, and all he heard was Mick Foley standing in the ring whining and complaining about losing the WWF Title. Mankind...The Rock says you need to know your damn role, and SHUT your damn mouth! Accept it Mick, you weren't good enough to beat The Rock in your own...

Foley: SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH YOU PIECE OF S[bleep]IT!

The Rock, and the crowd alike are stunned silent by Foley.

Foley: I'm only gonna say this once Rock, so listen closely. You and Triple H is set in stone for Wrestlemania. But the 21st of February, St. Valentine's Day Massacre, you and I are going to go at it one more time. I don't care what Vince McMahon has to say about it, this match WILL TAKE PLACE! The Rock and Mankind, one more time, NO HOLDS BARRED! What to do you say Rock? Do you have the balls to face me one more time for the WWF title? Or is the "corporate champion" too much of a chickens[bleep]it to accept?

The Rock begins pacing back and forth, clearly mulling over his options.

Rock: Mick Foley, no one AND THE ROCK MEANS NO ONE tells him what to do. You want me in a no holds barred match? Why wait until the 21st? How about The Rock kicks your candy ass TONIGHT!

With that, Rock drops the mic and charges down to the ring where Foley is ready and waiting. The two start trading rights and lefts, as the crowd eats it up. Mankind clearly starts to get the advantage, backing Rocky into a corner and firing right after right into his head as he slumps into a seated position. Taking several steps back, he runs forward but Rock moves and he crashes chest first into the turnbuckles. The champ gets to his feet and spins Mick round, drilling him several times with his trademark punches before rearing back, spitting in his hand, and plastering it into the side of Foley's head. Dragging him into the middle of the ring, he hooks him into the Rock Bottom. Several well placed elbows break it, allowing Foley to hit the Double Arm DDT! The fans go crazy as Mankind forgoes Socko, and raises his arm readying the Mandible Claw. Rock slowly gets to his feet, trying to shake off the DDT and turns around giving Mick the chance to ram his fingers into his mouth! Only quick thinking allows Rock to pull back and roll out under the ring. He hightails it up the ramp, leaving a serious looking Foley leaning on the ropes staring a hole right through him.

OR: 86

11 - Non Title Match

Triple H Vs Ken Shamrock

The time has come for the main event, and the fans still high from the Rock/Foley confrontation really let Corporation member Ken Shamrock have it. He makes his way to the ring, doing his usual routine and waits for Triple H. The DX music hits, and Hunter walks onto the stage at first before picking up speed and running straight for Ken! The fans continue to go crazy, as the match starts amidst a flurry of punches from both men. Shamrock, being the legitimate fighter quickly takes advantage of the beating he delivered earlier and takes control of the match. His aim is clear from the start, apply the Ankle Lock and make sure permanent damage is done. To Triple H's credit, each time Shamrock attempts to apply it he's one step ahead to avoid it. Ken changes focus, instead choosing to try and bludgeon Hunter into unconsciousness. Triple H manages to block most of the shots with his arms, and catch Shamrock with a knee to the gut. With the momentum shift in his favour, Triple H works solely on Shamrock's back to try and keep it like that. After several minutes he hits a snap spinebuster square in the middle of the ring but only manages to get a two count, as everyone in the arena was sure the three had been called. Smartly, Hunter applies a rear chinlock to give himself a chance to rest, while digging his knee into Ken's back to keep wearing it down. Shamrock's UFC background comes into play as he meticulously works his way into an escape, even catching Hunter in a Belly to Belly suplex out of nowhere! As he looks set to end the match, Vince McMahon comes sauntering down the aisle with a smug look on his face. Once at ringside he commands Shamrock to apply the Ankle Lock, which he does so agreeingly. As soon as it's applied, Vince barks at the ref to ring the bell. To his credit, he flat out refuses to do so unless Triple H taps out. McMahon gets onto the apron and demands the bell be rang, or the referee is fired. Again he refuses, which prompts Shamrock to release the Ankle Lock and join in the argument. Triple H having been given enough time to get to his feet, lunges at Shamrock forcing him into Vince! McMahon flies off the apron, as Shamrock is spun round into a kick to the stomach. Hunter doesn't need to think twice about hitting the Pedigree, rolling Ken ont his back and picking up the win.

Triple H def. Ken Shamrock

79/70/76

Vince is fuming on the aisle, as Hunter limps to his feet and has his hand raised. He makes sure to give the chairman a defiant crotch chop, as Raw slowly goes off the air.

Show OR: 75

We got a 6.49 rating for 'Raw is War'!

The attendance level was 7037 people.

We made $281480 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

Shotgun Saturday Night

February 6, 1999

1 - Prince Albert Vs AJ Styles

Having failed to win the Hardcore title on Raw, Albert took his frustrations out on the newcomer AJ Styles. Wasting no time, Albert tore the youngster apart finishing him off in just under four minutes with a Baldo Bomb.

Prince Albert def. AJ Styles

40/78/59

2 - Rock/Triple H Recap

The opening to Raw is replayed, showing the confrontation between Rock and Triple H.

Sauntering onto the stage sans Corporation, The Rock is decked in his usual flashy attire with the WWF title sitting comfortably on his right shoulder. The fans boo him mercilessly, even moreso having just been given a fresh reminder of the lengths he went to beat Mankind the night before. He only serves to piss them off even more by taking his time walking down the ramp. He finally makes it to the ring, posing on the turnbuckles. The fans continue to piss all over him, which only serves the make the cocky smile on his face grow. Stepping down, he snatches the microphone from Howard Finkel and his music fades out.

Rock: Last night at the Royal Rumble...The Rock and Mankind, I Quit match.

He starts to pace back and forth, making the crowd wait for him to continue.

Rock: The Rock stood backstage next to that flabby ass freebird Dok Hendrix, and he offered a 100% money back guarantee. He stood there, and he guaranteed that by the end of the night there would be a new WWF Champion. The Rock strolled into the unknown, and walked out the two time WWF champion. You people should be happy that The Rock did you all a favour. Can you honestly admit that you enjoyed seeing that sad, pathetic, boiler room reject Mankind holding the most important title in all of wrestling? No, no, no, no, no! That honour is reserved for The Rock, and The Rock only. Vince McMahon had the right idea when he came to The Rock back in November begging him to be the corporate champion. The Rock is the finest superstar in all of sports entertainment, and yet you people sit there and you boo him? You're all lucky that The Rock is a busy champion, or he'd slap the taste out of each and every one of you here tonight! But the fact of the matter is, The Rock is a busy man and lowering himself to the level of you jabroni's simply isn't worth the time and effort. As far as tonight goes, Vince realised that The Rock is in no position to compete and has given him the night off. So all of you can go kiss The Rock's ass...IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

ARE YOU READY?

The Rock looks in disgust at being interrupted, as Triple H walks onto the stage without the rest of DX by his side. The fans give the Royal Rumble winner a huge ovation, as The Rock is forced to endure it in the middle of the ring.

Triple H: Rocky, Rocky, Rocky...I guess congratulations are in order? Quite the impressive showing last night if I do say so myself, even if it was a little...suspect.

The Rock takes off his glasses, a sure sign that he's pissed.

Rock: Whoa, whoa, whoa...Triple H, who in the blue hell do you think you are? Nobody, and the Rock means nobody interrupts his interview time. Not only that, but you dare question The Rock's match winning methods? The evidence was clear last night, The Rock simply took Mankind to the limit and forced him to utter "I Quit" for the first time in his sad, pathetic career. Foley should be happy The Rock was kind enough to give him such a legendary beating. People will remember how The Rock laid into his skull with a chair eleven times, and the dumb son of a bitch finally gained a shread of sense!

Triple H: You know what I think Rock?

Rock: The Rock couldn't give two sacks of monkey crap about what you think!

Triple H: Cute...but I think maybe you should start to forget about Foley, and be more concerned about me. Wrestlemania, Rock...you and I go one on one for that WWF title.

Rock: The Rock should be...concerned, about you?

Triple H: You're damn right you should be concerned about me!

Rock: Let The Rock tell you a little story Hunter. The corporate champion cares more about the crap on his shoes more than facing you at Wrestlemania. You and your title match aren't even on The Rock's radar. Now it's time for the monkey in the back to hit The Rock's music IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

Triple H: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we get it Rock. We all smell what you're cooking, and it smells like grade A corporate bulls[bleep]t! And if you don't like that, I've got two words for ya...

He points the microphone up as the crowd fills in with a huge "SUCK IT!" and the DX theme kicks in again. The Rock is absolutely fuming in the ring as we go to the first commercial break of the night.

IPB Image

WWF News And Notes

- It's been a fairly quiet week in the WWF, especially with the Royal Rumble being just six days past. Initial reaction on Triple H winning the Wrestlemania XV title shot has been good. While some were disappointed not to see Stone Cold Vs The Rock headline the show, others have been praising the move to try and elevate new people into the main event scene.

- With that, comes the obvious rumours about D-Generation X. While Hunter is seen as a viable star player in the years to come, management aren't happy with his stablemates. One plan is to break thr group up, freeing Triple H to continue his push as a singles star. If that were to happen, the remaining four could suffer greatly.

- The Ministry abduction angle is set to slow down after raw this week. The stable already has six members, nine if you count the inevitable inductions of The Brood. There is still plans to bring in the higher power The Undertaker has been referring to. When it is set to happen still remains unknown though, but it's not likely to come to a head until after Wrestlemania XV.

- There were several small debuts on Shotgun this past Saturday. AJ Styles made his professional debut against Prince Albert. There's been a lot of talk about the kid, since he debuted two months earlier than anyone expected him to. Despite the obvious buzz, WWF management only plan to use him occasionally on smaller shows as an enhancment talent. Also debuted were the brother tag team of Charlie and Russ Haas. The two have been looked at before, and were brought in for a try out against Kaientai. The match was said to be far better than anyone had anticipated, and shortly after the match both men were offered contracts. They will be sent down to OVW and their progress monitored before being brought up to the main roster.

- One other noteworthy mention for Shotgun would be the main event. Management were said to be furious with how Tiger Ali Singh conducted himself in the match. Val Venis was clearly frustrated with how Singh was being sluggish, and failing to follow the plan for the match. Afterwards Singh was bearated for his conduct and warned that next time serious action would be taken.

- Their is also word floating around that the WWF is looking to expand the Light Heavyweight division. Many inside the company agree that it needs to be taken more seriously. While WCW is failing behind in the ratings, a lot of the industry still praise it for the use of it's Cruiserweight division and the matches it produces. As far as a time frame for this expansion goes, it could start as early as this Sunday on Heat. Several names have been floating around as potential additions to the division, with a few Japanese stars being looked at also.

Edited by Xero Gravity

I'm digging this so far. I like Triple H winning the Rumble, As at the time, I was a huge HHH mark. He and Rock should be a great WM match, And I'm thinking you'll also deliver Austin versus McMahon at the event. But I hope you don't break up DX. I'm also wondering who you'll hire for the light heavyweight division, As WCW has all the top lightweight's. (it'd be awesome if you could get your hands on Juvi or Chavo) Other than that, I'm looking forward to more shows, And hopefully, You'll push guys like Owen and Kane. Keep up the good work. (Y)

IPB Image

WCW/NJPW Deal Coming To An End?

- We recieved news earlier today that New Japan Pro Wrestling is on the verge of severing all ties with World Championship Wrestling. Over the past several months, the bond between the two promotions has began to break down as New Japan stars are starting to be booked less and less. NJPW was ready to persevere and wait for WCW to start taking more of an interest again. However now it is clear that they chose to try and end the agreement due to interest being shown by the World Wrestling Federation. WWF are looking to bolster their Light Heavyweight division, and poaching the New Japan working deal could be a huge boost for them. Right now it looks as though New Japan will start talks with Vince McMahon, while they wait to see if WCW are prepared to reconsider their position in the partnership.

IPB Image

Could Jushin Liger Be Heading To A WWF Ring?

Okay, let's get some feedback in here, shall we?

-Rock/Hunter will be a nice change from the usual Austin/Rock match with Wrestlemania was known for at this time. Also good to see Triple H in the title hunt without having to turn him heel. His DX attitude should have been what got him there, even though I loved the first few months after he first turned. Hopefully at some point you can recreate that magic....maybe even a little better.

-Vince is more worried about his company than all the kidnapping going on. He just can't leave people alone and keep his own business. Ah well.

-Damn. Owen losing to X-Pac has got to force him down a few overness points, just for the simple fact that it's X-Pac.

-Kane takes a Big Boot and still manages to get the win. Ah yes, the monster may have returned. Can't see him forgetting about the footprint on the side of his head either.

-I liked the Mankind interview. Brought out a more hardcore side of Foley without resulting in his Cactus Jack persona. One more Rock/Mankind match could be good.

-I liked Triple H going to collect his money, but I wish you had've had him make the money sign after his match with Ken Shamrock. Would have been a good sign off note.

So far, so good man. I've always liked your work and you're making this different then most 99 diaries, which is always good.

IPB Image

Sunday Night Heat

February 7, 1999

1 - Devon Storm Vs Steve Blackman

Heat starts this week with the re-debut of Devon Storm, having wrestled a few times on raw back in 1997. "The Demented One" as he is billed makes his way to the ring in tattered jeans and a torn shirt, muttering to himself incoherently. His opponent Steve Blackman doesn't seem too phased by the unorthodox challenge, hitting the ring calmly. The match starts off evenly, both men getting their fair share of offense in to warm up the crowd. Eventually Blackman takes over and uses his martial arts background to wear down Storm with rapid fire strikes. Despite taking a lot of punishment, Storm simply smiles and demands more. He gets his wish as Blackman returns to hitting him with everything he's got. An attempted Pump Kick is ducked however and Devon quickly hits him with a Dementia Requiem (Spinning Double Arm DDT) to pick up the surprise debut win. He doesn't stop there, pummelling Blackman after the bell and hitting a second Dementia Requiem before leaving the ringside area.

Devon Storm def. Steve Blackman

53/78/65

2 - Something To Prove

As we cut backstage, we get our first look at the bolstered Ministry of Darkness. The Acolytes, Mabel, Mideon, and The Brood are walking throught the backstage area. Christian is dead center, as he is set to challenge Duane Gill for the Light Heavyweight title. He stops, turning to face the rest of the Ministry. Without saying a word, he shakes his head which causes the rest of the group to nod. Christian continues his walk towards the ring, leaving the Ministry to watch from the back.

3 - WWF Light Heavyweight Title Match

Duane Gill© Vs Christian

The unlikely champion Duane Gill finds himself alone going into this match, and it proves to be his downfall. Christian is unmerciful with his assault, determined to bring the title back to his master. Gill, to his credit doesn't go down without a fight. Somehow he manages to break away from Christian long enough to go back to his Gillberg roots and hit a "huge" Spear. Playing to the crowd gives Christian enough time to shrug off the spear and plant him in the middle of the ring with an Unprettier to mark his second reign as Light Heavyweight champion!

Christian def. Duane Gill to win the WWF Light Heavyweight Title

45/50/47

4 - Test Vs Giant Silva

This match had train wreck written all over it, and not once did it fail to live up to that. Neither man had the ability to lead a match on their own. On top of that was Silva's complete lack of talent, which only lead to several botches of even the most simple moves. Mercifully, Test took control and after a brief flurry of offense, hit a Running Big Boot that only just missed the high target of Silva's head. After the match, Test continued his assault of the giant. He froze on the spot as Kane's pyro exploded on the stage, then quickly dove out of the ring and into the crowd. The big red mahcine did not make an appearance, but his presence had been felt regardless.

Test def. Giant Silva

51/55/53

5 - The Euro Title Ain't Goin' Nowhere

Cutting backstage, Kevin Kelly is standing by with X-Pac ahead of his European title defense against Brian Christopher.

Kelly: X-Pac, you're moments away from your match with Brian Christopher. Any thoughts?

X-Pac: Do I have any thoughts? Hell son, the only thought I have is how long it's gonna' take me to beat that Memphis reject.

Kelly: Are you concerned at all about Scott Taylor being in Christopher's corner?

X-Pac: Hell no, as far as I'm concerned if those dancin' fools wanna' try and double team me, I'm gonna' give them as ass kicking DX style...and if they're not down with that? Well then they can just go ahead and SUCK IT!

Kelly: Thanks very much X-Pac, back to you guys at ringside.

6 - Winner Gets A Tag Title Shot On Raw

Public Enemy Vs The Headbangers

Neither team can currently be considered high on the tag team totem pole, so a shot at the tag titles was a big deal for them. To their credit, they went out and had a surprisingly good match. All four men took it in turns to get their shots in, eventually breaking down into a free for all around the ring. The ref was forced to let the fight continue as calling a double DQ would have left the title match without a challenger. After several minutes of fighting around the ring, it was brought back in to be finished. Mosh was dumped on the outside by Rocco, leaving Thrasher to fall victing to a Reverse DDT by Grunge. Having won the match, Rocco slid out of the ring and retrieved a table from underneath it. Mosh was still down on the outside, and couldn't save his partner from being sent crashing through the table with a Double Powerbomb. Public Enemy were finally forced out of the ring, as they made belt gestures to the crowd.

Public Enemy def. The Headbangers

55/74/64

7 - Flying Solo Tonight

We go once more backstage, to the DX locker room. X-Pac is making last minute preperations as the rest of the group is relaxing, and talking among themselves.

X-Pac: Time to teach this little punk ass a lesson!

Random words of encouragment are given to him as he leaves the locker room on the way to the ring.

8 - WWF European Title Match

X-Pac© Vs Brian Christopher w/ Scott Taylor

Too Much pranced down to the ring, to practically zero reception from the crowd. It was made worse by the fact that neither's attempts to rile them up worked in the slightest. X-Pac came out to the thunderous (by comparison) reaction, as the fans were just happy to not have to stomach Too Much alone anymore. The match itself was enough to get over the lack of reaction Too Much recieved earlier on. X-Pac was in a rare position to be the more established star in a match, meaning he was allowed to dominate Brian for long periods without any kind of reply. Taylor tried to interfere several times, and three turned out to be his unlucky number as he finally met a kick to the face for his troubles. With the outside distraction out of the way, Christopher soon fell prey to an X Factor and the end of his chance to become European champion. X-Pac celebrated with the belt, posing on all four turnbuckles. He hopped down off the last one and turned to leave.

CRACK!

X-Pac walks straight into a superkick, courtesy of...

IPB Image

Stevie Richards! The former ECW star lays in boots to X-Pac, before picking up the European title. He only has a few seconds to savour his victory, as the New Age Outlwas sprint down to the ring forcing him to take refuge in the crowd. Heat goes off the air with Stevie smiling at X-Pac slowly coming to in the middle of the ring.

X-Pac def. Brian Christopher to retain the WWF European title.

64/80/72

Show OR: 67

We got a 5.12 rating for 'Sunday Night Heat'!

The attendance level was 7020 people.

We made $280800 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

WWF Raw Is War Preview

February 8, 1999

Last week, the stage was set for one of the biggest rematches in recent memory. Mankind berated The Rock for his actions at the Royal Rumble, and challenged him one last time for St. Valentines Day Massacre. While The Rock gladly accepted and got into a brawl with Foley, will Vince allow his corporate champion to step into the unknown again? Vince intends to address Mankind's challenge, and give his final ruling on whether or not it will head up the PPV on the 21st.

Speaking of Vince, after being forced to hand over $100,000 of his own money to Triple H he failed to make the number one contender suffer. Ken Shamrock came close to beating him, but a miscommunication with the boss allowed Hunter to hit the Pedigree and win the match. While he got one over on the Corporation, Triple H will now have to answer to Stone Cold Steve Austin who returns from his one week cooling off period tonight. The Rattlesnake is still said to be in a foul mood having been eliminated last by Hunter in the Rumble match.

Also in action for the Corporation tonight, are the tag team champions. Public Enemy won a title shot on Heat over The Headbangers, sending Thrasher through a table afterwards to send a message to the champs. While Bossman was aided last week by Test, this week the 6'6" enforcer for the group will be forced to watch out for Kane. Test tried to screw Kane out of his match with a sick Big Boot, but only served to piss the Big Red Machine off. He made his presence felt on Heat during Test's match with another big man in Giant Silva, but tonight should prove to be more than theatrics as Kane looks to get his hands on Test and make him suffer.

Confirmed Matches:

WWF Tag Team Title Match: Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman© Vs Public Enemy

Billy Gunn Vs Jeff Jarrett

Mark Henry, The Godfather, and Val Venis Vs The Brood

IPB Image

WWF Raw Is War

February 8, 1999

1 - WWF Womens Title Match

Sable© Vs. Luna Vachon

The fans didn't care about this match in the slightest. There was no hype to it whatsoever, and it did little to warm the crowd up for the show. Neither woman looked at all willing to try and pull of an entertaining match, as the whole premise was simply "Hey look, we still have a womens title!" They dragged through the four minutes that the match lasted for, with the sole interesting point being when Sable hit the Sable Bomb. She botched it terribly, dropping Luna on her head and knocking her out cold for a good fifteen seconds.

Sable def. Luna to retain the WWF Womens title

60/51/57

2 - If I Had A Dollar

Luckily, the previous match became an after thought quickly as the titantron lit up. It showed the parking lot, and the arrival of D-Generation X. All five members were in high spirits, but none more than Triple H. Walking into the building, they soon came to a stop.

Triple H: Hey, you!

The camera panned round, to reveal a stage hand tucking into a hotdog.

Stagehand: Who...me?

Triple H: Yeah, you...come here.

Cautiously, he shuffled over to DX as Hunter delved into his pocket and pulled out a large wad of cash.

Triple H: I'll give you....

He bagan flicking through the cash.

Triple H: ...five hundred bucks for that hotdog.

Stagehand: But it's half eaten.

Triple H: Ah, okay then...how about a thousand?

Stagehand: I...dropped it on the floor too.

Triple H: Fifteen hundred?

Stagehand: ...and it landed on some gum.

Triple H: Alright already! Two thousand, and that's my final offer!

Stagehand: Uhhh...deal?

Triple H: Excellent!

Pulling out two grand, he exchanges it with the stagehand for his hotdog. He quickly scurries off with an astonished look on his face, just in case the money is taken back. Triple H looks at the hotdog, before tossing it onto the floor. Billy Gunn shakes his head in disgust.

Gunn: I can't believe the sick freak was still eating that...

Hunter hands his bag over to Chyna as he stuck the cash back into his pocket.

Triple H: Well I hate to love you and leave you, but I've got a prior engagment to piss Vince off in front of ten thousand people.

They all nod, chuckling amongst themselves as they head off towards the DX locker room. The camera continues to follow Hunter, as he randomly gives out hundred dollar bills to people passing him in the corridor. It cuts back to an arena shot as he reaches the gorilla position.

ARE YOU READY?

He's quickly through the curtain to a huge reaction from the fans. He poses on the stage and does a crotch chop as pyro explodes behind him. A few lucky fans in the front rows are given money as he heads down the ramp. Howard Finkel is also given money, just for handing Triple H the microphone. The music takes a few seconds to fade, giving Hunter enough time to put the money back in his trouser pocket.

Triple H: You know, I never thought I'd get satisfaction from giving away money. But hey, it's not mine after all right? I can just see Vince backstage now, hyperventilating with Shane standing over him trying to fan him down. I never really wanted the money in the first place, but who am I to pass up a chance to piss of McMahon? With that in...

CRASH!

The crowd goed absolutely crazy as the glass shatters, and Stone Cold marches onto the stage. Triple H looks aprehensive in the ring, watching the Rattlesnake make his way down the ramp and roll in through the bottom rope. His wait is made all the more agonising as Austin poses on all four turnbuckles before even acknolwedging he's even in the ring. As the music fades, Stone Cold stare straight at Hunter and slowly holds his hand up expecting the microphone. Looking around nervously, Hunter hands it over and walks over to where Finkel is waiting with another.

Triple H: Look Steve...

Austin: Shut your damn mouth.

He quickly quietens down as Stone Cold begins to walk round him in a cirlce, eyeing him from top to bottom.

Austin: Triple H...I respect you.

To say that wasn't what Hunter was expecting would be an understatment.

Austin: When you tossed me over the top rope in the Rumble, sure I was pissed off...but I'd have done the exact same thing in your position. Ya' see whether ya' believe me or not, I had no intention of coming out last week and stompin' a mudhole in your ass. Vince was just too chickens[bleep]it to take that risk. I watched last week as that little bastard ran his damn mouth about how he did it for Stone Cold's own good. Well last week I may have wanted to show up on Raw, but I got to drink a whole lot of beer and watch Vince cowering like a bitch thanks to The Undertaker! But that...was last week. Tonight however, is about me and you.

Triple H: Steve, I...

Austin doesn't say anything, his look is enough to cause Hunter to clam up.

Austin: While I do respect ya' for doin' what was needed to win the Rumble, I still gotta wonder. Did the right man win that night? There's only one way to find that out for sure. Triple H, Stone Cold, one on one at St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Triple H: But I've got...

Austin: If ya' want to see Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H kick each other's ass GIMME A HELL YEAH!

The crowd responds with a resounding "Hell Yeah!", which causes Austin to give Hunter a "well?" gesture.

Triple H: You and me, one on one?

Austin: Thas' right, just a straight up match. No title shot on the line...I jus' got to be sure.

Triple H: Well Steve? You're on!

The crowd erupts as they shake hands, and Stone Cold shouts for some beers. He offers one to Triple H, and the two toast their impending match. After a few more stevewisers Austin goes to leave, but Hunter stops him.

Triple H: Hey Steve, how'd you like twenty five grand?

Delving back into his pocket, he produces the cash again.

Austin: Twenty five grand from McMahon's own pocket? That's a whole lotta beer money!

He laughs, happily accepting the money, as they two play up to the crowd some more before we cut to a commercial break.

OR: 94

3 - Money Is The Least Of Their Problems

We cut backstage to the Corporation locker room, where Vince is indeed having a fit over the previous segment.

Vince: That son of a bitch!

Shane: Dad, calm down...it's just money.

Vince looks at Shane as though he's out of his mind.

Vince: Just money? That's MY MONEY DAMMIT! Triple H thinks he can get away with doing that? There's no chance in hell! Stone Cold wants him at St. Valentine's Day Massacre? Fine by me, those two can tear each other apart. But only...but only if Triple H can survive tonight that is. Because the main event has just been signed. One on one, Triple H is going up against...KANE!

The mere mention of Kane's name causes Test to jump with fear. He looks around the room nervously, as the rest of the Corporation stare in his direction.

Shane: Test, please do me a favour and get dad some water.

Test: But...but...

Shane: No buts, just go.

He hangs his head, and skulks out of the room. The door slams shut behind him only serving to freak him out even more. Nobody in the hallways can keep a straight face as he takes every precaution not to run into Kane on his way to the water cooler. With shaky hands pulls out one of the paper cups and begins to fill it up.

?????: BOO!

Test clearly leaps up with fear, spinning round to see a chuckling Al Snow and Head.

Snow: You were right Head, that was totally worth it!

His mind is quickly changed as Test snaps and begins pummeling him in the head with rights and lefts. Al has no chance of fighting back, and Test duly drives him through a conveniently set up table with a Pumphandle Slam. He starts to storm off as Al writhes in pain, but quickly comes back into view and fills up another cup of water before storming off again.

OR: 89

4 - Jeff Jarrett Vs. Billy Gunn

One half of two tag teams find themselves in action next, as Jeff Jarrett takes on Billy Gunn. Both men come out without their respective partners, choosing to go it alone instead. This proves to be bad news for Billy, as Jeff is clearly the better wrestler of the two and dominates early. Not all of his offense is completely legal however, as with each clean move he performs there is at least two cheap shots to keep the advantage. Gunn eventually does break the cycle and get in some shots of his own, hitting a fairly impressive Jackhammer for a close two count. After that it's all about setting up for the Fameasser with some basic, albeit effective moves. Stalling suplexes, dropkicks, and clotheslines are all on the menu for Jeff as Billy aims solely for his head for maximum effect. This should have been enough, if not for Owen Hart. Just as Billy was signalling for the Fameasser, Hart ran down to the ring undetected and tripped him up as he ran off the ropes. This gave Jeff enough time to recover and hit the Stroke for a tainted victory.

Hart brought in Jeff's guitar, and the two began to double team the downed Outlaw. Eventually the crowd picked up as Road Dogg came down, determined to make the save. He ran straight through them with a double clothesline, and then turned his attention to Owen. A Shake, Rattle, and Roll took down Hart much to the delight of the crowd, leaving him to take out Jarrett.

BANG!

Things didn't got to plan as Road Dogg met a guitar to the skull knocking him out cold next to his partner. Jeff helped Owen up and the two taunted the Outlaws before leaving, having got one over on them.

Jeff Jarrett def. Billy Gunn

74/77/75

5 - The Higher Power Demands Satisfaction

With the Outlaws finally cleared from the ringside area, the arena goes dark and the voice echoes on the PA system signalling the arrival of the Ministry of Darkness. The Undertaker is front and center, flanked by Paul Bearer, both Acolytes, Mideon, Mable, and the three members of The Brood. They each take it in turns climbing in the ring, and Undertaker raises the lights as Gangrel spits his red liquid high into the air. Each man kneels before The Undertaker as Paul Bearer hands him a microphone.

Undertaker: Monday, February 1st 1999...the final piece of the puzzle was put into place. With the inclusion of the wayward Brood into the Ministry of Darkness, the insurrection brewing within the bowels of the World Wrestling Federation was ready. What you see before you is the army that will crush Vincent Kennedy McMahon, and offer up the WWF to our master. One by one his corporate puppets will fall by the wayside as we tear this company apart and reshape it in his image. Gangrel, Edge, Christian. You know what he wants to see...show no mercy, for none shall be shown to you if you return to us with failure.

The Brood rise to their feet, heads still bowed before The Undertaker. The Ministry music hits again, as everyone not in the match leaves the ring and vacates the area ahead of the six man tag match.

OR: 77

6 - Six Man Tag Match

The Brood Vs. Val Venis, The Godfather, and Mark Henry

Their opponents come out togehter in a show of unity, the strong favourites thanks to the size and power combination of Godfather and Mark Henry. They are accompanied by several of Godfather's ladies, much to the delight of the male orientated crowd. To everyone's surprise, the match itself starts off with Henry going up against Christian. To his credit, the Light Heavyweight champion takes everything Henry throws at him but keeps on coming. The plan works perfectly, as after around four minutes of being hit with a barrage of basic power offense, Henry starts to run out of gas. Christian makes a quick tag to Gangrel, who after three attempts manages to topple him with a running clothesline. Val and Godfather can only watch on as The Brood make regular tags, keeping Henry grounded and unable to use his size against them. Edge takes over for good, keeping the focus on his Mark's legs while also softening him up for a Downward Spiral. As the end looks near, Edge goes for the finish but Henry pushes him back into his team's corner. With that few seconds he's able to fall backwards and tag in Godfather. That doesn't stop Val from joining him, ending in a brief free for all. The ring quickly clears leaving Godfather alone with Edge. The two trade rights and lefts, which Godfather starts to win until he gets a thumb to the eye. Edge tries to whip him off the ropes, but Godfather reverses it into an irish whip of his own. Following him across the a short clothesline, he misses Gangrel getting the blind tag. Rebounding over to the other side, Godfater hits a second clothesline and goes for a Pump Handle Drop. Gangrel picks his moment and leaps into the ring to break it up. Christian dives across the ring to take out Henry and Val, leaving Gangrel to plant Godfather in the middle of the ring with the Impaler and get the three count for the Ministry.

With the match over, one of the ladies is stupid enough to climb into the ring and check on The Godfather. All three members of the Brood take one look at her, and Gangrel grabs her by a handful of hair. Her screams draw Val and Henry back into the ring, but Christian and Edge are waiting to lay them out with simultaneous chair shots. With no one willing to help her, The Brood leave the ring dragging her away with them.

The Brood def. Val Venis, Mark Henry, and The Godfather

63/70/66

7 - Hardcore Whether They Like It Or Not

We're taken backstage next, as the number one contenders to the tag titles are warming up. Surrounding them is a plethora of weapons including a table, several chairs, a garbage can full to the brim, and even a spool of barbed wire. With determined looks on their faces they grab as much as they can carry and make their way towards the entrance curtain. Their music hits, and they come out onto the stage armed to the teeth. The fans are surprisingly resceptive to the two, mainly due to the arsenal they are carrying towards the ring. Taking turns to climb in, Rocco grabs a microphone.

Rocco: Hey pussies! Johnny and I don't get too many title shots, so we're damn sure gonna take full advantage of this. If you two have any balls, you'll makes this a hardcore match and prove you deserve those straps more than we do!

He slams the mic down, and arms himself with a singapore cane. Grunge grasps a stop sign in his hands, and they wait for Shamrock and Bossman.

OR: 62

8 - Hardcore Match for the WWF Tag Team Titles.

Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman© Vs. Public Enemy

This match had a certain air about it within the crowd, as the tag team champions marched down to the ring. Bossman weilded his nightstick and Shamrock had a cane of his own. From the off it proved to be a voilent, brutal, yet highly enjoyable match. Three quarters of the participants weren't known for their wrestling ability, but within the confines of a weapon filled brawl they were able to play off their strengths. Ken and Rocco began by clashing canes like they were swords, and Grunge blocking and of Bossman's shots with his stop sign. Eventually one cane shot got through, pasting Shamrock square in the face. It didn't take long for him to start bleeding, but he was an afterthought for several minutes as Bossman fell prey to the handicap advantage Public Enenmy gained. He tried to fight back, but the trash can came into play and he was hit with pretty much everything it had inside before being cracked over the skull with the can itself. Several near falls almost crowned new champions, until a bloodied Shamrock made the save. Upon the sight of his own blood dripping down his face, he snapped with pain on his mind. Public Enemy barraged him with singapore cane shots, but they only managed to ground him momentairly. One by one he executed snap belly to belly spulexes sending both men into the pile of junk scattered around the ring. Bossman soon recovered and joined his partner, as the tables returned to normal. Rocco was up first, but walked into a Bossman Slam for his troubles. With Grunge left trying to stand, the champs set up the table and eyed the barbed wire. Unravelling it, both men wrapped the wire around the table, then grabbed Grunge. The fans, who weren't used to seeing barbed wire used, were nearly stunned silent as they hit a Double Powerbomb through the table! Grunge convulsed in pain as Shamrock pinned him leaving Bossman to kick Rocco back down.

As the match ended, Bossman and a bloodied Shamrock raised their belts in celebration. Grunge and Rocco managed to drag themselves to their feet as the champs were leaving. Not content with the beating they took, both men staggered out to the aisle and attacked again. They four men engaged in another voilent brawl, that saw them disappear down the side of the stage and through one of the curtains to the back.

Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman def. Public Enemy to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles

71/82/76

9 - McMahon Gives His Answer

There's no time for the cameras to follow the brawl, as our attention remains focused on the stage.

NO CHANCE! COS' THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE GOT!

The boss struts onto the stage amidst the boos, with a serious look on his face. There's no Corporation backup wiith him as marches down the ramp towards the ring. The weapons and blood from the previous match are only just being removed as he climbs in and demands Finkel's microphone.

Vince: Alright, cut my music.

The sound duly cuts off, leaving the crowd's boos and a faint "asshole!" chant floating through the arena.

Vince: Last week, I had to watch as Mick Foley went through another identity crisis. He came out here, and seemed to think that he was Vince McMahon. Why else would he assume that had any authority to make matches? You see Mick, you're not Vince McMahon...I am. You don't make matches...I do. And you...

CRASH!

The fans go crazy as Mick walks onto the stage, or to be correct it is Mankind that walks onto the stage. Still not completely his usual jovial self, he does interact with the fans a little bit more than he did last week. Wasting no time, he rolls into the ring and retrieves himself a second microphone.

Mankind: Now Vince...

Vince: SHUT UP!

Mick cocks his head to one side, playing a confused look at Vince's anger.

Vince: Let me get one thing straight with you Mick, your match with The Rock? It's NOT going to happen any time soon.

Mankind: I hate to be the one to tell you this Vince, but it is. Whether you like it or not, me and your corporate champion are going to settle things. I don't care if it's in this ring, the parking lot, or even in a queue at Disney World! Rocky and I are going to fight one more time.

Vince: Is that...a threat Mick?

Mankind: A threat? I wouldn't dream of threatening you Vince, that was a promise!

Vince: Now you hold on just a damn...

Mankind: NO! YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU SELF CENTERED SON OF A BITCH!

Vince begins to back off towards a corner, with Mankind following hims every step of the way.

Mankind: I'm SICK and TIRED of people telling me what I can and can't do! I should tear you apart for what you did to me at Survivor Series. You used me, just so you could have your perfect champion. You took my trust, and my love, AND YOU FLUSHED IT DOWN THE TOILET!

By now, Vince is literally up on the top turnbuckle trying desperatley to back further away from Mick.

Mankind: Well I've had enough of this! You WILL give me The Rock, or I WILL break you NECK!

Vince quickly raises his hands, in an attmept to get Mick to back off.

Vince: A...alright Mick. You want The Rock? You've got him!

BAM!

Mankind hits the deck thanks to a belt shot to the back of his head. The boos rain down on the ring as Vince cracks a smile and hugs Rock. Mick tries to get to his feet, but the WWF title is driven into the side of his face knocking him back down. At the behest of McMahon, Rocky starts laying boots into Mankind's face. Despite the beating, Mick slowly starts to get back to his feet. Vince beings to panic, but Rock is ready and plants him in the middle of the ring with a huge Rock Bottom! That proves to keep Mankind down long enough for Vince and Rocky to taunt him, before leaving him alone the ring.

OR: 96

10 - Are You Ready Kane?

One last time we cut backstage, this time to Kevin Kelly standing by the Raw Is War backdrop.

Kelly: I'm standing here with the leader of D-Generation X, and the number one contender to the WWF Title...Triple H.

Hunter steps into view, with the rest of DX just off camera.

Kelly: Hunter, thanks to your antics earlier tonight you find yourself going one on one with Kane. Any thoughts?

Triple H: Any thoughts? Yeah, I've got a few. For one, I bet Vince is thinking these are going to be my last words. Why else would he put me in a match with a monster like Kane? He's afraid that if I make it to Wrestlemania XV, Rocky isn't going to stand a chance of walking away still the champion. But I'm not taking anything away from Mankind. It'd give me great pleasure to see Mick leave Rock in a bloodied heap, and go to Wrestlemania to face me. But that's next month, tonight it's all about Kane. I've got no bad blood with the big red machine, and I know the chances of him kicking my ass are way higher than me kicking his. But the fact is, I'm gonna go out there and give it the ol' DX try. Now if you don't mind...

Hunter takes the mic out of Kelly's hand, and sticks a wad of cash into his top pocket as compensation.

ARE YOU READY?

The music hits, and the camera follows Triple H through the back, until he reaches the curtain. Then it switches back to the arena shot and Hunter walks onto the stage. Strolling down the ramp, Hunter takes his time, circling the ring several times before sliding in under the bottom rope. Hopping to his feet, he waits for the music to fade.

Triple H: ARE...YOU...READY?

The crowd cheers, but Hunter shakes his head.

Triple H: I know you can do better than that, I said ARE...YOU...READY?!

This time he gets a much bigger chear from the fans, which elicits a smile.

Triple H: Then, for the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home...LLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO SUCK IIIIIIIT!

The stage explodes, and the lights dip down to a deep read as Kane walks onto the stage.

OR: 79

11 - Kane Vs Triple H

Kane marches down the ramp, as Hunter waits in his corner stretching against the ropes. Stepping effortlessly over the top, the big red machine walks into the middle of the ring and starts to raise his hands. He doesn't manage to finish as Triple H does the smart thing and starts the match on his own terms. He drills the giant with several right hands that barely show any effect at all. They do however force Kane back into a turnbuckle where Hunter continues to lay rights and lefts anywhere he can. Eventually however they start to do zero damage and Kane begins to walk forward. Clasping onto Hunter's throat, he tosses him into the corner he just occupied and snaps off a huge uppercut lifting Hunter off his feet! From there he continues to lay in strike after strike with no reply. As Triple H staggers forward, he's lifted up and carried around the ring before being drilled with a huge sidewalk slam. Kane doesn't go for the cover yet, choosing instead to inflict more punishment on the number one contender. Whipping him off the ropes creates a turning point in the match, as Hunter ducks it and smartly lands a chop block into Kane's left knee. With the giant cut down to size he follows it up with a running thigh shot to the face. Kane isn't down for long, but Hunter still manages to hit a running knee drop connecting with his forehead. As the big red machine rises to his feet, Test is seen skulking down the ramp trying to conceal himself. Making it down to the apron he picks his spot and waits for Kane.

His wait proves to be a long one, as Triple H stands toe to toe with his bigger adversary, matching him blow for blow. In the end it proves to be for nothing as Kane's power overwhelms him and he's whipped across the ropes, meeting the flat of his boot on the return. With advantage firmly in his control, Kane begins to scale the turnbuckles without seeing Test until it's too late. Sliding a chair into the ring first distracts the ref, allowing Test to hop onto the apron and shove Kane off! The masked giant lands on the top rope throat first, rebounding him around into the waiting boot of Triple H. Taking no chance he butterflies the arms, and attempts the Pedigree. Despite being thrown off the top, Kane breaks free and backdrops Hunter over his head with ease! Test is livid on the outside, causing him to hop onto the apron again. This time he catches the ref in the back of the head with a stiff right hand, knocking him out cold on the canvas! Stepping through the ropes he has one thing on his mind, and tries to Running Big Boot Kane...but he ducks! Test goes over Kane's ducked head, and connects squarely with a groggy Triple H's face! This gives kane enough time to lay in wait, and drill a turning Test with a thunderous Chokeslam! Despite the accidental assistance, Kane isn't one to not take advantage as he drags Triple H to his feet and gives him a Chokeslam of his own. The ref takes serval seconds to come to, but Hunter is out long enough to be pinned for the three, giving Kane a big win.

Kane def. Triple H

88/90/89

Kane rises to his feet victorious, setting off his pyro and dropping the arena into a deep red hue. Test is barely coming to in the middle of the ring, with Triple H close behind. Kane leaves the ring, choosing to end his part in the proceedings. Marching up the ramp, he's gone by the time Test has staggered to his feet. Throwing a fit having not got one over on him, test doesn't see Triple H coming. Spinning him around angrily, Hunter boots him in the stomach and drives him into the middle of the ring with a ferocious Pedigree! Getting to his feet, he defiantly crotch chops the Corporate bodyguard as the crowd cheers wildy, providing the last visual as the show goes off the air.

Show OR: 79

We got a 6.90 rating for 'Raw is War'!

The attendance level was 10027 people.

We made $401080 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

Shotgun Saturday Night

February 13, 1999

1 - American Dragon Vs Tiger Ali Singh

From headlining the previous Shotgun to opening the show with an unknown, Tiger Ali Singh had fallen out of favour quickly with management. After being repeatedly told to tighten up his ringwork and co-operate with his opponents, the final chance had come and gone. In what was his first competitive match, American Dragon had no experience of leading a match. The fans could sense it and began to boo forcing it to end early. To everyone's surprise though, it was Singh who took the fall getting caught by the rookie with a Dragon Sleeper to earn the tap out win in his debut.

36/76/56

2 - Continuity Is A Beautiful Thing

Before the main event, we get a brief recap video of the event leading up to the match being signed.

We cut backstage to the Corporation locker room, where Vince is indeed having a fit over the previous segment.

Vince: That son of a bitch!

Shane: Dad, calm down...it's just money.

Vince looks at Shane as though he's out of his mind.

Vince: Just money? That's MY MONEY DAMMIT! Triple H thinks he can get away with doing that? There's no chance in hell! Stone Cold wants him at St. Valentine's Day Massacre? Fine by me, those two can tear each other apart. But only...but only if Triple H can survive tonight that is. Because the main event has just been signed. One on one, Triple H is going up against...KANE!

The mere mention of Kane's name causes Test to jump with fear. He looks around the room nervously, as the rest of the Corporation stare in his direction.

Shane: Test, please do me a favour and get dad some water.

Test: But...but...

Shane: No buts, just go.

He hangs his head, and skulks out of the room. The door slams shut behind him only serving to freak him out even more. Nobody in the hallways can keep a straight face as he takes every precaution not to run into Kane on his way to the water cooler. With shaky hands pulls out one of the paper cups and begins to fill it up.

?????: BOO!

Test clearly leaps up with fear, spinning round to see a chuckling Al Snow and Head.

Snow: You were right Head, that was totally worth it!

His mind is quickly changed as Test snaps and begins pummeling him in the head with rights and lefts. Al has no chance of fighting back, and Test duly drives him through a conveniently set up table with a Pumphandle Slam. He starts to storm off as Al writhes in pain, but quickly comes back into view and fills up another cup of water before storming off again.

IPB Image

WWF Cuts Down The Roster, Faarooq Injured, More On New Japan

- Shortly after the Heat taping finished, several WWF superstars were called to one side and informed that they were going to be released. At the moment, reasoning behind the cuts is either lack of ideas for them, or no real plans at all. The preliminary list goes as follows:

Bart Gunn

Gloga

Giant Silva

Kurrgan

Tiger Ali Singh

The Blue Meanie

Duane Gill

Nicole Bass

Terri Runnels

Tori

Ivory

Luna

Surprising additions to the list would be the entire Oddities stable. While the group was somewhat popular with the fans, management came to the conclusion that the group's shelf life was limited. Alone none of them would really get over, so the decision to cut their losses was made. Also, a vast majority of the females on the roster have been released, putting the Womens title in doubt. However there is word that no decision has been made to scrap the title yet, and new blood could be brought in to try and make the belt more worthwhile. One not so surprising addition is Tiger Ali Singh. For the second week in a row he was reprimanded about his extremely sloppy ring work. After once again showing no signs of changing he was released on the spot.

- On the injury front, Ron Simmons aka Faarooq was injured during a pre raw dark match. Both Acolytes were in a match with the Haas brothers, in an attempt to help them get familiar with the WWF live crowd. While attempting a falling powerslam Faarooq landed on his hand akwardly and disloacted one of his fingers. The injury isn't serious, and will only keep him out of action for the remainder of February.

- The big story last week was the problems surrounding the WCW/NJPW working agreement. While no decision has been made as of yet, the pressure between the two is continuing to build. The WWF have met with representatives of New Japan, and are really pushing for them to switch promotions and work with them. Insiders are already stating that such a move may not damage WCW in the long run, but losing names such as Jushin Liger could hurt them briefly.

IPB Image

The Human Oddities Bow Out Of The WWF.

I dug this week's Raw. Glad to see you still making look tough, And a win over Triple H is big for Kane. Hopefully, After his feud with Test, He moves onto better things. Triple H/Austin should also be good, But Austin came off looking too much like a regular babyface. I mean, The segment would have come off better if Austin had stunned Triple H, The fans wouldn't have booed Austin, Since he was all about that. I also liked the tag title match from Raw, And that match definitely made PE seem like a threat to the champs. But I think it's time for Shamrock and Bossman to drop those titles. Anyways, Keep up the solid work (Y)

Raw Feedback

-By this time, Sable was way passed the point where she could be a viable valet for anyone, in my opinion of course, so I can’t see her lasting very much longer seeing as she can’t wrestle either, and I’d drop the Women’s title if I were you, but then again, I’m not that either, so ya know.

-The hell? So I’m thinking that was just a way for Triple H to show off getting the cash, but damn. He should have hired some girls to strip, or to wrestle in oil or something like that. Here comes Austin. If Triple H is the push killer now, Austin was at this point, so he needs a strong showing in this verbal confrontation. Is Austin going to ask him out on a date? Damn. Wouldn’t that be funny...erm..I mean stupid. Well, close, they were having beer, and Hunter gave Austin money for goods and services. Methinks Austin is a prostitute.

-For the love of god, NO! Kane against Triple H? One of them has to lose, and that doesn’t look good for either man. Poor Test, looks like he’s getting the old Eric Young gimmick, paranoid everytime Kane’s name is said. Not bad, giving Test a bit of a mean streak. Loved the double take with the water.

-Before there was Triple J, there was the Jeff Jarrett I really liked. Actually, I still like him so that doesn’t really work, does it. So Owen helps Jarrett win, but Jarrett causes Owen to lose. Hmmm. Nice guitar shot on Road Dogg though. Choke on that Slap Nuts. God I loved that phrase, but then again, that was WCW Jarrett.

-Well, seeing as I know you’re not going with Vince as being the higher power, I’m going to be very intrigued to who you do get. The Undertaker’s message comes in loud and clear, now let’s hope it’s not the Brood who takes the “Weak” part of things.

-Well, they pick up the win here, against three guys who really weren’t doing anything at the time. So they drag away a woman. So it makes me wonder who the girl is, because I don’t see you doing that without reasoning.

-You gave the mic to Public Enemy?!! Public Enemy?!! Damn!

-Actually, come to think about it, this feud could work, but only on a hardcore scale. I wouldn’t want to see them in a submission contest or anything, but the complete pounding the hell out of each other would definitely work.

-Wow, Austin’s shattering of glass and Mankind’s car wreck sounds the same :pervert: Nice little confrontation between Mic and Vince. Emotionally charged little interview. Rock’s attack served to set up their match, and give Rock an upperhand going into it. I can see this going back and forth until the ppv.

-One concern is that Triple H doesn’t sound like his cocky self. Despite him being a face, his DX days were spent as a cocky face, and him saying that Kane has a better chance of kicking his ass just seemed off to me. I always loved that Michael Buffer rip that Hunter always did, but you gotta add some stuff in there like he used to do. Example: “For the thousands in attendance, the millions watching live around the world, and this one chubby guy in the front row with a candybar”

-Despite it being against Triple H, I still love Kane’s “No Selling” which is shades of Taker from the early 90's. OUCH! I don’t think you were going for it, but that just killed a lot of Hunter’s heat right there with Kane taking out Test AND Triple H. Uh oh.

Shotgun Saturday

-American Dragon in WWF? And he picks up a win. Don’t fall for it man. Don’t fall into the trap of pushing the indy guys. Nah, I don’t think you are, but god damn, you can’t have him lose to Tiger Ali Singh. That’s like career suicide.

-For a few seconds, I couldn’t figure out who those two unknown guys were, but then I remembered you telling me who it was. Should be a good feud simply because of the in ring talent of all four men.

-Don’t listen to Hewey. No push for Savio. Actually I’m not sure that Hewey has said it yet, but give him time, cause he will.

-Heat killer!! Damn, you’re not doing good with keeping the heat up for some of these people. Test going into a fight with Kane, yet can’t beat Al Snow. Eeep.

Random Rumblings

-Hmm, if you’re still trying to build the Women’s Division, then I’m not sure why you fired Ivory. She’s pretty competent in the ring.

That’s really all I’ve got.

IPB Image

Sunday Night Heat

February 7, 1999

1 - Devon Storm Vs. The Godfather

We kick off this week's Heat much like we did last week, with a match featuring the newly signed Devon Storm. His opponent this time round is the much more physically imposing Godfather. This doesn't seem to bother the demented one much, as he fights with the same deranged brutality that he did against Steve Blackman. Godfather does get several big shots in, including a sick superkick to the face that bust Storm's nose open. Despite all that, Devon smiles through the pain and keeps at Godfather like a rabid animal. After several instances of getting close to being disqualified for his actions, Storm ends it with a huge Dementia Requiem, to go 2-0 in his return.

Devon Storm def. The Godfather

64/68/66

2 - Storm's Not Finished Yet

After having his hand raised, Storm looks as though he's going to leave quietly. Something however, causes him to look around as though he's being spoken to. After a few seconds of that, he turns around and pounces on a unsuspecting Godfather. The ref has no chance of breaking it up and is forced to watch as Devon pounds Godfather's heads mercilessly and claw at his face. Then all of a sudden he stops, and rolls out of the ring without another incident. Instead of leaving up the ramp, he walks over to near the announce table and sits on one of the chairs. Breathing calmly, he stares at the ring with a blank expression as Godfather is helped out to the back.

OR: 69

3 - WWF Hardcore Title Match

Road Dogg Vs. Bradshaw

Most hardcore title matches are painful by default. This one however was tripled as Road Dogg had to defend his title against the ultra stiff Ministry member. Despite being the champ, Road Dogg is treated like a complete jobber as Bradshaw beats him from pillar to post with anything he can get his hands on. This continues for a good several minutes before Road Dogg gets any offense of his own in. A mis-times Clothesline From Hell attempt allows the hardcore champion to blast Bradshaw with a plethora of stop sign shots. They slowly start to take effect as Road Dogg switches to a singapore cane and lets off one huge shot that topples the Acolyte. There's no need for anything else, as the sheer impact of so many weapon shots is enough to get the pinfall.

As Road Dogg staggers to his feet, and celebrates with the title Devon Storm lunges out of his chair. Much like earlier he strikes quickly and without any provocation. Bradshaw simply rolls out of the ring and staggers away to face the rest of the Ministry. Grabbing a chair, Storm places it on the ground and plants Road Dogg face first into it with a Dementia Requiem! That would have been enough usually, but not on this occasion. Devon drags the barely conscious champion to his feet, and hits another Dementia Requiem onto the chair! With Road Dogg bloodied and beaten, Devon goes back to a calm state and leaves the ring without a second glance at the pain he's caused.

Road Dogg def. Bradshaw to retain the WWF Hardcore Title.

70/80/75

4 - The Headbangers Vs. The Hardy Boys

After polishing off the established team of Too Much on Shotgun, The Hardys were back a day later to take on The Headbangers. In the end it turned out to be a surprisingly good match for one thrown onto the card at the last possible second. Both teams took it in turns with the offense, as the Headbangers had no problem allowing the youger inexperienced team look good, if not the better team in the match. Much like last night though, the same two men who appeared on the stage returned again. This time they succeeded in distracting the Hardy Boys which lead to their downfall. Thrasher suplexed Matt up and over the top rope to the floor, leaving Jeff prone to a Stage Dive by Mosh. The pin fall was academic, giving The Headbangers the win.

Unlike last week, the two men didn't disappear after the match. Instead the made their way down and started attacking a prone Matt Hardy on the outside! The slightly taller of the two slid into the ring and started to do the same to Jeff. The fans booed as the slight fan favourites continued to get assaulted by the unknowns.

The Headbangers def. The Hardy Boys

50/77/63

5 - You Brought It On Yourselves

With Matt dragged back into the ring, one of the assailants is handed a microphone. After a few good kicks to the head of each Hardy, he starts to talk.

?????: Long time no see...

Another several kicks are laid in by both men before they continue.

?????: Aren't you happy to see us?

The one with the mic drops to his knees, getting close to the pain ridden faces of the Hardys.

?????: Matt? Jeff? I said aren't you happy to see us?

He looks up at his smaller assosciate, and smiles a cocky grin.

?????: OF COURSE YOU'RE NOT!

Getting to his feet, he starts to pace back and forth angrily.

?????: What happened to you two? It looks like the WWF life has made you forget who you really are. What's worse, it's made you forget about your friends. You get signed here, and all of a sudden we don't exist. You know, Joey and Christian didn't want us to do anything to you, but Shannon and I couldn't just let it drop. We worked our asses off to get noticed by WWF management, and get within touching distance of you. Now we're here, and we promise to make you remember who Shane Helms and Shannon Moore really are! The clock is ticking, and soon your WWF careers are going to come to an end, courtesy of Team Omega...

Helms drops the mic next to the downed Hardys, as he and Shannon head up the ramp to a small spattering of boos from the crowd.

OR: 43

6 - The Brood Vs. Bob Holly, Scorpio, and Steve Blackman

Another random pairing of three workers were thrown together again to face The Brood. Accompanying the Ministry trio is the woman they abducted on Raw. Much different from before, she's now wearing a jet black tattered dress. Her face is pale white, with black lipstick and dark rings under her eyes. She's introduced to the crowd as Lilith, as the gothic foursome make their way towards the ring. Their opponents remain in their corner, clearly talking strategy as The Brood finish their usual routine. The match starts with Gangrel and Holly as the legal me, with Bob quickly getting the advantage thanks to his no nonsense attacks. He keeps the vampire grounded with several punishing slams focusing on Gangrel's back, but a thumb to the eye slows it down quickly. Simultaneous tags in to Christian and Scorpio speed the match up as the two light heavyweight wrestlers trade aerial offense as their partners watch on. After a spinning heel kick to the face, Scorpio looks set to hit the Scorpio Splash. He climbed to the top, only to have his foot grabbed by Lilith on the outside. This allowed Christian to tag into Edge, who took advantage of the distraction and threw Scorpio hard onto the canvas! Crouching in the corner, he waited for a dazed Scorpio to get to his feet and sprinted forward looking to a Spear. Out of nowhere cane Steve Blackman, who caught Edge square in the face with a dropkick to save his partner! This caused Christian and Gangrel to get into the ring, followed by Bob Holly. All six men started brawling, as the ref looked set to throw the match out. Thankfully the ring cleared, but nobody saw Lilith throw the Light Heavyweight title to Edge. One hard belt shot later, and Scorpio was out cold. With everyone else fighting on the outside, Edge was free to pick up the victory for The Brood.

The Brood def. Bob Holly, Scorpio, and Steve Blackman

56/79/67

7 - Damn Sneaky Canadians...And Jarrett Too

Just before the main event, we cut backstage to Canadian Country walking towards the ring.

Jeff: Are you sure this is gonna work?

Owen: Trust me Jeff, it'll work. Once we beat those DX rejects, Shawn Michaels will have to consider us a top contender for the titles.

Jeff: But we're not even facing the Outlaws, we're facing Billy Gunn and X-Pac.

Owen: So? Beating D-Generation X is beating D-Generation X, no matter who's involved. Jeff, just stop being so pessimistic and believe that this is gonna work, ok?

Jeff: Alright man, if you say so.

With that, we face back to the ring.

OR: 83

8 - Tag Team Match

Billy Gunn and X-Pac Vs Canadian Country

With Road Dogg defending his hardcore title earlier in the show, X-Pac stepped up to partner Gunn against Jeff and Owen. The lack of chemistry between the two became apparent from the start, as despite taking the advantage for the opening several minutes they soon lose their focus. Jeff quickly capitalises on this and cuts Billy off from his corner, and works around his right leg softening it up for a possible Figure Four. A series of quick tags between the two continue to target the leg, as Owen also has a Sharpshooter in mind. X-Pac can only watch on from the corner as Billy is unable to fight off both men on only one leg. he does however manage to get to his feet on a few occasions and come close to a tag, but each time he's cut down and pulled back into the corner. As the end seems to get closer and closer, Jeff and Owen choose to take on Billy at the same time. This backfires as he's able to take them both out with a desperation double clothesline! The fans cheer him on as he crawls towards X-Pac, and finally makes a tag! The European champion bounds into the ring and uses his impressive kicks to take both members of Canadian country down. Owen is taken down by a kick to the face, but quickly grabs the ref as he hits the ground screaming about a broken nose. Jeff is unlucky enough to fall into the corner, prime for a Bronco Buster. he turns to the opposite corner, only to be forced to catch the European title. Before he has a second to realise what's going on, he's blasted with a Superkick by Stevie Richards sending the belt into his face! Owen miraculously recovers, and knocks Billy off the apron as Jeff crawls over and covers X-Pac to score the pin fall victory!

Canadian Country def. Billy Gunn and X-Pac

76/84/80

Show OR: 69

We got a 5.39 rating for 'Sunday Night Heat'!

The attendance level was 10045 people.

We made $401800 from ticket sales.

IPB Image

WWF Raw Is War Preview

February 15, 1999

Test's luck just isn't getting any better. If he'd known what kind of effect his attack on Kane would have caused last week, he probably wouldn't have bothered. Not only has he becmoe paranoid leading him to lose matches he really should win, he's also found himself in the bad side of the number one contender. Despite all that, Vince McMahon has chosen to reward Test for throwing off Triple H's concentration with a shot at the Hardcore title. With two people now on his back, Test's life is set to get even more paranoid.

With St. Valentine's Day Massacre just around the corner, the main event title match is still in jeopardy. Mick Foley has implicitly started that the match will go ahead with or without Vince's blessing. Last week McMahon suckered Mankind into a sneak attack by the WWF champion. With that beating fresh in his mind, Foley will be forced to push it back as he finds himself in a match with the massive Ministry member Mabel.

Many fans were disappointed with the way Stone Cold Steve Austin went about challenging Triple H to a match at the ppv. Tonight there will be no words, as he too is set to step into the ring for the first time since the Royal Rumble. His opponent? The WWF Tag Team Champions. With his attention stretched in several directions, Vince is determined to stamp out The Rattlesnake once and for all.

Speaking of his attention, The Ministry of Darkness last week made another mention of their "Higher Power". While The Undertaker has made no indication of when he is to reveal himself, one thing is for certain. With each passing day, the WWF gets shakier and shakier as they try to wrack their brains over who it could be. According to The Undertaker, McMahon hasn't been paying much attention to them recently but all that is about to change. Whatever that means, tonight does not look like a good one for the Corporation.

Confirmed Matches:

WWF Hardcore Match: The Road Dogg© Vs Test

Mankind Vs Mabel

Handicap Match: Stone Cold Vs Ken Shamrock and The Big Bossman