Damon Albarns New Project

Benji

Damon Albarn forms new band

The Gorillaz' chief and friends record new album

Damon Albarn has formed a new band for his next project.

The Blur frontman was working on a solo project with Danger Mouse producing, but now the pair have switched their attention to working on a new album called 'The Good The Bad And The Queen'.

The record has been recorded by the new group which features The Clash's bassist Paul Simonon, former Verve man and auxiliary Blur guitarist Simon Tong and drummer Tony Allen along with Albarn.

They plan to release their debut single in October, before the full album - a concept record about London - is released in January next year.

The group will make their live debut at the BBC's Electric Proms season at revamped Camden venue The Roundhouse this October.

CREDIT: NME.com

I'm worried, I never look forward to the 'proms', but now I have genuine reason to do so :wub:

I don't know anything about anything in that article.

Danger Mouse is the DJ/Producer behind Gnarls Barkley, one of the Gorillaz albums, and is responsible for creating the Beatles/Jay Z Mash Up Cd know as the Grey Album.