Champions League

pigeon

He shouldn't be England captain for carrying Liverpool. The England captain should be picked based on England performances, which is why I think Beckham deserves the armband.

you have to remember he is still delivering dangerous, potentially career-ending tackles. As long as he has that type of tackle in his mindset, he shouldn't be anywhere near an armband of any kind.

Since he became Liverpool captain, he has been booked just once, and it was for dissent. He has matured as a player and a person.

I personally don't care if he gets the England captaincy or not, as I don't support them, but I do think he's going to have a storming Euro 2004. Despite being played out of position.

Edited by pigeon

The problem is the dangerous tackles are still a part of his game. He has managed to get away with half a dozen or so this season - without cards. I remember watching them on The Premiership and The Premiership on Monday and hearing the pundits say that sooner or later he WILL end someone's career.

He's just too reckless for my liking.

The problem is the dangerous tackles are still a part of his game. He has managed to get away with half a dozen or so this season - without cards. I remember watching them on The Premiership and The Premiership on Monday and hearing the pundits say that sooner or later he WILL end someone's career.

He's just too reckless for my liking.

He nearly ended Gary Naysmith's chances of having kids, which is no bad thing. One Naysmith is too many.

Hopefully we'll get Mexes and Cisse, along with a few of Houllier's 'They played well for a couple of games so they must be great' buys (read: Diouf, Biscan etc). Next season, I think Liverpool will do a bit better, but we're still not top 2 material.

I'm staying up late tonight and watching the Newcastle v Liverpool game live tonight. Lets go Reds!!!