The Boondocks

Riceman 4K

I'm particularly fond of The Passion of Reverend Ruckus and the episode with the art teacher.

The Passion of Ruckus is really, really well-done. The sequence with "I Believe In It" by Isabelle Antena (according to Wiki) is just very strong in general.

The Passion of Ruckus is really, really well-done. The sequence with "I Believe In It" by Isabelle Antena (according to Wiki) is just very strong in general.

If it were not for that moment, I would have written this show off completely. After that, I caught "Guess Hoe's Coming To Dinner", which has an ending that sums the show up perfectly.

As a comedy, the show is hit-and-miss, with the good moments usually being damn funny. Where the show really shines is the only-slightly-over-the-top reality of it.

If it were not for that moment, I would have written this show off completely. After that, I caught "Guess Hoe's Coming To Dinner", which has an ending that sums the show up perfectly.

As a comedy, the show is hit-and-miss, with the good moments usually being damn funny. Where the show really shines is the only-slightly-over-the-top reality of it.

I can agree with that. And with "Guess Hoe's Coming to Dinner," I didn't find the episode itself to be funny at all (except for whats-her-face playing video games with Riley), but I loved how they played Granddad's reaction to learning that she was a prostitute, with her bemusedly sincere "thank you for trying to 'save' me" line in response having an absolutely perfect delivery.

And I will give Regina King, an actress who I'm not the biggest fan of outside of her performance in Ray, all the credit in the world for getting Riley's voice down immediately and really growing into Huey's voice as the season progressed to the point where it was practically exactly how I always imagined it.

I'd say the two episodes that really got the humor dead-on perfect were "Granddad's Fight" and "Let's Nab Oprah." Aside from those, it's the more serious moments that really make the show for me, be it the music sequence from "The Passion of Ruckus" or Huey's monologue about Christmas miracles in "A Huey Freeman Christmas" that really make the show something special and for me the highlight of Adult Swim (though Dethklok is now a strong second).

And I will give Regina King, an actress who I'm not the biggest fan of outside of her performance in Ray, all the credit in the world for getting Riley's voice down immediately and really growing into Huey's voice as the season progressed to the point where it was practically exactly how I always imagined it.

I'd say the two episodes that really got the humor dead-on perfect were "Granddad's Fight" and "Let's Nab Oprah." Aside from those, it's the more serious moments that really make the show for me, be it the music sequence from "The Passion of Ruckus" or Huey's monologue about Christmas miracles in "A Huey Freeman Christmas" that really make the show something special and for me the highlight of Adult Swim (though Dethklok is now a strong second).

What I'm about to say is going to give everyone proof of why I'll never get laid.

When I saw it was Regina King voicing Huey and Riley, I was surprised similarly to how I was taken aback when I learned it was E.G. Daily that voiced Tommy Pickles.

"Let's Nab Oprah" has one of the best exchanges I've heard on television (let alone animated shows) when Riley uses political reasons to discredit Huey's disallowance of visiting Ed.