Woohoo! Snakes on a Plane

Guest clintcasey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

I can't believe theres anyone who even thought this was a bad movie, even without the internet cult status its actually a really good film, I mean if you're not entertained from start to finish you should probably go home and read the bible.

The only change I would of liked to have seen, was BA Baracus playing the snake expert and getting picked up in that black van and saying how he aint getting on no plane. I'd also like to see Jake Roberts holding the pincers at the end when the plane lands.

All in all, its was fantastic, quality movie.

Samual L Jackson ends up shooting the cockpit door on the plane because it was infested with snakes while everyone held on /strapped on and when you shoot a gun off on a plane the windows implode so a big huge opening on the plane and all the snakes ended up flying out while everyone held on.

Samual L Jackson ends up shooting the cockpit door on the plane because it was infested with snakes while everyone held on /strapped on and when you shoot a gun off on a plane the windows implode so a big huge opening on the plane and all the snakes ended up flying out while everyone held on.

So they showed the ending in the trailer and also used something proved untrue by the Mythbusters. Nice.

What the fuck? Someone wasn't watching properly...

He actually shot one window out, which then caused a gaping hole. They opened the cockpit door by, y'know, opening it.

But yeah, I really liked the movie. Sure, some parts were like "they would've seen that coming" or such like, but just go in looking for a decent movie and you'll have fun. Me and my friend both went to see this and Miami Vice together. He said he preferred Miami Vice, but I preferred SoaP to be honest, as I just had more fun watching it.

It reminded me of Air Force One, except this really doesn't take itself as seriously, because the situation is so over-the-top and as somebody mentioned, it's camp-tacular. And there's less terrorists and more snakes, obviously.

I'd give it 7/10.

There are more Asians with incredible martial arts skills too.

Always a plus.

bwahaha, that was an awesome movie. There were only 16 in the theatre (kinda poor considering it was the opening day, but it was 4PM so I guess a lot of people would have been at work/going home from school) and 12 were from our group, with 2 other couples (one of which were having rampant sex at the front of the theatre :pervert:). Some awesome things:

-Snake biting tit

-Snake biting balls

-Guy throwing dog at snake (we all cracked up at that, funniest thing in the movie)

-"Motherfucking snakes on the motherfucking plane". It was as if the entire movie had been building up to that point, we all shouted it out when he said it. THAT was the climax of the movie for sure.

-Microwaving the snake

-Whipping the snake on the steps

-Kenan

EDIT: Also, when the lights went out, the guy who yelled "It was the Snakes!" Fucking awesome.

Edited by Zaz

Saw it tonight, really enjoyable film. Thing is, if they made it into a serious film like they were intending to, I doubt it would of been as good. It had all the great action movie bits (guy falling in love on plane, evil guy getting his etc) but felt it could of done with a few more corny lines towards the start of the film.

Loved "It was the snakes!" when the lights went out. Seeing the stuard's girlfriend at the end was great too.

I just got home from seeing SOAP, and I must say it's the best movie I've ever seen in my entire life, bar none. Mudda's right, even without the internet cult it still would've been fan-fucking-tastic, it was literally entertaining from the second they got onto that plane. I jumped a few times, towards the beginning, as I wasn't prepared for the violence and snake attacks to be so... well, detailed and gruesome. They were fucking gory.

Some favourite bits of mine included...

The first snake attack on the shagging couple, including the snake bite to the nipple. Fucking hardcore.

"Get this snake off my fucking dick!"

Everything Kenan Thompson's character did.

Everything that girl from Clueless' character did.

The dog getting thrown to the anaconda by the British asshole. Poor fucking thing.

The dawning realisation that like, everybody who got less than 3 lines of dialogue, plus quite a lot that did, was going to die horribly.

The ridiculously overblown snake expert's doom prediction "we've got 2 hours to mobilise... an army!" and then his horror at Middle Eastern snakes and no antivenom.

"WE NEED TO BUILD A BARRIER BETWEEN US AND THE SNAKES!"

The hot air stewardess/plucky witness love story.

Paranoid honeymoon couple dying. Aww, they were cute.

'The line' from SLJ. The bizarre thing was that it was totally out of nowhere. If anything, things were far better than they'd been 10 minutes ago when he was pretty calm, so for him to suddenly explode was a bit odd, but everybody in the theatre clapped and stuff when he did, yay.

Snake-vision.

My friend Bryony, upon seeing SLJ's partner's throbbing, veiny chest wound, wondering if a snake would burst through his chest a la Alien.

"Oh great... snakes on crack."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest muddatrucker

Just found out Rachel Blanchard is in this. That may just be the motivation needed for me to actually go and see this piece of shit. :shifty:

If you haven't seen it, how do you know it's a piece of shit?