Mortal Kombat: Armeggedon

Guest clintcasey

A number of people have run BR ideas. I ONLY tend to get arsey if it's RP-based (which it never has been outside of mine).

It'd be hypocritical of me to try and own ALL BR concepts as I stole it from Zan's Dome diary but made it RP-based.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clintcasey

No problem, the more the marrier. I'm still thinking about how functional I want Kombat to be.

Right now I'm thinking about making sort of like a game of Rock Paper Sizors where the best out of three rounds wins. The diffrence is that instead of Rock Paper and Sizors we have 3 different offensive stratagies, Brawling, Arial Combat, and Special moves. Brawling is the same is Rock, Arial Combat is the same as Paper, and Special is the same as sizors.

For example let say Player A is Scorpion, and gets to engage someone in Mortal Kombat for that day. So the first thing I'll do is I'll send Player A a PM telling him that he gets to engage someone in Kombat. They then have 24 hours to send me another IM back telling me what player they wish to go after, and weither or not they intend to kill their opponet after they beat them. This is important.

If they do not reply within 24 hours they lose their fight.

When Player A does reply though he'll need to tell me his Target by their EWB IDs in this Case its Player B whose playing Sub-Zero. In addition to that Player A will also tell me his choices for Round 1, 2, and 3.

At this point I'll IM Player B and he'll have 24 hours to reply back to me with his choices for each round, Also since Player B has disadvantage against Player A, Player B also gets the luxury of knowing what "Character" has challenged them (not their IDs or whose playing them though). If Player B does not reply within 24 hours he automaticly looses. When he does reply though he'll need to send his stratagy for what he plans to do during round 1, 2, and 3 and weither or not he wants to kill his opponet.

The results of each Kombat will be posted on the board as an update.

In the end, as you can see, its possible for Player A to be killed by Player B or vice versa, and its even possible that Player A and B could come to a draw.

When you win and you choose to kill your opponet he dies, and his identity gets revealed to everyone.

When you beat your opponet but choose to spare them though, they go on living, their identies ARE NOT revealed to everyone, but they are revealed to the winner, and the winner can choose to tell anyone they want. Although it would be most unwize to reveal it on the boards though because then you'll just give yourself away.

In the event of a draw though both combatants will live, but their identities will be revealed to one another but no one else.

In addition to all of this, certain characters have special abilities that can pass from one fighter to another, but the only way to take the ability for yourself is to beat your opponet in Mortal Kombat. Also some characters can only die by being killed in Mortal Kombat.

That said I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas...

You do realise this is Mafia right?

Just have everyone have different roles. Some can kill some can save some can block.

Essentially doing it the way you want to sounds to complicated.

Power-absorption sounds interesting though, especially if there are a lot of sign-ups.

With what's quite a new concept it's probably best to keep it simple or things could go very wrong. The Kombat format you're suggesting sounds good though.

You do realise this is Mafia right?

Just have everyone have different roles. Some can kill some can save some can block.

Essentially doing it the way you want to sounds to complicated.

You do realise this is his game, right? He runs it the way he wants :P

Guest clintcasey

Well its basicly just Rock Paper Scizors with time constraints to keep the game moving faster...

The explanation was just thural enough to show all the little details.

Edited by clintcasey

Guest clintcasey

Eh, I'm a Computer Science Major. We're not supposed to know how to spell!

Anyhow I can't picture Mortal Kombat without KOMBAT! So it must exist in some form :P. Thats the only reason for having it realy.

As for Judge's question, in most situations your probably not going to know what character the person your attacking is. He could be a character who is supposed to die for you to achieve your ending and in the case of a few characters, he could even be an Ally that you don't know about and having him live to see the end of the game could be one of your secoundary objectives which will give you more points when the game is over. Chances are when you start the game your going to know who some of your Allys are, but I never said you'd know who ALL your allys are.

For instance lets say you get randomly drawn to play Cyrax, whose a member of Outer World Investigation Agency along with Sonya, Jax, ect. Well one of the new members of the OWIA is Kenshi who was sent on his first mission by the group to go into Outworld and find you during Deadly Alliance. Instead of going off to find you though he runs off to fight Shang Tsung to get revenge for his accestors' souls. As a result your character never met Kenshi and dosn't know that he's actualy an ally. But one of your side objectives is that every member of OWIA lives to see the end of the game. So if you unintentialy kill Kenshi you fail that objective, not only for yourself, but possibly for your whole team.

Heres a more practicle example though. Lets say one of your Allies has a trait that can be passed from one person to another by beating them threw Kombat. But he hasn't been active which causes him to not make use of his trait. So you decide it'd be better for your team as a whole if you take the trait for yourself and actualy put it to use.

Hmmm ... maybe it could be structured so that a player chooses another player to challenge. You then calculate the result and the winner is informed of the loser's role. He can then choose whether to finish him, and take whatever power you suspect he has; or release him?

That's not really a solution for who initiates combat, or when.

Guest clintcasey

Glad to have you, lets see, right now we have enough to fill about 1/4 of the game roster, which is decent but I'd like to at least fill 1/3 or 1/2. Either way I'll probably end sign-ups soon, in the next couple of days and start the game.

Guest clintcasey

Hmmm ... maybe it could be structured so that a player chooses another player to challenge. You then calculate the result and the winner is informed of the loser's role. He can then choose whether to finish him, and take whatever power you suspect he has; or release him?

That's not really a solution for who initiates combat, or when.