Mortal Kombat: Armeggedon

Guest clintcasey

Guest clintcasey

Welcome to Mortal Kombat Armageddon: Mafia

I want to get as much of the roster filled up as I possibly can and seeing as how there are more than 60 characters in this next game, thats a lot of positions. What ever character you end up with will be randomly determined when the game begins, however in the unlikely event that enough people sign up that every character is taken I am willing to allow a few Kreate a Karacter. All characters will have their own specific abilities unique to them.

There will be very few friends in this Mafia as well, the largest functioning Teams in Armageddon's might consist of as many as ten people, but most characters going into Armageddon have their own Agendas.

Don't let the numbers that I'm allowing into the game dissuade you from joining however, this game is going to have a very high casualty rate and even with as many as 60 players the game will likely be over in 2 weeks or less.

In addition to daily lynchings a number of players, to be determined later, will be chosen at random every day to have the option of engaging another player of their choice in Kombat which will be explained in greater detail below. Some characters may also have armies under their command that can be used to defend themselves or attack others.

Also rather than there be a set number of survivors needed to obtain final victory each character will have his own set of goals that are individual to them. Some Goals will be Winning Conditions, and others will there for extra points and will effect your ending. Once someone has completed all their winning conditions the game ends, the points are added up, and whoever has the most points at the end is declared the overall winner.

Being the overall winner though is really just for fun though. All characters, including those that don't win will have an ending.

Participants:

1. JonDude

2. Jack_Attack

3. Dragon Joneslex

4. Hajjhowe

5. TheEvilOverlordVersion1.0

6. Essa

7. Just Ace

8. Burninating Pesci

9. Xero Gravity

10. Phobia

11. MR. LCS

12. Mr. NGXLIII

13. The Judge

14. Little Bo Peep

Edited by clintcasey

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, at least spell Armageddon right in the title of the topic. And I dont like the constant Mafia diaries happening, so I don't think I'll join. And it'll be weird if this finishes and goes to the Archieves, there'll be 2 diaries with the same name.

Also, a while ago I pm'ed CSAMH asking for the "EWB rights" to the Mortal Kombat name. And he never replied, and I wasnt added, so I guess anyone can do an MK diary then.

Edited by Rashid

Guest clintcasey

Dude, at least spell Armageddon right in the title of the topic. And I dont like the constant Mafia diaries happening, so I don't think I'll join. And it'll be weird if this finishes and goes to the Archieves, there'll be 2 diaries with the same name.

Also, a while ago I pm'ed CSAMH asking for the "EWB rights" to the Mortal Kombat name. And he never replied, and I wasnt added, so I guess anyone can do an MK diary then.

NO CLINTCASEY! THIS ISN'T ABOUT FUN! THIS IS ABOUT OOCPYRIGHTING CONCEPTS AND FORCING OTHER PEOPLE TO HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THEM!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to start my Prisoners Of Battle World Zombie Dead Pirate Snake Park Mafia.

Yeah well Lui Kang's moves were the easiest to remember. I went from MK 2-4 without once having to memorise anything other than forward forward (HK/HP/LP)

The concept of "Copyrighting" is starting to be stupid.

No, you can't copyright a game - you can copyright a concept.

Whoever it is that actually owns the Mortal Kombat copyright wouldn't be too happy with you.

This is how it works:

If it's a geneneral concept, the person can take the name (like "Crime Lord" or "Pirates!" or "Sports Throwback"). This means other people can do similar stuff but can't use the name and if their concept of use is exactly the same as something someone has done, then they should ask the person. For example, if someone wanted to run a crime diary called "Lord of Crime" and had a map and three gangs people could join to roleplay and carry out crimes then it's VERY close to my game and they should ask me.

For an actual brand (like Battle Royale, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Jurassic Park) then that person can only 'own' the rights to exactly what it is. So for example, someone could do (and have done) computer game character Battle Royales (as it's not RPing board members in a BR setting) also someone could run a multiplayer Tekken-style game as Benji 'owns' the Cube right to an individually written Tekken diary. He may let someone else do it but it's polite to ask him first.

As far as Mortal Kombat goes you DON'T own Mortal Kombat (It's Akklaim! That's who it is!) but if someone wanted to run a multiplayer Mortal Kombat RP diary then they should ask you first (you can say no and then it's bad form if they carry through with it). Doing a Mortal Kombat diary as a whole is very different. A MK Mafia isn't really a problem...

I wasnt trying to shut down this diary, I have nothing against it. And I just wasn't fully aware of how this "EWB rights" worked, so thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that no one was allowed to make a diary with the idea of Jurassic Park or Battle Royale.

And Midway owns Mortal Kombat, not Acclaim. Is Acclaim even still around?

Edited by Rashid