A Matter of Life and Death

gunnar hendershow

So the new Iron Maiden has found its way to the internet. To those who are listening to it in order to ease the anticipation of its actual release (we when we all buy it), what do you think?

I think it's great, as good if not better than Dance of Death. Unfortunately, you can really tell that Bruce's voice is starting to go now. But the instrumentals are just awesome. And a bad Bruce > 95% of vocalists out there anyway.

I tried to resist downloading this. Sadly, I'm broke right now and no one will lend me the cash. So instead of waiting months and months before I even have a penny to my name, I bit the bullet and downloaded it. At least this way, I don't have to go through the process of transferring it onto my computer like I did with the rest of my collection.

...and as always, the cover art fucking rocks.

Edited by Xero Gravity

I bought it yesterday and, on first play, I feel underwhelmed. Although, I'm really digging "The Legacy". I'll reserve further judgement until I'm more used to the songs, if you know what I mean (ha, random Waylan Mercy nostalgia. Anyone remember him? lol).

I'm guessing the album will grow on me but, imo, it' not as good as DoD or BNW, but better than some of the later Bruce albums from the original stint.

why would you buy something you've already downloaded?

Maybe to support the band and because he likes to have the booklet which more than likely compliments the music?

Record labels go off of sales and if there is a band I really like I'll download the album, see if it's up to my standards to buy it, and if so... I will fully support the band and buy the album. It's fine and dandy to say you go to shows to support a band but at the end of the day record labels help keep bands running and without a label alot of bands just seem to fall apart nowadays.

Guest Preston

Maybe to support the band and because he likes to have the booklet which more than likely compliments the music?

Record labels go off of sales and if there is a band I really like I'll download the album, see if it's up to my standards to buy it, and if so... I will fully support the band and buy the album. It's fine and dandy to say you go to shows to support a band but at the end of the day record labels help keep bands running and without a label alot of bands just seem to fall apart nowadays.

it makes sense when you explain it like that but its just like paying for your food after you've finished and left the restaurant and are back at home kinda thing, but ok.

Are you saying you don't pay for food at restaurants? :blink: