Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

But as said, Jim Bowden has done a piss poor job all year. Now, if that is going to change and especially to knock off a top 10 team in the country, something needs to change in a hurry. Don't you agree?

I'd like to know who Jim Bowden is. That alone discounts any argument you have for or against the said team in question...

Shit. I got the name mixed up. My bad.

1. Ohio State .977

2. Michigan .974

3. USC .870

4. Florida .850

5. Notre Dame .819

6. Rutgers .787

7. Arkansas .757

OSU/UM have a sizeable lead with the game next week being their last. USC plays a dangerous call team and then ND, so one of those teams go down. Florida has looked vunerable all season so they may have trouble. Arkansas plays in a tough SEC and still have to survive the championship game. Rutgers just needs to get by WVU (#8) to have an outside chance.

Tennessee has now dropped 2 in a row, and now I'm wondering who the Vols' head coach will be in 2008 if they don't have a winning season and finish first or second in the SEC East next year. Last year Randy Sanders was blamed for the Vols stinking, but this year they've been beat more due to injuries and being outplayed. Fortunately the rest of the season should be cake.

We're going to have an undefeated Rutgers, a one loss Arkansas, and a one loss Mich team when the dust settles. A possible wild-card, would be a one loss ACC champion WF (I already know, so don't say it .... I'm doing this for argument's sake).

Of those teams ..... Arkansas or Rutgers deserves to play for the National Title. No more of this 'non conference winning teams' playing for the national title. If Michigan loses, the DO NOT deserve to be in the National Title game. Period. If you don't win your conference, how the FUCK can you say you deserve a shot at winning the National Title ? YOU DON'T ! Especially when there will be an undefeated conference champion, AND a one loss conference champion that had to survive a conference title game.

Again, I post questions.

Anyone else think that KSU has a better freshman QB than Texas ?

Are people really thinking that USC's loss to OrgSU means something other than the fact that three teams will be disappointed when it all settles and they are Pac10 champs .... again ?

Why do people have faith in Cal ? Or Org ? Or Ucla ? Or anyone NOT USC in the Pac10 ?

So any of thos Cal fans wanna answer me now ? Didn't think so.

Am I the only one taking Rutgers in the 3 team unbeaten race in the Big East ?

How will the BCS fuck up this year ?

Does anyone realise that Arizona's two "big" wins shouldn't be such surprises ? I mean, it is MIKE STOOPS down there coaching.

Am I the only person that (despite their recent one point screw ups) feels A&M can beat Texas this year ?

Thoughts:

If a 30-0 loss to WAKE FOREST (a team they've never lost too) at home doesn't send the message to Bobby to get Jeff the FUCK OUT OF THE HEADSET CALLING PLAYS, then what the hell will ?

People shouldn't write off Georgia ..... For next year I mean. Richt is a damned good coach, and the talent will be there. Anomolies happen people, this year was one for UGA.

The more Tennessee impresses me, the more they continue to be the same 'ol TU. Flop city. I'll never figure them out.

I'm entertained, and am surprised at how good the games are in Conference USA. Seriously.

The WAC should be disbanded and be broken up among the Pac-10, Mountain West, and SEC. (Think about that .... it's one of the reasons it should be disbanded.)

Of those teams ..... Arkansas or Rutgers deserves to play for the National Title. No more of this 'non conference winning teams' playing for the national title. If Michigan loses, the DO NOT deserve to be in the National Title game. Period. If you don't win your conference, how the FUCK can you say you deserve a shot at winning the National Title ? YOU DON'T !

Simple. If you aren't the best in your conference, then how can you be the best in the Nation ? Besides, what is the point of conferences ? They're regional breakdowns. If you can't even be the best in your region, then how can you say you should be considered for best in the nation ?

Case in point. Oklahoma. They weren't, and they clearly weren't.

Besides, what does Mich/OSU two prove ? They'd be playing themselves for the National Title. Who says they're better than Arkansas or (insert your BCS screwed them team of choice here) ? Fact is, is that OSU/Mich should not be the the National Title match-up UNLESS the only team with one loss is the loser of the game.

Besides, should UM lose, then they'll have lost to the #1 team in the nation and that's it. Should Arkansas finish as SEC champs, then they're only loss )would be to #4 (or better) USC who has played in the last 3 title games. I say Arkansas has a better argument. That, and the fact that UM has beaten ND and a very underrated Wisconsin team. Arkansas has beaten Auburn and Tennesse, and can add LSU and Florida to that by the time it's over. I say that Arkansas would have the better argument.

Unless of course Rutgers is undefeated ..... if so, then they should be in it. Period.

I will never understand the argument. Period.

Any conference anywhere could have the top 1, 2, 3, 4... 16th best teams in the nation, the only difference is they play each other in the season. OSU/UM may be (or may not be) the best two in the nation, so if OSU beats them or vice versa it just means that the other is #2, and the whole point of the BCS is to have the two best teams play each other, regardless.

Even though I want a OSU/UM II, just because I think it'd be crazy to play it again on a neutral field, if Rutgers goes undefeated, they earned their shot.

Edited by ACCBiggz