Official 2006 College Football Season Thread.

ROC

Um, do you have any evidence of this? They beat Louisville by 3 (and needed a Louisville penalty to get a second shot at said 3 points), then got stomped by Cincinatti of all teams. Their QB can't throw for shit and the only reason they're unbeaten is because they played nobodies up until Louisville, and they continue to play nobodies until they get WVU...and they just lost to a nobody.

The Big East is just not a big time football conference. Louisville beats West Virginia, LOUISVILLE IS GREAT THE BIG EAST IS BACK. Rutgers beats Louisville. The, Louisville loses to a 5-5 team? Average conference at best.

I'm still not convinced that Michigan isn't the 2nd best team in the country. Not in the least. Nice field in Columbus though.

Um, do you have any evidence of this? They beat Louisville by 3 (and needed a Louisville penalty to get a second shot at said 3 points), then got stomped by Cincinatti of all teams. Their QB can't throw for shit and the only reason they're unbeaten is because they played nobodies up until Louisville, and they continue to play nobodies until they get WVU...and they just lost to a nobody.
Edited by ACCBiggz

Bah, beat me to it Biggzy .... Also, it's not like Cincinnatti hasn't BEATEN a team of OSU's caliber in recent years. They don't suck by far.

Honestly, I think this situation with the National Title sucks as per reasons mentioned earlier in the thread. Hopefully the Arkansas/Florida winner can get strong enough in the computers to overtake Michigan. Even though the best possibility is USC, I'd rather see them than a Michigan rematch.

OSU and USC have been the most consistantly awsome teams since 2000 in my eyes, and finally seeing them go at it would be amazing.

I'm still pulling for Arkansas though.

Guest Reaperstang

I am a Wolverine fan and all season Michigan has been great. They are the only team to hang with OSU and as far as I have seen nobody else can hang with OSU. OSU will win the NC game no matter who they play. If UM plays them it could be interesting if we get a different style game with less scoring. USC will not hang with OSU I can see that being a 34 - 17 killing of USC. I just think Michigan is hands down the 2nd best team in the country and OSU is by far the best. Can anyone make a real argument against that?

Look at the teams Florida has played outside the conference, though.

Beating some podunk school that most people haven't heard of 62-0 or whatever shouldn't mean jack squat compared to other teams beating competitive teams by a decent score.

The BCS gives too much weight to scoring and not enough to strength of schedule if Florida is ranked as high as they are.

I should write a letter to the University of Tennessee suggesting they sign up a few schools ranked at the bottom of the division for the Vols to play against, if that kind of shit can get you ranked highly.

Bottom line is, the strength of schedule isn't considered enough; I think Oklahoma playing in the championship game instead of Auburn a couple years back proved that.

I wonder if there's a Boonies State or Sticks University out there somewhere.....

Boise State for National Title :shifty:

In all seriousness, the only chance Michigan has to be in the National Title game is if USC loses to Notre Dame and UCLA, Arkansas & Florida lose any games they have before their conference title game and Notre Dame only wins by like, 1 point. That said, I don't see a reason to have a rematch of an earlier game for the Natioanl Title, as it makes the previous game meaningless.

I think USC will beat both UCLA and Notre Dame soundly, but I'd like to see Arkansas make it if I had any choice. Also it seems as of now that Boise State would be facing Texas in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. Not the best match-up they could have drawn. It could be interesting if they faced the ACC team (Which has been a little weaker this year) or even a Louisville or West Virginia if only for the potential shoot-out.

In all seriousness, the only chance Michigan has to be in the National Title game is if USC loses to Notre Dame and UCLA, Arkansas & Florida lose any games they have before their conference title game and Notre Dame only wins by like, 1 point. That said, I don't see a reason to have a rematch of an earlier game for the Natioanl Title, as it makes the previous game meaningless.

USC loses, Michigan is in.

Florida needs to win just for good measure, and ND is out because of UM destroying them already.

That said, I don't see a reason to have a rematch of an earlier game for the Natioanl Title

Michigan would be the national champion. Would it be anti-climatic? Perhaps. But the fact remains you have to win the game ahead of you, no excuses. Sure you'd hear OSU fans cry fowl, but the fact would be that Michigan, in this case, won when it mattered on a neutral site. I don't care if they played before, if that is your basis for the national championship game then you are not putting the two best teams in (if USC loses). Then you are re-writing the qualifications for the championship game. It's to put the two top teams in, and in this scenario if USC loses then UM is the 2nd best team, and they should not be punished for it. The winner of that game is the true national champion, to me. OSU/UM would have 50 days to prepare for the game, get healthy, devise a new gameplan, etc, etc. The fans would cry fowl, but my point is saying that they would be the two best teams, therefore that should be the game, regardless.

Edit: Halftime - ND 10 - 21 USC. USC had a couple turnovers, but Notre Dame could not capitalize. Quinn has made a lot of poor decisions, and Carroll's defense has forced him into those. 2nd half adjustments will determine the game.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Drew Weatherford is the worse than Chris Ricks. Honeslty the SOB can't throw a football to save his life.

USC and OSU will be a good game. ND vs Michigan will be a good game. Personally, Boise State is getting screwed. They are undefeated. I don't give a fuck what their schedule is. They went undefeated. They should atleast be ranked in the top 5.

Drew Weatherford is the worse than Chris Ricks. Honeslty the SOB can't throw a football to save his life.

USC and OSU will be a good game. ND vs Michigan will be a good game. Personally, Boise State is getting screwed. They are undefeated. I don't give a fuck what their schedule is. They went undefeated. They should atleast be ranked in the top 5.