Brushfire Records

Benji

So I was perusing Jack Johnsons Wikipedia profile and discovered he has his own record label. Of course, in an inquisitive manner I checked out the bands associated with the label and have discovered some music perhaps even more chilled out and relaxing than Jack's himself.

The first is G. Love & Special Sauce, a sort of relaxed him-hop with acoustic stylings, and the second is Matt Costa, who isn't much more than your basic singer-songwriter, but I figured I'd offer up both to people.

Anyone heard of either before? You enjoy them? Suggestions for similar artists to G. Love?

I think I've heard of Matt Costa, as it may or may not have been him who worked with Johnson in the past, and was trying to break out on his own.

But I'm not 100% sure it is him.

I've heard of the record label though.

He's not worked with him in the sense of being in his backing group or whatever, but he did work with him on "Lullaby" which was on the Curious George soundtrack.

Must be some other bloke then, as I read an interview with someone saying they'd worked with Johnson, released his solo album which was too much like what Johnson did really to break him out, so he either left Brushfire to do his second album, or just decided to mix it up in general.

Just didn't catch/remember his name.

Must be some other bloke then, as I read an interview with someone saying they'd worked with Johnson, released his solo album which was too much like what Johnson did really to break him out, so he either left Brushfire to do his second album, or just decided to mix it up in general.

Just didn't catch/remember his name.

Definately not Costa, Costa released an EP that got attention, then independently released his album before Brishfire picked him up, remixed it and reissued it.

Guest This is classic Ringy

I've heard some of G. Love and Special Sauce's stuff, it was pretty good, then I saw them live this past weekend and it was great so I'll definately check out more of their stuff.

Edited by This is classic Ringy

I've heard some of G. Love and Special Sauce's stuff, it was pretty good, then I saw them live this past weekend and it was great so I'll definately check out more of their stuff.

Told you that you should've taken me! Did Jewgirl go?

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

Yes she did. She had more fun than I did too >_>

I'm questioning whether Jewgirl got laid by the audience or most the performing artists now.

I'm questioning whether Jewgirl got laid by the audience or most the performing artists now.

She's just much more of a "let's stand around while it's raining to death and watch people up on a stage" person.

You're a shit festival go'er if you can't stand rain.

On the plus side, Jewgirl bought me all sorts of band shirts that I'm never gonna wear :shifty:

Are they 'not' going to be on her bedroom floor any time soon or are you still not banging her?

On the plus side, Jewgirl bought me all sorts of band shirts that I'm never gonna wear :shifty:

Are they 'not' going to be on her bedroom floor any time soon or are you still not banging her?

Well she's away for the next week or so, but no, we're taking things old school. So old school in fact, that's he not even my girlfriend yet :shifty:

Poor Ringo, I feel your pain.

You filthy failure.

:shifty:

The best part is that Jewgirl's away because her brother is dying and I'm like "die already", making me a horrible, horrible person :shifty:

On the plus side when she comes here, she'll be all sad and I shall console her.

Guest Mr. Brian Steadman

I know of G. Love & Special Sauce, my friend's been into them for about a year now so I've heard some of the stuff. Pretty good.