Movie Hunting

Momo

I quite enjoyed Vampire Hunter D. Could anyone recommend me some similar anime to check out?

I wouldn't say its similar but anime in general I'd recommend 'Bleach' to anybody. Its great fun to watch, good storys, good animation and pretty funny sometimes. Although as far as i'm aware it only comes with subtitles.

I personally would only recommend Bleach to fans of Dragon Ball and the like (yes, that includes Narutards). It's got a lot of parallels in terms of style (including the very very very slow pacing ¬_¬).

If you can download anime torrents, go for Blood+. It's a new 52 episode series spin-off from the 'Blood: The Last Vampire' movie that is still midway through being aired in Japan, and is of excellent quality. If you can't download such things, at least give the Blood movie a look to see if you like it.

Edited by stokeriño

I would disagree. Bleach may be very slow paced and the new Dragonball Z, but One Piece is insanely repetitive in the same migraine-inducing sense that the later episodes of Inu Yasha are (only with twice as many episodes, thus prolonging the pain).

That said, I don't know why I'm bothering to distinguish. To me it's like trying to choose between the CJD beef or the salmonella chicken.

Edited by stokeriño

See now, everybody creams themselves over his dub of Vash the Stampede but I don't see it. He *sometimes* breaks out during his performance and carries Vash well - usually during the more crazy moments - but these parts of very much intermittent and for most of the time he just failed to get it. Not an ear-cringing dub, but mediocre at best.

Plus his dub of Claus in Last Exile was atrocious. But then of course, every dubbed voice in Last Exile was atrocious.

Edited by stokeriño

I would disagree. Bleach may be very slow paced and the new Dragonball Z, but One Piece is insanely repetitive in the same migraine-inducing sense that the later episodes of Inu Yasha are (only with twice as many episodes, thus prolonging the pain).

That said, I don't know why I'm bothering to distinguish. To me it's like trying to choose between the CJD beef or the salmonella chicken.

See now, everybody creams themselves over his dub of Vash the Stampede but I don't see it. He *sometimes* breaks out during his performance and carries Vash well - usually during the more crazy moments - but these parts of very much intermittent and for most of the time he just failed to get it. Not an ear-cringing dub, but mediocre at best.

Plus his dub of Claus in Last Exile was atrocious. But then of course, every dubbed voice in Last Exile was atrocious.

I just like his voice. I've seen everything he's done except Last Exile.. and I've only seen those others (Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin et al) because of him anyway :ohwell: