Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One

Guest Ringmaster

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hooked.

Perry is going to get an Emmy nomination and thats on the strength of one episode.

I was following it in the UK for months, and was delighted to be here in the US to see the first episode (will see the 2nd one also). and I really look forward to C4/E4 or Sky picking this up. Thats where the show will justify its cost - in syndication.

It was a great premiere that was funny, fun, smart, witty. and just plain greatly acted. It is the best thing I have seen this season so far by a huge margin.

As for the numbers, I do believe that Sorkin has deals in place whenever he creates a show that forces the network to keep it on the air for a full season regardless. It doesn't mean they can't move it around the schedule willy nilly, but I don't think they can cancel it. This show should have remained on Thursdays at 9est 8cst as NBC had originally planned however. Aside from CSI that is a weak are in terms of competition on all the other networks, plus it would have created a damn near perfect night of TV for NBC from Earl. The Office, Studio 60, and into ER.

It was a great premiere that was funny, fun, smart, witty. and just plain greatly acted. It is the best thing I have seen this season so far by a huge margin.

As for the numbers, I do believe that Sorkin has deals in place whenever he creates a show that forces the network to keep it on the air for a full season regardless. It doesn't mean they can't move it around the schedule willy nilly, but I don't think they can cancel it. This show should have remained on Thursdays at 9est 8cst as NBC had originally planned however. Aside from CSI that is a weak are in terms of competition on all the other networks, plus it would have created a damn near perfect night of TV for NBC from Earl. The Office, Studio 60, and into ER.

As for the numbers, I do believe that Sorkin has deals in place whenever he creates a show that forces the network to keep it on the air for a full season regardless. It doesn't mean they can't move it around the schedule willy nilly, but I don't think they can cancel it.

Guest The Ringy Complex

So now that Monday has passed, I can spoil everything :shifty:

But yeah, this show was better than the pilot for me. Top notch awesomeness. This show is really like Sports Night but a lot more subtle, which makes it that much better.

And "We are the very model of a modern network TV show"? Awesome.

The second episode definitely kicked ass, and led me to assume that this show probably will end up the best new series this year. As awesome as The Black Donnellys' pilot was, I don't see them following it up with this much awesomeness.

Not very often do you find an almost perfect hour of a show, let alone absolutely perfect. Now I don't want to say this episode was in fact perfect simply because if they top it, and i think they will, I'll look kinda stupid, but it was damn close. Way better than the pilot, and the pilot was greater than most TV shows I've seen in years.

I love this how to high heaven.

Guest The Ringy Complex

Without spoiling anything for the rest of you non Canadians, this week was good but not as good as last week. Still a fun watch with some cool stuff, if not a bit cheesy for my tastes.