The Official "Heroes" Topic

Mick

This week's episode was very predictable and anti-climatic. It was still decent, but meh... left a lot to be desired. Next season seems it could be good, but the killing of Nathan makes no sense. #1: Peter can fly too... why not fly your own self. #2: Claire can shoot him and put him down and then he can learn to control himself in a place like Ted was in, in Texas. #3: Nathan could fly him up and then drop him before he exploded. #4: Instead of putting him down for a bit, let's fly up in the sky and pollute NYC/Air with radiation instead... MAKES SENSE!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright for a season finale, the only problem was that it maybe needed an extra half-hour to get everything down. I'm not complaining, but there was a bit they could have done to make it just a tad special. Explaining the power that Simone's father and Mama Petrelli had, for instance.

Sucks that Nathan died...hopefully he'll be back...I don't know how. Maybe Hiro might save the day again. Logically, I suppose Hiro could take Peter to somewhere where a nuclear explosion didn't seem likely, like Trinity or maybe Tunguska (an event where there was a nuclear-type explosion in 1908, most likely it was a smaller celestial body entering the atmosphere). I'd just hate to see Nathan off the show.

Good cliffhanger, though, and I'm not talking about with Hiro. The blood trail leading to the sewers. Sylar's not gone.

And I'm interested to see just exactly who it is that is worse than "The boogeyman". Great Khali? :shifty: Just a wait until August/September to find out. :(

Edited by Wikipedia

What cheese at the end of the episode. The dialog between Peter and Nathan was horrible. I would of rathered Nathan came down all evil or even if Nathan came down and tried to calm Peter down instead.

Shoot Peter in the head, bring him back to life at a later date and no one dies(except Peter, but that is the point).

Also love that Sylar still lives. Awesome. He now knows that he can die and therefore might come back with a better and more evil attitude.

Hiro I think was in front of a battle between some people and his japanesse hero, kenshi or something.

First dibs on it turning out that Hiro's..... well, hero Kensei turns out to be.... Hiro.

Well....read if you want to know the truth...

Kensei is played by George Takei.

Good cliffhanger, though, and I'm not talking about with Hiro. The blood trail leading to the sewers. Sylar's not gone.

I thought that he was actually the cockroach because you know, incase the bomb went off, cockroaches survive nuclear disaster theories?

No, I don't think he has that power....yet :shifty:

Right up until the end I thought the episode was pretty awesome. I can't wrap my head around the logic of Nathan sacrificing himself for seemingly no reason (there were other ways they could have dealt with it without anyone dying, as has already said). The way that they built up Peter as some sort of Christ-like figure seems to indicate that we haven't seen the last of those characters though. It was a cool tease to see the characters all working together, and hopefully we'll see more of that next season. I'm curious as to how they're going to balance the rest of the cast's adventures with Hiro's 1690's turn. Nonetheless, I'm definitely there next year.

Right up until the end I thought the episode was pretty awesome. I can't wrap my head around the logic of Nathan sacrificing himself for seemingly no reason (there were other ways they could have dealt with it without anyone dying, as has already said). The way that they built up Peter as some sort of Christ-like figure seems to indicate that we haven't seen the last of those characters though. It was a cool tease to see the characters all working together, and hopefully we'll see more of that next season. I'm curious as to how they're going to balance the rest of the cast's adventures with Hiro's 1690's turn. Nonetheless, I'm definitely there next year.

Well, see, the interesting thing is, we have no way of knowing that Nathan died. It could be possible, that given the height he had to take to avoid real disatrous results for New York (and most of the US, due to EMP), he dropped Peter, and zoomed away. The explosion wasn't that big, in terms of a nuclear explosion, so he could've gotten away, depending on how fast he flew.

I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the ending. I feel they could have made the "final battle" more memorable because it seemed no more epic than the previous Sylar/Peter meetings. When Nikki first stepped in, I was thinking alright, maybe we'll get to see some heroes teaming up with Hiro showing up at the end and taking out Sylar, but then the focus shifted to Peter and Nathan, which I didnt like, since, it didn't seem necessary for Nathan to sacrifice his life.

The episode set in the future I think overhyped the Peter/Sylar meeting and now we're going to have to wait for next season to(hopefully) see a balls to the wall fight. Im guessing we'll see Hiro move further towards the man he becomes in the future...in the past, only, with Ando alive, a little more character to go along with his (to quote Ando) badass side.

A great first season, which is eerily similar to certain comic books, but comes off with the style to make it all work. Look forward to the DVD set in August.

This week's episode was very predictable and anti-climatic. It was still decent, but meh... left a lot to be desired. Next season seems it could be good, but the killing of Nathan makes no sense. #1: Peter can fly too... why not fly your own self. #2: Claire can shoot him and put him down and then he can learn to control himself in a place like Ted was in, in Texas. #3: Nathan could fly him up and then drop him before he exploded. #4: Instead of putting him down for a bit, let's fly up in the sky and pollute NYC/Air with radiation instead... MAKES SENSE!

He did not lose control of "himself", he wasn't able to control that one power that he gained.

And as for "outside of the atmosphere", they aren't "super-human", in the terms of being able to live without oxygen and such [except maybe for the boy in the future epsiode who sucked the oxygen out of the class room, but then did he suck it into his own body?], and let's not mention the pressure changes. How are they supposed to survive with no oxygen?

Edited by ACCBiggz

He did not lose control of "himself", he wasn't able to control that one power that he gained.

And as for "outside of the atmosphere", they aren't "super-human", in the terms of being able to live without oxygen and such [except maybe for the boy in the future epsiode who sucked the oxygen out of the class room, but then did he suck it into his own body?], and let's not mention the pressure changes. How are they supposed to survive with no oxygen?

They survive because the script says so. :angry:

If Nathan is dead I will be shocked.

Also you all missed the point of Nathan doing what he did. He was in the middle the entire season, leaning towards becoming a villain at the end of the season. What he did here was the making of another hero. He redeemed himself. It's the journey the character was meant to take.

If Nathan is dead I will be shocked.

Also you all missed the point of Nathan doing what he did. He was in the middle the entire season, leaning towards becoming a villain at the end of the season. What he did here was the making of another hero. He redeemed himself. It's the journey the character was meant to take.

I have a good feeling that Nathan isn't dead. He seems to be able to fly really fast so I think he used himself to take Peter high up into the sky, launch him even higher and then fly off to somewhere else. I like the idea of Nathan trying to redeem himself to himself by being 'frying man' in some war torn country... or Nicaragua.