**Official X06 Topic**

Reddaye

Alright so most people probably know Microsoft is holding their big X06 show in Barcelona over the next few days (27th to 28th). Rumors have been flying around for a few days on things supposedly happening at the show, but since I figure they're all full of shit so I'll just get the ball rolling by throwing out the first swath of info...

First off is the official press release from MS, this is coming in about thirty minutes before the actual show begins, and if it's any indication of what's coming during the show then...wow...

• A landmark partnership between Academy Award-winning writer, director, and producer Peter Jackson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter Fran Walsh, and Microsoft Game Studios will create two new interactive entertainment series exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live®. The first will be a collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to co-create the next great chapter in the Halo® universe. The second will be an entirely original property targeted at bringing new audiences into the captivating world of interactive entertainment. In addition, Microsoft Game Studios will partner with Jackson and Walsh to establish Wingnut Interactive, a studio dedicated to the creation of world-class interactive entertainment.

• Halo® Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the Age of Empires® franchise.

• Rockstar and Take-Two will provide Xbox 360 gamers with exclusive access to two epic downloadable episodes of Grand Theft Auto IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of new gameplay content, and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title.

• Ubisoft confirmed that the next Splinter Cell title, the installment after Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Double Agent™, will be exclusive to Xbox 360, a testament to the ability of the powerful next-gen game console to deliver experiences no other console can match.

• 2K Games confirmed that BioShock, a first person shooter that will revolutionize the genre and forever change the expectations of gamers, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft® Windows® next spring.

• Project Gotham Racing® 4, was unveiled, the latest addition to the best-selling franchise, made exclusively for Xbox 360 by Bizarre Creations. PGR4 promises to continue the series' pedigree of innovation by introducing exciting new experiences to racing fans worldwide.

• The beloved Banjo-Kazooie® franchise will breathe new,

high-definition life exclusively on Xbox 360, from famed developer Rare Ltd. Beloved characters Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda—among other fan favorites—will new next-gen visuals and presentation as well as their sharp wit and hilarious sense of humor.

• Microsoft Game Studios will release its highly-anticipated new MMO

game, Marvel Universe Online for both Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista™ operating system. MUO was developed by industry luminaries Cryptic Studios, creators of the smash hits City of Heroes and City of Villains.

• Expect two new additions to Xbox Live Arcade: The FPS that pioneered

the network-gaming era, DOOM®, from acclaimed developer id Software and Activision, is available now on Xbox Live Marketplace. The game includes the original four-episode single-player game, four-player split screen action, both co-op and deathmatch, and four player co-op and deathmatch via Xbox Live. Coming soon to Xbox Live Arcade is Sensible World of Soccer from Codemasters. Based on a classic Amiga title from 1994, Sensible World of Soccer will let gamers choose between the original graphics or an updated, high-resolution look and feel—while still capturing the original game's wide world of football.

• Arriving at retailers in North America, the U.K, France and Germany

in mid-November 2006, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for

$199.99 in North America (estimated retail price)* and €199.99/£129.99 (estimated retail price)* in the U.K., France and Germany. The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote.

credit: http://www.majornelson.com/default.aspx

• A landmark partnership between Academy Award-winning writer, director, and producer Peter Jackson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter Fran Walsh, and Microsoft Game Studios will create two new interactive entertainment series exclusively for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live®. The first will be a collaborative effort with Bungie Studios to co-create the next great chapter in the Halo® universe. The second will be an entirely original property targeted at bringing new audiences into the captivating world of interactive entertainment. In addition, Microsoft Game Studios will partner with Jackson and Walsh to establish Wingnut Interactive, a studio dedicated to the creation of world-class interactive entertainment.

Sounds interesting, although I'm not really sure what it means :ohwell:

• Halo® Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the Age of Empires® franchise.

Halo Schmalo really, never got into it, and RTS games bore me. Next...

• Rockstar and Take-Two will provide Xbox 360 gamers with exclusive access to two epic downloadable episodes of Grand Theft Auto IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of new gameplay content, and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title.

Depending on how much extra play these provide, definite thumbs up. This is what Xbox live should be usd for, not just FPS multiplayer deathmatch shite.

• Ubisoft confirmed that the next Splinter Cell title, the installment after Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Double Agent™, will be exclusive to Xbox 360, a testament to the ability of the powerful next-gen game console to deliver experiences no other console can match.

One of my favourite series of games, Double agent looks awesome and I'm sure the Xbox exclusive title will be too.

• 2K Games confirmed that BioShock, a first person shooter that will revolutionize the genre and forever change the expectations of gamers, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft® Windows® next spring.

Holy Hyperbole overload captain! I'll reserve judgement on this.

• Project Gotham Racing® 4, was unveiled, the latest addition to the best-selling franchise, made exclusively for Xbox 360 by Bizarre Creations. PGR4 promises to continue the series' pedigree of innovation by introducing exciting new experiences to racing fans worldwide.

I like the scope of PGR3 and it's a fun game, but I'm not big on racing games so ho-hum news for me

• The beloved Banjo-Kazooie® franchise will breathe new,

high-definition life exclusively on Xbox 360, from famed developer Rare Ltd. Beloved characters Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda—among other fan favorites—will new next-gen visuals and presentation as well as their sharp wit and hilarious sense of humor.

Awesome! Banjo-Kazooie was ace on the N64, should be a good bit of lightweight relief from futuristic war based FPS's

• Microsoft Game Studios will release its highly-anticipated new MMO

game, Marvel Universe Online for both Xbox 360 and the Windows Vista™ operating system. MUO was developed by industry luminaries Cryptic Studios, creators of the smash hits City of Heroes and City of Villains.

Marvel + RPG + Online = good for me. A monthly subscription is probably gonna happen, hopefully it wont be extortionate

• Expect two new additions to Xbox Live Arcade: The FPS that pioneered

the network-gaming era, DOOM®, from acclaimed developer id Software and Activision, is available now on Xbox Live Marketplace. The game includes the original four-episode single-player game, four-player split screen action, both co-op and deathmatch, and four player co-op and deathmatch via Xbox Live. Coming soon to Xbox Live Arcade is Sensible World of Soccer from Codemasters. Based on a classic Amiga title from 1994, Sensible World of Soccer will let gamers choose between the original graphics or an updated, high-resolution look and feel—while still capturing the original game's wide world of football.

SWOS ate many hours of my childhood! good news, and doom is doom really.

• Arriving at retailers in North America, the U.K, France and Germany

in mid-November 2006, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player will retail for

$199.99 in North America (estimated retail price)* and €199.99/£129.99 (estimated retail price)* in the U.K., France and Germany. The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player comes with the Universal Pictures' blockbuster film Peter Jackson's "King Kong" on HD DVD (for a limited time) and the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote.

So?

- Rumors of Resident Evil 5 becoming exclusive to 360 (although it's been denied by Capcom so who knows?).

Also been rumored to be exclusive to the PS3, take both with a grain of salt.

- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men announced exclusive to 360

That's a pretty big deal, the game looks awesome and I thought it was supposed to be a multi-platform title, big steal there for MS.

And while Halo isn't something I cream my jeans over, the RTS game sounds intriguing. Shouldn't Bungee just change their name to Halo Studios though?

Edited by Zero

<quote>And while Halo isn't something I cream my jeans over, the RTS game sounds intriguing. Shouldn't Bungee just change their name to Halo Studios though?</quote>

Well to be fair Bungie isn't doing Halo Wars, and they're supposedly finished with the series after Halo 3.

I'd personally like to see them move onto new things. They're obviously talented even though I'm not much of a Halo fan.