Three Days Grace

Gene Kiniski

I liked the first album as it had a rock sound to it that has been lost over the last couple of years. I figured I'd pick up the latest album since the first was pretty good and all I have to say is - holy shit, I love it. It definately a quickly matured Three Days Grace and they have a pure rock sound that is slowly coming back around again and the potential to stay around.

What do you guys think?

I love 3 Days Grace. Actually went to see them a few weeks ago at a local fair, twas them, Staind, Crossfade, and Black Stone Cherry. 3 Days Grace was by far the best performance.

Love the new CD, too, and glad to hear they decided to release my favorite song on the album, "Pain", as the new single.

They're not reinventing the wheel, but at least they're decent at what they do. The new album is waaaaaaaaay better than the previous one as well, so that's a big plus. I'll take "Animal I've Become" and "Pain" over "I Hate Everything About You" and "Home" any fucking day of the week.

They're not reinventing the wheel, but at least they're decent at what they do. The new album is waaaaaaaaay better than the previous one as well, so that's a big plus. I'll take "Animal I've Become" and "Pain" over "I Hate Everything About You" and "Home" any fucking day of the week.

Edited by ACCBiggz

:thumbsdown:

They sound like thousands generic rock bands before them, and will sound like thousands of generic rock bands to come.

Right on right on. I haven't heard them since "IIIII HATE EV'RYTHING A-BOUT YOUUUU WHY DO IIIII LOOOOVE YOUUUUUU" or whatever back in like '03, but I hated them back then.

My friends saw em live and said they were obviously playing to a tape.

I'm not a big fan...saw em on tv playing live and I was bored to death. I know they're probably a lot more energetic at an actual live show, but they showed no personality and the song sounded exactly like it does on the CD.

Animal I Have Become is a good, catchy song. But the rest of their stuff does nothing for me.

My friends saw em live and said they were obviously playing to a tape

Your friends are wrong. I've seen them perform acoustic in small rooms in front of 40 people with no way for them to be using a tape and they sound ridiculously better than they do on CD. Also, in interviews, they frequently talk about how 90% of the bands they perform with use some sort of backing tape and they do not; they wouldn't be bringing it up if they did. Their music ain't exactly original or great, but they're good at what they do and I can assure you, seeing them perform several times, they don't use a tape.

Your friends are wrong. I've seen them perform acoustic in small rooms in front of 40 people with no way for them to be using a tape and they sound ridiculously better than they do on CD. Also, in interviews, they frequently talk about how 90% of the bands they perform with use some sort of backing tape and they do not; they wouldn't be bringing it up if they did. Their music ain't exactly original or great, but they're good at what they do and I can assure you, seeing them perform several times, they don't use a tape.

Edited by CKN