Get The 'F' Back in

DaveKOTW

Fatal Fourway Number One Contendership Match for the WWF Championship

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

- I would just love to see Stone Cold Steve Austin kick Vince McMahon's ass one more time. It is always classic to see the beating.

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

Edge© vs. Shawn Stasiak

- Shawn Stasiak and the Intercontinental Championship, I don't see the connection, so Edge retains here.

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. Test

- Test's fear of The Undertaker will remain how it is as Taker will beat his ass.

WWF Hardcore Championship Match

Rob Van Dam© vs. Key (w/Charles Wright)

- I have to go with RVD here, I mean the Hardcore Championship is a good belt for him here at this time.

A 3-on-2 Elimination Tables Match for the WWF Tag Team Titles

The APA and Spike Dudley vs. The Dudley Boyz©

(If the APA and Spike win, the APA become WWF Tag Team Champions )

- I love the stipulation, but I don't see APA and Spike getting the job done, maybe some miscommunication giving The Dudleyz the victory.

WWF Cruiserweight Championship Match

Tajiri© (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. Marc Mero

- Cruiserweight Championship and Marc Mero is 100 times worse then IC and Stasiak, please good no!

3-on-1 Handicap Match

Team Xtreme vs. Kane

- Can go either way as this can hurt Team Xtreme, but they can take it I believe as Kane has to stay as a dominating monster.

Heat Main Event - WWF Women's Championship Match

Trish© vs. Jazz

- The only title change of the night comes on Heat as I always believed Jazz was a good women's wrestler and she deserves gold.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Jerry Lawler resigns from the WWF?

It has been reported that Jerry 'The King' Lawler has handed in his notice to WWF Officials with immediate effect according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. It has been reported that Lawler was not particularly comfortable with the WWF set up since returning to RAW after a 6 month absence. It is thought that Tazz will act as colour commentator for tonight's WWF Vengeance as a result. No official statement has yet to be made on the WWF.com website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Jack announces he has signed with the WWF at XPW event

According to some fans that were in attendance at a recent XPW event, New Jack has been quoted as saying after a match that this is his last match for the XPW as he has just signed a wrestling contract with the WWF. New Jack has been working the indy circuits since the end of ECW and has often stated that he was looking to get back into the big leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billy Gunn has an altercation with another Wrestler backstage

It has been reported that WWF Superstar Billy Gunn was involved in a legitimate backstage fight earlier this week on Smackdown with non-other than Matt "Albert" Bloom. Billy Gunn aka Monty Sopp has apparently been unhappy with his use over the last few months, neither playing an important role during the Invasion as well as afterwards being paired with Chuck Palumbo. Some say that Palumbo use on Smackdown with Sopp acting as no more than a cheerleader was the final nail in the coffin. It was thought that Sopp actually started the fight with Bloom, both men ending up brawling and having to be pulled apart by a large group of people - Sopp is thought to now be sporting a black eye but Bloom came out relatively unscathed. It has yet been disclosed what action the WWF will take on both of these wrestlers...more to follow

Edited by DaveKOTW

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

- He deserves it

Edge© vs. Shawn Stasiak

- I want Stasiak to win, just because he is ex-WCW

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. Test

- I dont think Test going over Taker would be good

- Van Dam should just retain

- I like APA <_<

- I like Tajiri better

3-on-1 Handicap Match

Team Xtreme vs. Kane

- Kane should go over, re-establish him as his old dominant charecter <_<

Trish© vs. Jazz

- Trish > Jazz

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin-with how your pushing him at the minute I think he could pick up the victory

Edge© vs. Shawn Stasiak- Shock upset, with stasiak getting a rollup or something

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. Test- I see taker getting this one by DQ

Rob Van Dam© vs. Key (w/Charles Wright)- champ retains, key isnt ready

The APA and Spike Dudley vs. The Dudley Boyz©- spike turn on the APA

(If the APA and Spike win, the APA become WWF Tag Team Champions )

Tajiri© (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. Marc Mero- loving the mero push really hope he gets this one

3-on-1 Handicap Match

Team Xtreme vs. Kane- kane keeps his dominant monster thing going

Trish© vs. Jazz- no real reason here, I just think Trish will have a lengthy reign

Guest dave_ecw

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin-

Biggest draw in the company deserves a chance.

Edge© vs. Shawn Stasiak

-I think that Edge should retain here but you never no Shawn seems to be getting a push at the moment.

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. Test

- Taker should win but i am expecting a solid match which doesnt make either guy look week in the end.

-RVD retains with ease

-Dudleys to retain as i feel they should be keeping the belts for awile.

-Not a Mero fan and i think you are using Tajiri well so i would like to see Tajiri get the win.

3-on-1 Handicap Match

Team Xtreme vs. Kane

-No reason baha , maybe to make him look like the monster he is being portrayed as.

Trish© vs. Jazz

- Shock win, it wont happen but i like Jazz so i would be cool if you put the belt on a lady who can wrestle well.

IPB Image

Sunday 9th December 2001

WWF Vengeance (Part 1)

Live from Detroit Michigan

We kick off with a special edition of Heat, presented to us by none other than the legendary Al Snow and Ivory who welcome us to Detroit Michigan. The two interact with the fans, discuss WWF Vengeance. Ivory asks many of the fans who would they like to see win the Main Event of Vengeance for the Number One Contendership match, Many of the fans going between Stone Cold and The Rock with a few hoping for Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. Ivory and Al report that the atmosphere is absolutely wild here tonight and everyone is totally excited but now, NOW! It's time for the main event of Heat and it's for the WWF Women's Championship. We get sent to the arena where we are welcomed by JR and Tazz who is filling in for Jerry Lawler since he resigned for the WWF earlier today and we are reminded that we are about 12 minutes away from WWF Vengeance! Are you excited? I am!

Heat Main Event: WWF Women’s Championship Match – Trish Stratus © vs. Jazz

(KOTW Note – Jazz hits the ring first making shouting profanities at the crowd. Some members of the audience boo her while some just ignore her. JR comments that Jazz is one of the toughest women wrestlers of all time, legitimately brutal, and a strong competitor. Tazz humorously remarks that she’s brutal in more than one way which makes JR start to laugh. Trish hits the ring to a huge response from the crowd! This is Trish’s first title defence since she won the title at Survivor Series. Trish climbs into the ring and salutes the crowd, Jazz watching on with a hunger in her eyes). As soon as Trish gets down from the turnbuckle Jazz immediately attacks her with a forearm smash invoking boos from the crowd. Jazz picks Trish up by her hair and whips her into the ropes before Jazz hits her down again with a second hard smash, Trish yelling as she hits the crowd. “I’M THE BEST!” shouts Jazz, picking up Trish again by her hair, Tazz talking about how Jazz’s intensity is something that not many people could match, Jazz quickly following that statement with a very stiff inverted facelock elbow drop on Trish before going for the cover getting a 2 count on the Women’s Champion. Jazz gets back to her feet taunting the crowd telling the fans that the bitch is back before turning around and beating Trish over the back with clubbing blows, Trish desperately trying to get back to her feet. But Jazz wasn’t going to let up locking in the Jazz Stretch on Trish, Trish screaming in agony. JR questioned whether for the first time since WWF Backlash 2001 that a title has changed hands on Heat! Tazz believed it was looking possible but Trish didn’t tap. Jazz, impatient dropped Trish with a facebuster and then went for a cover……………1………….2……..Trish got her foot in the ropes. JR believed that Trish was a lucky lucky woman and Tazz did too. Jazz gets up looking furious at the referee Jack Doan running backwards from Jazz……but WAIT Trish grabs hold of Jazz she’s got the roll up….1….2…..3 Trish wins!!! Trish bt. Jazz to at 5.45 to Retain the WWF Women’s Championship-(KOTW Score: **) The Fans go wild as Trish grabs hold of her title belt, Jazz stunned in the middle of the ring. JR says that Trish is a fighter, she has shown it time and time again and she really deserves that title. “No Doubt” follows Tazz, “Trish is one tough cookie and what a way to build up to Vengeance”…”WAIT A SECOND” shouts JR as someone attacks Trish from behind on the ramp way with a steel chair. “IT’S LANCE STORM” identifies Tazz, everyone in the arena surprised and disgusted with Storm’s actions. Storm grabs hold of the Women’s Title belt looking at it in his hand, as Jazz stands in the middle of the ring herself looking confused. Storm carries the title belt into the ring and goes face to face with Jazz, Jazz asking what the hell is going on. Storm smiles at Jazz and the boo’s get even louder as Storm hands over something no one could have possibly imagined. “Lance Storm has just handed Jazz the WWF Women’s Championship belt”. Tazz is shocked. Jazz looks down at it and smiles back at Storm before turning around and raising the belt in her hands, the fans booing loudly….but it wasn’t the end. Jazz turns to thank Storm but what she gets is a SUPERKICK TO THE FACE! JR and Tazz go crazy, no one in their right minds has an idea what the hell is going on. Lance Storm gets out of the ring grabbing a microphone. “What the Hell Is Going on Tazz?”

Do I have to repeat myself?

Storm gets back into the ring; microphone in hand as loud boos filling the arena. “If I can be serious for a minute……….without being interrupted” the boos escalating to a new level as Storm stands in the centre, his face deadly seriously. “If you people shut up, I will explain to you my actions here on Sunday Night Heat”. The level of boos however doesn’t drop but that doesn’t stop Storm from telling us what he’s thinking. Lance says that the reason he attacked these two women here this evening is quite simple and that is because women wrestlers make a mockery of the wrestling business, a business that he loves so much. Lance says that these women pace around the ring, wearing push up bras and hot pants and pretend to be people like him. “But wrestling is not a joke and neither am I” Lance Storm firmly puts forward. Lance ones again reaffirms that he is not a comedy act, he is not about bells and whistles. Lance Storm is about pure wrestling and it is a CRIME AGAINST NATURE that Lance Storm has been left off the line up for Vengeance tonight. “But that’s okay….because come the Royal Rumble, everybody will know exactly what Lance Storm is all about. Storm’s music hits as he drops the mic, posing to the irate WWF fans as Heat comes to an end. JR says that it looks like Lance Storm has staked in next months Royal Rumble. (KOTW Note – Lance Storm is getting real over with the fans now as we expect to see Storm back on Main TV). Tazz can’t believe how fired up Storm, it’s an intensity like he’s never seen before. “Speaking of intense Tazz, we are moments away from WWF Vengeance and by God it’s going to be a Slobberknocker!” These are the final words from our announce team as we make way for WWF Vengeance 2001.

Vengeance Intro

The Rock:

This is My Night

Kurt Angle:

This is My Night

Stone Cold:

This is My Moment

The Rock:

This is My Opportunity

Kurt Angle:

To prove to the world that I’m best in this business

Chris Jericho:

This is My Moment

Stone Cold:

This is My Opportunity

The Rock:

To prove to the World…..

Chris Jericho:

To prove to the world that I am the Greatest

Kurt Angle:

To prove that no one can beat me

The Rock:

…….that I am the most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment

Stone Cold:

At Survivor Series, my Championship was taken for me and I will stop at nothing to get it back

Jericho:

Ever since No Mercy, everyone has asked whether Y2J Chris Jericho can win the BIG ONE! Tonight I prove them wrong!

Angle:

During the Invasion, I was part of Team Austin, or Team Rock. Always Number two in this business. Well tonight is my night!

The Rock:

Stone Cold, at Wrestlemania you screwed the Rock out of his title…But when its all said and done, when the Dust has settled, when the smoke have cleared. The Rock will once again become WWF Champion.

Stone Cold:

Tonight I get my Vengeance

Jericho:

Tonight, Vengeance will be mine

Angle:

Tonight I get MY Vengeance

The Rock:

Tonight, The Rock will get his Vengeance

We hit straight off the arena, pyros going off everywhere.

”Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to WWF Vengeance. We are Live him from the Sold Out San Diego Sports Arena. Beside me is the one and only Tazz, Tazz what a line up we have tonight!”

“Tonight is off the hook JR. The card is stacked and I for one am totally excited!”

“Not to mention that tonight Tazz, tonight we’re going to find out who’s Vince McMahon’s new business partner is! Man I can’t wait”

Match 1: WWF Cruiserweight Championship Match – Tajiri © vs. Marc Mero

(KOTW Note: JR points out when Mero hits the ring that this is going to be his first Cruiserweight Title Match. Mero gets heavily booed by the audience and he is eating it up. When Tajiri hits the ring, both JR and Tazz notice that Tajiri is in fact coming to the ring once again by himself. Tazz believes that maybe this Marc Mero interference has destroyed the relationship between Wilson and Tajiri. JR says that he hopes that’s not the case. When both men are in the ring, the tow of them face off and the crowd getting hyped up for the first match of Vengeance). Mero and Tajiri lock up and Mero quickly takes the strength advantage charging Tajiri in the corner. Mero beat down on Tajiri with hard fists and boots before whipping him hard into the adjacent corner Tajiri hitting the turnbuckle hard and dropping down to the floor. Mero immediately starts posing in the ring causing the crowd do not like Marc Mero and they respond in kind as he takes it some more of the hate before going back to Tajiri who tries to fight back but is quickly slowed down by an eye rake. Mero takes down Tajiri with a clothesline and goes for an early pin but he only gets the 2 count. Mero gets back to his feet grabbing hold of Tajiri by the head before hitting him with a perfectly manoeuvred vertical suplex. Mero climbs through the ropes and hits Tajiri with his patented slingshot leg drop some of the crowd clapping the move as Mero goes for another cover on Tajiri but again only a 2. Mero grabs hold of Tajiri and hits him with a snapmare before quickly locking in a chin lock. Mero makes sure the hold is tight the referee carefully monitoring Tajiri. Mero pulls hard on the head of Tajiri, JR commenting that the chin lock is an effective move if done correctly, and causes strain to the tendons in the neck. Tazz says Mero seems to be doing a good job of the move Tajiri looking in deep trouble, trying to find a way to get out of the move. Eventually Tajiri manages to get use of his body trying to lift himself off the ground, Mero trying to force him back down but Tajiri refuses to stay down. Elbows, fists, he’s throwing the whole of his locker at him. Mero slows him down with a hard left hand before whipping him into the rope going for a clothesline but Tajiri ducks off against the other ropes, Tajiri hits the springboard elbow smash. Tajiri hits Mero with one clothesline, then another clothesline. Tajiri tries to take advantage and goes for a springboard moonsault. Mero second guesses the move and gets out of the way but Tajiri lands on his feet. Mero comes back for him but Tajiri uses his quick feet kicking the hell out of Mero. Mero gets whipped the ropes behind Tajiri, Tajiri ducks the Mero counter clothesline getting behind him before hitting Mero with a beautiful dragon suplex. Tajiri goes for the cover……….1…………….2………..Mero gets his foot on the rope. Tajiri nor the crowd can here. “Oh Wait Tazz” shouts JR. “Torrie Wilson is here!” Tajiri gets off the floor and sees Torrie standing at the entrance. Tajiri gets back to his feet and walks to the edge of the ring looking on confused….”WAIT! WATCH OUT TAJIRI!” Tajiri gets rolles up by Mero……………1……………….2………………….2.9 Tajiri kicks out both men quickly getting back his feet. Mero clotheslines down Tajiri. Mero gets to his feet and looks back at the entrance but Torrie isn’t looking particularly happy. Mero goes back to Tajiri who is trying to get back up, Mero beating him back down hard with his hard fists and positions himself behind Tajiri. Mero hits a german suplex on Tajiri but Tajiri counters it and lands behind Mero. Mero swings around trying to halt Tajiri but Tajiri kicks Mero in the gut before locking in the front face lock….BRAINBUSTER! Tajiri goes for the cover the whole audience counting………1………..2………..3. “By Gawd! Tajiri Retains the Title!” shouts JR, Tazz commenting that Tajiri took a page out of his old ECW days! Tajiri bt. Marc Mero to retain the WWF Cruiserweight Championship at 14.45-(KOTW Score: ** ¾)(KOTW Note – Both Tajiri and Mero went over will in this match and the WWF Cruiserweight Championship gains in image). After the match Tajiri quickly climbs out of the ring to grab hold of his Cruiserweight title the fans cheering heavily as Tajiri retains the gold. But as Tajiri is celebrating, the cameras go back to the entrance where Torrie Wilson was standing, but she’s gone! Tajiri gets back into the ring looking around the ring to see if she’s there but no one, not even the announcers saw her leave. “Tajiri is looking frantic!” comments Tazz, Tajiri wanting to celebrate his title retention with his girlfriend! Tajiri realising that she’s no longer there and then looks at Marc Mero who is just getting up. “Mero is smiling damn it! What the hell is Mero smiling about?” states JR! “Something is not right here” adds Tazz as the show goes to a break.

During the break the WWF advertises the forth coming PPV, Royal Rumble coming Live from the Philips Arena, Atlanta Georgia.

When we return, Tazz and JR recap on the previous match, talking about how Torrie almost cost Tajiri the title and what happened after the event. JR puts forward the possibility that it was Torrie’s intention to screw Tajiri out of the title but Tazz believes if that was what she wanted, she would have definitely tried to stop the pin by Tajiri. “Either way Tazz, we are moments away from our next match and this one is for the WWF Hardcore Championship. It’s Key versus the WWF Hardcore Champion, Rob Van Dam as we go to a feud recap.

Match 2: WWF Hardcore Championship Match – Rob Van Dam © vs. Key (w/Charles Wright)

(KOTW Note – The recap really seemed to do justice for this match with Key and Wright getting serious heat from the audience when they hit the ring. Van Dam on the other hand got a huge pop from the crowd, the crowd really behind Van Dam tonight. Van Dam didn’t waste any time tonight, getting straight into the ring and this match was off before the bell was rung). Van Dam went straight for Key attacking him straight with his fists before whipping him into the ropes before clotheslining him out of the ring. Wright quickly attacked Van Dam from behind knocking him down to his knees. Wright beat Van Dam down with hard shots before whipping Van Dam into the ropes, Van Dam ducking the clothesline attempt by Wright before hitting with a clothesline. Van Dam doesn’t want Wright though, he wants Key. Van Dam finds him on the outside of the apron, Van Dam taking him down to the outside of the ring with a running drop kick. Van Dam looks around the arena…R-V-D suicide dive onto the outside onto of Key both men crashing, bodies on the concrete floor. Van Dam goes for a cover……….1………….2………Key gets his shoulder up. Van Dam gets back to his feet before hitting Key with a corkscrew leg drop going back for another pin but once again the 2 count. Van Dam grabs hold of Key and hits him with stiff punches whipping him into the crowd barriers. Van Dam continues his assault. Van Dam hits Key with an Inverted Suplex onto the barricade before climbing back into the ring. Van Dam wants this. Corksrew Leg drop off the apron onto the hanging Key. Van Dam goes for another cover………..1…………2……………Wright breaks up the pin. Wright grabs hold of Van Dam and he whips him into the steel steps, Van Dam crashing hard. Wright tells Key to get back to his feet and finish the job pointing over to the announce tables. Key stumbles back to his feet and walks over to Van Dam as Wright walks over to the Spanish announce table pulling off the cover and pulling out the monitors. Key grabs hold of Van Dam’s head and bounces it off the announce table the crowd heavily booing Key. Key doesn’t care and hits it again Van Dam’s head bouncing off hard. Wright directs Key’s action Key grabbing hold of Van Dam and lifts him up onto his shoulders, Tazz remarking that it looks like a powerbomb is on its way but Van Dam tries to fight out with hard fists, can Van Dam get out of this, he can Van Dam hits a DDT onto the mat. Van Dam covers…………1………2…… Wright quickly breaks up the count. Wright grabs hold of a steel chair; Van Dam is in trouble here as Wright dictates this match for Key. Wright swings...VAN DAMINATOR by Van Dam the chair crashing into the face of Wright. Van Dam gets back to his feet he’s looking exhausted. Van Dam turns around….LOW BLOW by Key. JR comments on the cheapness of the move but Tazz responds, “desperate times call for desperate measures JR!” Key grabs hold of Van Dam and lifts him up onto his shoulders, everyone knows what’s coming! EVERYONE IS BEGGING NO! POWERBOMB THROUGH THE SPANISH ANNOUNE TABLE! “MY GOD!” shouts JR, he can’t believe it. Van Dam’s title may be over. Wright is getting back to his feet telling Key to pin him but he doesn’t want to. Key wants more. Key grabs hold of Van Dam by his hair and he throws him back into the ring the crowd noticing Van Dam is busted open. “Now Key is directing the traffic” shouts Tazz as Wright gets back into the ring as Key is shuffling under the ring for something. Key pulls out a Triple H special! It’s a sledgehammer! Key slides back into the ring and tells Wright to hold Van Dam up. Wright does so… “Van Dam is in real trouble now!!!!”. Key swings, but VAN DAM GETS OUT OF THE WAY AND KEY CRASHES THE SLEDGEHAMMER INTO THE GUT OF WRIGHT. Key drops the sledgehammer he can’t believe it….ROLL UP!......1…..2…….2…9 Key KICKS OUT! Both men are once more back to their feet and they are both on their last cylinders, Key and Van Dam both trading punches, Key whips Van Dam but Van Dam counters and Van Dam hits Key with a clothesline, then another, than another. Van Dam body slams Key to the ground. “Van Dam has a second wind here” acknowledges JR and he’s right. Van Dam hits the ROLLING THUNDER on KEY! Van Dam is back to his feet. R-V-D once more. Van Dam climbs up to the top rope. FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH TIME! HERE IT COMES! WRIGHT HITS THE TOP ROPE AND VAN DAM SLIPS. Wright goes over Van Dam and beats down on him. Wright shouting it Key to get back up. Key stumbles to his feet, Wright telling him to finish this off now! Key grabs hold Van Dam! KEY IS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING VAN DAM MOUNTED! THE VICTIMIZER!..............1……………..2……………….3. Key bt. Rob Van Dam at 16.41 to become the NEW WWF HARDCORE CHAMPION-(KOTW Score: ***)(KOTW Note – Key continues to gain big in the overness with Van Dam although Van Dam’s image may have been hurt slightly by losing this match). The segment ends Key hugging his WWF Hardcore Championship belt before being joined by Charles Wright at the bottom of the ramp, JR saying that Van Dam was screwed out of his title belt! It’s just not right!

Confidence

Backstage, Vince McMahon is in his private room chatting with Ron Waterman when The Coach enters the room, wondering if he could have a word with Vince. Waterman gets on his guard by Vince tells its okay... “It’s just the Coach” The Coach wants to know how Vince McMahon is feeling about the PPV so far, Vince responding that he feels that so far, the show has been excellent and he’s gut instinct is that it’s only going to get better. The Coach then asks Vince how he’s feeling about the new business partner being revealed tonight. Vince responds that while he is not happy that this fact is being announced on the last PPV of the WWF calendar, Vince welcomes any new competition and that he is confident that like the WCW and ECW, he is going to crush this new competition like the bug that they are. Waterman nods his head like the trained poodle that he is, as does the Coach, Vince asking The Coach if he has any other questions. The Coach indeed does and asks Vince which WWF Superstar he least like to face for his WWF Championship. Vince argues that while that question is a tough one, he wouldn’t be able to answer because all four components are worthy competitors. “That’s bull crap” responds JR, “We all know he’s afraid of Austin!” Tazz says he is unsure with JR’s analysis saying that Vince could be telling the truth. “Tazz, you never trust a devil and by God, you never trust a McMahon!” The Coach thanks Vince for his time, Vince happily smiling as The Coach leaves.

JR reminds us that later tonight, we have a Fatal Four Way Match for the Number One Contendership for the WWF Championship between Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. We then cut to a clip showing The Rock entering the arena with his bag, Tazz and JR both agreeing that The Rock does look focused. JR says that it’s almost time for the elimination match and this match has building up over some time.

The show goes to a Dudley Boyz vs. Spike Dudley & the APA promo recapping the last few weeks.

Match 3: 3-on-2 Tables Elimination Match for the WWF Tag Team Championships – The Dudley Boyz © vs. the APA and Spike Dudley

(KOTW Note: The first to hit the ring in this match was the Dudley Boyz holding their belts in one hand while carrying a table between them with the name Spike spray painted on it. They received some moderate heat as they came to the ring, Bubba shouting to D-Von when they got inside the squared circle “THIS ONES FOR SPIKE, D-VON!” Oh my brother…testify. The APA received a huge cheer when they arrived in the arena with both Bradshaw and Faarooq raising their arms to the crowd. Spike ran down to the ring ahead of the APA, this match is ooooon!) As soon as Spike slid into the ring both of the Dudleyz immediately went for him both sharing punches on the runt of the litter Spike. Bubba and D-Von double whipped him into the ropes both men waiting for the return but Bradshaw and Faarooq grabbed the ankles of both men pulling them to the outside of the ring. Bubba paired up with Bradshaw while Faarooq paired with D-Von all four men brawling. “Watch out!” shouted Tazz as all four men noticed, too late, a suicidal Spike diving over the top rope onto all four men the crowd rising to their feet cheering. Spike Dudley gets back to his feet and starts going for D-Von Dudley beating him away with hard fists directing him around the ring. Spike tries to throw D-Von into the steel steps but D-Von counters and Spike crashes in while the APA hit the double spinebuster on Bubba on the other side. D-Von goes under the table and sets up a table for Spike which D-Von attempts to put him through with a back body drop but Bradshaw and Faarooq move the table out of the way and Spike hits the ground. D-Von gets back to his feet and Bradshaw meets D-Von with a boot to the face. Bradshaw rolls D-Von back into the ring and Bradshaw gets back in telling Faarooq to get a table. Bradshaw goes for the clothesline from hell on D-Von but Bubba grabs hold of Bradshaw’s foot but D-Von hits him with a corkscrew elbow smash to the face. Faarooq climbs in and attacks Bubba with some hard shots before walking into the Bubba bomb by Bubba Ray Dudley that immediately slows down Faarooq’s actions. Bubba and D-Von both grab hold of Bradshaw and throw him to the outside of the ring before immediately looking for the one and only Spike. Both Dudley Boyz members go back to the outside to find a busted open Spike that obviously hit the steel steps harder than they thought. Bubba stomps away on Spike as D-Von sets up a table, Bubba lifting Spike onto his shoulders. JR notes that it looks like Spike is going to get powerbombed through the table but Spike’s hard shots on Bubba cause Bubba to drop him and Spike gets a quick breather before D-Von is back on top of him. D-Von drags Spike across the ring and bounces his head on JR and Tazz’s announce table leaving Spike leaning on it. Tazz moans that Spike is spilling some blood on the table. Bubba meanwhile is setting up some tables on the outside of the ring. D-Von grabs hold of a steel chair and cracks Spike over the head with the chair. Bradshaw on the other gets out and starts brawling with Bubba, Bubba ending up on the end of a neckbreaker from Bradshaw. D-Von continues the chair use cracking it over the head of Bradshaw coming to the aid of his brother. Bubba and D-Von use the steel post as their friend throwing Bradshaw into it before grabbing the table they opened earlier and dragging it closer to Spike. Bubba grabs hold of Spike and rolls him on the table, D-Von climbing onto the apron. JR comments that it looks like D-Von is going to table a leaf out of RVD’s book but WAIT HERE COMES FAAROOQ, Faarooq knocking D-Von off the apron onto Spike both men going through the table. Spike’s been eliminated. Faarooq can’t believe it holding his head in the middle of the ring. Bubba tries to capitalise attacking Faarooq back in the ring with some clubbing shots. Bubba tries to whip Faarooq into the ropes but Faarooq counters knocking Bubba down with a shoulder block. Faarooq throws Bubba into the corner beating away on him with some right hands. Faarooq then whips Bubba hard into the other corner Bubba going face first into the turnbuckle. Faarooq grabs hold of a table and sets it up in the corner of the ring leaning against the turnbuckle. Faarooq goes over to Bubba and starts to lift him up but Bubba is trying to fight back with punches to the gut. Bubba gets up and starts to fight back, Tazz commenting that the Dudley Boyz have so much fight in them, you never know when they’re done. Bubba tries to whip Faarooq into the leaned up table but Faarooq counters it and Bubba almost goes flying in but manages to stop him self shouting “wow wow wow!” Faarooq charges back but Bubba hits him with an elbow to the face before hitting Faarooq with a cutter. Bubba grabs hold of Faarooq and scoop slams him through the table eliciting boos from the audience. Faarooq is eliminated. JR says he can’t believe it! Tazz says that the Dudley Boyz are the table masters and that no one in this business can beat the Dudley Boyz in their match. “It would be like a guy from Canada trying to make good old JR hot sauce…It’s just not possible”. Outside of the ring, D-Von and Bradshaw are brawling D-Von crashing into the barricade. Bradshaw is too late to counter a double axehandle off the apron and the Dudleyz quickly regain control. Bubba grabs Bradshaw and rolls him back in the ring before giving orders to D-Von. The Dudley Boyz set up a table on the outside before sliding a table in the ring. Bradshaw tries to get back to his feet as the Dudleyz re-enter the ring, Bubba taking it to Bradshaw as D-Von sets up the table. Bubba and Bradshaw exchange punches. Bubba tries to whip Bradshaw into the ropes but Bradshaw counters and hits Bubba with a short arm clothesline. D-Von comes to the rescue but he hits the same fate. Bubba gets back to his feet to get hit only to get chucked out of the ring before D-Von gets hit with a fallaway slam. Bradshaw gets back to his feet and grabs hold of D-Von. Bradshaw lifts D-Von onto his shoulders and is walking over to the set up tables……….can he do it? BRADSHAW just powerbombed D-Von through a table. D-Von is eliminated. Bradshaw has even the score! “WATCH OUT BRADSHAW!” shouts Tazz before Bubba hits Bradshaw with the chop block to the back of the leg. Bubba is all mouth as he beats down on Bradshaw. Bubba slowly lifts hold of Bradshaw shouting out to the crowd but Bradshaw starts to fight back, the fans cheering with hope. But Bubba eye rakes Bradshaw. Bubba whips Bradshaw hard into the turnbuckle. Bubba walks over cockily and hits Bradshaw hard with a back hand chop echoing around the arena. Bubba hits a second chop even more louder than the first. Bubba cockily insults Bradshaw before slapping him across the face. Bubba then walks out of the corner taunting the crowds telling them all to “Suck It” before Bradshaw charges out of the corner hitting a clothesline so hard that people are surprised Bubba’s head is still on. Bradshaw climbs out of the ring and grabs hold of one of the tables made up and closes the legs so he can put it in the ring. Bradshaw gets back into the ring, albeit looking like he’s suffering with some serious back pain, with the table and sets it up next to a turnbuckle. Bradshaw grabs hold of Bubba and pulls him over to the table, Tazz adding “Bradshaw can end this match right now by powerbombing Bubba through the table”. Bradshaw sets Bubba up and lifts him up but Bradshaw’s back buckles almost immediately Bradshaw dropping Bubba back to the ground the fans not happy! “Damn it Bradshaw! Damn it! You’re so close!” shouts JR, Tazz adding that Bubba is not the lightest of men. Either way, Bradshaw is going for it again. CAN HE DO IT? The fans all of a sudden start cheering as Spike Dudley is seen running down to the ring “Wow! Look JR! Spike’s here!” says Tazz as Spike slides into the ring. BRADSHAW LIFTS BUBBA….LOW BLOW FROM SPIKE! “What the? WHAT THE HELL?” Shouts JR. Bubba dropping to the floor again this time looking at Spike confused. Spike stands over Bubba and HE PUTS OUT HIS HAND….JR screams “WHY SPIKE WHY?” Spike tells Bubba what to do and Spike climbs up the turnbuckle as Bubba rolls Bradshaw onto the table holding his legs down. “WHAT’S SPIKE DOING NOW??” shouts Tazz, “DAMN IT!” responds JR! Spike taunts the crowd before hitting a DIVING DOUBLE FOOT STOMP on Bradshaw through the table. The Dudley Boyz bt. The APA to retain the WWF Tag Team Championships at 19.56-(KOTW Score: ***1\4)(KOTW Note – The Titles gained Image with both teams going well over with the fans).

The segment ends with D-Von making his way back to the ring and all three of the Dudley Boyz raising each their arms in Union above the defeated APA., JR and Tazz both lost for words.

An Olympic Dream

Backstage, the Coach greets us and tells that us that he’s trying to talk to Kurt Angle. The Coach knocks on the door with a big gold star on, but there is no response. The Coach waits for a few seconds then knocks a second time, The Coach apologising. “May I help you” is heard coming from behind the Coach…The Coach turns around to see Kurt Angle. The Coach tells Kurt that he was trying to get a few words from him, Kurt responding with the comments, “I thought you would….after all, I am the only Olympic Gold Medallist in this business…so, what can I do you for?” The Coach tells Kurt that as usual, it’s an honour to interview him but, he and the fans want to know whether Kurt Angle has a strategy tonight. Kurt laughs off the question remarking that a man of his intelligence would obviously have a plan. But Kurt says he’ll lay it down for all us “lay people” out that there and that is at the end of the night, if anyone tries to get in the way of Kurt Angle becoming the Number One Contender for the WWF Championship, they’re going to walk out of Vengeance with a BROKEN FREAKIN’ ANKLE! “Oh it’s true, It’s Damn true!”

We go back to the arena JR saying that Kurt Angle is looking fired up for tonight’s main event! Tazz agrees completely saying that since the Invasion, Kurt Angle has changed. He’s become more aggressive, more focused and quite frankly deadlier than ever. JR says well that match is later on tonight but coming up next is a feud that has been building up over the last few weeks. It’s Test versus The Undertaker

We got to a recap of the Undertaker/Test Feud. Is Test scared of The Undertaker? It certainly looks that way.

Match 4: Test vs. The Undertaker

(KOTW Note: Test came down to the ring first and Tazz asked JR if he thought that Test was in fact afraid of the Undertaker. JR said he would be surprised if he wasn’t as very few aren’t. “The Undertaker is a phenom!” Test looks anything but calm when he was in the arena man, the fans giving Test a hard time. Taker came to the ring to a huge applause from the audience riding down to the ring on his motorbike. Taker looked ready to go. All that was left was the bell to ring and we had a fight on our hands). Test and Taker locked up in the middle of the ring, Test trying to overpower Taker twisting his arms making out he had the cocky strength advantage the crowd booing his cockiness before Taker all of sudden powered up, the surprise on Test’s face as Taker quickly turned his arms back around and now Test was the one in pain the crowd going nuts. Test broke up the hold with a kick to the gut of the Undertaker before hitting him with a few huge punches before whipping him into the ropes coming back and knocking Test down with a shoulder charge. Test got back to his feet Taker allowing him to get back to his feet. The two men locked up in the ring and Test charged Taker into the corner of the ring beating him down in the corner with a few fists. Test walked into the middle of the ring slapping his forearm explaining exactly what he was going to do before charging into the corner Taker getting his foot up, Taker quickly following up with a running DDT. Taker goes for the cover on Test but he only gets 2. Taker gets back to his face and he hits Test with some hard elbows twisting Test’s arm around going over to the corner of the ring shouting “OLD SCHOOL!” Taker connects with the move Test crashing down to the floor once more, Taker kicking him with his boot. Taker gets to the ground and locks in the dragon sleeper on Test JR commenting that Taker wants to keep this match going at his own pace. Test is looking in trouble the fans stamping on the floor. Test tries to get out of the move using his elbows and his fists to fight out. Taker eventually lets go of the hold as Test gets back to his knees Taker breaking away, Taker bounces against the ropes and kicks Test in the face before going for another cover but Test only gets a 2. Taker grabs hold of Test and throws him out of the ring the referee beginning the 10 count as the fans cheer on the Undertaker, raising his arms to the crowd. Test is slowly getting back to his feet Tazz remarking that Taker looks like he’s stalking Test. Taker gets out of the ring and walks next to Test carefully choosing which of his fists to use cracking Test in the head once, no twice. Taker grabs hold of Test’s head and goes to crash it against the announce table but Test counters and slams Undertaker’s head in the table. Test grabs hold of Taker and throws him hard into the steel steps the referee getting out of the ring and telling Test to get back in the ring. Test grabs hold of Taker and throws him back into the ring. Test hit Taker with a full nelson slam shocking the crowd Test mouthing off that he isn’t afraid! Test climbed the top turnbuckle and posed again for the audience before hitting Taker with an elbow drop…………..1…………………….2………………………2.9 Taker got his shoulder up. Test bangs the floor with his hands! “He can’t believe it” shouts JR. Test gets back to his feet slowly, fatigue clearly hitting Test also slapping his thigh Tazz immediately identifying that Test wants to end this match with the big boot right now. Taker looks surprisingly out of it. HERE COMES THE BIG BOOT BUT TAKER DODGES, Test having to bring his leg down quickly to avoid hitting the ropes, he turns around TAKER GRABS HIS NECK! “CHOKESLAM” shouts JR! but Test counters quickly with a boot to the midsection. “WHAT THE HELL IS TEST DOING?” Test grabs hold of Taker by the neck….CHOKESLAM BY TEST! “My God! Test taking a page out of the Undertaker” Test goes for the cover………….1……………..2………………………..2.9 Taker kicks out the crowd going nuts. Test can’t believe that he can’t put away the Undertaker. Test gets back to his feet hitting the ropes as Taker struggles to get back to his feet grabbing hold of Test’s pants. Test grabs hold of Taker by the head and sends shots to the head Taker trying desperately to get back to his feet. Test kicks Taker in the gut. Test goes for the pumphandle slam but Taker slides down the back, Test turns Taker has hold of Test by the throat again Test kicks him in the gut again and whips Taker back into the ropes but Taker comes back with hitting Test with a running DDT. Taker gets back to his feet and raises his arm back again. JR asks Tazz if Taker will be third time lucky! TAKER GRABS TEST BY THE THROAT! HERE IT COMES! CHOKESLAM! But Taker isn’t finished! He is shaking his head. Taker grabs hold of Test by the head and lifts him back up. Taker kicks Test in the gut and raises his arm up in the air. “LOOKS LIKE TEST IS GOING FOR HIS LAST RIDE!” shouts JR Tazz asking if Taker has the strength! HERE IT COMES! IT CONNECTS! TAKER COVERS TEST THE FANS COUNTING………….1……………………2…………………3. The Undertaker bt Test at 16.34-(KOTW Score: ***)(KOTW Note – Test went over big time in this match up, and some would argue finally getting the respect that Test deserves). After the match, the Undertaker gets back to his feet raising his arms to the standing ovation from the audience both JR and Tazz saying that Test really brought his A-Game to the Undertaker tonight but The Undertaker managed to do enough to win it. Taker climbs out of his ring and gets back onto his motorbike driving back up the ramp. The last of Taker is seen Taker stopping one more time, raising his arm before driving to the back while Test slowly gets back to his feet his hands on his head.

As Test is leaving the arena, JR and Tazz discuss the night so far Tazz saying that Vengeance has been a hell of a night so far and it’s only going to get better. JR seconds that and says that we are moments away from a match with one of the most unusual backgrounds of the night between Kane and Team Xtreme. Tazz adds that since the Survivor Series, Kane has felt that he’s been disrespected by the World Wrestling Federation and the fans and that tonight he is out to prove a point to everyone. JR says that for some reason, Kane has it in his head that it is people like the Hardy Boyz are part of the reason he’s getting no respect because they are “Too Pretty, Kane promising to scar the entirety of Team Xtreme tonight. Tazz adds that Kane is definitely one sick guy and who knows who’s going to come out of this match up tonight.

Match 5: 3-on-1 Handicap Match - Kane vs. Team Xtreme

(KOTW Note – Team Xtreme came out to the ring first to a small pop from the crowd Matt and Jeff standing in front of Lita as to protect her. JR says that Team Xtreme have been through every type of match you could think of but he doesn’t think that anyone could ever be prepared for what Kane wants to put them through. Tazz says that the Hardyz better bring their A-Game tonight as they’re going to need it. Kane’s pyros go over and the arena temperature raises as the Big Red Monster Kane hits the arena. Kane walks down to the ring slowly tugging on his glove as he stares directly at Lita. JR says Kane is the most dangerous monster the WWF has ever seen with his debut being one that many long term wrestling fans will never forget). Kane gets in to the ring and all 3 members of Team Xtreme come down on Kane like a tonne of bricks Matt and Jeff quickly whip Kane into the ropes before knocking Kane down with a double dropkick. The referee orders 2 of the people out of the ring but Matt and Jeff continue at Matt quickly hitting Kane with a twist of fate. Matt takes Lita out of the ring and Jeff jumps up to the top turnbuckle, the fans going insane. HERE IT COMES! SWANTON BOMB! Jeff covers…………..1……………2 Kane pushes Jeff off him with power sitting straight back up. “My God” JR says shocked as the Hardy Boyz just through their best at Kane and Kane barely got pinned for a 2. Jeff tried to beat down on Kane but Kane was getting back to his feet and no one could stop him. Jeff looked around and didn’t know what bouncing off the ropes to hit a clothesline but Kane didn’t even move grabbing Jeff by his throat straight away! “IT COULD BE OVER” shouted Tazz but Jeff used his brain and kicked Kane down below. Jeff went for a second clothesline off the ropes but this time Kane knocked him down hard with a stiff boot to the face the crowd noticing the stiffness. Kane turns around and sees Matt on top of the turnbuckle Matt going for a cross body but Kane simply catches him before military pressing him in front of the fans and then chucking him to the outside Matt landing hard on the barricade on the outside. Lita climbs off the apron and quickly goes to check on Matt everyone including the crowd and announcers concerned on how Matt Hardy’s neck snapped back. Lita shouts for EMTs even Tazz getting out of his seat to go check on Matt leaving JR to call the show alone. Meanwhile Jeff Hardy is alone in the ring. This doesn’t look good for Jeff as Kane raises his arm back. CHOKESLAM by Kane, Kane covers Jeff……1………….2………………..3 Kane wins. Lita looks on in the ring as Kane gets back to his feet, EMTs trying to put Matt onto a stretcher. Kane bt. Team Xtreme at 4.52(KOTW Score: ***)(KOTW Note – Jeff Hardy doesn’t look like he’s going to be competing for the WWF title anytime soon losing a bit of credibility after the easy loss). The camera changes focus watching Lita and the EMTs carry Matt Hardy on a stretcher up the ramp, Tazz rejoining JR on the commentator. Tazz says to JR that he doesn’t want to speculate but Matt Hardy said he couldn’t feel his legs and the EMTs were speculating that Matt may have a broken neck. JR says that he hopes Matt is okay, Lita looking very upset. “WAIT” shouts JR Kane attacking the EMTs and Lita at the top of the ramp, Lita getting knocked down with a shot to the head from Kane. “Kane is NOT done here” says Tazz as Kane pushes the EMTs away, the EMTs dropping Matt to the floor. Kane bends his head to the side looking down at Matt Hardy in a Michael Myers-esque way. Kane grabs hold of Matt dragging Matt to the side of the entrance way sitting him up, Matt shouting, Kane pointing at Lita. “What the hell is on Kane’s mind NOW!?” asks JR as Kane goes back to Lita grabbing hold of her by the hair. Matt is shouting at Kane “Please Kane! Please Kane Don’t do it!” Kane grabs hold of Lita by her neck and moves over to the edge of the ramp shouting abuse at her, Matt Hardy watching on, pleading! “STOP KANE! GOD DAMN IT STOP!” shouts JR. Kane looks around the fans booing loudly, they all know what is going to happen! KANE CHOKESLAMS LITA OFF THE RAMP DOWN INTO THE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT SPARKS GOING OFF EVERYWHERE!” Kane stands at the ramp edge looking down at Lita, devoid of emotion his head to his side. Matt Hardy is seen crawling to the side, shouting “You B*stard!” Kane just stands there. “I HOPE YOU’RE DAMN HAPPY KANE! I HOPE YOU’RE DAMN HAPPY!” shouts JR, Tazz adding that Kane has got exactly what he wanted tonight. “Kane could have ended the careers of both Matt and Lita Tazz! HE COULD HAVE ENDED THEIR DAMN CAREERS!” The last thing we see before we go backstage is Kane walking off, as if nothing has happened, EMTs rushing to Lita as Matt sobs in the corner calling for help.

We go to a commercial break

“Don’t be a bonehead. Don’t be clown! Whatever you do! Don’t try this it home. Leave the Danger to Mick Foley…Please”

When we return JR and Tazz recap over the last match. After the recap, JR says that Matt and Lita have both been put in ambulances and they will get back to us as soon as they have more information and that he and Tazz and all the fans wish them well. Now however, it is time for the next match and this one is for the Intercontinental Championship.

Match 6: WWF Intercontinental Championship Match – Edge © vs. Shawn Stasiak

(KOTW Note – Shawn Stasiak was the first person to come to the ring and he received a huge amount of heat from the audience. Shawn Stasiak was certainly over with the audience tonight, JR saying that the audience tell it as it is and the WWF Fans certainly detest Shawn Stasiak. Tazz said it is probably something to do with the fact that he is a former WCW wrestler but JR has another opinion. “It’s because he’s a jackass!” When Edge hits the rings, the fans scream. Tazz says that the fans are really behind Edge and that you have to believe that Edge is one day going to be the WWF Champion. JR says he has no doubt in his mind that this major singles title is the first of many for this great young superstar.) Edge and Shawn Stasiak face each other off in the year, Stasiak sending a b-line straight to Edge. Edge smiles and takes it all loosening his arms, Stasiak telling the ref to check Edge to make sure he doesn’t have any weapons on him. Edge and Stasiak both end up being searched, Stasiak looking uncomfortable although he was found to be clean. Stasiak and Edge eventually lock up Stasiak quickly getting Edge in a head lock talking down on Edge. Edge tries to get out of it with his arms before eventually taking Stasiak down with a side suplex. Edge and Stasiak get back lock but and Edge has a whip attempt countered only for Stasiak to get the head lock back on Edge. Stasiak, this time, wrapping his legs around Edge and taking him to the ground. Edge crawls slowly and grabs hold of the bottom rope, JR commenting that it looks like Stasiak is trying to slowly wear down Edge with locks and holds. Tazz adds that this type of wrestling doesn’t look pretty but it damn sure is effective. Stasiak gets back to his feet after he’s made to break the hole and hits Edge with a couple of elbow drops before dropping down and choking Edge. The referee pulls Stasiak off, Edge quickly trying to get back to his feet but Stasiak soccer kicks Edge in the torso. Stasiak pulls Edge by his hair talking smack to him before hitting him with an upper cut shifting him into the corner of the ring. Stasiak taunts the audience before hitting Edge across the pectoral region with a back handed chop the stereotypical sound echoing through the arena. Stasiak celebrates at the chop before hitting a second one, Tazz commenting that Stasiak seems to be enjoying himself in the ring. Stasiak’s arrogance quickly got the better of him however as when he went back to the third chop Edge was ready leading to the positions before reversed and Edge hitting the chops at Stasiak. Edge then did his own celebrations with the crowd before hitting Stasiak thrusting Stasiak with a turnbuckle tackle. Edge was happy at that move gaining some good momentum before hitting the dazed Stasiak with a bodyslam that almost picked up the three. Edge got back to his feet and stomped away at Stasiak before climbing up the turnbuckle motioning for Stasiak to get up before hitting him hard again this time with a missile drop kick, Edge going a second pinfall attempt but again only the 2. Edge lifted Stasiak back up, Stasiak trying to fight his way out but Edge managed to slow him down with a knee to the gut, Edge whipping Stasiak into the ropes only to get hit with a running drop kick. Edge then got hit with a neck snap JR commenting that once again, Stasiak takes a page out of the Mr. Perfect play book before going for a cover but he only gets a 2. Stasiak got Edge back to his feet hitting Edge with an atomic drop before followed quickly with a clothesline and the audience began to realise that the mood was changing, Stasiak just missing out on the pinfall after the clothesline the fans thinking it was over. JR said he thought there was going to be a new Intercontinental Champion right there. Stasiak grabbed hold of Edge by the hair, Edge once again trying to get out with punches, Edge getting the advantage of Stasiak chucking him into the ropes before attempting to hit the downward spiral, Stasiak countering before hitting a DDT. Stasiak for some reason delays on the pinfall attempt, Tazz believing that if he had actually made the cover he’d have got the three, but Stasiak blames the referee for a slow count rather than his mistake. Stasiak says that he’s had enough and he climbs out of the ring first grabbing the WWF Intercontinental Championship and then telling Hugo of the Spanish announce team to get his ass up as he wants his chair. Stasiak slides the chair in the ring and the referee before getting in the ring himself the referee quickly grabbing hold of the chair getting straight out of the ring to take it back… “BUT STASIAK STILL HAS THE DAMN BELT!” Stasiak stands over Edge grasping the belt BUT EDGE HITS STASIAK WITH A LOW BLOW! Edge grabs hold the WWF Intercontinental Championship belt and then the bell rings! “What the..what the hell happened?” asks JR. “I I don’t know…..The referee called for the bell” says Tazz. The referee goes over to the ring announcer that informs the audience that due to Edge’s use of foreign objects, the winner of this match by DQ is Shawn Stasiak Shawn Stasiak bt. Edge by DQ at 15.34.-(KOTW Score: ***)(KOTW Note - Stasiak continues to impress). After the match, Edge gets out of the ring and tries to explain to the referee what happened but the referee wants none of it as Stasiak stumbles out of the ring at the outside holding his arm raised. Tazz says that Shawn Stasiak just got a victory over the WWF Intercontinental Champion. JR says that Shawn Stasiak is nothing but a lousy cheat!

The Next PPV is the Royal Rumble coming Live from the Philips Arena, Atlanta Georgia.

This is Not Over!

Backstage, The Undertaker is at a coffee machine putting some quarters in. As he’s putting in the coins, Molly passes saying “Hey” to the Taker, Taker responding politely. “Damn” he says. “…My God Damn coins!” Taker looks around and grabs hold of a guy with a WWF shirt on asking him if he knows how to open it but the young guy has no idea and looks quite scared. Taker shakes his head and bangs the machine. “All I want is a damn drink” he mumbles. But Taker gets more than drink when out of nowhere *CRACK* Taker drops down to his hands and knees. “IT’S TEST!!” cries JR, Tazz shocked as to what he’s seeing. Test takes a second shot dropping Taker down to the ground complete, Test throwing the chair to the ground afterwards. “THIS IS NOT OVER TAKER! THIS IS NOT…OVER!” as Test disappears from the scene of the crime as people come to check on The Undertaker, the Undertaker shouting Test’s name before we cut back to the studio.

JR and Tazz welcome us back briefly discussing what just happened moments ago between Test and The Undertaker. JR says that any hope Test has of being left alone by The Undertaker have now been ruined because you can be damn sure that Taker isn't going to let this die. Tazz says that maybe Test doesn't want to let it die, Tazz feeling that Test was rather unlucky in his match tonight. "Maybe Test does too and wants to settle the score?? Who knows?". JR says either way, Test vs. Undertaker is not over.

The announcers inform us that we are moments away from the Main Event of Vengeance, a Fatal Fourway between four of the biggest superstars in World Wrestling Federation History all who want one more shot at the WWF Championship.................

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Edited by DaveKOTW

IPB Image

Sunday 9th December 2001

WWF Vengeance (Part 2)

Live from Detroit Michigan

An Interview with the Rattlesnake

Backstage, The Coach is live with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Coach does not beat around the bush asking Stone Cold if he is ready for the match of his life? Austin asks back, “the match of my life?” Austin says that he treats every single match up like it is the match of his life, but one thing is for certain, tonight he is going up against 3 of the biggest SOBs in the World Wrestling Federation, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and The Rock. Stone Cold says that the fact of the matter is that the World Wrestling Federation Championship means everything to him. He says it means more to him than his wife, his family, hell it means more to him than his own physical condition and that he will do absolutely anything to get it back. Stone Cold says if that means, beating the living hell out of the three toughest SOBs in the WWF to get the title that was stolen for him 4 week ago, then so be it because Stone Cold Steve Austin is be once again the WWF Champion, whether people like it or not AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE! COS STONE COLD SAID SO!

It’s Time for the Main Event Recap covering everything from the Winner Takes All Match at Survivor Series to the Round Robin Tournament: It even shows Austin screwing the Rock over at Wrestlemania X7. When we come back to the arena, JR and Tazz hype it up one more time, JR saying that this match is going to be a slobberknocker!

The main event starts off with the Fink coming to the ring and reminding us that the following match is a FATAL FOURWAY MATCH, all four men can be in the ring at the same time and the first person to make a make a pin fall or makes an opponent submit wins the match. Welcome Vince McMahon and Ron Waterman to the ring, Vince McMahon grabbing a microphone and getting into the ring announcing that with this match being of particular relevance to him, he decided that he and his bodyguard, Ron Waterman will join the commentary team for this match up. Vince then wishes all four competitors the best of luck and officially kicks off the match. The first person to come to the ring is Chris Jericho, the crowd giving Jericho a mixed response, Jericho nevertheless posing for everyone. As soon as Jericho gets into the ring, his music quickly changes for Angle’s and Angle steps down the ramp way, wearing his Olympic Gold Medal to the ring. Angle chooses not to get in the ring with Jericho and he stays on the outside. Suddenly The Rock’s music hits the ring and the fans loudly cheer The Rock as he makes his way to the ring, JR saying that The Rock’s people are with him tonight. Vince disagrees with JR, telling him that he thinks the biggest pop of the night has definitely been for Kurt Angle, JR telling Vince that he is full of crap, Tazz telling JR to calm down. The Rock unlike Angle quickly slides into the ring and salutes the fans. After the Rock is finished The Rock looks at Jericho and Angle, Angle raising his hands not wanting anything to do with The Rock. Stone Cold’s music hits the fans at least equalling the Rock’s pop. Austin marches down to the ring, Austin, like the Rock and Jericho also getting in the ring, Austin keeps watchful eyes on both Jericho and The Rock as he makes his salute to the audience the audience cheering like crazy. The cameras pick up on Vince and Waterman starring almost disapprovingly at Austin as he salutes the audience. When Austin finally gets down, Austin looks over at Vince McMahon both men starring at each other for a second before Austin gives Vince the middle finger and looks back at his two competitors. All three men in the ring circle, Angle staying away Vince McMahon commenting that so far two things are obvious. “One, Stone Cold has no Class and Two; Kurt Angle has a smart game plan”. JR believes what Angle’s got is a case of the chicken but Vince assures him it’s a game plan. Austin goes over to the area of the ring Angle is and tells him to get in the ring, Angle climbing onto the apron but then chickening out. Austin tells him once more, get in the ring, But Angle ignores it. Austin then snaps just as the bell is rung

Match 7: Number One Contendership for the WWF Championship – Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Austin climbs out of the ring and immediately chases after Angle, while The Rock and Jericho brawl in the ring. Austin and Angle exchange punches on the outside while Jericho manages to hit a quick dropkick on The Rock. Jericho follows this up with a snap suplex going for a quick pin fall attempt but the Rock kicking out on the 2. Meanwhile on the outside, Austin is choking Angle with a Television Cable on the outside, Angle desperately trying to move the cable off of his throat Austin really laying into Angle with punches and stomps. Back in the ring, the roles have quickly reversed The Rock slapping Jericho away like crazy before laying the Smackdown on him Jericho bouncing back straight into a DDT by the Rock. Angle sends Austin into the steel steps on the outside as The Rock makes a pin fall attempt, Angle breaking it up before the 3. Angle grabs hold of The Rock and whips him into the corner choking him away while Jericho hits the baseball slide on Austin knocking him back to the outside as he tries to get in. Jericho then continues his offensive on Austin with a huge suicide dive onto the outside Austin and Jericho both going down. Angle tries to whip The Rock into the adjacent corner but The Rock counters sending Angle into it, Angle coming out and getting knocked down with a clothesline. Angle then gets up and immediately and tries to get back in on the offensive but getting hit with a Samoan drop with The Rock, The Rock managing a 2 on the pin fall attempt. On the outside Jericho hits Austin, leaning against the barricade with, chops Austin’s pectoral region turning red. The fans give a big chair as Austin turns it around and starts hitting Jericho with the back handed chops before clotheslining him down. Austin then hits a monkey flip on Jericho throwing him into the steel pole knocking, Jericho looking like the first of the four to be bust open. Meanwhile back in the ring, Angle hits The Rock with a huge german suplex before going for the cover Austin grabbing hold of Angle’s leg and pulling him off The Rock. Austin gets back in the ring and drags hold of Angle throwing him into the corner laying into him with right hands before stomping a mudhole on him. Austin turns around and gets knocked down with a huge clothesline from The Rock. The Rock drags Austin into the middle of the ring and locks in the sharpshooter on Austin, some fans cheering some fans booing as The Rock tightens the hold Austin desperately trying to get to the ropes. The Rock wants this match bad however and pulls Austin back into the middle tightening the hold some more. Vince McMahon announces that it’s over! “Austin is going to tap”. “BUT WAIT” shouts JR as Chris Jericho is up on the top turnbuckle. MISSILE DROPKICK ON THE ROCK breaking the hold on Austin. Jericho tries to take advantage done on the Austin damage and goes for the cover but The Rock and Angle both pull Jericho off a leg a piece. Both men look at each other surprised to see the other and each other begins to brawl with each other, Angle out manoeuvring The Rock before clotheslining him out of the ring. “Kurt Angle is celebrating like he’s just won the match” shouts JR, Vince saying that what he did was really impressive, he should be happy! Angle too busy celebrating doesn’t realise the dangerous threat lurking behind him and Jericho quickly hits Angle with a full nelson facebuster, Tazz informing us that Jericho likes to call that the breakdown. Jericho goes to cover Angle but this time Austin breaks it up. Austin pulls Jericho to his feet Jericho immediately eye raking the Rattlesnake. Jericho tries to take advantage with an irish whip only to get hit with the Lou Thez press Austin laying hard right hands on Jericho. Austin gets up and walks almost walks into the Angle Slam by Kurt but Austin counters and ends up pushing Angle into the referee. Kurt shocked that he knocked down and turned around to get a second surprise…A STUNNER! “Where is he going?” asks JR to Vince as Angle gets covered……1…..2……….Ron Waterman pulls Stone Cold out of the ring. Vince McMahon stands up clapping as Austin just got screwed. Austin got up and got hit down to the crowd with a huge stiff clothesline from Waterman. Waterman then grabs hold of the rattlesnake and hits him with Waterman’s Sitout Powerbomb as Jericho is back to his feet shaking the referee before going for the cover on Angle………….1…………………….2……………..The Rock breaks up the count. The Rock grabs hold Jericho and punches away hard on him eventually knocking Jericho out of the ring with his huge punches, turning around into an atomic drop from Kurt Angle, Angle following up with a solid uppercut. Angle takes advantage of the situation and climbs up the turnbuckle, everyone one at the announce table going over the previous situations with Angle on the top rope. Can he hit it this time!? HE DOES! Angle hits the Moonsault on the Rock…… “Is IT OVER?” asks JR…….1………..2…………The Rock gets the shoulder up. Angle can’t believe it. Waterman sits back down with Vince, Austin lying motionless on the outside of the ring. Angle on the other hand wants to end this now. HE’S TAKING DOWN THE STRAPS YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! ANGLE LOCK! Angle locks it in and The Rock looks in a lot of trouble……The Rock is trying to get to the bottom rope but Angle wants to break his Ankle. The Rock is close to the ropes……but Angle pulls him back. “The Rock looks like he’s about to tap” comments Tazz, Vince saying that it looks like Kurt Angle is going to be the Number One Contender but The Rock never says die, crawling across the floor. “Can he Make it?” asks JR “YES HE CAN!” shouts Tazz as The Rock gets to the bottom rope. Angle stomps away on The Rock, The Rock looking as he’s in a lot of trouble. The Rock gets a break when Jericho gets back into the match hitting Angle with a hangmans neckbreaker before getting back into the ring himself. Jericho hits the bulldog on Angle. Jericho looks around. LIONSAULT ON ANGLE! IS THIS IT?.........1…………….2…..The Rock breaks up the count. Austin is stirring and Vince gets cautious telling Waterman that he might have to go back and finish the job! Vince is very angry Waterman hadn’t finished it already. Waterman gets back to his feet as Austin is holding onto the apron, JR protesting that it’s not right. Vince says he’s just saying that because he’s not in his predicament but JR is not happy. Waterman goes back for Austin but this time, Austin is ready Austin straight away brawling with Waterman. Austin lifts a knee up to Waterman before sending Waterman into the steel steps. But Austin is finished bashing Waterman’s head across the steel steps before whipping him into the barricade. “By God, The Rattlesnake is Still Alive!” shouts JR. Back in the ring Angle is down and Jericho is choking The Rock in the corner with his boot. Austin climbs back into the ring and Jericho charges at Austin, Austin hitting Jericho with back body drop Jericho falling over the ropes but managing to hang on to them staying on the apron before Austin punches him off. Austin turns around and gets it with a flying clothesline from The Rock. The Rock then whipping Austin into the ropes hitting him with a spinebuster. The Rock gets back up only to get hit with multiple german suplexes ending with a bridge but The Rock kicks out. Angle tries to relock in the Angle Lock but Austin quickly breaks it up. Austin grabs hold of Angle and throws him out of the ring leaving just The Rock and Austin, The Rock slowly getting up. The fans cheer as The Rock and Austin stand off, both men exhausted facing off at each other and the two men start brawling. Austin quickly tries to hit the Stunner on The Rock but the Rock counters and then he goes for The Rockbottom but Austin counters that but only to get hit very quickly with a spinebuster. The Rock has it. He takes off his arm band “YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS NOW JR?!...THE PEOPLES ELBOW!!” shouts Tazz BUT WAIT! ANGLE IS THERE….ANGLE SLAM ON THE ROCK! Angle covers……………1…………..2………..Jericho pulls Angle off The Rock. And Angle and Jericho brawl on the outside. Austin and The Rock are back standing also, the two men brawling in the middle of the ring. The Rock whips Austin into the ropes but Austin ducks the clothesline but on the return he kicks the Rock in the gut…STUNNNEEEEER! Vince McMahon drops his head set and quickly rushes to the ring climbing on the apron. Austin is covering The Rock but Vince is interfering with the referee. “WAIT.....RON WATERMAN IS BACK IN THE RING! HEBNER!!!!” Waterman hits Austin with a LEAD PIPE before getting out of the ring. Vince climbs down as The Rock crawls over and puts his arm over Stone Cold. The referee turns around and starts the count.……1…as Angle sends Jericho into the steel steps….2……….3…..ANGLE COULDN’T MAKE IT IN TIME! The Rock’s music hits the ring as the crowd stand in shock! The Rock bt. Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and Stone Cold Steve Austin at 25.43 to become the WWF Championship Number One Contender(KOTW Score: ****)(KOTW Note: The crowd can’t believe what just happened. Is The Rock working for Vince McMahon? Why Did Vince McMahon screw Austin?) JR asks all these questions as Ron Waterman and Vince McMahon stand on the ramp way, Austin looking at the 2 of them. “DAMN IT! AUSTIN WAS SCREWED OUT OF THE TITLE BY MCMAHON AGAIN!!”

What happened Next…

As Vince and Ron Waterman walk up the stage, a very familiar piece of music is heard in the arena, which shocks everyone in the arena, most of all, Jim Ross. “What the….That’s Jerry Lawler’s Music!” At the entrance to the arena stands the King with a microphone, Vince McMahon turning around looking in absolutely surprise, Waterman grabbing a mic from the sound man near the bottom of the ramp and handing it to Vince. Lawler asks the people in the back to cut his music as Vince McMahon makes the first move. Vince starts off by telling Lawler that he is pleased to see him but what the hell are you doing in this arena? Earlier tonight you handed in your RESIGNATION EARLIER TONIGHT! Lawler plays dumb saying “I guess I did didn’t I”, Vince continuing “so If you wouldn’t mind, tell me what the hell you want or GET THE HELL OUT MY ARENA”. Lawler tells Vince that he wants to take him on a little journey back to the 70s and early 80s in professional wrestling. Lawler tells Vince that in case he had forgotten; Wrestling in those days was very different to what it is today. Lawler looks to the crowd explaining that back in the day, there used to be different territories across the US, and for each territory, there was a wrestling promotion. Now when Vince McMahon’s Father was in charge of the company which we now call “the World Wrestling Federation”, the WWF was a North Eastern Territory that was part of a National Wrestling Alliance, an alliance that the majority of the wrestling federations were a part of. However, as Vince’s Dad got older and had to retire, Vince McMahon broke away from the NWA. Vince McMahon was too good from the national alliance and Vince McMahon wanted to become solo. Why? Because the territories were poor? No! Because it was easier? Not really. “The reason Vince McMahon wanted out was because Vince McMahon is consumed with greed. Vince McMahon wanted the money”. Lawler says that just like the Vince McMahon of today, Vince McMahon enjoyed nothing more than to choke the life out of his competition. “And What I found so funny during the WCW days is when the WCW poached talent from the WWF, Vince McMahon took it as personal insult. But Vince, when you decided have a syndicate TV show and break the territorial boundaries….you poached anything and everything you could…you’re nothing but a hypocrite. “Ric Flair ring a bell to you people? Yeah Vince, one of your successful steals after putting everyone out of business”. Vince McMahon says that Jerry Lawler can’t make these slanderous accusations about him! It’s a ridiculous accusation, but Lawler said that he isn’t finished. Lawler tells everyone to jump forward to the year 2001, when he, a legendary wrestler of his generation, had been demoted to nothing more than a full time colour commentator. Lawler says that at the start of the year 2001, everything was looking bleak. He lost his job, he lost his wife. But then, one day it struck him. “Sitting down, watching RAW, I realised that, Vince McMahon would never allow competition again. It would be impossible to ever compete with a company like the World Wrestling Federation. Hell lets face it, if any talent comes out of the independent federations, it gets eaten up by the corporate monster that is WWF before anyone could ever make a name for themselves. You just can’t compete anymore. And I thought, hell, I helped make Wrestling. I am part of this legacy. Hell, I was part of Sports Entertainment before the name even came about.” Vince tells Lawler that he better have a point with all of this because he’s starting to lose his patience. Lawler continues “When you want a piece of pie, why make another one when there is one starring in front of you…and that’s what I did Vince. I bought Shane and Stephanie’s piece of the World Wrestling Federation”. Vince looks shocked the fans cheering like crazy. “…..THAT’S RIGHT! JERRY THE KING LAWLER NOW OWN’S 50% OF THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION! I guess that makes us Partners! 50/50 Partners!” Vince McMahon, as does everyone looks in absolute shock as Lawler’s music plays in the arena. “Jerry Lawler is the Co-Owner of the WWF” calls JR, “How does this affect the World Wrestling Federation? Jerry Lawler??”

The last shot we see is of Vince McMahon’s stunned face before the show fades to black”

Edited by DaveKOTW

Sick show man. 2 Big swerves that I really liked in that show. The Rock and Vince together, that's pretty big, pulling the same thing Austin did. And I really didn't excpect the King to come in there. He's not the type of person that comes to mind for that role. Awesome show alltogether.

Everybody has a Price...Everybody's got to pay

Figures from Last Week Shows (Commencing December 2nd)

We got a 7.05 rating for 'RAW'!

The attendance level was 8009 people.

We made $320360 from ticket sales.

The Best match of the night was the Shawn Stasiak vs. Tajiri match that scored at 74% with the general scores for the matches all being rated relatively low for this RAW. However, there were some big scoring segments the most recognised ones being the Vince McMahon one's, his segment with Stephanie picking up 88% in addition to the Main Event of Venegeance announcement that also scored a 92%. Overall, RAW scored an overall score of 72%. The RAW rating has increased substantially.

We got a 5.72 rating for 'Smackdown!'!

The attendance level was 9050 people.

We made $362000 from ticket sales.

Like RAW, the matches on Smackdown did not score particularly high with the highest rated match of the night being Edge vs. Marc Mero which scored a respectable 76%. The segments however lifted the overall score of the show with the WWF Championship debate getting 98% rating and the Kurt Angle/Vince McMahon segment gaining 93%, Smackdown getting an overall score ot 72% The Smackdown weekly rating dropped from the previous week but is still on the higher scale of scores compared to previous

We got a 1.62 buy rate for 'Vengeance'!

The attendance was 18162 people.

We made $4050000 from pay-per-view revenue.

We made $1089720 from ticket sales.

The outstanding match of the night was of course the Fatal Fourway Main Event between Angle, Jericho, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, delivering an over all score of 91%. However, the Dudley Boyz vs. The APA and Spike match and the Edge vs. Shawn Stasiak match also scored respectably coming out with scores of 82% and 80% respectively. Vengeance's overall score was 79% and at present is regarded as successful

Okay, so we've got through the first month, the direction has been set and the road to Wrestlemania is set. I'm very pleased at the way things have come off so far and I just hope that we can maintain this direction and momentum all the way through to Wrestlemania. I have a good idea in my mind now what the matches will be at Wrestlemania (I really would like to share with you guys but dont want to ruin the suprise) :P so I'm looking forward to pushing on. However, a sure fact is that the Royal Rumble is going to be an interesting write.

Keep on reading and giving your two cents! Till next week, keep tuned and Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Champions

WWF Champion

Mr. McMahon

Intercontinental Champion

Edge

European Champion

Rikishi

WWF Tag Team Champions

Dudley Boyz

WWF Hardcore Champion

Key

WWF Cruiserweight Champion

Tajiri

Right lol i started to read from Vengeance and i will look back more into your diary later today so please bare with me on the feud history and such the pre-ppv heat was pretty ok with the Main Event of Trish and Jazz also the intro coming into Vengeance was very well written and actually got me more into to it.

I was expecting Head to be with Al Snow instead of Ivory :D

Mero i'm glad he didn't win because giving Tajiri this run as Champion could be good and i see your using him right.

Oh how good it is to see well i mean read about the APA well i'll be dammed but D'oh they didn't win but that was kind of the problem with them there better at quick beatdown's and promo's than matches i'd better change that Bradshaw may beat me up now for calling him over the internet.

As for Kurt Angle's promo wow it was like i was watching him and hear him very well written and thought out right you have a taste for writing for Kurt Angle and it show's oh it's true it's dam true.

Test even thougth he lost to The Undertaker he seem's like he might be getting a good push and at least there no Scott Steiner in sight for him to feud with also Kane's handi-cap win was pretty cool i knew the Hardy's didn't stand a chance when they face the big red machine also good "Don't try this at home" lol they need a new one and it should be that i think.

Shawn Stasiak win's that is a shock but this could be a stepping stone for him if he doesn't record his friend's talking that is and this win could kick start a good career for him because the crap they put on him with Planet whatever was weak....didn't expect Edge to lose.

You might want to edit this lol (The Rock bt. Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle and The Rock at 25.43 to become the WWF Championship Number One Contender)

But The Rock i wanted Angle but can expect everything as he did do a good promo earlier on in the night.

They feedback may be a load of crap but i did enjoy the show and it's gonna make me want to read more and more keep up the goodwork man.

I told you I'd read this, and I started from page 6, which was the Vengeance preview, and I thought there would be a lot more to come after Vengeance, but there wasn't lol. I read the whole thing and I really liked it, I could visualize a lot of these things happening in my head. Great job, and I'll definitely continue to read this.

IPB Image

Major Changes In Developmental Territories

The World Wrestling Federation has decided to make some modifications to their developmental territories releasing some wrestlers from their contracts as well as bringing in some new faces.

The Following Wrestlers have been released from their development deals:

Redd Dogg

Haku

Mark Henry

Bull Buchanan

Payne

In addition, the World Wrestling Federation have released Billy Gunn. Many believe Gunn's antics during the week were the reason behind his release. Matt " Albert" Bloom has been sent to OVW. There is no conformation if this is the last of the releases. Out of all the wrestlers released, it is thought that Mark Henry was the most costly to the World Wrestling Federation but Henry's lethargic personality coupled with his lack of will to improve was unacceptable to the company.

There have also been some new signings to developmental territories over the past few days: The majority of these wrestlers were attached to World Championship Wrestling, however it is thought that the reason they weren't signed sooner was because the WWF didn't feel that they were neither over enough to be useful in the Invasion Storyline nor were there gimmicks suitable for WWF TV

Frank Paris and Allen Jones of the WCW Tag Team "Air Raid"

Chris Harris

Carly Colon

Scott Colton

All five wrestlers have been told to report immediately to Ohio Valley Wrestling for "assimilation". It has been rumoured that some of the wrestlers required hard bargaining to get them to sign as some of the wrestlers had been offered handsome sums to appear on the independent circuits.

Tough Enough Winners Speak Out

Tough Enough Winners Maven Huffman and Nidia Guenard finally speak out to the Wrestling Community about their WWF developmental contracts. Maven and Nidia both agreed on one thing; joining the World Wrestling Federation is a dream come true and neither of them can wait to finally make it in the big time. Maven commented that he was spending tim down in Ohio with guys like himself, learning about what it takes to play in the big time and that it is "Sure As Hell Tough But I love It!" Nidia on the other hand has been spending her time between Ohio and on the road where she has been learning the way of the WWF diva. Nidia commented that WWF Divas are the most beautiful women in the world and she hopes one day to to be the new Chyna or Trish or Ivory. Nidia said that she hoped that one day she could fulfil her dream and become WWF Women's Champion

Ric Flair and the WWF?

With David Flair in the developemental roster, many have been wondering if it will be too long before we see the return of the Nature Boy to the WWF? Ric Flair in an interview with the WWF website has said the following:

Well you know, ever since with WCW went out of business, the Nature Boy Ric Flair has been sitting at home resting up and wondering when the Wrestling World will see the dirtiest player in the game return to National TV. And the answer is, I don't know. Right now, the best product in the World by far is the World Wrestling Federation, that's why when my son asked me, hey said "Dad, Jim Ross and Johnny Ace have been on the phone and they want me to be a part of their developmental programme..should I take it?" I said Woo Son, of course you should! To be the man, you gotta beat the man and the man right now is the WWF Champion". Maybe one day I can get back into the squared circle and rekindle my jet flyin, limo ridin, kiss stealing, wheelin and dealin' woo profile in the WWF too
Edited by DaveKOTW

AWESOME show man! Just read it all, its good writing, its very detailed and informative! Im annoyed Rock won, especially how he won it, as im a huge Jerichoholic! Im not too thrilled at Lawler, im not a big fan of his at all tbh, no wonder i got rid of him from my diary! But im looking forward to the follow up from 'Taker-Kane, and its all looking fine so far, ill trust you with the Mero stuff for now, though im not a huge fan of him either.

IPB Image

Monday, December 10th, 2001

Raw Is War Preview

The Aftermath of Vengeance

The King's Coronation

Jerry Lawler, last night at Vengeance, shocked the Wrestling World when he announced that he was new co-owner of the World Wrestling Federation. The King came out after the Main Event of Vengeance and announced to the world of his distaste for the actions of Mr. McMahon over the past years but now things are going to be different. What will the King's actions be in his first week of co-control? How will Mr. McMahon react to this situation? Can these two men co-exist? How will the Superstars react to the situation? And who will take over at the commentary team now that Lawler is the co-Owner of the WWF?

The NEW WWF Championship Number One Contender

Last night on Vengeance, The Rock came out victorious in the Fatal Fourway #1 Contender Match for the WWF Title, pinning Stone Cold Steve Austin, thanks to some intereference from Mr. McMahon and his bodyguard Ron Waterman. However, due to the contreversial end of the match, what will The Rock's explanation be? Was an agreement made between The Rock and Vince McMahon? Will there even be a WWF Championship Match? Why did Vince McMahon want to stop Stone Cold? Knowing Stone Cold, he will retaliate but the Question is How and When? Also, how will Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho take the situation?

Who is to blame for their losses? With the Royal Rumble coming up soon, you can be sure that will be on the minds of all three of The Rock's opponents tonight.

You Don't Mess With the Dead Man

Last Night, The Undertaker came out on top in a gruelling match against, the man who has a one year immunity, Test. While the fans and everyone else at the WWF thought that this match was the end of this feud, Test didn't; signifying his contempt for the American Badass by attacking him from behind later in the night. Who will strike first post Vengeance? Will Test come out to play? And What will the Undertaker do if he gets his hands on Test?

For all the answers, plus appearances of WWF favorites Edge, Rikishi, Tajiri and more, tune in to RAW Monday night at 9/8 CT on TNN.

Edited by DaveKOTW

IPB Image

Monday, December 10th, 2001

Raw Is War Live from Detroit Michigan

The show opened (live from Detroit Michigan) with a recap of WWF Vengeance where The Rock won the #1 Contendership match for the WWF Championship and Jerry Lawler announced that he was now partners with Vince McMahon. JR then welcomed us to the show, explaining that tonight, he is flying solo, and hyping the forthcoming matches for RAW.

A New Royal Era of Sports Entertainment

Jerry Lawler came to the ring and welcomed the wrestling world to a new royal era of Sports Entertainment. Lawler explained that, in his opinion, the WWF was becoming stale as JR’s sex life (JR started laughing at the King’s comment). Lawler claimed that now he had some control of the WWF’s direction, this was all going to change. Lawler said that he already had plans for an extreme match tonight, and that the WWF fans would not be disappointed (JR hailed the King’s promising future saying that he can’t wait for it to get started). Lawler continued reminding the fans that he had not forgotten that the Road to Wrestlemania was just beginning at that he was sure as hell going to everything he can to make Wrestlemania the spectacle that it truly is...Kurt Angle’s music suddenly hit the arena as Angle quickly made his appearance demanding that his music be cut, microphone already in hand. Angle told Lawler that he didn’t care what he or Vince McMahon had planned for tonight, because he demands that he be heard after he was royally screwed last night out of the WWF Championship Match. Lawler watched on as Angle continued his whining session. Angle continued that he fought a fair fight, he never cheated…Angle said that he’s never cheated a day in his life (JR sarcastically remarking that this was obviously true). Angle demanded that given the consequences of last night, what Lawler was going to do to make sure justice was done. Lawler looked around the audience before slowly raising the microphone back to his mouth, looking slightly annoyed that Angle just came down here demanding something straight away. But just when Lawler popped out the word “Well…” Chris Jericho’s music hit the ring. Unlike Angle, Jericho took his time, posing at the entrance before slowly making his way to the entrance. Jericho said that he’s sorry for interrupting the King, but he thought he heard a baby crying so he wanted to check it out, make sure it was okay. However all he found instead was nothing more than a cry baby! The crowd roar with laughter at Angle, Angle stamping his foot before interrupting straight way telling Lawler that he is not a cry baby. “Hell” Angle shouts, “If anyone is a cry baby, Jericho is a cry baby!” The two men then start to quarrel back and forth about who the cry baby actually is before Lawler finally breaks it up asking Jericho if he actually had a reason for coming down and interrupting his announcement. Surprisingly, Jericho did, and like Angle, he also believed that due to last night’s screw job, he believed that something should be done to solve those who were badly afflicted, i.e. him. Lawler’s response was simple…No. Lawler told the two wrestlers that he was aware of the situation but The Rock has requested some mic time later tonight, and he was going to see what The Rock had to say before he made any rash decisions. Angle and Jericho both protested but Lawler said his mind was made up. However, he did feel that something had to be done about the animosity between Angle and Jericho. That’s why, Lawler is going to have to sit down and think about what he is going to do with the two of them but as for tonight, they both have THE NIGHT OFF! (JR remarks on how impressed he is with how the King is handling his authority and how great it will be for the business). Lawler turns his back on the protesting wrestlers and goes back to the crowd, emphasising that the WWF Championship was not the reason he was out here and that he in fact intended to address the vacant colour commentator position. Lawler said that since he was no longer able to do that position, he thought he’d give the job to: a) a man the fans love, b) a respected personality and c) a man who is never ashamed to speak his mind. “So without further adieu, I present to you Mick Foley . Foley appears at the entrance of the arena, the fans going insane at first glance, JR saying that Lawler had pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat with the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley becoming the New RAW colour commentator! “MY GOD!” Foley goes straight down to announce table putting his thumb up to Lawler before sitting down next to JR. Foley gets right to it, telling JR that he’s thrilled to be part of the WWF announce team and that he hopes Vince McMahon is listening in, because he knows how much Vince is a fan of his work, and is currently choking on his peanuts (Lawler, Angle and Jericho leave the ring as to the two commentators get in the swing of things).

JR announces that we are moments away from the first big match of the night, Edge vs. X-Pac in a non-title match and he can’t wait for it. Foley thinks that Edge reeks of coolness and he can’t wait! JR and Mick pick up on last night’s Vengeance showing clips from the Edge was screwed by Stasiak losing the match by DQ but managing to retain the title. Foley says that Stasiak is a cool customer but doesn’t want to get on the wrong side of Edge.

Match 1: Non-Title Match - WWF Intercontinental Champion Edge vs. X-Pac

-(KOTW Note – Shawn Stasiak joins the announce team to watch the guy who he beat last night).

X-Pac started off in control of the match hitting Edge with some backhand chops before taking him down with a spinning heel kick. X-Pac quickly too Edge to the corner of the ring attacking him with more backhand chop action before superkicking Edge hard into the corner Edge slumping to the ground. X-Pac celebrated this early offence taunting the crowd before slapping Edge with the bronco buster bringing on an “X-Pac Sucks” chant. X-Pac took Edge down with a roundhouse kick only just missing out on the three count. Stasiak applauded X-Pac who was in complete control of the match as he locked in a chicken wing submission on Edge. Edge tried to get some momentum powering out of the submission, before X-Pac eye raked him, but X-Pac’s retention lasted only a couple of second, bouncing off the ropes only to get hit with a flap jack. Edge bounced back to his feet, the crowd behind him taking X-Pac down with clothesline after clothesline before hitting X-Pac with a lifting DDT just missing out on the 2 count. Foley asked what Stasiak thought now, but Stasiak believed this was only temporary possession before dropping him head set and going to ring side. Edge, with the fans fully behind him, climbed the turnbuckle only to get distracted by Stasiak. Eventually Edge went for the cross body but X-Pac ducked the move before throwing Edge out of the ring to the feet of Stasiak. X-Pac took away the referee’s attention as Stasiak beat down on Edge on the outside before hitting him with an atomic drop. Stasiak rolled Edge back in the ring, X-Pac going for the cover but Edge managed to kick out at the 2. X-Pac went back for the holds locking in a headlock trying to slow down the momentum but Edge wasn’t about to lay down and die, powering out with all his strength, taking X-Pac down with a suplex. Edge went wild from there hitting a bunch of clotheslines before taking X-Pac down with a drop kick. Edge followed that up with his rear sit-out mat slam on X-Pac the crowd fully behind him, Stasiak holding his hands on his head. Edge motioned up yours to Stasiak firing Stasiak up some more before hitting X-Pac with the spear knocking the air out of him before getting the 3 the crowd high on Edge love. Edge pinned X-Pac at 8.53. (KOTW rating - **3/4). After the match, Edge got to his feet saluting the crowd before Stasiak attacked him from behind with the WWF Intercontinental Championship belt. Stasiak raised the title to the crowds telling them that this will soon be his before dropping it on Edge and leaving the ring. JR and Foley thought that the actions of Stasiak were nothing short of despicable. (KOTW Note - Solid Opening Match which got the fans going and continuing the Edge/Stasiak feud).

Backstage with the King

The King is backstage in the women’s locker room surrounded by the WWF Women’s Champion Trish Stratus, Ivory, Jazz, Stacy Keibler, Molly Holly and Torrie Wilson. The King tells all the women that he was in his office thinking about having a memorable match for the WWF fans here tonight and he realised that while Vince has been running the show, the WWF women have been quiet. That is why he has decided to have a Fatal Four Way Match TONIGHT! For the WWF Women’s Championship Match in a BRA AND PANTIES MATCH! Torrie Wilson tells Lawler that he’s a creepy pervert and that she refuses to take part of the show tonight, leaving the room, Lawler momentarily dazed before returning. He says that we’ll see Trish versus, Stacy…”ooh Stacy”, versus Ivory versus Molly. Lawler looks all excited, emphasising how great it’s going to be. Jazz asks why she isn’t in the match but Lawler reminds her that she just had a match last night and he wants her to rest her “injuries”. She tries to add that Trish also had a match but Lawler quickly makes his escape before she finds out the real reason he doesn’t want her in the match…

Back with the announcers, Mick and JR talk about the next match up which pits Hardcore Holly and Test against the WWF European Champion Rikishi and The Undertaker. Mick adds while reviewing clips of last night’s Vengeance that the Undertaker is a vicious SOB and that he won’t take the sneak attack likely by any means. JR says that Test better have said his prayers because if Taker gets his hands on him, his end will be near!

Match 2: Test and Hardcore Holly vs. WWF European Champion Rikishi and the Undertaker

Holly and Rikishi started off the match, Holly backing Rikishi off into his corner beating him down with some boots and fists. Holly tagged in Test and the two went to work on Rikishi despite the protests of Taker taking Rikishi down with a chop block/clothesline takedown the crowd surprised by how hard Rikishi hit the ground. Test mouthed off to the Undertaker, aggravating the Deadman as much as possibly before getting a near fall off a leg drop. Foley comments that Test’s big legs really must add to the pain of the leg drop, JR unsure if it works that way. Mick says he’s just glad that Test isn’t a Hardcore Wrestling anymore. Test tries hard to keep Rikishi down on the mat driving his knee into the back of Rikishi before locking in a chin lock. Rikishi isn’t just going to give up though, powering out, using his hard fists and head butts to get Test off him. Test nearly landed himself in serious trouble when an attempt to get back in the match, caused him to get backed body dropped by Rikishi and almost sat on, if not for Test’s quick thinking, Test tagging in Holly quicker than a hiccup to keep his team in the match. It was clear Hardcore Holly didn’t like Rikishi using stiff shots to his head and his back to keep Rikishi down. Taker was desperate to get into this match and the fans were cheering on Rikishi to make the tag but Holly wouldn’t let him. Rikishi finally got his break when Holly tried a whip attempt, which Rikishi countered, Rikishi hitting a desperation belly to belly suplex on Holly taking the life out both of them. Rikishi though made the tag and Taker flew in cleaning house with multiple clothes on both Holly and Test. Test shortly after was taken out of the ring with a running boot followed by Holly getting taken down with a fallaway slam. Taker signalled that the end was here and the fans were eating it up, Taker grabbing hold of Holly before sending him to hell with a huge chokeslam, the fans getting to their feet. After the slam Taker went over and tagged the man, who 12 months ago, he threw off the top of the Hell in the Cell and to finish the job the fans stomping and clapping as Rikishi dragged Holly to the corner while Taker made sure Test wasn’t going to be a part of the match, knocking him down to the ground with a right hand when he tried to get back into the ring. Rikishi ended the match with the banzai drop, the whole crowd counting the pin 1,2,3. The Undertaker and Rikishi bt. Hardcore Holly and Test at 7.31. (KOTW Rating - **1/2). After the match, Rikishi and The Undertaker celebrated in the ring as Test walked backwards up the ramp telling the Undertaker that this match wasn’t over, Taking inviting him back to the ring. JR and Foley praise the match wondering what Test’s next plan will be. I can hardly wait! (KOTW Note – The Match adds to the Taker/Test feud which looks like it could go on for a long time).

We go to a commercial break.

When we return, Foley and JR recap once more on the WWF Championship Contendership Main Event at Vengeance talking about how Ron Waterman’s and Vince McMahon’s involved both cost Stone Cold Steve Austin and handed The Rock a WWF Championship Match. JR asks Mick Foley if he thinks it is possible that The Rock could be on the same page as Vince McMahon but Foley doubts it. Foley says The Rock has been there before and that he didn’t like it. Foley believes it’s got to be a coincidence. JR says that both he and the fans hope he is right.

The Rock says

The Rock as expected hit the ring to a mix of cheers and boos for the People’s Champion. The Rock grabs a mic and gets into the ring asking that his music be stopped as he wants to get right down to business. The Rock says that last night, everyone knows that The Rock won the right to fight for the WWF Championship. The Rock says that while he hoped he could walk into Detroit Michigan, New Rock City, and celebrate with all The Rock’s people his major victory, The Rock understands that the fans aren’t happy for him, that The Rock picked up the win unfairly, through the help of Vince McMahon. But The Rock wants to make one thing clear and that is there is no way, and The Rock means no way that The Rock made a pact with Vince McMahon in order to help him become WWF Champion. The Rock doesn’t need Vince’s help. The Rock then put forward the question to the fans of “if you were in a wrestling match, and you saw a guy unconscious in front of you, and that could take you to the biggest match in the business? You wouldn’t cover him?” The Rock says that if you said you wouldn’t, then The Rock believes you’re a liar. (Foley says that he has to agree with The Rock. He argues that unlike Austin at Wrestlemania X7, the situation was different. “The Rock was not joining sides”. JR is still unsure about the situation). All of a sudden, Vince McMahon’s music hits the arena and out steps Vince McMahon, walking down to the ring in an angry swagger, closely followed by his bodyguard, Ron Waterman. Vince says that he understands that The Rock doesn’t want to upset the fans but The Rock has just come to a crossroads. Vince says that The Rock has 2 choices, he can both a) stay with the people and try his luck on becoming the WWF Champion once again, or b) he can do what he was possibly meant to do and join him…effectively tell the people to kiss his ass. So Vince wants to know…who The Rock is going to choose. The Rock raises his eyebrow, looking around at the arena as a small Rocky chant starts. The Rock looks at Vince McMahon and asks him, “You want The Rock to turn on the people? The people who created The Rock? The Rock’s people?” Vince begins to stutter something but The Rock finishes it with “IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK”. “The Only thing that matters is that The Rock goes onto next week on RAW, This week on Smackdown, a month’s time at Royal Rumble, face Vince McMahon, 1 on 1 and walk out the WWF Champion!” Vince tells The Rock to think about what he’s doing because after all, actions lead to consequences and The Rock won’t lack Vince’s consequences. The Rock tells Vince he can bring whatever the hell he wants to, whatever consequences he has planned for The Rock because The Rock is going to shine them up all real nice, turn them all sideways and stick them straight up Vince’s and his boy toys candy ass! Waterman gets really offended by The Rock’s remarks and looks ready to pounce but Vince tells him that he has a solution. “Something that might change The Rock’s mind….a match…..The Rock vs. Ron Waterman…TONIGHT!” The Rock doesn’t look even the slightest bit bothered but Waterman looks ready to go. Vince says the Rock better be prepared because tonight, Vince is going to send The Rock straight to hell, and that’s a guarandamntee! Vince and Waterman then made the way from the arena The Rock pacing up and down the ring while Foley and JR discussed what Vince just said.

Foley believed that Vince McMahon was a cold hearted son of a bitch that would do whatever the hell he could to make people’s lives a living hell and that if The Rock isn’t careful, The Rock may not even make it to his title shot. JR felt that it’s wrong that a wrestler should be in fear for their life and their career but Foley argued that The Rock was not scared one bit.

Match 3: WWF Hardcore Champion Key vs. Tommy Dreamer

-(KOTW Note – Before Dreamer hit the ring, Key and Charles Wright came to the ring and spoke about the Hardcore Championship victory last night. Wright believed that the right man won the match and that WWF fans will now truly experience how extreme Hardcore can be now that Key is the WWF Hardcore Champion. Wright says he understands that RVD is currently resting at home after he injured himself in a match last night and that he hopes RVD returns soon so that he can beat him to hell once again. Dreamer then hit the ring, Singapore cane in hand, and began going on about that if Key wanted Extreme, then Dreamer would take him to the extreme starting off an “EC Dub” chant. Wright quickly got out of the ring and slid into the ring a chair so that Key also had a weapon against Dreamer’s Singapore cane). Both men immediately started swinging their weapons at each other the weapons colliding with no man prepared Dreamer finally making Key give way with a kick to the midsection followed by a hard cane shot across the head. Dreamer continued the assault hitting Key with a neckbreaker while using the cane going for a quick cover but Key managed to kick out. Dreamer got back to his feet; Key already busted open and grabbed hold of a steel chair raising it to the crowd. Dreamer swung the chair back to hit Key but Wright grabbed hold of the chair from behind him giving Key the opportunity to hit Dreamer with a low blow. Key grabbed hold of Dreamers cane and started to beat Dreamer hard with stick until it broke in two. Key had had enough of the games with Dreamer and heavily beat down on Dreamer before lodging Dreamer’s leg in the chair and began climbing up top (Foley said that you can’t blame Key for this type of behaviour, he was brought up on this behaviour and he doesn’t just want to beat opponents, he wants to hurt them). Key hit a diving stomp on the chair, the chair disfiguring around Dreamer’s knee Dreamer in a lot of pain. Key stood around posing for the crowd as Dreamer was unable to get back to his feet. Key ended the match seconds later hitting Dreamer with the Victimizer for the 3 the crowd booing loudly as Wright got back in the ring to hand his client the title belt and raise his arm. Key bt. Tommy Dreamer at 4:23. (KOTW Rating - ** ¾). Foley and JR discuss Key and Charles Wright both agreeing that now that RVD is out of the way, it will be interesting to see if any WWF superstar is hardcore enough to actually take on Key for the WWF Hardcore Championship. JR asks Foley if he’d do it but Foley laughs saying maybe in a former life. (KOTW Note – Key is looking unbeatable at the moment and it will be interesting to see who he faces next).

We got another commercial break…

When we return the announce team of JR and Foley welcome us back, Foley telling the fans that if they only just returned, they missed a hell of a hardcore match but the night is no where near over. JR seconds the statement saying that we are moments away from the first ever Fatal Four Way Bra and Panties Match for the WWF Women’s Championship. Foley said that it’s better than any other type of Elimination Match on the planet and he was fortunate enough to have refereed one in the past. JR adds that this sort of match is “typical King” but Foley said it doesn’t matter who it is typical of, he just wants to call the match. “So get the women out here now!”

Match 4: A Fatal Four Way Bra and Panties Match for the WWF Women’s Championship - Trish © vs. Ivory vs. Molly Holly vs. Stacy Keibler

(KOTW Note – All four women came to the ring looking quite serious for a bra and panties match. It was noted that Molly Holly has officially dropped the Might Molly gimmick behind the scenes with no word as to why.) The match starts off with Trish spearing Ivory and Molly Holly and Stacy taking the fight to the outside of the ring. Ivory hits Trish with a drop kick and tries to take off Trish’s top but Trish fights Ivory off. Molly on the outside hits Stacy with a back body drop and she succeeds on pulling Stacy’s sweat pants off. Suddenly, Lance Storm’s music hits the ring and Storm quickly hits the ring with a chair in hand driving off all the women out of the arena. Storm demands that Lillian hand him the mic, Storm telling the audience that he demands that the fans shut up and listen because he wants to be serious for a moment. Storm says that despite his best efforts last night on Sunday Night Heat, it seems that Jerry the King Lawler doesn’t get that he is in fact a man that doesn’t joke. Storm gets seriously booed from the audience making it incredibly difficult for Storm to deliver his speech. Suddenly, the APA hit the arena to the crowds delight Bradshaw quickly getting on the microphone. Bradshaw says he and Faarooq were having a good game of cards backstage watching the bra and panties match on the small screen when they see a dumb Canadian asshole come on screen complaining about his life. “Damn” says Faarooq. Bradshaw says that if anyone should be complaining about how crap life is at the moment, it should be the APA after they got screwed last night by the Dudley Boyz. Bradshaw said that, that little runt Spike came to them begging for their prediction and they didn’t charge them or nothing and that’s how he repays them. It just not right! Welcome the Dudley Boyz to the arena. Bubba says that he wanted to congratulate Bradshaw and Faarooq on their title win but..wait…THEY DIDN’T WIN! Bubba continues that as much as he’d like to take this time to verbally bash the APA, there is someone that has a few words to say to them and he hands the mic over to Spike. The crowd evidently don’t like Spike and give him a mouth full but Spike doesn’t care. He says that when he went over to the APA, he legitimately wanted their help, but just like most wrestlers in this business, the APA didn’t want to help him out, they only were after the tag team titles. Spike said then he realised that if the APA were no different to the Dudley Boyz, then why leave the champions? It just didn’t make sense. Spike said it was easier than expected making peace with his brothers and that if he had the choice to do it again, he would, as he particularly enjoyed attacking Bradshaw from behind. Bradshaw asked “you like attacking men from behind? Are you gay or something?” “DAMN!” says Faarooq once more. Bradshaw adds that obviously there is nothing wrong with being gay, which causes Faarooq to look at Bradshaw funny like he’s just told a great lie. Bradshaw then challenged the Dudley Boyz, if they were so tough, to come down to the ring and prove it. Lance Storm butted in once more adding that he isn’t a part of any of this and that he just wants to be heard, everyone, including the women who are still at ringside look at him confused. Bradshaw looks at Faarooq saying “Maybe he wants to come out of the closet too” This causes Lance Storm to protest heavily everyone complaining in the arena when Jerry Lawler appears on the titantron. Lawler says that he has two areas of business to deal with.

1)Lawler says that he realises that last night on Vengeance, the APA were seriously screwed by the Dudley Boyz, but he’s come up with a solution. Later this week, on Smackdown, we’re going to have a 6 Man Tag Team Match. On one side, we’re going to have Bubba, D-Von and Spike Dudley. And on the other side of the ring, we’re going to have, Faarooq, Bradshaw and the WWF Cruiserweight Champion, Tajiri. The crowd graciously respond to the match.

2) Lawler appreciates that Lance Storm wants to be Taken Serious and he will. Because on Smackdown, he will go one on one with none other than THE UNDERTAKER!

Lawler thanks the fans and hopes they enjoy the Main Event which is NEXT

We go to a WWF commercial advertising the Royal Rumble

When the show returns, Foley and JR hype up the matches for later this week on Smackdown before turning their intention to the Main Event between Ron Waterman and The #1 Contender for the WWF Championship, The Rock.

Match 5: No Disqualification Match - The Rock vs. Ron Waterman

-(KOTW Note – Vince McMahon is at ringside for this match up. As Waterman and McMahon made their way to the ring, the ring announcer announced that this match was a no disqualification match shocking both the audience and the announcers. A note for the record books is that Ron Waterman’s debut match is the Main Event of RAW. When The Rock’s music, The Rock charged from the entrance down to the ring sliding in and getting straight down to business). The Rock went straight on the attacking taking it to Waterman with huge right hands before taking down Waterman with a belly to belly suplex. The Rock got Waterman quickly in the corner mouthing off as he beat him down. Waterman looked like he was not going to have a successful match when moments later, The Rock had Waterman on the ground locking in the sharpshooter but Vince broke it up, making The Rock very angry. Waterman saved McMahon with a low blow on The Rock before hitting The Rock with a huge power slam off the ropes getting a 2 count. Waterman locked The Rock in a side bear hug, JR explaining that the bear hug squeezes the life out of you. The Rock tries to power out of the move but gets hit with his trouble with a side slam Waterman getting another close 2 count. Waterman takes The Rock to the outside of the ring beating him down with hard right hands before having a whip attempt into the steel steps reversed from The Rock, Waterman crashing in hard. Before The Rock takes the advantage, The Rock gets blindsided with a clothesline by Vince McMahon. Waterman gets back to his feet and whips The Rock into the steel post busting The Rock’s head open. Waterman gets The Rock back in the ring beating him down with some hard stomps. Waterman hits a huge German Suplex on The Rock and goes for another cover but only gets a 2, Vince McMahon acting like a cheerleader on the outside. Waterman continues on the offensive getting another 2 count from a backbreaker. The Rock crawls to the ropes but Vince is waiting and chokes The Rock on the bottom rope while Waterman is distracting the referee. Waterman celebrates in the ring while Vince McMahon taunts some fans on the outside showing them his WWF Championship. Waterman gets The Rock but and goes for some right hands but The Rock blocks them hitting right hands of his own before attempting to lock in Waterman’s bear hug. Waterman cleverly squirms out of the hold however getting behind The Rock hitting him with a German Release Suplex taking the life out of The Rock. Waterman, getting more and more confident, grabs hold of The Rock again and goes for a second German Release Suplex, The Rock landing on his head hard, JR commenting that The Rock could lose this one. Foley comments how impressive it would be for Ron Waterman to beat the Number One Contender for the WWF Championship on his debut match. Waterman lifts The Rock up again and goes for a third German Suplex but this time The Rock fights out with his elbows before hitting Waterman with a German Suplex of his own. The Rock is hugely supported by the audience. Both men lay flat on the ground as the referee Tim White begins the 10 count. Both men begin to rise up on the 8, both hitting each other with right hands, before Waterman has a whip attempt reversed, Waterman ending up being hit with a belly to belly suplex by The Rock. The Rock hooks the leg as White counts but Vince McMahon pulls him out of the ring once again getting involved in the match. The Rock looks up and looks at Vince before quickly diving out of the ring and chasing Vince around the outside of the ring and then back in but Waterman cuts The Rock off with a clothesline. Waterman hits a scoop slam on The Rock before climbing up the turnbuckle. Waterman connects with an elbow drop on The Rock and goes for the cover but only gets the 2 once more. No one in the audience or announce team can believe The Rock is still awake. Waterman pulls The Rock out of the ring, Waterman hitting The Rock with huge right hands to the approval of Vince, but Waterman has another whip reversed Waterman running straight into Vince. Waterman and The Rock get back into the ring, The Rock hitting Waterman with a huge spinebuster, a huge “Rocky” chanting starts. The Rock then hits the people’s elbow on Waterman before going for the cover but Vince McMahon slides a chair into the ring before getting himself and breaking up the count. The Rock hits the co-owner of the WWF with a huge right hand knocking him down but Waterman takes The Rock down with a chop block to the back of the knee before locking in the keylock hyper-extending The Rock’s arm. Vince gets back to his feet and sticks some boots in on the Rock but then…THE GLASS BREAKS! STONE COLD IS HERE! (JR goes crazy at the arrival of Stone Cold, Foley laughing at JR). Stone Cold runs down to the ring getting in and breaks up the submission from Waterman, before throwing Vince McMahon out of the ring. Waterman tries to attack Austin from behind but for his trouble, he feels the STUNNER! Vince McMahon pulls himself back to his feet on the outside but Austin quickly spots him and starts to chase after him, Vince running up the ramp as fast as he can as Austin stalks him, leaving The Rock and Waterman alone in the ring. The Rock struggles to get back to his feet while Waterman is barely moving. The Rock eventually signals for it. ROCKBOTTOM ON WATERMAN! The Rock covers Waterman……….1…….2.......3. The Rock bt. Ron Waterman at 19.55. (KOTW Rating - ****) The Rock ends the match climbing the turnbuckles saluting the fans as JR and Foley summarise, claiming that Stone Cold has obviously decided who he feels is to blame for Vengeance. (KOTW Note - Good build up Match to the WWF Championship Match between The Rock and Vince McMahon and a good way to build up Waterman).

The show ends with the cameras focusing on The Rock celebrating as JR and Mick thank us for watching! TILL NEXT TIME!

Edited by DaveKOTW