• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Thursday 13th December 2001

Smackdown Preview

13 is an Unlucky Number

Austin interferes in McMahon's business once more

Earlier this week on RAW, Stone Cold Steve Austin interfered in a match between Ron Waterman and The Rock in what was supposed to be punishment for The Rock snubbing Vince's offer to join him forfeiting the WWF Championship Match that he won the right to have at Vengeance. How will Vince McMahon retaliate? Or will the Rattlesnake get another one over McMahon. Will Jerry Lawler just sit by and watch this happen? Who knows....

Will Lawler have the answer for Angle and Jericho?

Last monday, Jerry Lawler told the world that he felt that something had to be done with and about the current situation with Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho. Jerry Lawler promised that he'd come up with something for them but he is yet to disclose it. Will he disclose it tonight? And how will Angle and Jericho take this news?

Unbeatable?

Last Monday on RAW, Key, managed by Charles Wright, destroyed Tommy Dreamer in the middle of the ring to mark his first WWF Hardcore Title defense. With the manner in which he destroyed Dreamer, people have began to wonder if anyone can in fact beat Key. Who will step up to the bat tonight to face the Hardcore Champion? Will the be able to succeed?

Finally taken Seriously?

After continuous whining over the last few weeks, you would have thought that Lance Storm would have been grateful that he is now back on main stream TV....if he was against any other Wrestler than The Undertaker. The Undertaker has been in dominant form as of late winning the last 3 matches he's been in. Can Lance Storm cause an upset or will the Deadman make Storm famous?

To find the answers to all of these questions, tune into Smackdown 8/7 CT on UPN

Scheduled Matches

WWF Hardcore Champion Key Open Challenge

Lance Storm vs. The Undertaker

The APA and Tajiri vs. The Dudley Boyz and Spike

Edited by DaveKOTW

sorry i'm lagging on responding to VEN ...

ok, nice little intro and of course we have trish winning.

Tajiri winning makes sense, I just wished Marc could have won without getting the title. He needs to be pushed. Damnit.

RVD needed to be free of the Hardcore division and we have it. Good rub for Key, good release for RVD .... yay !

Ok, we knew that neither the Duds nor Taker would lose. Yes, I wanted Test to win, but you wrote it out and presented Test very well. You got him across correctly, so losing to Taker here is ok. He got the rub/push he needed. Just make sure you continue it now .... damnit.

Kane was going over, no surprise. Wish he'd have eaten Team Xtreme in the process.

Main Event ... fuck the Rock. I like the way you wrote it and made it seem, because it works. Just you know, fuck the Rock is all I'm saying.

Solid PPV ... and you've hit the ground running towards WM .... let's see it happen

Wasnt the Minnesota Stretching Crew Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin? :blink:

It was a good show, i look forward to Smackdown, though i dont like seeing The Rock in there, his time at the top really ended around now, with guys like Jericho and HHH (i know hes injured) at the top of the company

Wasnt the Minnesota Stretching Crew Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin? :blink:

It was a good show, i look forward to Smackdown, though i dont like seeing The Rock in there, his time at the top really ended around now, with guys like Jericho and HHH (i know hes injured) at the top of the company

Edited by DaveKOTW

I have been meaning to get around to leaving feedback but it's what tooth ache can do to you lol.

A pretty good show coming off the PPV and i like where your going with this it has me very interested and what else might happen, WWF Hardcore Champion Key Open Challenge now that has my attention so i will be looking forward to Smackdown and i hope The Undertaker kill's Lance Storm (Y) .

Keep up the good work man i would leave a little more feedback but my mouth is killing lol and it's Halloween no sweet's :thumbsdown:

Alright my thoughts for the Pay-Per-View are a little late, but they are here!

A good way to start of the PPV with the Women's Title Match which was only on Vengeance. I wish Jazz would have won, but the aftermath to the match made everything up for me. Storm looking to form an alliance with Jazz after attacking Trish, but SWERVE! Good way to start the PPV and getting people wondering.

Tajiri v Mero, nothing really to say here. Seems as is the match was a bit long, but I guess you had to drag out the PPV a bit. I told you I didn't like Mero and good thing he didn't get the belt. Tajiri as Champion I think is fine for now.

Key winning the title isn't something I really like, but it is the Hardcore Title so anything happens with that belt. Hopefully you know push RVD a little higher up and Key just has a short reign.

Not a bad segment with Vince here. Seems a little bit out there, but I think I got the point across. Again, probably just a time filler.

Yes, I knew something like this would have happened. Spike turning on the APA makes perfect sense and adds a great finish to the match. This feud should continue as the proper finish didn't happen, but a good ending to the match, especially the Double Stomp from Spike!

Another odd segment, this time with Angle, but got it's point across, again another filler?

Wow, a very well written match here. You really put Test over well here making him fight his heart out. It really seemed he could have taken the match a few times. Of course Taker is the one victorious, but I think Test can be in line for a title push, maybe?

Wow, not even 5 minutes. Kane is shown to be a monster here. And he goes crazy after the match, I like it. Push this monster and don't unmask him...please!

Edge v Stasiak wasn't as bad as I expected. The finish came off good in my mind and Edge losing like that wasn't a bad idea. I am just happy you kept the title away from Stasiak.

Test getting revenge, I love it. His fear seems to be gone for good. This feud continuing should be fun.

Stone Cold promo's always oh so fun, but how are you not going to have a Rock promo. I am a bit upset there, but now it is main event time baby.

Wow, I am amazed by the writing in this match. Everything seemed so perfect and I loved all the different possibilities that could have happened. The one you selected I think is the best selection though as having Austin being screwed by Vince again is always classic and The Rock getting a title shot should be sweet.

The show isn't over yet though, of course, the big announcement. Jerry the fuckin' King Lawler! What?! Wow, that is wild and very random guy, but I like it. It goes way off the board, but it makes everything go in a total different direction which is a good thing in a past time diary. King is now partners with a man he hates, Vince. Wow, I am going to love to see where everything goes from here.

Great Vengeance and a good follow up with RAW as well. I am liking the direction you are heading with King. Keep this up man.

Also note, Waterman did actually start the team with Lesnar of the Minnesota Stretching Crew. He was a former UFC worked signed by WWE and teamed with Lesnar right away in OVW. It didn't last long as he wasn't so good in the ring just yet so went to work with HWA. Finally, he got fired a few months later and that is how Benjamin got the job to team with Lesnar as he needed a new partner after the absence of Waterman.

IPB Image

Thursday 13th December 2001

Smackdown! Live from the Grand Rapids, Michigan!

The show opened (live from the Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan) with a recap of WWF RAW where The Rock took Ron Waterman on in the Main Event. The clips show how Vince McMahon used all of his might to try and influence the match up and he almost did…if it were not for the Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin and The Rock are on the same page? The Smackdown then begins before hitting the ring, pyros exploding everywhere as Michael Cole and Tazz welcome us to a Great Night of Sports Entertainment starting right away with a 6 Man Tag Team Match.

Match 1: Bubba, D-Von and Spike Dudley vs. the APA and Tajiri

(KOTW Note – Good way to start off Smackdown; Torrie Wilson comes down to ring side but doesn’t come down to the ring with Tajiri). Faarooq and D-Von slug it out at the start. D-Von tries to get on the offensive but gets a shoulder charge for his trouble followed by a scoop slam on D-Von. Faarooq tags in Bradshaw and the two wrestlers double team D-Von with a 2 man suplex. Bradshaw goes for a cover but only gets a 2. D-Von makes the tag to Bubba and Bubba goes to work on Bradshaw, stiff punches before doing the old suck it routine before hitting Bradshaw with his elbow. Tajiri wants and goes straight for Bubba attacking with hard chops and such, Tajiri looking completely on top until Bubba reverses an irish whip, Tajiri getting hit with a flapjack. Bubba for some reason seemed in a bad mood today and wanted to make someone pay. Bubba slammed Tajiri hard across the ring and then tagged in Spike who hit, just as he did at Vengeance, the double footed stomp onto the chest of Tajiri. Spike goes for the cover but only gets the 2. Spike tags back in Bubba who hits Tajiri with another scoop slam. Bubba stands over the injured Japanese Buzsaw mouthing off to the APA, Torrie Wilson standing on the outside as if she just isn’t interested. Bubba looks around taunting the crowd before attempting to hit a leg drop but Tajiri gets out of the way and tries to crawl back to his corner, both members of the APA, there arms stretched but D-Von grabs him before he can make the tag and pulls him back to their side, causing Bradshaw to try and do something. This however exacerbated the situation allowing the Dudleyz to triple team Tajiri while Bradshaw and Faarooq distracted the referee unintentionally. D-Von comes back in and hits Tajiri with the spinning elbow smash. D-Von went for another cover but again a 2. D-Von attempted to keep Tajiri with him in the ring but all costs but Tajiri wasn’t ready to give up just yet. Fighting back with all his might, Tajiri hit an enziguri on D-Von before tagging in Bradshaw with the hot tag. Bradshaw went mental. First he clotheslined down Bubba, and then he whipped D-Von into the ropes hitting him with the big boot. Spike tried his luck with a crossbody off the top but Bradshaw caught him mid flight shaking his head before hitting him with a fallaway slam. Bubba and D-Von try to get on the back of Bradshaw double teaming him with a hard offence but Faarooq comes in to make the save, kicking D-Von to the gut and throwing him out ring while Bubba gets hit with the clothesline from hell for the 3. the APA and Tajiri bt Bubba, Dvon and Spike at 7.55. (KOTW Rating - ** 1.2). After the match Tajiri got into the ring to celebrate with the two APA but once again, Torrie Wilson was missing. Tajiri searched around everywhere but she just walked off. Michael Cole said Marc Mero has finally got into the heads of this young couples relationship and no one knows what’s going to become of these 2 now. Tazz however thought it was obvious…

Answers Please King

Backstage, the camera focuses on the door to the office of the co-owner of the WWF, Jerry Lawler. Finally the door opens and out steps Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho. The first voice we hear is Kurt Angle who shouts at the top of his voice that this situation is a disgrace. Lawler tells him that he needs more time, but Jericho quickly adds that he doesn’t care. Jericho underlines his feelings that he is the top man in the wrestling business and if he doesn’t get the respect he deserves, he’s going to leave and go somewhere else. Lawler mockingly asks, “Where? WCW? ECW?” laughing at Jericho as Jericho tries to maintain his dignity. Lawler tells them once more to chill out and that he’ll have an answer for them by RAW. Lawler closes the door on the two Superstars who don’t waste their time blaming each other for what wrong. Angle maintains that if Jericho hadn’t lost his cool, then they’d have their problem sorted. Jericho bites back mocking Angle’s last comment, once again remarking that he is indeed a jackass. “WCW? ECW?” Angle shouts out telling him that loyalty is the key to success, just like Angle was during the Invasion. Angle gestures that Jericho is hopeless before walking off but Jericho isn’t done attacking Angle from behind. Jericho quickly locks in the Walls of Jericho bending Angle at a sharp Angle as referees and backstage staff members run to the scene to try and break it up. Jericho adds walking away from the scene that he can take Angle anytime anywhere, Angle reluctantly being helped to his feet.

Vince is with the Coach

Further backstage, Mr McMahon and his bodyguard Ron Waterman are ready to be interviewed by Jonathan Coachman. The Coach, in his typical sucking up fashion, gracefully thanks Vince for giving him the honour of interviewing him. Vince however said that he unfortunately for the Coach; he was not here for an interview but instead was here, to make an announcement. Vince said that he can’t help but be confused by the actions of Stone Cold last RAW. Vince said he understood why Stone Cold was angry at Vince but he wasn’t the only one to blame and that a certain amount of the blame almost must lie on The Rock. Vince adds that while he understands that Austin has not accepted that, he is sure he will when The Rock’s dishonestly is revealed at the Royal Rumble when The Rock lies down and lets Vince McMahon retain the WWF Championship. Vince continues by saying that for now, he’ll let Austin live in his own little delusional world because tonight, there is going to be a handicap match, where on one side, we see The Rock and Stone Cold, and on the other side, my bodyguard and one man demolition crew, Ron Waterman. Vince promises that tonight, The Rock and Austin will pay. Vince and Waterman walk off leaving the Coach to think about what just happened, Cole and Tazz hyping up the newly announced Main Event.

Match 2: WWF Hardcore Championship Open Challenge – Key © (w/Charles Wright) vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

(KOTW Note – When Key and Charles Wright hit the ring, Wright got on the mic and said that the WWF fans are looking at the future of Hardcore Wrestling. Wright says that Key is the most agile 300lber in the history of the Wrestling industry and that is why he is having an open challenge because Key will destroy anyone who gets in his way. When Scotty hit the ring, the fans were surprised but not particularly happy as Scotty got a null response from the crowd). Scotty and Key started off the match trading punches. Scotty looks to get the advantage on the match coming back of a whip attempt with a drop kick taking Key to the ground. Scotty however didn’t take the advantage and instead danced for the crowd, allowing Key to get back to his feet. Scotty stopped dancing as he noticed Key staring at him. Scotty turned and smiled holding out his hand in friendship, Key taking it to the surprise of everyone in the audience. Tazz couldn’t believe it more than anyone. It was however short lived, Key not letting go before taking Scotty’s head off with a stiff clothesline. Key grabs hold of Scotty and begins to military press him in front of the crowd dropping him onto his face Scotty landing hard. Wright then slides a chair into the ring and Key grabs it immediately, Tazz remarking that it looks like Key really doesn’t like Scotty. Scotty only just gets back to his feet when he gets hit with the first chair shot knocking him straight down again. Key then goes ape on Scotty hitting him again and again with multiple chair shots before throwing the disfigured chair to the outside of the ring. Key grabs hold of the battered and bruised Scotty shouting at the audience before finishing Scotty off with the Victimizer for the 3, Scotty lying motionless on the floor. Key bt Scotty 2 Hotty at 3.15. (KOTW Rating - **1/2). After the match, Wright gets into the ring raising the hand of Key as the referee hands him his WWF Hardcore Championship belt. Michael Cole wonders if anyone can beat Key? Tazz said he can be sure that right now, there are going to be people who are asking themselves that same question, but he is sure that there are some people out that could take him. Cole asks Tazz if he thinks he could but Tazz quickly moves on. We don’t want Cole talking crazy now!

Missing?

Shawn Stasiak is backstage chatting with the lovely Stacy Keibler when Lawler walks past him. Stasiak quickly excuses himself and grabs hold of Lawler telling him that he’d like a word. Lawler drops his hand off him quickly looking very annoyed. Lawler tells him that he’s busy but Stasiak says it won’t take a minute. Lawler reluctantly accepts asking Stasiak what he wants. Stasiak wants to know where Edge is because some of the boys in the back have been saying that Edge is too scared to show up. Lawler laughs enquiring as to whether Stasiak has any proof of that, maybe in the form of a tape he can listen to…since he enjoys recording people’s conversations. Stasiak tells him that he’s out of line but Lawler tells him that he doesn’t give a damn. Lawler says that right now, Torrie Wilson is missing, Tajiri can’t find her anywhere and that they have half the staff looking for her. So if Stasiak doesn’t have anything worthwhile to say, Lawler would appreciate that he’d get out of his face. Lawler adds that if he wants another shot at Edge’s IC Championship, why not challenge him? Stasiak tells Lawler he can’t if he’s not here but Lawler walks off ignoring Stasiak’s remarks. Stasiak looks pissed. (Michael Cole remarks that Stasiak has got an ego so big that he’s surprised it doesn’t cause damage to the Ozone. Tazz on the other hand believes Stasiak will one day make a great IC Champion, Cole strongly disagreeing).

I Can Dig That

“Hey, you know who I am! I’m the 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time WCW Champion. You think just because the Alliance is dead that I’m gone? Hell no! …come the Royal Rumble…The Booker Man Will Return! NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT? SUCCCCCCCCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

We return to the arena and Michael Cole and Tazz are hyping up the next match between Lance Storm and The Undertaker. Michael Cole reminds us that The Undertaker has been on a roll winning the last 3 matches on the trot and that he’s looking to make it 4 tonight. Tazz reminds Michael Cole and the audience that his opponent Lance Storm is one tough customer and that if people are under the impression that it’s going to be a walk over, then they are all in for a surprise!

Match 3: Lance Storm vs. The Undertaker

(KOTW Note – Michael Cole adds as The Undertaker is coming down to the ring that he is facing the first entrant into the Royal Rumble.) The match starts of prematurely on the ramp way when the Undertaker is attacked from behind by Storm. The fight progresses with punches to and fro from both competitors as the two make their way to the bottom of the ramp and then into the crowd, the Undertaker quickly gaining control. Taker dictates the fight through the crowd, obviously holding the strong punches, with both fighters eventually getting back in the ring allowing the bell to officially ring. Storm lands himself in big trouble very quickly with a boot to the face getting Storm caught and landing Taker an early 2 count. Taker gets back to his feet beating Storm with elbows before going for a brainbuster Taker going for the pin again but once more a 2. Taker starts losing his patience with Storm, bringing Storm back to his feet, marking out the arena of the head that he wants to hit Storm but Storm somehow gets the block in and eye rakes the Undertaker. Taker, furious, tries to follow Storm who is hightailing it. Storm surprises Taker with a sneak attacking, hanging him out to dry on the ropes. Tazz says he’s said it once and he’ll say it again, “Lance Storm knows what he’s doing in the ring”. Taker gets taken down with a springboard lariat Storm taking him to the ground before beating away on the face of Taker to the loud boos of the audience. Storm climbs up the turnbuckle egging on Taker to get to his feet before taking him down again with a missile dropkick going for a cover but only getting a 2 count. Storm gets right back on Taker locking in a sleeper hold on him but Taker is too strong for Storm lifting him up and ramming him into the corner time after time till he left go. Storm goes back at him but gets hit with an elbow for trouble but that doesn’t sway Mr. Canada. He goes back for a second time and this time gets hit with a sidewalk slam. Is this the end of Storm? 1…………2……..Storm gets his shoulder up. Taker grabs hold of Storm mouthing off at him and throws him outside of the ring Storm crashing against the barricade. Taker climbs out of the ring and grabs hold of Storm and bounces his head off the barricade. Storm then gets whipped into the steel steps, the sound of flesh on steel echoing through the arena. Taker continues to bad mouth off to the Canadian as he goes for a whip into the steel post but this time Taker is the one looking foolish as Storm reverses it. Taker bounces off of it and straight into a DDT. But Storm is on the outside. Storm tries to drag Taker back into the ring but Storm is finding it hard, Taker acting as a dead weight. Storm finally rolls him in the ring and gets the cover but Taker gets the shoulder up on the two, Storm slamming his hands hard against the canvas. (What will it take to put Taker away?) Storm gets back to his feet and slowly climbs the turnbuckle while Taker also is getting up. Storm just took too long to get there because Taker was there for him. (“oh no” shouts Cole) CHOKESLAM OFF THE TOP TURNBUCKLE! Storm crashes hard against the canvas, Taker looking down on him. (“Will taker pin him?” asks Cole) NO! Taker raises his arm! It’s time for the LAST RIDE! (“But Wait! Says Tazz) as Taker drops Storm as the response to a CHAIR SHOT! BY TEST! The Undertaker bt. Lance Storm by DQ. The crowd boo as Test stands in the ring a chair in hand and a grin on his face. Taker turns around only to get hit with a second chair shot. Test grabs hold of Taker and kicks him in the gut! PUMPHANDLE SLAM BY TEST! The crowd boo as Test poses for the crowd, Storm getting back to his feet and beating down on Taker. Storm gets out of the ring and makes his way back up the ramp while Test stands over Taker, smiling sadistically over the destroyed Undertaker. Taker looks down at Taker for a good 2 minutes straight before eventually starting to consider leaving the ring but something stops him. The Undertaker getting back to his feet slowly, very slowly in fact but he never quite makes it because Test turns around and hits him hard in the face with his big boot! Michael Cole protests at the sickness of Test as Taker goes crashing down to the canvas once more. Test stands over Taker some more to make sure the job is done before leaving the ring to a huge amount of boos from the fans. (KOTW Note – The Fans hate Test so much!)

We take a commercial break to advertise the Royal Rumble once more

After the break, Michael Cole and Tazz recap on the previous match, Michael Cole using as many words as he can to describe how disgusted he is with the actions of Test. Cole says that he is sure when The Undertaker is ready, he will get sweet revenge on Test.

Now to the main event, kicking off shortly, Michael Cole and Tazz discuss the relationship that Stone Cold and The Rock have had over the last year and despite all that has happened, the still seem to be getting on. Tazz adds that Stone Cold however has refused to give an interview tonight which could mean that it’s not exactly the perfect relationship. Michael Cole responds “as that maybe, The Rock is backstage with the Coach”.

Know your Role

The Rock stands backstage with the Coach and before the Coach even finishes his first question, gets a mouthful from The Rock, who asks whether The Coach has had a breath mint this evening. The Coach smells his breath with his hand, demanding an explanation from The Rock but The Rock tells him to shut up. He says he can’t quite put his finger on what the smell is…..Then he asks, “Coach have you been sucking McMahon’s strudel again?” The Coach tries to explain but The Rock tells him to just go way and then kicks him away. The Rock then greets the fans in his usual way, underlining the point that Stone Cold and The Rock are partners. The Rock says that both he and Stone Cold know about the past, and both of them don’t let sleeping dogs lie, but the fact of the matter is that despite how much The Rock hates Stone Cold, and vica versa, The Rock and Stone Cold hate Vince McMahon more. That’s why tonight The Rock and Stone Cold are going to beat the living hell out of McMahon’s prize monkey, Ron Waterman. The Rock adds that once they beat his prize monkey, they are gonna shine his bald head, shine it up real nice, just like Stone Cold’s, then they’re going to turn Waterman sideways, and stick it straight up Vince McMahon’s candy ass! IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!

Backstage

Vince McMahon is backstage walking to the ring with Ron Waterman talking him up mentioning something about the advantage when Jerry Lawler butts turning Vince’s smile, upside down. McMahon asks Lawler what he wants, but Lawler doesn’t continue with the courtesy. Lawler says it straight. “2-on-1 handicap match? Something doesn’t smell right Vince” exclaims Lawler. A grin appears on Vince’s face once more, Vince assuring Lawler that everything is “in order” telling Lawler to watch the match. Lawler says he will but demands Vince doesn’t not play any games tonight. Lawler reminds Vince that so far, he’s let him handle the WWF title match ups but if he doesn’t behave fairly, he’ll have no choice but to step in. Vince gets in Lawler’s face and looks as if he’s about to make a threat but then backs down. Vince tells Lawler that he’s got to escort Waterman to his match, but he’ll see him later. (“What’s up with that?” asks Michael Cole but Tazz doesn’t have an answer!)

Match 4: The Rock and Stone Cold vs. Ron Waterman

The Rock and Austin both make their ways to the ring and after the two of them have saluted the fans, they both stand at different sides of the ring looking at each other, Michael Cole commenting that you can see that there is no love lost between the two of them. Ron Waterman finally hits the ring, with Vince McMahon by his side but Vince has a microphone in hand. Vince tells the fans that he has an announcement to make regarding the main event tonight and asks the people in the back to replay his comments from earlier in the night. After they were played, Vince McMahon points out that he said there was a handicap match, where on one side, there would be Stone Cold and The Rock and on the other, Ron Waterman. HOWEVER! Vince did not say it was going to be a 2-on-1 match. That’s why Vince would now like to welcome RON WATERMAN’S PARTNERS! Firstly, a former European and Cruiserweight Champion, X-PAC! X-Pac makes his way up to Vince and shakes the hands of both Waterman and Vince. Vince then announces their partner, the biggest athlete in Sports Entertainment! THE BIG SHOW! The crowd are shocked as the 7ft Giant, The Big Show makes his way to the ring. Show does not look happy to be here and doesn’t shake the hands of either of his opponents but nevertheless, all three of the men make their way down to the ring as the match kicks off...

Match 4: Stone Cold and The Rock vs. Ron Waterman, X-Pac and The Big Show

X-Pac and The Rock kick the match off, with The Rock immediately going on the offensive, whipping X-Pac into the ropes before taking his head off with a clothesline. The Rock backs X-Pac into the corner where he continues the beat down to Waterman tries to get in the ring but The Rock has a hand for him too. X-Pac hits the eye rake on The Rock and whips him into the corner but gets hit with an elbow to the face on his return. The Rock hits an atomic drop on X-Pac before a clothesline and quickly goes for the cover, getting a 2. The Rock tags in Stone Cold, Austin beginning where the Rock started off beating down heavily on X-Pac starting with a Lou Thez press. Austin hit a stiff suplex on X-Pac and went for a cover himself but once again, X-Pac kicking out on the 2. Austin tagged back out to The Rock, who continued to work X-Pac with his right hands, but got caught on the hop by X-Pac who hit him with a spinning heel kick. X-Pac tagged in Ron Waterman who hit a sweet belly to belly suplex on The Rock before going straight to taunt Austin. Waterman eventually decided to make the pin but it was too late and he only got a 2. Waterman locked in arm bar on the Rock and hoisted on the arm, Austin wanting to get into the ring to break up the count but only caused enough distraction for X-Pac to come in and make some cheap shots on The Rock. Waterman decided to let go and continued with a good leg drop hooking The Rock’s leg but The Rock managed to power out at the 2. Waterman tagged X-Pac back in who used his quick feet taking The Rock down with a spinning heel kick going for another cover attempt but The Rock kicked out again on the 2, Vince McMahon losing his temper on the outside. X-Pac tagged back in Waterman who hit The Rock with a scoop slam. Waterman then got down on his hands and knees and began choking the Rock, the referee having to pull Waterman off The Rock. Waterman slowly begins to lift The Rock and The Rock tries to fight his way out with more of his right hands. Waterman however rakes the eyes and tries to whip The Rock into the corner, The Rock countering the move and Waterman going smashing into the corner. Waterman comes out and gets hit with an atomic drop by The Rock before getting knocked down by a clothesline. The Rock however is tired and needs to make the tag. The Rock does make the tag into Austin but due to distraction from the referee and quick thinking by X-Pac, Waterman pulls The Rock back into the ring and they make out that he never made the tag. Waterman hits the Rock with a German Suplex, The Rock landing head first. Waterman tags in The Big Show and Big Show goes over to The Rock, slapping The Rock hard over the chest with his huge hands, the echo deafening. Show hits a second, The Rock’s face telling it as it is. Austin is mouthing off to the Rock telling him to get his ass in gear and making the tag but Show has his huge bear hug on The Rock and Vince McMahon is loving it! The referee goes to check on The Rock. He looks as if he’s out. The Ref raises his hand……….1………………………2…………………..thr.The Rock gets his arm up. The Rock starts to power out of The Big Show, Show looking shocked. The Rock gets out and starts fighting out. The Rock tries to take down The Big Show with hard rights but he doesn’t move. The Rock tries the ropes for leverage. One Clothesline. He doesn’t move. 2 Clothesline. He moved a bit more. Three…oh no! Show has him by the neck! (“Could it be?” asks Cole). The Rock kicks Show in the lower regions and quickly hits a DDT. Both The Rock and Big Show are looking for the tag. The Rock makes it. X-Pac comes in. Austin clotheslines X-Pac down. Waterman attacks Austin from behind. Waterman whips Austin into the ropes but Austin hits him with the Lou Thez Press beating the hell out of him before Waterman rolls out of the ring. X-Pac is back on the attack but Austin takes him down with another clothesline. Big Show tries to get back in the ring but The Rock clears him off with the apron before getting out of the ring following up Big Show. X-Pac is back..STUNNER BY AUSTIN! Austin makes the cover…………1…………..2……..Vince McMahon pulls the referee out of the ring! (“He screwed Austin AGAIN!” shouts Michael Cole). Meanwhile outside, The Rock gets whipped into the steel steps by the Big Show. Austin gets out of the ring and goes for Vince only to get blind sided by Waterman who once again has that lead pipe knocking Austin to the ground. Waterman pushes Austin into the ring drags X-Pac over him………1…………..2………3 Austin was screwed again! Ron Waterman, Big Show and X-Pac bt. The Rock and Stone Cold at 12.12 After the match all 3 of Vince’s team get in the ring with Vince and begin the beat down on Austin. X-Pac first hits Austin with the X-Factor. Big Show then hits the Chokeslam and finally, Waterman with the Sitout Powerbomb! Micheal Cole screams profanities! He says “THIS IS A GOD DAMN DISGRACE!” The show ends with Vince McMahon holding the WWF Championship up to the face of Austin telling him that he’ll never get his hands on the belt before the show fades to black! (KOTW Note – Austin screwed again. Will Austin ever get his revenge on Vince? Good continuance towards the RR).

IPB Image

Sunday 16th December 2001

Heat Preview

Sunday Night Heat showcases some of the finest talent of the World Wrestling Federation in your living room every Sunday Night only on MTV.

TONIGHT ON HEAT

*Diamond Dallas Page vs. Raven (w/Justin Credible)

*Trish Stratus defends her WWF Womens Title against Ivory

*Shawn Stasiak vs. TAKA Michenoku

All this and more, only on Heat

IPB Image

Sunday 16th December 2001

Sunday Night HEaT

We are now just 4 weeks away from the Royal Rumble after an insane week in The World Wrestling Federation. We are welcomed to the show by Kevin Kelly and Al Snow who can’t wait for this action packed night (at least in terms of Heat).

The night had kicked off with the continuation of the feud between Raven and Justin Credible with Diamond Dallas Page. While Raven provided stiff competition for DDP, especially with the aid of Justin Credible, DDP managed to battle through eliminating Credible out of the match before grabbing the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere to pick of a remarkable win. DDP however did not leave the match feeling like a minute, thanks to the super kick of Justin Credible. Looks like this feud is nowhere near over…

Next up was a recap of the Rock’s speech to the fans on RAW earlier this week. Kevin Kelly felt that The Rock spoke from the bottom of his heart! After all, how could the People’s Champion turn on the People by joining Vince McMahon? Al Snow remained sceptical.

Prior to the next match up, Shawn Stasiak was spotted bringing his luggage into the arena. Stasiak told the camera “That it’s time to shine” before closing the door on him. Maybe someone should remind him he’s facing TAKA tonight rather than Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Trish Stratus was next up, successfully retaining her WWF Women’s Championship against the Veteran, Ivory. Trish scored the pinfall once more by a roll up, catching Ivory on the hop and she was not very happy about the outcome. Ivory complained after the match that Trish had the tights but the fans were firmly behind the blonde bombshell.

Our Next Recap was of the Smackdown Main Event in which was Stone Cold and The Rock vs. X-Pac, Big Show and Ron Waterman. Al Snow commented that Vince McMahon was not going to be embarrassed two weeks in a row against these 2 WWF Superstars and Vince showed them who was boss. Kevin Kelly asks Al Snow what he thinks The King is going to make of this situation. Snow believes that King couldn’t do much about it even if he wanted to as he’s only co-owner. No one has an overriding right to decide what happens and if Vince thinks this is in the best interest of the company, then he should live with it.

Advert time. NEXT WEEK, 20/12/2001, put it in your diaries, THE NEW SMACKDOWN SET! The Main Event has already been set by WWF Co-Owner Jerry Lawler. It’s The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Edge vs. Ron Waterman, Shawn Stasiak and X-Pac, the man who pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin on Smackdown.

In the Main Event, the #1 Contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship Shawn Stasiak took on TAKA of Kai En Tai. Stasiak was surprised at just the level of skill TAKA had, TAKA almost getting the pinfall about 2 minutes into the match with a beautiful huracanrana on Stasiak. However, Stasiak battled through, despite TAKA large offense and plenty of near falls, with Stasiak managing to reverse a crossbody into a roll up using the ropes as extra leverage to get the three count. After the match, Stasiak quickly left the ring, leaving a dejected TAKA to be consolled by his team mate, Funaki. The show ended with Funaki raising the arm of his team mate to a huge applause from the audience, Kevin Kelly too applauding the work of TAKA. “TAKA really pushed the boat out tonight Kev-o and it’s great to see the fans appreciating his work!” added Al Snow. Both members of the announce team thanked us for joining them, the cameras focusing, one more time, on the Japanese Tag Team before the show faded to black.

Quick Results

Diamond Dallas Page def. Raven

Trish def. Ivory to retain her WWF Womens Championship

Shawn Stasiak def. TAKA Michinoku

Edited by DaveKOTW

IPB Image

Monday, December 17th, 2001

Raw Is War Preview

Austin, Rocky, Welcome to your own Personal Hell

What will happen Next?

After a game of chess between The Rock, Stone Cold and Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon seemed to have landed the first check when The Rock and Austin were defeated in a 3-on-2 handicap match by the X-Pac, Big Show, Ron Waterman and his lead pipe. Will The Rock and Stone Cold get retaliation? Or will Vince McMahon once again send The Rattlesnake and The Rock straight to hell? Jerry Lawler has already announced that one of the matches tonight as X-Pac vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin in the RAW Main Event. What will Vince make of this? In addition to this, rumour has it that The Big Show was not happy last night about being used as a pawn in Vince McMahon's games. Will Vince address this or will Big Show simply disappear off the face of the Wrestling World?

Where is Torrie Wilson?

Tajiri's girlfriend Torrie Wilson disappaered last week on Smackdown? Tajiri looked high and low but there was no trace. Where could she be? People backstage suspect a certain Marc Mero to be involved. What will happen if this suspicion is true, and more to the point, what will Tajiri do to Mero if he gets his hands on him?

Deadman absent...Edge absent again

There has been talk going around that Jerry Lawler is particularly keen to make sure this forthcoming Smackdown is going to be a success. Due to the importance of the set upgrade, it has been thought that many of the WWF superstars are being rested for the show. Many people want answers and Jerry Lawler promises to answer these questions tonight!

A Suprise for Key...

After Key's destruction since Vengeance, Key has been working his way through the toughest competitors in the WWF. However, Jerry Lawler guarantees us that tonight, he knows a guy who really will take Key to a level he's never experienced before. Who is the man and will Key be able to retain the title tonight? We can only wait and find out!

For all the answers, plus appearances of WWF favorites The Rock, Stone Cold, Rikishi and many more, tune in to RAW Monday night at 9/8 CT on TNN.

Edited by DaveKOTW

This is an interesting read. I have spent the whole morning reading it and now that I'm in the Diary Buddy thing I guess it is for a good cause as well. (Y)

I'm really enjoying the direction you are taking the fed. Jerry Lawler, Ron Waterman, Key... All names that weren't around in rel-life so it's nice to see you trying new things.

The Lawler-McMahon dynamic is well written and a joy to read so keep that up. I hope it is a long time before the war between starts up when you have to decide between the two because for now, this is excellent. The situation could lead to so many stories. It's excellent.

Key as the dominating Hardcore Champion is interesting. I hope the person that finally defeats is the sneaky underdog who uses the Hardcore Rules to their advantage. That would make for an excellent feud with the powerhouse facing off with the underdog.

Plus I really enjoy that you are pushing Sean Stasiak! Planet Stasiak all the way! w00p!

So yeah. In summary, very good read. I'm enjoying myself.

IPB Image

Monday, December 17th, 2001

WWF RAW LIVE from the HP Pavilion, San Jose California

The show starts with a recap of Smackdown where Vince McMahon tricked The Rock and Stone Cold, placing the two of them on a 3-on-2 Handicap Match against Ron Waterman, X-Pac and The Big Show. Against all odds, Stone Cold and The Rock lead the match until a lead pipe, courtesy of Ron Waterman took out Stone Cold allowing X-Pac to pick up the win. The Clip ends with Vince standing at the entrance with X-Pac and Ron Waterman celebrating.

SO HERE WE GO! The Show Intro begins before Jim Ross and Mick Foley welcome us to a great night of Sports Entertainment.

The Night kicked off with Vince McMahon making his way to the ring with his WWF Championship belt and his bodyguard Ron Waterman. Vince McMahon stated that last week, The Rock and Stone Cold saw the true power that is Vince McMahon. Vince says that The Rock should have taken his offer, but he foolishly declined and that’s why, come the Royal Rumble, Vince promises to beat the living hell out of The Rock, making an example out of him to retain his precious WWF Championship belt. Mick Foley and JR didn’t share the same sentiment. Vince said that he was truly proud of his boys, Ron Waterman, a future great in the industry and the man with the quickest feet in the business, X-Pac. JR added that there is no doubt about that, “X-Pac is quicker than a hiccup”. Vince says that he wanted to praise The Big Show also but apparently, The Big Show is now too good to do his bidding and Vince clarifies that just like The Rock and Austin, if you are not with him, you are against him, setting up a match between Big Show and Ron Waterman for tonight. Vince adds that in case the fans hadn’t already heard the scoop, X-Pac will be going one on one with Stone Cold tonight on request of the Rattlesnake but you can be sure that when it’s all said and done, X-Pac will be victorious! “Oh Hell yeah!!” Vince raises the arms of both men again before leaving the ring to a multitude of boos from the audience.

The first match of the night was between Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Tajiri for the WWF Cruiserweight Championship. Chavo showed that he was no lightweight in this match (no pun intended) taking the match to Tajiri almost getting the pinfall 3 minutes into the match with a Canadian backbreaker drop. Chavo ever, despite numerous attempts, could not set up Tajiri for the Gory Bomb and Tajiri didn’t need much to take advantage. The finish came when Chavo went for a page out of his Uncle Eddie’s book, attempting a frog splash off the top rope, Tajiri getting his knees up. Tajiri quickly got back to his feet and finished Chavo off with the buzzsaw kick for the 3 (**1/2). After the match up, Tajiri celebrated with his title belt when Marc Mero appeared on the titantron. Mero greeted Tajiri congratulating him on his excellent victory live in front of all these people. Mero said that it must be a damn shame that Tajiri however, can’t celebrate with his girlfriend, the camera capture in the background a woman struggling. Mero tells him not to worry, and that she’s in good hands…at least for now. However, if Tajiri ever wants to see his girlfriend again, this is what he has to do and this is put his WWF Cruiserweight Championship belt on the line at the Royal Rumble. Mero tells him to take him seriously because the consequences will be on his head. Will Tajiri accept?

Next up was Ron Waterman vs. The Big Show. Big Show made it evident in the early part of the match that size does matter pounding down on Waterman like he was a rag doll. Show had multiple near falls on Waterman, Show working on Waterman’s back after Show’s bear hug seemed to have done some damage. Waterman however was no weakling and he fought back hard hitting a huge German suplex on the giant but only for a 2 count. The end however came with the arrival of X-Pac who distracted the referee just as Show was about to set up Waterman with the chokeslam. Show, noticing, dropped the bodyguard and went for X-Pac, neither he nor the referee spotting the lead pipe that X-Pac slid into the ring. Waterman used this lethal weapon once more clocking the lights of the big man before hooking the leg and getting the 3 (**1.2 rating). After the match, the referee checks on Show who has a noticeably busted open head.

Backstage, Jerry Lawler is pacing around his office, camera men waiting when Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho step in. Lawler tells the two of them that they should be excited because he has finally decided what he is going to do with them. Lawler says he should thank the two of them really because it came to him after they began fighting outside his office last Thursday. Jericho looks at Angle and calls him a Jackass, Angle whining that this is what he has to put up with. Lawler tells them that Starting Next Week on RAW, there is going to be a BEST OF 7 SERIES which culminates, if necessary at the Royal Rumble. Lawler adds that this match is doubly important because the winner of the match and ONLY the winner will get a slot in this year’s Royal Rumble. As for this Thursday, as it is the Debut of the NEW SMACKDOWN, Lawler decided that Angle and Jericho will square off in a SONG CONTEST. Both competitors looked confident before each of them looked at each other stopping both asking why they were confident. Jericho was like “Hey, I’m in a band!” but Kurt argued that he was a great acoustic player and he was going to “rock their socks off with some campfire classics”. Lawler broke the two up telling them to wait for the Debut of the NEW Smackdown, but right now, here comes an advert for Thursday.

The new Smackdown advert showed off the new designed advertising the following matches:

The Undertaker and Chuck Palumbo vs. Test and Lance Storm

WWF European Championship Match: Rikishi © vs. Hardcore Holly – A Street Fight

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho in a Song Contest

…and finally; Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Edge vs. Ron Waterman, X-Pac and “Perfect” Shawn Stasiak.

When we come back to Lawler, Lawler tells to make sure we tune in for the huge spectacle. Lawler says as for the absentees, Lawler would like it noted that Edge is currently away because of a personal issue, while The Undertaker is absent because of a niggling injury. As for The Rock (cheap pop for the crowd), the reason he is not here is because he is away on business in LA. Lawler thanks us for watching and we get back to the show.

Back to the ring and Charles Wright is in ring with the WWF Hardcore Champion. He demands silence. Wright said that ever since Key debuted in the WWF, he has been a dominant monster. Wright said that Key has done what no other superstar has done and that is to take the World Wrestling Federation to the Real Extreme. Wright however is annoyed that since last week, there have been these rumours of this wrestler that has just come back to his full fitness and has the “potential” to beat Key. Wright finds that preposterous and he feels that…Wright is cut off by none other than….STEVE BLACKMAN! Blackman comes out to the ring swinging his kendo stick around and we are in for a match. Blackman dominated the early goings of the match, viciously attacking Key with his kendo stick. Blackman made the first pin fall attempt covering Key after a successful fisherman suplex. Blackman’s offence was nothing like anything Key has ever dealt before using his martial arts background to dominate Key. The finish of the match however told a different picture, Key looking in serious trouble when Blackman locked the guillotine on him. However, just when everyone thought we had a new WWF Hardcore Champion, Charles Wright broke into the ring and attacked Blackman with a steel chair. Key got back to his feet holding his neck and quickly ended the match hitting the Victimizer on Blackman for the 3. (*** Rating). After the match, Wright got back in the ring and the WWF Hardcore Champion and boss continued to lay it to Blackman until “ONE OF A KIND” hit the ring and RVD ran to the ring with a chair in hand. Van Dam took Key down, then Wright. Van Dam through the chair at Wright….VAN DAMINATOR! Wright went to attend Key while Van Dam helped Blackman. The fans went wild as Rob Van Dam returned to save Steve Blackman, Foley making an R-V-D chant from the announce table.

Next up is another Booker T promo. Booker tells us that ever since he’s been on WWF Television, whether as part of the Alliance or otherwise, he has been totally disrespected. But that’s all about to change because at the Royal Rumble, Booker is going to show the world just exactly who he is. Now Dig That! Sucka!

Backstage, Stone Cold is with Kevin Kelly. Austin discusses the past few weeks. Austin says, he’s been sitting backstage wondering why every single person has been saying “Why has Stone Cold forgiven the Rock?” Stone Cold says the answer is simple. He hasn’t. But Stone Cold reminds us that whether we like it or not, he and The Rock are both in a similar predicament and that’s just the bottom line, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Austin says whether he likes it or not, he’s gotta just accept that fact, go out there and whip some ass. Austin says if you want anymore proof of his intention, watch his match which is NEXT!

The Main Event Starts with Stone Cold coming to the ring and saluting the fans as usual. Then its X-Pac’s turn to come to the ring but with him, come Vince McMahon and Ron Waterman. All 3 men get into the ring, Austin refusing to move as X-Pac taunts him. While Vince evidently had a plan tonight, it never paid off as moments later, Jerry Lawler’s music hit. Lawler said to Vince that due to current circumstances, Lawler felt it would be wise to add a stipulation to this match up and that is…NO INTERFERENCE! Lawler added that anyone who decides to try and test his patience, Lawler said that if anyone of Vince’s cronies decides to attack Austin anyway, then he would have no choice but to strip Vince McMahon of his WWF Championship. Security then made their way to seize Waterman and Vince but neither of them wanted to be escorted and instead made their own way. X-Pac however was completely distracted and this gave Austin time to pounce. Austin took it straight to X-Pac beating the holy hell out of him. First came the stomps in the corner, then the Lou Thez Press. Stone Cold continued the huge offence with a huge spinebuster on X-Pac. We went backstage during the match, showing Vince McMahon studying the match on a small TV, distraught. Austin finally ended the match with the Stunner, getting a huge cheer after the referee counted the three (*** Rating). JR and Foley described Vince McMahon’s tactics as underhanded at best but with Lawler finally stepping in, it looks like things could change. Meanwhile, we return backstage to see Vince losing his temper throwing things around his office shouting his head off at Waterman. The show ends with Austin drinking beer as JR and Mick thank us for coming! Good Night!

Quick Results

Tajiri def. Chavo Guerrero Jr to retain his WWF Cruiserweight Title

Ron Waterman def. Big Show

Key def. Steve Blackman to retain his WWF Hardcore Championship

Stone Cold def. X-Pac

Edited by DaveKOTW

IPB Image

WWF Smackdown! Preview

Broadcast on the 20th December 2001 from the Staples Center, Los Angeles, Ca

Tonight, Smackdown welcomes a new set for the beginning of a brand new Era of Smackdown. To celebrate this momentous night, Smackdown brings you an action packed card featuring some of it's finest talent.

Tonight, once again putting their differences aside, The Rock and Stone Cold team up, with Edge to take on Ron Waterman, X-Pac, and Edge's bitter rival, Shawn Stasiak. That match promises to be off the hook!

In addition, The Undertaker teams up with Chuck Palumbo to take on Test and Lance Storm. With the Test/Undertaker animosity almost reaching boiling point, who knows where this will end.

Also, Rikishi will once again put his WWF European Championship on the line against Hardcore Holly in a Street Fight to finally put an end to the feud that started prior to Vengeance.

A late inclusion to this card is another tag team match where Rob Van Dam teams up with Steve Blackman to take on the WWF Hardcore Champion Key and his Manager, Charles Wright. Just when Wright and Key thought they had seen the last of RVD, he returned to once again cause them trouble. This is also the sort of match Steve Blackman needs to boot his career further and get back on the WWF Hardcore track.

Finally, who could forget the Kurt Angle/Chris Jericho Song Contest. All in all tonight should be action packed and indeed semi-tuneful.

Make sure you tune in to 8/7 CT only UPN