Your Favourite Album?

Liam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like so many albums, so it was pretty hard for me to come to a conclusion here.

There's not that many albums in which I like every single song though. These few would be

Down In Albion - Babyshambles

Help! & Revolver - The Beatles

Ben Folds Five

Sweet Baby James - James Taylor

Up The Bracket - The Libertines

Everything Must Go - Manic Street Preachers

Origin of Symmetry - Muse

Synchronicity - The Police

Gold - Ryan Adams

The Queen Is Dead - The Smiths

Quite a lot actually.

Finally I found my favourite album, which would be

200px-RubberSoulUK.jpg

Rubber Soul - The Beatles

I find it hard to put into words why it's my favourite. It's pretty different from the other Beatles albums, with a slightly more folk sound which is apparent in "Michelle", "I'm Looking Through You" and "Norwegian Wood". There's also the fantastic "Drive My Car", which is probably the most famous song from the album. Another song I like is "In My Life", which inspired cover versions from Johnny Cash among others. Altogether a fantastic album, and one that I've listened to many times yet never got bored of.

It's pretty hard to single it down to one as I like a whole range of music. Game Theory by The Roots is probably my favourite Rap/Hip Hop album at the moment and would come close to being my favourite as would Violent By Design by JMT and Common's Be. Then there's the American Recordings by Johnny Cash which is my favourite series of albums, especially Solitary Man and The Man Comes Around. Then there's The Beatles with The White Album and Revolver. Then there's my favourite rock/grunge etc albums Rage Against The Machine (RATM, Evil Empire) Nirvana (Nevermind) and Soundgarden (Superunknown).

It's pretty hard to choose between all those but in the end I'd pick Superunknown by Soundgarden as I grew up on that album. Black Hole Sun is my favourite anthem and I still play it once every couple of days now.

If I have to choose only one it would have to be Metallica's Ride The Lightning.

Other Considerations were;

AC/DC - Back In Black

Hardcore Superstar - Hardcore Superstar

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Lost Prophets - Start Something