My Pics

Guest #AJ styles#

First of all, spell the freaking word. YOU. If you're too lazy to type "you", you're too lazy to draw your next breath of luxurious oxygen.

Secondly, it's not just the fonts, it's the colors. They don't match, they don't make sense, and they don't fit any sort of theme. Nothing screams "UNDERTAKER" LESS than a bluish purple Battlestar Galactica type font.

First of all, spell the freaking word. YOU. If you're too lazy to type "you", you're too lazy to draw your next breath of luxurious oxygen.

Secondly, it's not just the fonts, it's the colors. They don't match, they don't make sense, and they don't fit any sort of theme. Nothing screams "UNDERTAKER" LESS than a bluish purple Battlestar Galactica type font.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

Did you really just use "unincluding"?

That's it. You're flagged. No more posting for you. Can I get a mod involved here? I think we're letting lemurs post again.

And if I uninclude your font, there's nothing left. You layered a few cuts, threw a random effect up, and that was it. I can tell you spent less than five minutes on each and every graphic. And if you spent more than that, you're really wasting your time.

You've also spent no time on color theory. Some colors match well together, and some don't. (For an example of don't, I'd point you to the obnoxious combination of blue/red in the default GFX set on EWR).

Now, seriously there is no excuse to not type out 'you'. I'm guessing you're still in high school, maybe not even there, yet. You will do yourself a great disservice if you allow yourself to use this asinine kiddie speak. There's no reason for it, and you'll never improve your typing skills if you settle for this "lol, u guyz suk" crap.

Honest to god, man. Pay attention in English class. It's not like math, you'll use it out here in the real world.

Hey, hey Paulie. It annoys people when they type like 12 year old AOLers, but there's no reason to have anneurisms over it. You look just as bad as he does right now just because you're throwing a fit over his inability to proprerly use the English language.

Stylez: DAfont.com offers alot of great fonts, but might I ask exactly what program you're using? The fonts look like they were slapped on in MSPaint... they look horrendously out-of-place on the graphics.

Paulie's made some good points for you to follow: work on matching the color of your fonts with the images you use at LEAST. In some, it looks like all you've actually done was take an image and put text on it; something which could be construed as graphic designing if it were done in a different manner. This way, it's just... MSPaint-worthy.

Oh, and another thing, Paulie? You joined just ten days ago. "I think we're letting lemurs post again"? Come now, you've not yet been to EWB long enough to know just how many lemurs post here or continued to post here, much less have left here over time :P

Says Paulie Danger, Keither, geeze get with the program.

And Kaney, I figured as much... why, considering you yourself are a lemur, it would be of no surprise that you were bringing others in with you ;)

Guest #AJ styles#

i use photoshop cs2 and i put a little effort into some of my pics(benoit and christian to be exact)and the JBL one and ya im not the best pic maker and yes im 14 years old i dont type my best on the computer alright

i use photoshop cs2 and i put a little effort into some of my pics(benoit and christian to be exact)and the JBL one and ya im not the best pic maker and yes im 14 years old i dont type my best on the computer alright

You're using CS2? Wow, here I was thinking you were using PSP or something, looking at the text alone.

Before I continue: don't worry about your typing, most of us don't get worked up over it (We've dealt with Matzat long enough, we can deal with people who don't type well. Much love, Mike!)... Paulie over there just seems to be having a bad day and decided to take it out on your spelling ability, or lack thereof.

Anyway, there's quite a number of good Photoshop tutorials online you should tryout. It'll hone your skills and at least enable you to start handling these banners easier. Text tutorials, etc... I would suggest searching on google for some, but for quick access here's one site I would recommend to you:

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp

There's a large number of good tutorials around, you've just got to find them :)

Guest Bigal's Second Potato

10-15 minutes is nothing for good GFX.

The font choice is still terrible, and while I like the 'ripple' effect, I don't like being able to see the bulls-eyes.