The hardest decision in my entire life...

The Z-Man

GTA gives you a big city to do what ever you want in. Sure you need some stuff to unlock parts, but it´s soooo much more free than FF. Especially the newer games in which the world is build like everything is connected with lines and there is nothing on than this one line which is the one way you walk to get from A to B, that’s just boring. GTA gives you what older and/or more interesting RPGs/Adventures like Secret of Mana and Zelda had and it shows that it still is possible to creat games that way. (and yes this means older FF games were better because you had much more freedom of movement with world maps and stuff, today you have to get an erection wen you are blessed with something like the calm lands in FFX, nah.

Yet again stories have been lame back than already, there are not many subplots, go and play Xenogears, you learn what a complex story could look like, go and read The Unbearable Lightness of Being and you might see what a good deep philosophical story could be like, go and watch Twin Peaks and see how wired stuff can be presented in a way that it makes send if you actually spend time to think about it.

No one talks about basic plotlines; I am not complaining that Final Fantasy got a corporate design, the games do not suck because they have Aeons, Christals or some characters witch the same name each game. Get me a game that was what GTA 1 was when it came out, get me a game that took what GTA2 did with GTA one wen it came out, get me something that was anywere near GTA3 or GTA:VC wen they came out. You got some copycats but that was after the original games came out, Rockstar still invented and reinvented GTA each time, took game play and storytelling to a new level each time. The only thing Square Enix has going is Grafiks, Movies and Music. I do not have much time to game, and in this time I want something good, something that playes well, feels new, feels special, finds a way of surprising me each time. I do not want some shit liniar game I can finish in 20 hours, I do not get a hardone because zzzzzzzzzzzzzOMG I can level up 4357 hour’s without storyline to beat a hidden mega boss, I do not squanch my juices all over the place because characters have different attack strength when I level them up differently while I play the same shit for the 12th time.

A) Hey let’s plug in FF and hope we get some cool random fights, yay~!

B) Hey let´s play some GTA and just randomly shoot people to see how long we can hold of Police and military.

B is what I do wen I have to kill 10 Minutes and have thes two options. Why that? Because GTA just is better with some random fun play!

>_>

I spend to much time on this posting…

GTA gives you a big city to do what ever you want in. Sure you need some stuff to unlock parts, but it´s soooo much more free than FF. Especially the newer games in which the world is build like everything is connected with lines and there is nothing on than this one line which is the one way you walk to get from A to B, that’s just boring.

B is what I do wen I have to kill 10 Minutes and have thes two options. Why that? Because GTA just is better with some random fun play!

Before you pick hardcore zealot sides in this I'd like to point out that GTA has much more depth than just driving around shooting stuff brainlessly, while the FF series AREN'T the be-all and end-all of video gaming.

Having played a few in each series (and loved LOVED FFVII, especially for the soldier parade disguise bit) they're both excellent games that deserve high recognition. However the audience for both is very very different.

It's like comparing the PS2 with the Nintendo DS. Completely different ballgame but both fine examples of what they do with hugely differing uses and fanbases.

Wait, after all that massive anti-RPG rant...forgive me if my memory serves me incorrectly, but isn't Matzat a big Disgaea fan?

Were was it anty RPG? It was anti FF.

It was this line really. >_>

I do not get a hardone because zzzzzzzzzzzzzOMG I can level up 4357 hour’s without storyline to beat a hidden mega boss, I do not squanch my juices all over the place because characters have different attack strength when I level them up differently while I play the same shit for the 12th time.

Both of those being Disgaea to a T. Only for the latter, unlike FF, you need to do it to complete the game in the first place (via transmogrification) rather than just because you're bored and have nothing new to play.

Disgaea is awesome, but the amount of levelling and re-levelling up you have to do is insane. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño