EWB's Top 50 Televison Shows

Ace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inuyasha ended too soon

:blink:

I have never, ever, heard that said of Inu Yasha by anyone. Not even its fans...

The problem with Inu Yasha is that, after about 30 worthwhile episodes or so, Ms. Rumiko Takahashi (the creator) then proceeded to do what she does best, and pump out dozens and dozens of episodes of FILLER. Then, equally typically, despite having 190-odd episodes and four movies, STILL failed to end it correctly. That woman has a talent for squeezing money out of ideas, but she can't end a series to save her life. She did the same to Ranma 1/2, of course.

Can't stand Case Closed. Just...no.

Edited by GhostMachine

And if I remember correctly, isn't the Inu Yasha manga still ongoing in Japan?

Yes. It's positively frightening.

And for Ranma, simply replace Inu Yasha's monsters with gimmicked martial arts. "I fight using...RIBBONS." Voila.

My avatar is from Pani Poni Dash. Fucking random. Too random, really, but the avatar is cute nonetheless. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

No, when (seemingly) the ratings drop to the extent that Channel 4 didn't see any value in renewing the contract to show the 3rd series, there is something a little off there. Ratings don't seem to be as big a deal in the UK as they are in the US, but when such a flagship show as Lost isn't picked up again by the channel that brought it to the UK, they seemingly see no value in forking out the money for it.
Edited by What in the LBTN was that?

One series I'd like to recommend but can't is Love Hina. It was way too short (only 16 episodes, and there are 14 Tokyopop manga volumes out which should amount to AT LEAST 3 times that many anime episodes, but some of the anime episodes are original stories) and the anime doesn't have a real ending.

There are 28 episodes of the Love Hina TV series (including the Christmas/Summer specials), plus 3 OAV episodes called 'Love Hina Again'. In regards to the 14 manga volumes, it's only about the last one and a half that the anime doesn't cover.

True, the additional manga ending is much better (as one of my girl friends would say, "I DEMAND WEDDINGS!" :shifty:), however in terms of the usual problems regarding anime endings, Love Hina's (or specifically, Love Hina Again's) isn't particuarly bad. They say they love each other, they kiss etc. The usual.

Talking about bad endings, Evangelion has definitely one of the worst.

"Evangelion is like a puzzle, you know. Any person can see it and give his/her own answer. In other words, we're offering viewers to think by themselves, so that each person can imagine his/her own world. We will never offer the answers, even in the theatrical version. As for many Evangelion viewers, they may expect us to provide the 'all-about Eva' manuals, but there is no such thing. Don't expect to get answers by someone. Don't expect to be catered to all the time. We all have to find our own answers."

- Anno Hideaki - PA #43, translated by Miyako Graham from 11/96 Newtype

Edited by figos

Bullshit. Both of Evangelion's endings are genius in different ways. A bad ending is like Martian Successor Nadesico when they ADMIT in the final episode that they've wrapped almost nothing up, only then to produce a movie which answers nothing and creates MORE questions.

And frankly, Anno Hideaki clearly knows for certain what all of Evangelion was supposed to be about. He just pretends not to in order to keep the interest and intregue in the show going strong.

Bullshit. Both of Evangelion's endings are genius in different ways. A bad ending is like Martian Successor Nadesico when they ADMIT in the final episode that they've wrapped almost nothing up, only then to produce a movie which answers nothing and creates MORE questions.

And frankly, Anno Hideaki clearly knows for certain what all of Evangelion was supposed to be about. He just pretends not to in order to keep the interest and intregue in the show going strong.