EWB's Top 50 Televison Shows

Ace

EWBS TOP 50 TV SHOWS!!!

Voted for by you, the males/females/Jouzy's of EWB, and following in the steps of folks like ROC, and well, ROC. Inspired by Rashid's attempt, which I think we can all agree was a critical failure. This thread is attempting to answer what is REALLY EWB's favourite show.

Enough chat, 50 - 46 coming shortly. But first, here's some big show names that missed the list.

Married with Children

My Name is Earl

Everyone Loves Raymond

Boy Meets World

The Pretender (Hey, one of my old fav shows. <_< )

Home Improvement

CSI

Edited by JD Ace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh Red Dwarf and 'Allo 'Allo....Two fine programmes...

The first couple of series of 'Allo 'Allo were pretty racy - the obvious whoring out of his waitresses to the Germans in exchange for goods, the desperate avoidance of Lieutenant Gruber's homosexual advances, sexual jokes between Edith's old mother and LeClerc the old forger...Watching back on my DVDs it ousts even the Carry On films with it's double entendres...

Ahhh Red Dwarf and 'Allo 'Allo....Two fine programmes...

The first couple of series of 'Allo 'Allo were pretty racy - the obvious whoring out of his waitresses to the Germans in exchange for goods, the desperate avoidance of Lieutenant Gruber's homosexual advances, sexual jokes between Edith's old mother and LeClerc the old forger...Watching back on my DVDs it ousts even the Carry On films with it's double entendres...

The first two series were also the best of it. It really went downhill after a while. That said, I have to echo your first statement Hammy!

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

I could never stand 'Allo 'Allo. Red Dwarf is great but, inevitably, overrated to a massive degree, so it's probably a good thing that it's this low down. I vaguely remember watching half a series' worth of Teachers (possibly the 2nd series) and it qas quite good, but nothing I'd bother watching again.

I'm just waiting to see where Top Gear falls...

Oh I agree about 'Allo 'Allo. I got the first two series on DVD for my last birthday and even the last episode showed things starting to go downhill.

It coincided with the move to BBC1 primetime (It nearly got dropped after the hilarious first series).

'Allo 'Allo was still great for most of it's run but lost some of the sparkle after the first two (especially with the need to repeat catchphrases the whole time) which are still some of the best comedy ever shown.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I can't comment on several of these as I've never seen them, but I can say that SVU cracking the top 50 makes me so very happy. You can hate on CSI's and L&O's all you want to here on EWB, but SVU is the best off all of them. It goes too far sometimes in terms of the character's personal lives, but it's a very good cop drama/procedural dram that manages to stick to the winning formula and yet it still mixes it up week after week after week. Plus, eight seasons in, and it's still top notch with some of the best acting on TV.

I've recently rekindled my Red Dwarf love, and while a lot of it's not aged well, it's still good mindless comedy most of the time, it's good to see it's on the list, and probably in just about the right place. Same goes for Teachers, except replace "not aged well" with "poor last series". Haven't seen the rest.

Bah didn't see Teachers in the list - no picture confused me.

Now THAT'S another fine fine programme. Though for me it peaked with series 3. 4 was good mainly for Bob's Thai girlfriend (Daddy number 1!) and the episode where the other teachers tried to find out whether she was a ladyboy or not.

Still, Kurt and Brian = best two TV characters.

I can't comment on several of these as I've never seen them, but I can say that SVU cracking the top 50 makes me so very happy. You can hate on CSI's and L&O's all you want to here on EWB, but SVU is the best off all of them. It goes too far sometimes in terms of the character's personal lives, but it's a very good cop drama/procedural dram that manages to stick to the winning formula and yet it still mixes it up week after week after week. Plus, eight seasons in, and it's still top notch with some of the best acting on TV.