Scott Weiland in trouble AGAIN

Billy Castillo

Scott Weiland's DUI

Posted By Ashish on 07.05.04

Weiland plead no contest to DUI charge...

Scott Weiland, lead singer of Velvet Revolver, plead no contest Friday to a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence. His sentencing was set for Thursday (July 8).

36-year-old Weiland was ordered in January to return to a live-in drug detoxification center after he left earlier than he was authorized to. He was granted special permission to tour this summer with Velvet Revolver, whose RCA debut album, Contraband, debuted last month at No. 1 on The Billboard 200.

Credit: Billboard

Days change, seasons change, babies are born, people die....the one constant is Weiland getting arrested. Jeez...

An update.

At this point, Scott Weiland has been in and out of rehab so many times, that it must seem like a home away from home.

• News: Weiland pleads to DUI

• News: Scott Weiland's unhappy birthday

• News: Weiland a Stoned Temple Pilot?

E! Online Photo

The oft-troubled rocker was sentenced Thursday to six months in a live-in drug treatment center stemming from his post-birthday arrest in October for driving under the influence.

In addition to the rehab, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Randolph Moore also slapped Weiland with three years' probation and a $390 fine plus penalties and ordered him to pay restitution to the owner of the parked vehicle he plowed into.

The former frontman for Stone Temple Pilots pleaded no contest last week to the misdemeanor DUI charge.

After an evening of celebration marking his 36th B-day, Weiland was arrested Oct. 27 after smashing his BMW into a parked van in Hollywood. According to police, he tried to flee the scene, but was eventually collared and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

According to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, Weiland will also have to undergo mandatory drug testing as part of his probation and attend three Narcotics Anonymous meetings a week.

A rep for Weiland's new band, Velvet Revolver, did not have an immediate comment on the sentence, other than to say his rehab stint would affect upcoming tour plans.

Revolver had been slated to embark on a five-week European trek in August followed by two shows at New York's Roseland Ballroom Sept. 17 and 18 as part of Miller Beer's "Rock Through Time" event.

The band, which also includes ex-Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan (news) and Matt Sorum, along with Suicidal Tendencies guitarist Dave Kushner, just completed its first major tour last month. Revolver's well reviewed rookie album, Contraband, also released in June, debuted on top of Billboard's album chart.

Weiland has racked up several drug-related arrests over the past decade, usually resulting in stints in detox facilities or jail. Most recently, Weiland was ordered back to rehab in January when a judge determined the rocker didn't successfully complete his required term following a May 2003 arrest.

Facing the threat of jail time if he relapsed, Weiland managed to pull it together and, in April, was given the all clear to hit the road with his new mates.

Jesus...you had me scared that he fucked up again. Weiland is in and out of trouble more than any other frontman I've ever seen...but with that said, it isn't really under his control. It's more of a disease than anything. He let it get this bad, but there's no doubt that he's tried to fix it, and for that, I give him my respect.

As far as I've heard, he's been doing really well since getting together with Slash and co.

When I first read the article, I thought the same thing, Gabriel. Turns out this happened back in October.

It probably helps that he's with other recovering addicts. It's much harder to overcome addiction alone than with others in the same predicament, or so it seems.

Edited by Billy Castillo