Evan Almighty

Benji

Guest muddatrucker

40 year old Virgin was a fucking awful movie. He's awesome on the office and wast bad in Ancorman. In fact, he was the only bright spot in Ancorman, well with the eception of Afternoon Delight.
Edited by muddatrucker

40 year old Virgin was a fucking awful movie. He's awesome on the office and wast bad in Ancorman. In fact, he was the only bright spot in Ancorman, well with the eception of Afternoon Delight.

Well Anchorman is probably one of the best recent comedy movies to be released and Will Ferrell is probably one of the best comedy actors about, Carrell had a bit part and whilst it was funny, it hardly made the movie at all - but yes, 40 year old virgin was overrated, predictable and hardly funny

I'd hardly call it offensive though, thats pretty gay.

Yeah, I don't want lead a witch hunt just because your opinion differs from mine, but when roughly (and by roughly I mean a complete guess) 70% of people would disagree with you, I have a hard time determining the validity of what you're saying.

Sure you can dislike the actors and everything which would explain it, but you said you liked Carell and you also have Ferrell's catch phrase from Talladega Nights under your avatar (I'm at a loss as to what that's called for some reason), which is viewed as the lesser Will Ferrell "RB" movie. You can like it more than Anchorman, it's just kind of ironic that you're badmouthing his best movie as one of the bit characters was the only bright spot, then use a line from his inferior (according to most people, mind you) movie.

Oh and I'm with Summers on this one too, if you found 40 Year Old Virgin so offensive for using the word fuck so much, why do you use the word as if it's no big deal? And if you didn't turn it off within 30 minutes, you'd probably have found that it's actually a very funny movie. It's really hard to gauge a movie's worth by the first 30 minutes, but hey, go for it, your loss. I also don't remember it being used excessively and unnecessary at the beginning either.

I liked Bruce Almighty because I'm a big Jim Carrey fan and I thought the stuff between him and Freeman was pretty funny. That's another reason, Morgan Freeman is awesome.

And I liked 40 Year Old Virgin a lot and thought it was a funny movie, but yeah, it was just a "smidge" overrated.

Edited by Livid

I found 40 Year Old Virgin offensive, but only because the film-maker's would insult my intelligence enough as to subject the world to an entire film based around one bad, obvious joke. It's a one-gag film, and it's not even a good gag.

Guest muddatrucker

Thats the reason I thought it was average (and dropped from average to shit due to the praise it gets) simply because its not a funny joke in the first place, its all predictable and theres people trying to make out that its hilarious stuff, like when they're playing poker - its all like 'lets swear loads and be funny' its not.

Oh he's a virgin, his first shag lasted 2 minutes, hilarity.

Carrell made the 40 year old virgin.. There's just not another actor I could've seen in the same situation. Just his reaction and lines were awesome..

"Virgin isn't a dirty word. You know what is? Asshole, and that's what you guys are."

"Me so horny.. Me love you long time.. Me so STUPID!"

"Is it true that if don't use it, you lose it?" "Is that a serious question?" "No."

"Would you like me to be fucking retarded?"

So many quotables in that movie, I personally like it more than Anchorman.

Steve Carell is 9000 times better in The Office US anyway.

Edited by Cloudy El Millionario