Breakthrough bands for 2007

Lord Nibbler

I'm gonna big up the band Stonegard, I reckon they'll be one of the saving graces of what i believe is going to be a shockingly bad year for Metal music everywhere.

All that remains will explode this year I reckon, Im not a massive fan, but they'll get some rave reviews this year I feel.

Other than that, I can't see much for heavy music this year. Apart from if Opeth release an album. That will be nice.

Guest Pringle

Hope to god Edguy break out this year

Anyway, The Motorettes [Local band, not my cup of tea to be honest, but they have a good commercial sound] can become absolutely massive if they work at it. I see Sabaton gaining steam this year if they continue to tour and out out high quality albums. Dream Evil can be another band to look out for. Finally, Amorpis are one of those bands that are criminally underrated so I hope their follow up to Eclipse will be the one that thrusts them into a new light

Other bands worth looking out for

-Battleheart

-Circus Maximus

-Ensiferum

-Hibria

-Jag Panzer

-Kalmah

-Lizzy Borden

-Moonspell

-Moonsorrow

-Zonata

Edited by Pringle

Pelican better become larger than the gods themselves after their new album and DVD. At least, that is what I hope.

But with the critical acclaim that Mastodon received with "Blood Mountain" even from non-metal press, I am quite certain that Pelican or one of their ilk will garner some larger press this coming year.

I love Pelican and they're a really talented band. The only with them is that they don't have any vocals which may put a damper on the possibility of them becoming as big as Mastodon did this year. Sure the songs on Blood Mountain did have instrumentals in them and they didn't use a terrible amount of vocals, but nevertheless they do have vocals and they have a mainstream connection in Josh Homme, who's a good friend of the band. Pelican's a great band, I just don't think that they can reach the same level without a vocalist at all.