Dynasty Warriors

Ah, yes, you're right. I forgot I had rented both 5XL and 5 at the same time.

There's one that's also recommended for getting 1,000 KOs without DW5 but I can't do it myself. It's the one (and I can't remember the name) that has Zhao Yun single-handedly defending a bridge against overwhelming Cao Cao forces while the old guy Tiger General (who's name escapes me atm) sneaks up on Cao Cao's camp or something.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Han Shui, but man that could get pretty difficult. Huang Zhong is the elder Tiger General, and can never complete the sneak attack from what I've seen or heard. So yeah, good level but if 20 task leaders get passed, you're screwed, plus you have the forces coming from the east of the castle and the north to tend to, who are much stronger on hard and Ma Su (when he arrives with Zhuge Liang) can't stop the generals himself. So you'd be running back and forth a lot, if not getting overwhelmed.

Han Shui, but man that could get pretty difficult. Huang Zhong is the elder Tiger General, and can never complete the sneak attack from what I've seen or heard. So yeah, good level but if 20 task leaders get passed, you're screwed, plus you have the forces coming from the east of the castle and the north to tend to, who are much stronger on hard and Ma Su (when he arrives with Zhuge Liang) can't stop the generals himself. So you'd be running back and forth a lot, if not getting overwhelmed.
Edited by jase12881

Unfortunately I don't have a good second player, so that would mean I would have to back track and kill the eastern reinforcements on my own, but it's more kills. And yes, you're thinking of Mai Castle, I use that level to train up really.

Nu Jin/Man Chong/Zhu Ling

Xu Sheng

Jiang Qin

Cheng Pu

Zhu Ran

Xu Huang

Lu Meng

Cao Ren

are usually the orders I run round and kill my opponents quickly, I don't bother with the reinforcements since I usually win just after they seal them up, and Zhang Bao doesn't really come and do too much - usually appears and loses, but I can maybe get 1000 on hard.

Edited by IAceI

So I have Dynasty Warriors 5 now to boot, class game so far, glad I got it because of the more well known battles it has with it. I have Zhao Yun's fourth weapon which for his brilliance was insanely easy to get, but yeah, I have it. He also aided me in getting the Fire and Ice Orb which are handy to have.

I love how in Si Shui Gate and Hu Lao Gate, Lu Bu is so incredibly awesome there are alternate paths to take so you don't have to fight him. I was taking on Lu Bu in Hu Lao Gate with Guan Yu as I'm training up, Zhang Fei and Liu Bei were in on the action and we were kicking him shitless, even though I was told to avoid him, I kept going after him anyways. Got him to half health on his final bar, he Musou Rage'd up and I ran away like a little girl (albeit with a sexy beard).

I'm such a girl. Can't wait to take him on with Zuo Ci (who is incredibly bad ass for an old man may I say) to get Zuo Ci's fourth weapon.

• 4 months later...

A fiver is worth it, good hack and slash game and if you want everything - such as all the orbs, saddles, items, max out all characters it'll take you a long long long time so if you do enjoy it it'd keep you going.

Pretty easy to pick up and play too. Don't get me wrong though, while it's hack and slash there are great tactics to it as well that you can use.

Wish I'd got it for a fiver >_<