WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth!

apsham

I don't have Know Your Role, so I'll just have to deal with Here Comes The Pain, which is fucking awesome aswell, and I played it yesterday. For two hours. Actually, I had forgotten how great this game actually was, especially the season mode. Since you can start a new season AND retain the same title holders from the previous, plus all workers' stats remain untouched. Man, I loved it when you could start up a faction at Unforgiven and name it after an IRL stable. I always went with "Power Trip".

The pretty much only thing I don't like, is that King of the Ring has been replaced with... Bad Blood?

I actually have my SD2 disc lying around somewhere, I doubt it'll still be playable but hot damn do I wanna give it a shot, I'm on a nostalgia trip now. Man, having the ultimate tag team of Wolf (awesome CAW) and Test, Wolf holding the WWF and European Championships, Test holding the Intercontinental and Hardcore, and they were the Tag Team Champions as well. That owned on so many levels. Although that one exhibition title defense where we lost the straps to Kai En Tai was slightly embarrassing...

Here Comes The Pain > * though, I've never been able to replicate the Wolf CAW from that in any of the later games. I'll always have fond memories of the feud with Vince where you get fired. Another amusing memory of that, as Sean O'Haire in season mode, Kevin Nash challenges me for the title at Summerslam, saying he knows "we'll have one of the finest wrestling matches of all time". Yeah, don't think so Kev.

Was the storyline where you get fired the one where you can pretty much miss four or five months of Season, and then Michael Cole or someone finds you hunched over the bar at WWF New York? That fucking owned.

I DON'T HAVE SMACKDOWN 2....NOOOO!!!! I don't have a working PS2 either (Well, it would probably work, but I have to find a bunch of cables and shit...and wipe the shower gel off it)...but still....I do have WWF Attitude though. :shifty: And Liberogrande, International Track & Field 2, Final Fantasy VII, Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis (Which fucking rocked) and Metal Gear Solid. I have to get my PS2 running, and find a copy of Smackdown 2.

Oh man, Mean Street Posse. A friend and I used to play as them all the time. Joey Gas as World Champ was awesome.

Wern't you not able to pin women as a man in SD2? I remember having some sort of a gimmick match where I was 'Taker and a friend was Tori, I think we were in a boiler room, anyways, I gave her like 11 Tombstone Piledrivers in a row and I couldn't pin her, it was tits.

Smackdown 2 is one of my all time favourite games. The number of hours the teenage timmayy lost to that game must be a phenomenal amount. That was just perfection. The awesomeness of the divisions and the season mode have been touched on, and the roster was out of this world, FANTASTIC.

Smackdown 3 was tripe, but the only time 6 man tags were ever fun, SYM was good but not that long-lasting appeal wise, whichever one had Chambers on for the first time and Ultimo and Stevie on (HCTP?) was fine, Smackdown vs. RAW was alright, 2006 was good but again not that longlasting appeal wise, and the latest one is even better, but with the same appeal problem

In short, I miss SD2.

Edited by timmayy Phoenix-Saga

Smackdown 2 is one of my all time favourite games. The number of hours the teenage timmayy lost to that game must be a phenomenal amount. That was just perfection. The awesomeness of the divisions and the season mode have been touched on, and the roster was out of this world, FANTASTIC.

Smackdown 3 was tripe, but the only time 6 man tags were ever fun, SYM was good but not that long-lasting appeal wise, whichever one had Chambers on for the first time and Ultimo and Stevie on (HCTP?) was fine, Smackdown vs. RAW was alright, 2006 was good but again not that longlasting appeal wise, and the latest one is even better, but with the same appeal problem

In short, I miss SD2.

In short, I miss SD2.

There weren't elimination chambers on HCTP, that was the last Wrestling Game I bought on the PS2, and I can't remember an elimination chamber on it.

Edited by BleedMe

SD 2 was just genius. I played that season mode to death. Actually me and my brother played season mode to death because my brother still liked wrestling at the time and they had a two-player season mode. I remember our combination was that I would be The Rock and he would be The Undertaker or I would be Jeff Hardy and he would be Matt Hardy. Then we had the idea to form "The Unit." The greatest stable ever which was all the four wrestlers above together.

And then we made the short lived stable Poetry In Motion. Which was the Hardyz and E & C. My brother said that we needed to make it because they all(or at least Christian and Jeff did I know) had the on all fours taunt. And the CAWs! Ty Hardy the long lost Hardy Boy who had Matt's legs, Jeff's upper body, and a mask with shades. And then there was COOL MAN(best name I could think of) with Stone Cold's head, Undertaker's upper body, and one of the Hardyz legs. Good times.

I also <3 SYM which is probably tied for second with HCTP. Sadly SYM doesn't work anymore after a disasterous fall while inside the PS2. :(

In short, I miss SD2.

There weren't elimination chambers on HCTP, that was the last Wrestling Game I bought on the PS2, and I can't remember an elimination chamber on it.

There was. I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Ahhhh, already posted. Been reading this thread long i didn't think that it would be posted already.

Am i the only person that preferred Smackdown 2 as a single player wrestling game compared to No Mercy? Plus the Hell in a Cell and all the other matches really made it for me.

I preferred SD 2 as a single player and multiplayer game myself. I liked No Mercy a lot, but I was always a bit more fond of the wildly hectic pace of the early SD engines as opposed to the engines ran for the N64 games.

With that said, WCW/NWO Revenge is probably one of my favorite wrestling games of all-time. I never did own it, but I always managed to play it for hours at a friends house. We won the tag team championship with Saturn (me) and La Parka (him).

I really loved Royal Rumble's in SD:2, back in High School I'd have my buddies over for a bit of reefer and SD2. It was a good time, all of us sitting there acting like morons while running around the ring, missing spinning heel kicks, accidently eliminating each other (we had that pact that we wouldn't fight until we were the last two left) which was usually funny, and ganging up on characters we deemed unfit for the rumble (any McMahon family member or the Mean Street Posse). I may never enjoy a video game, let alone a wrestling video game that much again.

"I was told i would have a special match tonight, well im here, who is my opponent?"

I loved Smackdown 2.

Shut Your Mouth had to be my favourite of the series though. I love the arcade style gameplay, it's a lot more fun and easier when your just in the mood to test out your moves and to just squash the little ones like Scotty 2 Hotty.