The Mafia Discussion Thread

OK, so I plan to run both of these games and both are pretty much ready to run (just need PMs to be written but since I've pretty much got all the roles worked out, that shouldn't take long), but which one do you all want to see first?

Pokemon Mafia (35ish player game) - Lots of funky roles, 151 votes split between the players but quite well balanced I feel. Players who have more votes during the day, generally, have less at night. This has the potential to be a royal clusterfuck. To prevent the game becoming a claimfest, instant modkills for anyone claiming specific pokemon, you can claim your group name but that's pretty easy to make up anyway.

Foo Fighters Mafia (15ish player game) - Not so many funky roles. One (arguably two) twist(s). More traditional but should still be fun.

OK, so I plan to run both of these games and both are pretty much ready to run (just need PMs to be written but since I've pretty much got all the roles worked out, that shouldn't take long), but which one do you all want to see first?

Pokemon Mafia (35ish player game) - Lots of funky roles, 151 votes split between the players but quite well balanced I feel. Players who have more votes during the day, generally, have less at night. This has the potential to be a royal clusterfuck. To prevent the game becoming a claimfest, instant modkills for anyone claiming specific pokemon, you can claim your group name but that's pretty easy to make up anyway.

Foo Fighters Mafia (15ish player game) - Not so many funky roles. One (arguably two) twist(s). More traditional but should still be fun.

I'd be interested in Pokemon Mafia.

You should run Foo Fighters so I can run Pokemon and everybody wins. >_>

Like I said over a PM, I have no objection to us both running Pokemon games since the game mechanics of the two games are completely different.

Oh and for the record, Pokemon mafia would also feature the first role I've not randomly assigned because you can fuck off you think I'm giving an inactive that role :shifty:

Motion to ban lie detectors forever.

Seconded. Investigators are fine, but since once a lie detector's been revealed everybody just posts "I am town" and lynches anybody who a) doesn't or b) has that statement come up as a lie, and since they also appear to day actions rather than night actions (and so unroleblockable), WHO thought the role was a good idea? Sousa actually got it more right when he used a lie detector because, if I remember rightly, his lie detector had to lie detect an entire post and it was a night action, but even that's still flawed because now he can just ask people to say "I am town" and blah blah blah.

Summary: Fuck lie detectors.

Yes, they do. They got me lynched because I didn't say "I'm town" before I left to study.

Don't know about replacements, but there aren't any new games taking sign-ups right now. Wait for a game to end and check the seventh side subforum when it happens. I don't think we'll see a new game for about a week or so, depending on how close Metallica is to endgame.