Alan Smith.

Guest Vexed

Guest Vexed

Ok People. Johnny seems to think that Alan Smith did NOT play for Leeds last season in the Central Midfield role.

Please, from what you guys saw last season give me your opinion. I'm absolutley certain Alan Smith played in Central Midfield for Leeds.

Please leave feedback.

Yeah I said to him that when Smith didn't start up front he started in an attacking role in midfield, not central midfield. I class attacking midfielder and central midfielder to be a total different thing. Also Vexed seems to think Smith is a great tackler, while I believe Smith is pretty damn awful and rough at it.

Didn't he play out on the right and/or just behind the attackers?

I could be (and probably are) wrong, as I didn't really pay much attention to where Smith was playing, as I'm not a fan. Still seem to recall the commentators (ITV, and we know how "good" they are) mentioning him playing out of position on the right.

Smith's more of a forward, so I'd expect him to be attacking midfield if anything rather than central midfield. Can't be certain though, no chance to see any matches. And I think he's a good tackler too, little too aggressive at times, but he has ability, no doubt.

Guest just got wicked

Smith's more of a forward, so I'd expect him to be attacking midfield if anything rather than central midfield. Can't be certain though, no chance to see any matches. And I think he's a good tackler too, little too aggressive at times, but he has ability, no doubt.

I've heard that last season, Smith pretty much played all over the pitch, sacrificing himself for the sake of the club, so I'd say it's pretty much certain that he played attacking midfield..