Nine Inch Nails Year Zero 'Treasure Hunt'?

EndOfAnEra

So I was kicking around NIN Myspace, where they have two new songs leaked, and I saw a post from a guy saying

OTHER SONGS LEAKED!!!

reznor is releasing his tracks through a conspiracy styled treasure hunt - start at www.iamtryingtobelieve.com and see how many of his tracks you can find. You will know you are on the right track when you get the phone number 216-333-1810. No, im not giving anything away. You can call it. But you wont know what to do with the conversation unless you found the number legitimately. If you get stuck, hit the nin boards or drop me an email :) - also check out my page for another NIN track on the upcoming album

The leaking of the songs and the Halo 2 style marketing really aren't connected, other than the USB drives having phone messages on them much like various other sites (I Am Trying To Believe, etc.) have hidden that lead to bible passages through morse code and things.

It's a fun time to be a Nine Inch Nails fan. Can't say the same for other bands, like, oh... The Smashing Pumpkins. :P

The three tracks thus far are excellent, really, really like them. It's made me well hyped for the album now.

EDIT: And having realised that the site I found with them on has links to the other 'hunt' sites, I must say, this is one of the most awesome publicity ventures ever.

Edited by SSTBus

Guest TMacThaShiznit

The phone call is just right out weird and creepy.

And made me keep looking. Congrats to Trent, he's really got something going. As far as the movie thing goes, I could easily see it happening. The plot is rather good, and I don't think all of it has even been revealed yet.

• 2 weeks later...