Recommend Me Music

Steeb

So, I'm looking for some new music to get. Help me. I'm looking for:

Something similar to VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk.

Something similar to Diorama-era Silverchair.

Some more good punk music, similar to The Bronx and The Dwarves.

Hell, throw in anything else you think I might enjoy. It helps if it's fairly easy to come across, unless you're willing to helP Me. :shifty:

"The Faint"...more emo-y electro than trancey-electro...but still pretty cool...and need more love. VNV Nation are fucking top notch.

Bronx style punk-rock isn't my speciality...but as far as punk-rock goes..."Unicornography" by The Falcon is some awesome shit, (SPOILER...for my mega-arse list that may never finish :shifty:) "Our Darkest Days" by Ignite was my favourite album of last year, Rreclamation" by Bigwig really fucking shreds and "In A Million Pieces" by The Draft...is basically Hot Water Music...minus Chuck Ragan.

Maybe someone else can suggest better. :(

Stuff similar to the Dwarves? Which album? Not all of their albums are that similar, but if you're going the Blood, Guts, and Pussy route then you're looking for hardcore punk. Of course, if you look at an album from them like Horror Stories, then you're looking at a complete tribute to 60s garage and psychedelic.

Anyway, if you like the Dwarves you might want to give the Mentors, the Child Molesters, Fear, Personality Crisis, and Raw Power. Now, these bands aren't exactly sounding like the Dwarves, but I figure you'll find some appreciation for them if you enjoy the Dwarves. I don't want to become redundant and rattle off every hardcore or scum rock band I know of, so I think these would make a nice starting point.

Bronx style punk? Are you talking about stuff like Agnostic Front and Sick of It All? I've never heard that terminology used, but if you want to look into other regions of New York then look at Kraut, Reagan Youth, Even Worse, Heart Attack, Mob, and even the Beastie Boys. Those were all fairly prominent punk bands in the NY area in the early 80s, and you might find something you like mixed in with those groups.

Alexander Von Borsig. It'll be hard to find his seven inches and stuff so if you can't find them, I'll upload something.

Bronx style punk? Are you talking about stuff like Agnostic Front and Sick of It All? I've never heard that terminology used, but if you want to look into other regions of New York then look at Kraut, Reagan Youth, Even Worse, Heart Attack, Mob, and even the Beastie Boys. Those were all fairly prominent punk bands in the NY area in the early 80s, and you might find something you like mixed in with those groups.