Indie tune

YI

Okay, I heard a song in HMV this morning, it was really catchy, I can't really describe it, but it was by one of those totally Arctic Monkey's inspired indie bands. had a fairly harsh sound to it, and a chorus about "when the lights go down"...or 'out'...or 'fade down'...or something I dunno...in the last line of the chorus. I presume it's new. At the time I remember really liking it. Grrrrrr. Help.

It wasn't when the lights go out by the Black Keys perhaps? That's all I can think of.

EDIT: If it's Arctic Monkeys sounding it may well be "Leave Before The Lights Come On" by the Monkeys themselves. It's only got lights in common but...I'll post again if I find any more likely songs.

Edited by metalman

Nope. Definately not that. Not the same vocals. And it was 'heavier' than the Arctic Monkeys. Plus I know the song anyway. Checking the lyrics to the Black Keys, I don't think that's it, but I'll give it a listen.

Nope, definately not The Black Keys...though the song does sound pretty cool.

And totally unrelated...."I'M...STUCK...IN...PARALLEL WORLDS, IT'S SOMETHING SUPERNATURAL, AND IT WONT LET ME GO".....some other shit...how catchy is that song. :(

Edited by YI

Not really Arctic Monkeys inspired, and it's quite mainstream so you'd probably know if it was... but it's the only thing that comes to mind: Plus 44 - Lycanthrope. But I'm not sure if "When the lights go down" is repeated in the song, or if it's part of a verse.

A google search brings up Faith Hill - When The Lights Go Down, but I've downloaded it from Limewire... And it certainly ain't Arctic Monkeys inspired.

Not Plus 44, I'm a fan, Lycanthrope is my favourite song. Cheers again. DAMNIT, this is really pissing me off. :shifty:

If I remember rightly, it had a fairly long changing guitar riff start. Not much help I know. I have a feeling it's new, whcih means if I just keep my ear to the ground/watch MTV2 for a day straight, I'll catch it. :shifty:

Edited by YI

This reminds me of the other day when I was in Virgin.

Me and my friends can get pretty arsey about music every now and then, just the usual "xxx are crap" and "how shit are xxx?" stuff. When we were walking around Virgin the other day they were playing this song that was so amazingly catchy and actually really good. We debated going up and asking what CD they were playing and after some persuasion, we went and asked the the girl behind the desk and she went

"Er, um, Good Charlotte"

We both looked at each other with utter disgust and starting laughing at the fact Good Charlotte is one of those bands we constantly rip and we're walking around a shop going "Fuck me, this song's amazing!"

Erm, anyway :shifty: I honestly can't think what that song is. The line you posted does sound familar but I can't seem to think

Edited by Turbonegro