Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Yeah. Gore. His first year tore his ACL in his right knee then the following year he tore the ACL in his left. So yeah, he had some bad luck. But he came back from that, which many thought he wouldn't and had he not tore his ACL he probably would have stayed for all four years, however he was scared that he would get hurt and not make it to the NFL so he did go to the draft in order to secure himself financialy.

Who here is also rooting for Ricky Williams to successfully return/stay in the NFL?

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for him, but I don't think that he should be banned either.

It'd be nicer if he was on a different team though, as I think a change of scenery from Miami would be the best bet for him. Perhaps landing in a place like Tennessee would be nice for him.

Who here is also rooting for Ricky Williams to successfully return/stay in the NFL?

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for him, but I don't think that he should be banned either.

It'd be nicer if he was on a different team though, as I think a change of scenery from Miami would be the best bet for him. Perhaps landing in a place like Tennessee would be nice for him.

I'm not surprised, but don't rule out a deal just yet. The Redskins told the Bears their offer was Briggs and the 6th pick for the 31st pick, nothing else and they had to answer by Tuesday. There is no way that the Bears were going to be bullied like that into trading Briggs.

I'd love for those talks to be in shambles so that the Niners could get in and possibly get Briggs, but it seems that the price tag may be a bit too high for my liking. I would love a guy like Briggs (who could make a good inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense) in the new Niners defense, but I don't think giving up our first pick and possibly another player would be the answer, especially when we can possibly land a guy like Buster Davis in the second round (I know he's small but this just reeks of the same thing that happened to Zach Thomas).

In other news, I guess the Niners are in talks with the Seahawks to possibly land Darrell Jackson, who would be a nice addition considering the go-to guy for the Niners at this point would probably be Arnaz Battle. Don't get me wrong, Battle had a pretty good year last year, but he doesn't exactly jump out at you as a go-to guy. I just wonder what the price tag for someone like Jackson would be.

I think the Bears could do a 1st and a 4th if it was for the 49ers. The 11th pick could be used on Olsen, then we'd have the 31st and 37th overall pick to build on the lines and/or just get depth.

Carr's gone to Carolina, reports Sky Sports and CBS corraborates it. Both say that he's going to be Delhomme's backup, but I think a lot of the problem Carr had in Houston was the result of his tissue-thin offensive line. If Delhomme doesn't play as well as he's supposed to, Carr could be an interesting prospect for the Panthers.

Carr signs with Panthers, I will definently pick him up in my fantasy league.

Harrington sings with falcons

Yes, I'm sure he has a lovely soprano...since he has no balls and all. Once Bobby Petrino gets pissed off trying to deal with Vick, he can put Harrington in to do...absolutely nothing. Then two games later, Bobby can get fired. :shifty:

In totally unrelated news, Pacman got nailed with a suspension for the ENTIRE SEASON. And Chris Henry got eight games. :lmao: Maybe this'll help keep the rest of the league's players out of the bars, titty or otherwise. Roger Goodell is my new hero.