Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The thing is though that even if they didnt take Quinn, I really couldnt see the next player they would be likely to take to be Adams. Right now they need some body on offense and it really doesnt matter wheater it is Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, or even Thomas, thier offense has been terrible the past few years and they do have the potential to be better with Winslow and Edwards but they need another playmaker at QB or RB to help out first. The only way that the Browns go defense in the 1st round is if they trade down, there is no way they are looking at Adams or another defensive player at #3.

I don't see them taking Thomas, I don't think it's a heavy enough need to spend the money that the 3rd pick covets on a lineman, not for the Browns anyway. And, to me, they can't afford to risk their top pick being injured again, which should scare them off of Peterson. Quinn is the likely choice, and the choice of ownership, but Crennell's been looking hard at Adams, he's been looking at a lot of defensive ends, so it's definately a concern of his. Just gotta wait and see.

Shannahan's been offering 4 picks (first three this year and next year's first) to move up and get Joe Thomas, so if he's available at three, that should be an option for the Browns. I don't see how they could turn that down, but whatever.

Adams isn't a 3-4 end? Why? He's fantastic against the run (112 solo tackles) and can get pressure on the quarterback on his own, rather than through a system. Not to mention, if necessary, he could drop 10-15 pounds and slide to outside linebacker. The Browns had ONE player with more than 4 sacks, that was Wimbley. Adams makes perfect sense here, it's just a matter of whether or not ownership will get their way and land Quinn.

8 Atlanta (from Houston) – LaRon Landry

ACCBiggz – I’m highly doubtful Atlanta will remain in this spot, but if they are I’d expect them to take the best player for them. Landry comes in and fills a need in the secondary for the Falcons.

Typical Phenom - If Atlanta has this pick, the choice will be Laron Landry. If Detroit has this pick, they're taking Leon Hall.

I think they are almost 100% to take Patrick Willis if they were in the 8 position. Though Hall would fill a huge need at CB, which might actually be a bigger need on defense.

No way Tampa Bay takes Thomas. We picked up Luke Petigoot in the offseason and with Joesph and the monster, Trueblood, on the rigtside, (He's 6'9 and 300 pounds) The offensive line will be alot better this year. Would be nice to trade down and get some extra picks and maybe take Okoybe because lets face it, the defense needs some youth.

A bunch of Tampa media foofs are more convinced that Gruden's going to mortgage everything for the one sexy pick to get fans off his back, and they're supposed to be trying pretty hard to move up for Johnson. I'd be damn surprised if they took Thomas, even though it'd be the smart move. The last LT they drafted out of Wisconsin with a Top 5 pick was Paul Gruber, and he turned out pretty okay for a decade or so.

Everything in that mock seems to make sense, but if Levi Brown starts a free-fall as described there, somebody would get antsy and try to move up to take him sooner than #21, I'd guess. I still expect him in Miami.

Not sure why everyone's so down on the chances of the Browns taking a defensive player. The offense has some very underrated tools to work with...Edwards, Winslow, now Lewis. If they feel they can snag a receiver like Steve Smith or Sidney Rice in the second round, why not give Charlie Frye another year with another weapon? The defense can certainly use the help. Although, for some reason, Gaines Adams just screams "bust" to me. I get the feeling he's one of those guys that'll start getting the paychecks and get real happy with himself. Just a feeling.

Atlanta desperately needs to make that trade to the #2 slot for Calvin. If Petrino thinks he's going to make Vick a passing QB yet, he'll need to give him some targets. Plus, great PR from drafting a local guy.

Anyone else get the feeling that Dan Snyder would try to push for Quinn with the #6 if he's there?

Very easily see Peterson falling to the Texans if people believe that he really did hurt himself again in the Fiesta Bowl. And it'd be just their luck for it to be true, and he'd need surgery to put him out until October.

I get the feeling from everything I read down here that if the Jags want Nelson, they could very easily trade down and still get him.

Finally, why wasn't I consulted on this? I'd have loved to have thrown down on something like this. <_<

Snyder's the same guy who loads up on free agents like a crack-addled fantasy player. I just wonder if maybe he'd want the biggest name available, even if it did mean throwing Jason Campbell under the bus.

If there's a mass MSN/AOL chat, I want in.

EDIT: Also, ESPN.com's Michael Smith is reporting that a source told him the Raider's are confirmed to be taking JaMarcus Russell. I know, big shock, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Edited by Trey

My guess is that the Raiders aren't trying to sign their first pick before the draft (ala Houston last year) for one of two reasons:

1.) They haven't fully made up their minds on who to pick

2.) They are still entertaining trade offers and the like.

I can't see many teams trading all the way up to #1, so I'd guess it's the first option.

Or maybe they just like keeping me in suspense...who knows ;)

What I've heard is that if the Raiders draft Russell, The Lions will draft Calvin Johnson. They might trade him, or they might keep him, but that's what I've heard.

Either way, it looks to be an interesting draft.

Edited by jase12881

You guys looking for a chat or something, should look at ESPN.com, you should be able to find something that you can use to keep track of everything.

It'll be interesting to see who the Niners will take at their first spot if they stay there, I still don't know what direction they're going to go in.

I'm personally not looking for updates, but discussion when I'm asking for a chat. I know of a few places I could go, but they are all homer fans and always refuse to look at the big picture.