Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Troy Smith.

What with the Heisman and all.

Troy Smith will not be a good NFL player. You can quote me on that. He's much too short for the position and isn't talented enough. A good parallel is Eric Crouch: Heisman Trophy Winner, speedy and had a decent arm. Got drafted and faded out. Smith will be playing in Arena Football or CFL in the next 3-4 years.

Don't get me wrong, he was very good in college, but its a different game in the NFL.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Troy Smith.

What with the Heisman and all.

Troy Smith will not be a good NFL player. You can quote me on that. He's much too short for the position and isn't talented enough. A good parallel is Eric Crouch: Heisman Trophy Winner, speedy and had a decent arm. Got drafted and faded out. Smith will be playing in Arena Football or CFL in the next 3-4 years.

Don't get me wrong, he was very good in college, but its a different game in the NFL.

Alright, now Dallas' drafting is annoying me. I know Jerry Jones thinks the team could have lined up yesterday and played, but we still have needs. Now I was actually excited about the prospect of getting Brady Quinn, but we have Romo and want to see how he pans out, and we robbed the Browns of their first round pick next year, which will almost certainly be in the top 12.

My problem begins with trading back up and giving up the second rounder we got from Cleveland. Was defensive end a glaring need? Not in my eyes. We have Spears and Canty, and while they haven't been spectacular, they've both had some injuries, but they aren't exactly busts. Linebacker/DE hybrids, we've got Ware and Ellis, who before he went down was playing wonderfully at his new spot. Now I know once Ellis went down that side of the defense struggled, but the cowboys are still stocked at LBs and Carpenter and Kevin Burnett could have filled in if Ellis or Ware goes down.

Spencer is a good pickup, and will probably end up replacing Canty on one side at DE, but I don't think DE was a glaring need for the Cowboys, and they are certainly better stocked there then they are at DT, Safety and certainly wide reciever.

Giving up the Browns second round choice means we won't select again till the 50s and we'll be left with the bottom end of the top 15-20 recievers, most likely finding someone who's about as good as Patrick Clayton, certainly not the game breaker we'll need in the next few years.

Of course my compaints are pretty null and void, as the cowboys will have 2 first rounders next year and will almost certainly be using of them to acquire a wide reciever somehow.