Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

They wouldn't be going head to head with them right away. It'd be on Friday, a day where no NFL games are played so they could easily get some ratings. And ABC doesn't have the NFL anymore, ESPN does but because of that connection, I doubt they'll get a deal on the network. They could start out on cable then in a couple of years, become bigger and get a better TV deal, much like wrestling.

Oh and nothing in the Spring? AFL ring a bell? They're not up to par with the NFL but they're gaining in popularity.

AFL is more adult oreintated than the NFL which is family friendly. Everyone is wasted by halftime at arena games and that's what makes it so great. Personally I think them getting the deal with ESPN is going to ruin the adult atomosphere of Arena football. Nothing like the whole stadium chanting bull shit.

Wait, I thought Cuban said there was more demand than supply for American football. Surely that would imply spring being the best time to launch a new league. It will never, ever work if it starts in autumn as there's the NFL, college and high school games on. Even if you do play on a different night.

Yeah now that you bring that up high school football here is primaily on Fridays so if that is when the game are broadcast I am betting that alot of the football fans that might watch the games are going to be at the local high schools watching games. Broadcasting in the spring just makes alot more sense to me and the league would probably actually last in the spring as well.

Well when you consider Pacman's is more than Henry's when it should be the opposite, I can see it.

Oh and the fact that I don't believe Goodell ever said that anybody would grandfathered in, you basically assumed that.

Okay, somebody needs to have their nuts fed to wombats while still attached and Morton Salt poured over the wounds:

NEW ORLEANS - About $16,000 worth of belongings was reported stolen from the home of the late Marquise Hill's mother while she was at the funeral for her son, a New England Patriots lineman who drowned last week, police said Wednesday.

No suspects have been identified in Saturday's burglary at the eastern New Orleans home of Sherry Hill, who told police that she left for her son's funeral at 10:45 a.m. and discovered the break-in when she returned around 5:45 p.m.

"It's an open case," said New Orleans Police Department spokesman Garry Flot. "We don't know who did it."

A telephone call to Sherry Hill was not answered.

Flot said a laptop and a television were among the stolen items. A rear bedroom window was apparently pried open.

"Everybody knew his funeral was on that date," Flot said of Hill, a former LSU star who played sparingly for the Patriots.

On Tuesday, another police spokesman indicated that investigators had identified a suspect but Flot said that was not the case. "We are working leads," he said, "but no arrest warrants have been issued and no one has been arrested."

Hill's family, friends and teammates gathered in New Orleans for his funeral Saturday, nearly a week after he drowned in a personal watercraft accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

Besides his mother, Hill, 24, is survived by his fiancee Inell Benn and his 2-year-old son Mashy.

Hill, who helped relatives rebuild in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, was home for Memorial Day weekend. He and a female friend went for a ride on the watercraft without life vests and fell into the water. The woman survived, but Hill drowned in an area of swirling currents.

From MSNBC.

Fucking sick motherfuckers out there.

They shouldn't get their job taken away, unless they aren't performing to standard. And we can all agree Pacman Jones, Chris Henry and Tank Johnson are all performing on the field to standard.

Your conclusion SOUNDS like star players should be allowed to be as criminal-minded and sociopathic as they damn well please. If anything, big-name players need to be held to an even higher standard. Goodell, thus far, is the fucking man in my book. I'll be quite interested to see what he does to Mike Vick when it's found out that he was involved in the dogfighting operation.

Tank was found guilty, Henry was found guilty a few times too.

Only person who wasn't was Pacman, who was in the news every week for another run in with police. He's guilty of giving NFL players a poor image and not adhering to the standard they should hold themselves to. While suspending him a whole season might seem a little extreme, if any of the investigations he's currently involved in turn up anything, it'll justify it.

Yeah, if he had suspended Vick for all this stuff already, then yeah, he would've jumped the gun, but he didn't jump the gun on anybody else, as they were all convicted or in Pacman's case, he just never got the point. I agree that, if anything, Henry's and Pacman's suspsensions should've been reversed because Pacman hasn't been proven guilty of anything, but there's no doubt he needed to be suspended.

And I don't mind the Tank thing as much as the others because they've already said that it's really going to be a 6 game suspension since Tank has been doing all the right things.

And bfgthefuture, your "let them play and let law the law handle it" view is stupid because like Chris Henry, if he's been arrested umpteen times and isn't going to jail how do you think that affects the league's image? The NFL isn't just football, it's a business and in the best interest of the business, suspsensions have to be handed out if dumbasses don't get the point that just because you make a lot money doesn't mean you're above the law. Goodell is good for the game and the league and anybody who "hates" him because he's cleaning the league up of all the dumbasses who think they're untouchable, really needs to open their eyes and see that the NFL isn't just a bunch of people playing football, it's just like any other business in the US.

Edited by Captain Cuntbag

And bfgthefuture, your "let them play and let law the law handle it" view is stupid because like Chris Henry, if he's been arrested umpteen times and isn't going to jail how do you think that affects the league's image? The NFL isn't just football, it's a business and in the best interest of the business, suspsensions have to be handed out if dumbasses don't get the point that just because you make a lot money doesn't mean you're above the law. Goodell is good for the game and the league and anybody who "hates" him because he's cleaning the league up of all the dumbasses who think they're untouchable, really needs to open their eyes and see that the NFL isn't just a bunch of people playing football, it's just like any other business in the US.

Protect Mike Vick? Tell him to not break the law and be involved in a dog fighting ring. And just from a PR point of view, imo, dog fighting is more damaging than getting a DUI and such. Where with drinking and whatnot you can somewhat get sympathy from the American public, and hold a press conference saying you are doing this and that. With dog fighting, it shows you are scum and with how Americans are with cases such as these, I don't expect it to be a pleasent season on the road for him, which I'm glad because it's a revolting disgusting case.