Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

The Cowboy's defense has been medicore at best this season, so I don't see them doing any better at the pass rush against Brady, which equals death for them.

We were in the top 10 against both pass and defense before the Buffalo game and we're still 7th against the rush now (12th against the pass), that's better than just 'mediocre', and our turnover differential before the Bills game was the best in the league. Our defense has certainly been above average which is encouraging considering the injuries we've suffered.

Have you watched them play? They are medicore at best, with the potential to be really good (Spencer, Spears, Williams, Ware, etc). Don't buy into the stats, they haven't played that well. They have the talent, but watching the games and seeing them play, medicore at best so far this season.

No I haven't seen them play, I'm a huge Cowboys fan but don't watch my team at all.

Of course I've seen them play and they've looked very good at points. We'll face bigger challenges down the road than St. Louis and Chicago's offenses, but we've done a good job of what we've been handed with injuries to four key defensive players. You can't just ignore the stats, it's a stat-driven sport and more often than not they provide a good representation of how the team is playing.

I feel its the Tony Romo Over Confidence Syndrome. Happened last year, he put down 5 straight wins, got full of himself and struggled for the rest of the season. Seemed like that is what happened last night. I love Tony but he seems to buy into his own hype a little too much. A few of those interceptions shouldn't have happened, he was making some bad throws. I really think he plays better when he has to scramble around and not think about what he has to do.

I'm a gigantic Cowboys fan here, but even I don't like our chances against New England. But who knows, we were supposed to be crushed by the undefeated Colts last season and we lit them up. I don't think this New England game will be a blow out, we've been showing all season how scrappy we are, and our games truly aren't over till the final whistle.

Part of the reason Dallas' defense looks so good statistically is that they are blowing teams out on the offensive end and also doing a good job with the TOP. If your defense doesn't spend that much time on the field and they have a big lead to work with it's a lot easier to play defense.

They did give up 35 pts and 438 yds against the only team they've played with a winning record (the Giants). The rest of their opponents are having awful years as Miami & St. Louis are both 0-5, Buffalo's 1-4 and Chicago is lucky to be 2-3. Even if you take away the 5 losses those teams absorbed from the 'Boys they're still a combined 6-14.

You can't just ignore the stats, it's a stat-driven sport

It's really not. Not at all. If you look at stats and not the game film you are going to be a very unsuccessful coach/player/team. They haven't looked like a stand-out defense so far. They are not playing physical for the entire game. Getting Newman back helped a lot and I think once Wade gets Ware perfectly into the scheme they'll be one of the top defenses in the league. But saying its a stat driven sport is laughable.

I don't mean stat-driven as in 'let's ignore the footage and read up on the stats'. No sport is like that. My point is that the stats usually accurately reflect a team's performances. I didn't say we looked like a stand-out defense, either, I said we were better than 'mediocre at best' which was your original point.

If they play like they have the first five weeks, they'll get torched by the Patriots.

How do you get that? The Cowboys have been one of the best teams in the NFL the first few weeks and have the top rated offense. Sure we've yet to play a really good team (so have the Pats actually) but to say we'll get 'torched' based on our first five performances, which have all been wins and the majority convincing ones, is stupid.

How do you get that? The Cowboys have been one of the best teams in the NFL the first few weeks and have the top rated offense. Sure we've yet to play a really good team (so have the Pats actually) but to say we'll get 'torched' based on our first five performances, which have all been wins and the majority convincing ones, is stupid.

Dallas fans are funny. Romo isn't Aikman, TO isn't Irvin, and Jones/Barber III aren't Emmitt.

Dallas has a sub-par secondary, with only one good coverage player (Newman), and a saftey that is a great 8th man in the box, but gets routinely killed in coverage (Williams). No true NT for a 3-4, and a bunch of players that could be REALLY good, but just aren't yet.

Dallas won't even win the NFC East. Washington is a better team.

I am sick and tired of reading this. No I am not a Dallas fan, but I will tell you this. If Dallas beats Buffalo say 25-3 (considering thats all they scored on offense) and Romo throws 2 TD's, 300 Yards and no picks, all of you would be saying Dallas and New England should be a good match up, but realistically New England still looks like the better team. Romo had one bad game! It is okay for that to happen sometimes, Manning does it sometimes (well not really), but the Cowboys will bounce back. They still only let up 3 points to the Bills on offense. 3! It just doesn't make sense for everyone to bash them because they just survived one of the worst teams in the NFL. Romo is still young and was in a very loud place in Buffalo and he just didn't have his usual stuff that night. Romo will bounce back and should give New England a good game, but New England is going undefeated so they will pull it out.

Plus, DMN, how can you say Washington is a better team. They might be 3-1, but they beat the Dolphins, the struggling Eagles and the Lions who can't beat the Redskins in Washington with their franchise on the line. Yeah they might have won by a large margin, but think back to the Giants game. They GAVE them the game. Both teams didn't want to win and the Giants were just lucky to come out on top. Campbell looked awful in that game and couldn't be a big time player and score inside the what, 5 was it, on four plays. Trust me, Romo and his Cowboys in that situation score on probably on two plays. Campbell isn't a big time QB yet and they are going to depend on the Defense to much with Portis always hurting on and off.

You ask who the Redskins have beat, but who the hell have the Cowboys beat? Chicago?

Washington is the better team, and have the better QB. Dallas is overrated, as always, and when the two face off, people will see this. Dallas is flashy, but don't really have the substance.

And I'd be saying the same thing if Dallas had won 25-3. They haven't played anyone. New England is going to eat their lunch.

I told my dad before the game Dallas wasn't as good as they are being made out to be. So the argument of if they had beaten Buffalo by 20+ doesn't hold up. They are a solid team, no question. They need better offensive line and defensive play before I start putting them up there in a Super Bowl sense. Their defense as I said are playing medicore at best right now, an average defense, with potential to be very good. And saying Washington hasn't beaten anyone, and the Giants giving them the game.... Buffalo gave Dallas the game last night, Chicago sort of gave them the game by allowing Grossman to be associated with the National Football League.

The Redskins are too inconsistent to win a division like the NFC East. Jason Campbell is not better than Tony Romo and the weapons they do have are overrated. I don't rate their defense to be better than ours either, probably about the same level.

I don't think anyone is seriously predicting the Cowboys to beat the Patriots. You'd be crazy to predict anyone to beat the Pats at the minute.

What the hell are you smoking today DMN? The Redskins are a better team and have a better QB?

Up untill last night, Romo had 11 TDs, 3 INTs. Campbell through 4 games has 4 TDs, 3 INTs. So having 7 less TDs through the same amount of games makes someone better? Great argument there buddy.

Yeah, the Cowboys beat Chicago, which is still far more impressive than any team the Skins have beaten this season. They couldn't get past the Giants, who are horrid and only have a good record cause they've beaten bad teams like Philly and oh yeah, the Redskins.

But Washington is a better team, despite the fact that the Cowboys are undefeated, including wins over the team thats beaten the Redskins and the defending NFC champions? Care to make any more ridiculously off base and unsubstatiated claims? Or has your boner for the Skins gone down yet?

Anywho, we'll probably end up 5-1 next week, reguardless of how well we play. We'll still beat the Redskins twice this year though. Thats for sure

When all is said and done, Dallas will be a wild card team, and Washington will win that division.

Sorry, but I'm not on the Tony Romo Ball Lickin' Bandwagon. He's erratic, and just isn't a great QB yet. I would take Campbell over him, more upside, and he plays better in his system than Romo does in his.

I love Dallas fans, they're like Notre Dame fans. Perennially overrate their team, and can't handle it when someone has a legitimate critiscm of them.

You don't have a legitimate criticism! I backed up my argument with statistics, you're choosing to ignore them completely. Tony Romo is erratic, but through 4 games had just as many INTs as Campbell, with 7 more TDs. Good point DMN, really nailed me on that one.

Washington won't be winning the division cause they won't be beating the Cowboys.

You don't have a legitimate criticism! I backed up my argument with statistics, you're choosing to ignore them completely. Tony Romo is erratic, but through 4 games had just as many INTs as Campbell, with 7 more TDs. Good point DMN, really nailed me on that one.

Washington won't be winning the division cause they won't be beating the Cowboys.

Romo isn't an All-Pro quarterback yet. You have to realize he's started about 1 season's worth of games in the NFL. You want to know who else had satrted one years worth of NFL games and they were praising him as the next Ron Jaworski...Bobby Hoying. Bobby Hoying threw 11 TD's to 6 interceptions in his 1 full season in the NFL. The next year, Hoying threw 9 picks and no TD's. It just goes to say that the good quarterback's are the one's that can rebound from a game like Romo had last night. Romo has shown that he can still lead the 'boys to a score even though he's throuwn those 5 picks. If Romo can lead his team to a win in New England, then I will start considering him a good quarterback. Until then, I'm about as frightened of him leading an offense as I am Anthony Calvillo leading the Alouettes down the field.