Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Does anyone think the Packers match up well against the Patriots?

Assuming this goes down, as a Packer fan, I think we match up very well except in one area. Our secondary has been regarded as top 5 in the league, but the lack of depth at corner could kill us. After Al Harris and Charles Woodson covering Moss and Stallworth, there's Jarred Bush trying to stop Wes Welker, and I just think that he'd be able to get those 8 yard gains every play that he's made a name for himself doing. Other than that, I think it'd be even at just about every other area, but the Packers have the edge in the running game.

I'd be hoping to god that put Harris on Welker instead of Stallworth. To beat the Pats you need to take out Welker and Moss. Take out Moss and Stallworth and they'll murder you with a short passing game. You need to lock down Moss and then disrupt the short passing game, cause Donte Stallworth won't kill you by himself. Woodson can absolutely take Moss out of the game, and thats always an excellent matchup between the two, but if the Packers don't use Harris the right way, they've got no shot.

Brady plays his worst game of the season and the Pats still win by 9. Regardless of the outcome of the next game, they'll win the Super Bowl by at least a TD since the weather should be great and that certainly helps the Pats more than the Giants or Packers.

You know you'd think the Chargers might figure out that if Faulk lines up at WR, they're going to throw to him, especially considering it happened every other fucking play! This was of course made worse by the fact that the Chargers LBs were dropped into coverage...covering no one on most plays.

Wow, they played a hideous second half and had no business being in that game.

You know, if only Maroney could run in the middle or through contact .... the Pats might have a running game. [/sarcasm] Yeah, he did it again today. Great showing. Yes, I said great ... because he did a great job running. He showed his vision, cutting ability, and that he DOES throw down the shoulder.

Pack/Pats matchup ? Yeah, I like the battle that would develop between the Pack DB's and the Pats WR's. It would be a matter of which one screwed up first. I think the aggressive nature of the Pack DB's would eventually bite them in the ass. You can cry all you want about officiating love that the Pats seemingly get, but it's a fact that the Pack secondary doesn't get penalized as much as it should. That battle would be decided by whether or not the Pack can disrupt the passing trio before they start getting hauled in for being overly aggressive.

Brady/Favre is a toss up. The same with Maroney/Grant. I like the Pats overall D though. Personally, I think that of the two NFC teams left, GB would make the better opponent.

I'll agree with you on the Rivers one. I don't care if you think he flopped or not, Seymour had absolutely no buisness shoving him and should have been penalized for it.

But again, the Chargers defense was playing so terribly down the stretch that it wouldn't have mattered

Well, congrats Patriots, you'll be going 19-0, following what I will predict to be the most incredible choke job in NFL History.

Eli Manning 4 INTs in the Superbowl, over or under? I'll take the over

Eli Manning's gonna SHOCK THE WORLD~! The Giants will win the Super Bowl 38-35 on a last second drive by the gritty, gutty, aw shucks leader of the team :shifty:

Seriously though, it's so refreshing to watch the "lowly" Giants win 3 games on the road and have fans of those teams continue to bitch and complain that they aren't good enough. They were good enough to end your season, which is good enough for me.

You can cry all you want about officiating love that the Pats seemingly get

And I will. What was the deal with Seymour shoving Rivers over after the play had been called dead? He was right in front of the referee but didn't get penalised. Same thing with whoever it was on the New England defense who decided to kick the ball away - delay of game right there.

I'm not complaining. The Giants played a great game. I place the blame firmly on our running game and the secondary. Al Harris mostly. This looked much like the 4th and 26 Packers from a couple of years ago tonight. Subpar tackling and blown coverages.

That said, go Giants.

Eli Manning's gonna SHOCK THE WORLD~! The Giants will win the Super Bowl 38-35 on a last second drive by the gritty, gutty, aw shucks leader of the team :shifty:

Seriously though, it's so refreshing to watch the "lowly" Giants win 3 games on the road and have fans of those teams continue to bitch and complain that they aren't good enough. They were good enough to end your season, which is good enough for me.