Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Some idiot is going to run to the media and say every Patriots game was videotaped, or every opponent's practices were videotaped. The truth is, how much do we know and how much did really happen?

The way I see it... you go out there, you play the game, the defense has to respond to whatever goes on. No two plays end up the exact same way. What's the point of stealing signs when they always change? What's the point of videotaping shit when every play is different? Where's the benefit?

Some idiot is going to run to the media and say every Patriots game was videotaped, or every opponent's practices were videotaped. The truth is, how much do we know and how much did really happen?

The way I see it... you go out there, you play the game, the defense has to respond to whatever goes on. No two plays end up the exact same way. What's the point of stealing signs when they always change? What's the point of videotaping shit when every play is different? Where's the benefit?

The NFL came out and said they heard this months ago and said it was untrue and there was no proof of it.

Media just waited until the day before the Super Bowl to drop it.

Miami was caught in 2006, New York in 2007. The 49ers broke the free agency rules back in the day by negotiating contracts before they were supposed to. Every team cheats it is just a matter of getting caught, the Pats did.

Everybody get over it, the Patriots are more talented then your team this year.

Edited by Evil Chase K

I'm not saying it's right. But then again, what's the difference between that and watching some game film? Go DVR the game between the Titans and the Colts... and then you play the Colts next week? Oh gee, I wonder what they can do... let's go watch that Titans game. Who did they play the week before that? The Jags? Alright, go find that game too.

Same thing. That's legal, no?

There's a difference between seeing what they run in "open source" games and seeing what they CAN run in a practice/final walkthrough.

It's the same difference between seeing a game like EWR, knowing what codebase it uses and making assumptions based on that as to how you would code that same feature for your own game, and just looking at the EWR source code.

I'm not saying it's right. But then again, what's the difference between that and watching some game film? Go DVR the game between the Titans and the Colts... and then you play the Colts next week? Oh gee, I wonder what they can do... let's go watch that Titans game. Who did they play the week before that? The Jags? Alright, go find that game too.

Same thing. That's legal, no?

Would this topic be all that fun if you had everyone in agreeance? I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here.

I would much rather see the Patriots actually show off they are talented and disciplined and hard working hard studying players of the game of football... no illegal shenanigans involved. That and I'm sick of hearing this fucking shit about how it's disgraceful to be a Patriots fan because Belicheck/this other guy went out and videotaped a game and found a guy with Asperger's to watch other teams plays. It's not right, but what are you gonna do?

Would this topic be all that fun if you had everyone in agreeance? I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here.

I would much rather see the Patriots actually show off they are talented and disciplined and hard working hard studying players of the game of football... no illegal shenanigans involved. That and I'm sick of hearing this fucking shit about how it's disgraceful to be a Patriots fan because Belicheck/this other guy went out and videotaped a game and found a guy with Asperger's to watch other teams plays. It's not right, but what are you gonna do?

My stance on this is simple, based on what we know DID happen with the Pats taping the Jets, if anyone, especially a former Pats employee, is claiming the Pats taped other teams, you absolutely have to investigate, its ridiculous not to.

Well maybe if the majority of your fellow fans weren't so obnoxious, if the team wasn't so arrogant, if Boston actually cared about the Pats before 2001, if Belichick wasn't such a prick, if they didn't cheat, etc.

But they did. And that will, in the minds of a LOT of NFL fans, forever taint their accomplishments. Even if they are legit.

Personally if I was in your situation, while I would not stop rooting for my team, it would take some of the enjoyment out of them being champions knowing that some of the most prominent people in the fanchise (players and coaches) were big pieces of shit. But to each their own.

Edited by Pepsi

Yeah, try living IN New England. Boston sports fans are ridiculously obnoxious. My patriot fans friends give my roommate shit because he's a 49ers fan, relentlessly and for no reason at all, the kid doesn't say anything to them and is much more respectful towards the Pats than I am.

However, its mostly the real front running Pats fans, just like front running Red Sox fans that are the worst, for obvious reasons.

What can we say? We're passionate about our sports. And you, you don't root for teams popular around here. Italians root for Yankees/Giants, everyone else roots for the Sox/Pats... don't bitch about everyone else when you go against the grain.

Down when I was in New York at college, I would wear stuff with the Red Sox logo and random people would give me shit about it. In the 2003 ALCS, fights broke out and I fled campus to avoid getting my ass whooped by some Yanks fan. It's not fun, but I've been there. Which makes me somewhat modest about me being a fan. I've been "that guy" from the outside. You just shut the fuck up and deal with it, because you're an outsider and nobody is going to help you or respect you.

Every team's fans are obnoxious, that is the mentality you'll take when you are talking to an opposing team's fan. Some are cocky, some are assholes, some are bandwagoners, some are legit NFL fans, some are just regular fans. It depends on who you talk to. Spygate was a big deal months ago. They got caught, they were punished, done deal. I don't trust an unnamed source who came out the day before the Super Bowl, neither does the NFL. People hate the Patriots the same way they hated the Yankees, because they are better. They can be beat, but they haven't been yet.

Every team's fans are obnoxious, that is the mentality you'll take when you are talking to an opposing team's fan. Some are cocky, some are assholes, some are bandwagoners, some are legit NFL fans, some are just regular fans. It depends on who you talk to. Spygate was a big deal months ago. They got caught, they were punished, done deal. I don't trust an unnamed source who came out the day before the Super Bowl, neither does the NFL. People hate the Patriots the same way they hated the Yankees, because they are better. They can be beat, but they haven't been yet.

And if you'd read Greg Easterbrook's column on ESPN.com he says that reporters have been working on these stories since Spygate first broke. They didn't time it to coincide with the Super Bowl.
Edited by Pepsi