Fuck The Police

Nerf

This is the way I see it...

It's to be expected that Roma would taunt United fans if and when they scored. It was a bit daft by some of the Utd fans to react, but unfortunately every club has it's idiots.

BUT the reaction from the police was completely overboard. They beat people senseless even when they were already on the ground and subdued. Several people got beat on with batons whilst crying out for medical attention.

What ticked me off the most is that there wasn't the same degree of "policing" on the other side of the safety fence. Why should one set of fans be treated like that and not the others? Their behavior was at the very least as bad as each other. While Utd fans were getting thrashed by the police the Roma fans continued to harrass and taunt them from behind the glass like they were at the zoo or something.

Some fans didn't even make it to the game. Reports say that 12 fans (all Utd) were hospitalised before the game. One fan and his friends got dropped off at the stadium by taxi at the wrong end and he got stabbed just after he got out the car.

They should ban Italian teams from every competition, ever.

Some fans didn't even make it to the game. Reports say that 12 fans (all Utd) were hospitalised before the game. One fan and his friends got dropped off at the stadium by taxi at the wrong end and he got stabbed just after he got out the car.

They should ban Italian teams from every competition, ever.

I read an interview with one of the victims in the paper. He said he asked the taxi driver to drop them off at the area where the other Man Utd fans were. The driver was a bit of a dick and stopped in a place full of Roma fans who all had knives. They grounded him and stabbed them and there were no policemen to be seen.

Things like these have been happening to much in Italy just to be a one-off. There was the trouble at Italy v Scotland a couple of years ago, Dida being attacked with a flare, policeman getting killed...

Edited by metalman

Roma have had a history of trouble. Football Focus listed 7 incidents there in the past 6 years.

Just rememeber that if it had been foriegn fans in England treated like that, people would be calling for us to be booted out of everything.

There's no excuse for it. I hate the fact that they hit innocent kids, women and just fans that have had no part in it. The fans that reacted in the first place are probably the one's that get away without a scratch. It's sickening. God, I hate Italian football.