WWF October 1997: Changes

BFG

WWELogo_94-98.png

Way back in January 1997, the Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels ruled the WWF. Rocky Maivia was just debuting, and ECW was quickly on the rise. It's now October '97, and everything has changed. Here is now a month by month review of what happened, and what is very soon to come.

January 1997

The future looked bright for a young star by the name of Rocky Maivia, winning every match in the month of January, including pin falls over Mankind, Ahmed Johnson, and Vader.

Signed away from ECW, Rob Van Dam and Sabu made a huge splash on the tag team scene, winning the tag team titles vs. British Bulldog and Owen Hart.

The team of Bulldog and Owen never recovered, as Owen split from Bulldog, making his try in singles competition.

At Royal Rumble, Owen Hart defeated Bret Hart in a brother vs. brother match.

Ken Shamrock defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley to win his first WWF Intercontinental Championship.

WWF President Gorilla Monsoon set up a rematch the next night on Monday Night Raw. Shamrock lost the IC Title to HHH.

Bret Hart turned heel that night, by helping Steve Austin win the WWF World Title from Shawn Michaels.

Yokozuna won the Royal Rumble match, ensuring a title shot at Wrestlemania.

The WWF took a chance, by signing former Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Bill Goldberg. Goldberg had no prior wrestling experience.

Goldberg never developed, as the WWF fans did not enjoy his boring gimmick. He was released after three weeks.

A new stable was formed, called the Suicide Solution.

The stable consisted of Vader, the Road Warriors Animal and Hawk and new manager Rick Rude.

February 1997

The new month started off bright and early. On February 1st, Billy Gunn turned heel by joining the Suicide Solution.

Gunn now had no gimmick, just loves kicking ass. Fans called him Billy "No Funn" Gunn. He was a major heel in the month of February.

Sycho Sid won the WWF World Title from Bret Hart at a new pay-per view called St. Valentine's Day Massacre on February 14th.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Ken Shamrock's feud lasted through all of January, as well as February, as Shamrock won the IC Title back from HHH.

The third signing from ECW was made this month, as Raven tore through the midcard ranks, as he won many matches during the month of April.

Keiji Muto was expected to be the next big thing, signing a multi-million dollar deal, but the signing blew up in the WWF's faces, as the fans never had a positive reaction for him.

Muto was released after less than two months.

Flash Funk had a knee injury, which would sideline him for months to come.

March 1997

Rocky Maivia impressed even more, and when Suicide Solution asked for Maivia to join, he declined.

The leader of Suicide Solution, Vader took his agression out phyiscally, brutally attacking Maivia.

Maivia then missed most of the month of March due to the beating by Vader.

The WWF was missing a midcard title, and so WWF Chairman Vince McMahon set up a 10 man battle royal match in England for the WWF European Title.

The British Bulldog became the first WWF European Champion, which was also won in his birth state.

The Extreme Championship Wrestling has declared bankruptcy.

Manager Rick Rude asked WWF President Gorilla Monsoon for an IC title shot, and when he accepted the challenge, Vader won the IC Title from Shamrock, with help from No Funn Gunn.

At Wrestlemania, Rocky Maivia demanded an IC title shot, and when Monsoon accepted the challenge that night, Maivia won the title, elevating his status to a main event superstar.

In a Clash Of The Titans Match, the 500+ pound Yokozuna won the WWF World Title from Sycho Sid, now a third time champion.

After Wrestlemania, three main eventers known all around the world, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker, asked for their release as a protest.

The reason for leave was they all thought the World Title was being run improperly, and none of the three had a shot at the Title. When Yokozuna gained the title, they just decided to leave to the WCW.

Although WCW fans expected to see all three wrestlers join, seen as a major surprise and the upset of the year, only The Undertaker was signed by WCW.

In the WCW, The Undertaker didn't even live up to the hype, as he was, and still is, only a midcard wrestler.

April 1997

Huge news involving a different federation, Extreme Championship Wrestling folded after declaring bankruptcy on March 28th, 1997.

Considered the turn of the month, Raven turned on former ECW friends Rob Van Dam and Sabu by interfering in a match against the Road Warriors for the WWF Tag Team Titles, thus joining Suicide Solution.

Raven shows his loyalty to Vader and Suicide Solution by defeating Rocky Maivia on April 14th, 1997 to win the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

A new superstar by the name of Adam Copeland made his mark in the WWF, with pinfalls over Aldo Montoya, Sabu, and Keiji Muto.

Only one week before Backlash, Rocky Maivia wins his first WWF World Title, by defeating Yokozuna on Monday Night Raw.

The Million Dollar Corporation was created after Ted DiBiase was resigned by the WWF.

Stable members included Yoshihiro Tajiri, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Yokozuna, Owen Hart, and of course The Million Dollar Dream, Ted DiBiase.

Former USWA wrestlers Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher were signed by the WWF in an attempt to bolster the tag team division. They won the Tag Team Titles from the Road Warriors at Backlash.

The main event of Backlash is in heavy consideration for Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Match of the Year, when Rocky Maivia defeated Vader again in a last man standing match, retaining the WWF World Title in the process.

Mankind quickly turned into a fan favorite when he changed his gimmick to Dude Love, a fun loving wrestler.

Brother Love debuted back into the WWF as the manager for Dude Love. Brother Love was last seen early January, as the manager of the Sisters of Love (now known as the Headbangers)

May 1997

Former Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle debuted by joining the Million Dollar Corporation. His crowd reaction skyrocketed, quickly becoming one of the most hated wrestlers of the year.

Judgement Day proved to be a bust, with few big name superstars booked, and the attendance was the lowest for a pay-per-view all year.

The only draw from the pay-per-view card was a Vader vs. Dude Love cage match, with Vader out on top.

Ken Shamrock won his third WWF Intercontinental Championship by defeating Raven. This leaves many fans wondering when, or if he ever will get a WWF World Championship title shot.

Just one week after Judgement Day on Superstars, Owen Hart won the WWF Intercontinental Title from Shamrock, with help from Raven.

In an attempt to make the upper-midcard division more competitive, the WWF created a title that would reign "supreme," known as the WWF Supreme Title.

Kurt Angle won the first ever WWF Supreme Title over Dude Love.

Former ECW and SMW wrestler Lance Storm debuted this month.

June 1997

Not one, but two major steals were made this month. The WWF bought out the contracts of former WCW wrestlers Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho, in an attempt to liven up the recently boring matches.

The contract buyouts proved to be a "steal," as both superstars were loved by the fans, and they truely made the upper-midcard status a sucess.

Jericho debuted when Kurt Angle told WWF fans that nobody would challenge him and his WWF Supreme Title, and Jericho came down the titantron like a man on a mission. That mission was to win the WWF Supreme Title.

Benoit came in as an attempt to save Ken Shamrock from Owen Hart and the Million Dollar Corporation, which then started a feud with Hart.

During the month of June, many fans saw tag team action from Canadian Violence Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit versus Million Dollar Corporation members Kurt Angle and Owen Hart.

King Of The Ring was a huge success, and was seen as the event of the year. The match results included:

Ken Shamrock over Raven in a King Of The Ring Finals Match

Owen Hart over Chris Benoit in a Submission Match

Chris Jericho over Kurt Angle for the WWF Supreme Title

Steve Austin over Rocky Maivia for the WWF World Title

Vader over Dude Love in a first ever Hell In A Cell Match

July 1997

The WWF gets riskier, and a whole lot more "gangsta." The Gangstas, New Jack and Mustafa were signed in May after ECW folded to the USWA, and were called up this month.

This became much disputed, because just earlier this year, the WWF would not even think of signing "gangstas" such as New Jack and Mustafa. Fans enjoyed them though, as they had a positive fan response.

Revenue increased very much, due to the fan base coming out to see these new superstars.

The new pay-per-view show Fully Loaded had was an amazing show, as good, if not better than King Of The Ring. These matches included:

Hunter Hearst Helmsley over New Jack

Adam Copeland drew Rob Van Dam via double countout

Owen Hart over Chris Benoit in a submission rematch

Christian Cage over Scott Taylor

Dude Love over Raven in a hardcore match

Chris Jericho over Kurt Angle

Ken Shamrock over Vader in a street fight match to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship

Rocky Maivia over Steve Austin in a cage match to win the WWF World Championship

August 1997

WWF does not ask to extend contract with the show Saturday Night Shotgun.

Instead, they send a promo tape to NBC, who accepts the deal for a thursday night prime time show. They decide to call the show Adrenaline.

Debuted this month from USWA, a new tag team called the Hardy Boyz, consisting of Matt and Jeff Hardy, made the tag team division much more competitive.

Chris Jericho surprised many fans, as he turned on Chris Benoit and Rocky Maivia in a six man tag, starting a feud with Rocky.

The British Bulldog revived his slumping career this month, turning face by saving Chris Benoit from his former tag team champion Owen Hart.

This created a feud that would not be stopped anytime soon, as they both were attacking each other back and forth, both running in for the save.

The feud could only be solved on Summerslam.

And a falls count anywhere match would be the remedy. Owen Hart defeated British Bulldog by putting Bulldog in a sharpshooter backstage in the parking lot.

In a surprise, Kurt Angle defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin, making Angle become much more hated then before.

A new stable was created, called Blackout, which featured leader New Jack, Mustafa, D'Lo Brown, manager Norman Smiley, and fresh off his injury, formerly known as Flash Funk, the Black Wazuma.

September 1997

WWF decides not to retain the show Superstars, and decides to start another brand new saturday night prime time show on NBC, called Warzone.

With so much depth in USWA, the WWF calls up superstars, with a brand new WWF Cruiserweight Title.

There was an "All Cruiserweight Night" on Monday Night Raw, with a tournament for the currently vacant WWF Cruiserweight Title.

The first round wins were Shane Helms over Slash (better known as Wolfie D), Brian Christopher over Christopher Daniels, Aldo Montoya over K-Krush, and Jerry Lynn over AJ Styles.

The second round was definately more competitive. Shane Helms barely defeated Brian Christopher, while Jerry Lynn pinned Aldo Montoya after 18 minutes, and 38 seconds.

The final round was a battle. Shane Helms beat Jerry Lynn, with help from a run-in by "The Rebel" Aldo Montoya. Thus sparked a feud with Montoya and Lynn.

Suicide Solution looked for new blood, and that's what they got. Vader, Raven, and Rick Rude kicked out No Funn Gunn and the Road Warriors on the same night.

The next night, Suicide Solution asked if young the tag team Hardy Boyz would join Suicide Solution, and they declined.

So instead, the Suicide Blondes, Adam Copeland and Christian Cage would join them, by attacking the Hardy Boyz.

A new young superstar AJ Styles, asked and begged Vader to join the stable, and he said Styles could on one stipulation, if he would attack Dude Love.

He attacked Love with a sledgehammer, which would keep him from wrestling for all of September.

At Unforgiven, Chris Jericho won his first WWF World Title over Rocky Maivia. Raven won his second WWF Supreme Title over Dude Love, and Black Wazuma defeated Shane Helms to win his first WWF Cruiserweight Title.

Prepare for a new style of WWF wrestling, something that has not been seen before.

Current WWF Champions

WWF World Champion

Chris Jericho

chrisjericho.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Champion

Ken Shamrock

Ken_Shamrock.jpg

WWF Supreme Champion

Raven

raven_ecw2.jpg

WWF European Champion

Rob Van Dam

vandam.jpg

WWF Tag Team Champions

Suicide Blondes

edgechristian.jpg

WWF Cruiserweight Champion

Black Wazuma

flashfunk.jpg

Edited by bfgthefuture

Current WWF Superstars

(faces in blue)

(heels in red)

(overness in parentheses)

Main Eventers

Rocky Maivia (100 overness)

Steve Austin (91)

Ken Shamrock (100)

Vader (100)

Chris Jericho (100)

Kurt Angle (96)

Upper Midcarders

British Bulldog (87)

Chris Benoit (87)

Dude Love (88)

Raven (92)

Owen Hart (81)

Christian Cage (85)

Adam Copeland (87)

Midcarders

Hunter Hearst Helmsley (75)

Jeff Hardy (80)

Matt Hardy (82)

No Funn Gunn (82)

Scott Taylor (83)

Shane Helms (82)

Jesse James Armstrong (67)

Yoshihiro Tajiri (84)

Black Wazuma (81)

Brian Christopher (70)

Jerry Lynn (67)

New Jack (71)

Rob Van Dam (83)

Sabu (84)

Taka Michinoku (82)

Lower Midcarders

Lance Storm (60)

The Linebacker (49)

AJ Styles (63)

Chris Kanyon (55)

D'Lo Brown (63)

Mustafa (63)

Savio Vega (67)

Tiger Ali Singh (68)

Openers

Aldo Montoya (54)

K-Krush (49)

Leif Cassidy (50)

Scott Borders (51)

Shark Boy (33)

Charlie Haas (35)

Christopher Daniels (40)

Jamie Noble (41)

Russ Haas (33)

Slash (46)

Jobbers

Ace Darling (20)

Tony Mamaluke (19)

Johnny The Bull (12)

Simon Diamond (22)

Guest digrind

I'm not a big fan of the "hire all the guys you like and give them Jesus pushes" style of diary writing, but the thorough backstory helps get us caught up, and I appreciate that we can at least see the steps you used to get there. Very interesting how you fired Hart, Michaels, and 'Taker, though--it at least shows you're being somewhat realistic in how these people would react to a bunch of newcomers (and, for some reason... Yokozuna) getting huge pushes right out of the gate.

Supreme Title? It's going to reign... supreme? Shouldn't the World Title reign supreme? You've got four midcard singles titles right now (although to be fair, one is just for a weight class), and I don't see what differentiates them aside from having more reasons for people to fight each other. When there are fewer belts, it makes the belts you do have more important. Something to think about.

I won't question your booking decisions you've made already, since there's nothing really I can do about them, but here's another piece of free advice: hotshotting belts around from champion to champion, with a different person holding the belt all the time, diminishes the significance of when someone does win a belt. This was a problem WCW faced in their last few years: DDP winning the World Title meant nothing when, for example, he was guaranteed to lose the belts two weeks later (or even the same night) and then win it back again a week after that. Imagine what the WWF would've been like if Vince McMahon had said "The boyhood dream has come true for Shawn Michaels... again!" six times in a year. The first time or two would be great, but anything after that would just be going through the motions. Keep that in mind.

I know I'm not really supposed to reply to these things, but I just have to do it one time, and then NEVER again. I started this scenario out like a year ago, and I was booking it very poorly, especially with Shamrock being a 4 time IC Champion within a 9 month period. But I'm not booking that way anymore, and it's evident because the WWF World Title was held for 3 months until Jericho JUST won it, and Ken Shamrock's been the IC Champ since early July with sucessful defenses. Don't worry, that was me then, this is me now. Once again, me replying to a comment will NEVER happen again. (now back to writing)

Edited by bfgthefuture

WWF Adrenaline

WWELogo_94-98.png

Channel: NBC

Date: October 2nd, 1997

Stadium: Georgia Dome

Attendance: 11033 people

Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler

Jim Ross: Good evening folks, we're here at the Georgia Dome, in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm good ol' J.R., alongside my partner Jerry "The King" Lawler, and King, what an event we had at Unforgiven!

Jerry Lawler: Well you can say that again! Ken Shamrock finally defeated the immovable object.

JR: The immovable object?

JL: I'm talking about the 428 pound Big Van Vader!

JR: And that he did, pinning him in a match that NOBODY would expect him to win, a no disqualification match, to retain his WWF Intercontinental Title.

JL: And in case you don't know what a No DQ Match is, they can do ANYTHING they want, and won't get disqualified! Here, check it out!

(Clips of the No DQ Match, Vader and Shamrock throwing punches back and forth like a boxing match, then a cut to Raven and the Suicide Solution all running in, with them all stomping out Shamrock, Dude Love and the Hardy Boyz now coming in for the save, making it an all out brawl! Love, Shamrock and the Hardy Boyz all take out Suicide Solution, except for Vader, who is still in the ring, ready to be knocked out, and Shamrock puts Vader in the Anklelock. Vader taps out!)

JR: And I was there King. And King, I've never seen a match like that, ever in my lifetime!

JL: Uh-oh. Guess what time it is!

JR: I know what you're gonna say...

(cuts JR off)

JL: It's VADER TIME! Haha!

(Vader makes his way down to the ring, with the Ravishing Rick Rude by his side)

Vader: Shamrock! I know you're here! Come on down here! You know I deserve a rematch!

(nothing happens)

Rick Rude: Unless... Of course the World's Most Dangerous Man is too scared of the 428 pound gorilla, Vader.

(Shamrock's music hits, and he runs down into the ring, with them both now exchanging punches)

JL: It's Ken Shamrock! Wasn't he scared? I didn't think he'd show up!

JR: If my memory is correct King, Ken Shamrock has never, I repeat, NEVER backed down from a fight. Even if it is Big Van Vader, he's not scared!

JL: Yeah, right.

JR: Well, they just keep delivering shots to each other, much like last sunday at Unforgiven!

JL: When's somebody gonna break this up?

Overall Rating: 72%

(Chris Benoit comes down the ramp with a chair in his hand, which leaves fans wondering why Benoit's coming into the ring)

JR: Look's like Benoit's ready to turn Vader out his lights, as he rears back, and...

JL: Haha! He hit Ken Shamrock!

JR: What? Was that an accident King?

JL: No way, that was on purpose.

(Benoit gives a sick smirk to the fans)

JL: See! I told you!

(Benoit walks over to Jim Ross)

Chris Benoit: Give me a mic!

JR: Here, take it.

JL: Can't believe you got out of that one alive.

CB: I have been with the WWF for six months now, yet I have not recieved ANY respect from ANYBODY! So if nobody's gonna give me respect, I'm just gonna take it! And i'll start..

(as he raises Shamrock's Intercontinental belt)

CB: By taking this, from your beloved Ken Shamrock.

RR: Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to publicly introduce the newest member of Suicide Solution, the Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit!

JR: Folks, I do not believe what just happened! Ken Shamrock was just taken out, by the newest member of Suicide Solution, known as the Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit.

JL: I love it! He gets what he deserves! How can Shamrock be the World's Most Dangerous Man, if he's laying flat on his back?

JR: I don't know King, but what I do know is that we have Joey Styles backstage with former WWF Champion, Rocky Maivia. Joey?

Overall Rating: 67%

Joey Styles: Thank's Jim. Rock, I know it must be hard, losing your second WWF World Championship last sunday to Lionheart Chris Jericho. How are you feeling right now?

Rocky Maivia: How am I feeling? HOW AM I FEELING? Is that what you have to ask me Jimmy Styles?

JS: Rock... It's Joey Styles.

(crowd chuckles)

RM: Jimmy Styles, Joey Styles, AJ Styles, none of you guys have style! Why don't you change your name? And take notes, Jerry,

(crowd chuckles louder)

RM: Because I guarantee! I repeat, I guarantee! That after No Mercy, I will have that World Title back on my shoulders, you got that Jackie?

JS: Rock... It's..

RM: It doesn't matter what your name is!

(crowd erupts with laughter, as they have never heard that one before)

JS: Thanks Rock, back to you guys.

Overall Rating: 99%

Howard Finkel: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, making his way to the ring, accompanied by "Screamin'" Norman Smiley, from Chicago, Illinois, D'Lo Brown!

JR: Although there's not much, what do you have to say about D'Lo Brown and his "posse," if you will, Blackout.

JL: They're great!

JR: Great?

JL: Yeah, great! I love them! They've got attitude, something this company's alway's been needing. Maybe the company's too scared to admit it, but they admire Blackout's aggression and hatred.

JR: Well, as a worker for the "company," I will tell you that I don't admire them one bit.

HF: His opponent, from Greenwich, Connecticut, Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

JL: Now, what about Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

JR: Well, I think he has the attitude that this company likes.

JL: I hate Hunter Hearst Helmsley. I used to like him, but he's changed now. I liked him when he was the Intercontinental Champion back in January. He sure had Ken Shamrock's number. And what do you mean, "the attitude that this company likes?"

JR: There's the bell, and this match is getting underway. What I mean, King, is it's not like Blackout. He has a good, controlled aggression.

JL: Don't you think they share the same type of aggression?

JR: No, not at all.

JL: Sound's like racism to me.

JR: King, do me a favor, and never say that again.

JL: What? That's what Blackout's all about! It's about equal opportunity. And if you don't think they should have equal opportunity, then that's racism.

JR: I never once stated anything like that. King, you talk out of your rear end so much I don't even think you realize when you're doing it.

JL: Can we just get back to the match?

JR: Fine by me, King. Fine by me.

(after a small, awkward pause)

JR: Hunter's just attacking D'Lo's knees, with russian leg sweeps. They grapple, and Hunter gets him in an armbar. D'Lo counters it with an armbar of his own. D'Lo throws him into the ropes, and attempts a clothesline, but Hunter ducks, bounces off the ropes, and runs him over with a shoulder block! D'Lo looks woozy.

JL: Don't worry, he'll get back into this match.

JR: When has he been in this match?

JL: Very funny, JR.

JR: Hunter picks him up off the ground, and lands a powerslam that shook the ring! It's looking all over for D'Lo Brown.

JL: Wait! Here comes Blackout! Looks like New Jack and his crew have some unfinished business from Unforgiven!

JR: I believe so, as Hunter pinned New Jack last sunday.

JL: And they're all coming out! New Jack, Mustafa, and Black Wazuma.

JR: You're right, King, they're all in the ring, stomping a mudhole on Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

JL: Hunter's gonna win this won via DQ, but I really doubt Blackout cares.

JR: I was gonna say the same thing, King. And here come's out his good buddy, No Funn Gunn!

JL: Here's another guy I USED to like.

JR: And Gunn is taking out every one of them! Clotheslines, punches, legdrops, everything! Hunter gets up, and sees New Jack lying on the ground, so he picks him up, and lays down the Pedigree!

JL: One of the most dangerous moves in all of wrestling is the Pedigree, and you all just saw it.

JR: It looks like No Funn Gunn and Hunter Hearst Helmsley have cleaned up shop, so we're gonna send it to the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, who's standing with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Overall Rating: 77%

Crowd Reaction: 69%

Match Quality: 85%

Dusty Rhodes: Stone Cold Steve Austin, boy what a pleasure it is to be talking to you.

Steve Austin: I know that's right. Now Dusty. You're from Austin, Texas. I'm from Austin, Texas, we come from the same background. Do you agree, Dusty?

DR: You're right on that one.

SA: So I think we can talk to each other in a calm manner. Now Dusty Rhodes, I grew up watching your wrestling. Your matches with Ric Flair, Harley Race, and Kevin Sullivan were all fine and dandy. What I want to know, is this. What does the WWF see in Kurt Angle?

(huge boos are sent through the crowd)

DR: Boy, I sure wish I knew.

SA: This is a man who cries after wins. A man, who really doesn't deserve to be here wrestling. Last October, I heard he went to an ECW show, got scared and ran out crying. What kind of a pansy could he really be to do something like that?

DR: I think we signed him, because he won a gold medal in the Summer Olympics last year.

SA: A gold medal? Hell, I could win a gold medal.

DR: You think so? What event would you do?

SA: I'd make up my own event. I'd call it, the Stone Cold Steve Austin Drinking Games!

DR: I know I'd join that. But Steve, you defeated Kurt Angle, and now what're you gonna do next?

SA: I'll tell you what, I'm gonna crack a brew, kick some ass,. The same thing I do every night, and that's the bottom line...

("'cuz Stone Cold said so!" the crowd all says)

Overall Rating:85%

HF: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Making his entrance to the ring, from Cameron, North Carolina, Jeff Hardy!

(Jeff Hardy runs down the entrance with his brother Matt Hardy)

HF: And his opponent, from Battle Creek, Michigan, being accompanied by Sabu, he is the WWF European Champion, Rob Van Dam!

JL: You see this wrestler right here?

JR: I do, he's Mr. Monday Night, Rob Van Dam.

JL: Well, although that's true, he's more than that. Now Mr. NBC, Rob Van Dam.

JR: And what a great station to have the WWF.

JL: With his speed, athleticism, and charisma, it's no wonder he's the European Champion.

JR: Charisma, don't you mean cockiness? He considers himself the best wrestler today, and he's only 26 years old, King.

JL: He just may be, JR. Don't be surprised to see him the next Intercontinental Champion, or maybe even World Champion.

(bell rings)

JR: Here's the start, and they tie up, irish whip, Hardy ducks a clothesline, bounces off the ropes, and Jeff goes for a dropkick, but misses, RVD now off the ropes, and clothesline!

JL: He's not getting up, there's no way.

JR: And the pin, but only a two count. RVD picks up Jeff Hardy, and kicks, but Hardy grabs his leg, enziguri! RVD hit an enziguri on Jeff Hardy. German suplex on Jeff. And Rob hits a suplex. RVD throws him into the turnbuckle, charges, and kicks him with a spinning heel kick!

(taunts the crowd with his RVD taunt, and they boo, Jerry Lawler says the taunt with him)

JL: Rob Van Dam! Haha, I love that!

JR: Another suplex on Hardy, and RVD's climbing the ropes, and a springboard moonsault!

JL: Wow! Did you see that move?

JR: I sure did, I think Jeff wants to take a break, so he rolls out of the ring. But wait! Somersault plancha! RVD hit the somersault plancha off the ropes, out of the ring!

JL: I can't believe these moves RVD is doing! I mean, I knew he was great, but that great? C'mon JR, who would've guessed that move!

JR: He rolls Hardy in the ring, and Hardy looks like he's knocked out cold, but RVD's not gonna pin him yet, he's climbing the ropes, and a frog splash! Oh my!

JL: Not just a frog splash, but a Five Star Frog Splash!

JR: And here's the pinfall, and it's all over. RVD came out victorious.

JL: Like RVD was going to lose. Jeff Hardy didn't even have a chance. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, now that RVD is out of ECW, the Extremely Crappy Wrestling, and into the big times, nobody will stop him.

We're going to take a quick commercial break, but when we come back, we have Jesse Ventura in a sit-down interview with Owen Hart, and why he turned his back on British Bulldog. You're watching Adrenaline, only on NBC!

Overall Rating: 88%

Crowd Reaction: 77%

Match Quality: 100%

(commercial break)

JR: We're back, and live with Jesse Ventura, who has set up an interview with Owen Hart.

Jesse Ventura: Owen. Last sunday, you lost a submission match vs. your brother-in-law British Bulldog, when you tapped out of the sharpshooter, yet I've been told you believe you deserve a rematch?

Owen Hart: I never tapped out!

JV: You didn't?

OH: No! Referee Tim White made a total mistake. I hadn't tapped out, I was trying to pull my body towards the ropes. I don't tap out, I'm a Slammy Award Winner!

JV: Well, we have the video clip, so let's take a look at that.

(video clip which shows Owen Hart in a sharpshooter, reaching his hands towards the ropes, but coming up short. Then it shows Hart slapping the mat in a tap-like fashion, but could be disputed as pulling his hands on the mat)

OH: You see! I was pulling my body towards the ropes! I wasn't tapping out! In fact, I'm disgusted that you would even ask me if I did, don't worry about your other questions...

(snatches Jesse's queue cards and rips them up)

OH: This interview is OVER!

JV: Well, sorry we couldn't extend this interview. I guess, back to you guys.

Overall Rating: 87%

HF: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring, from Denver, Colorado, being accompanied by Norman Smiley. he is the WWF Cruiserweight Champion, Black Wazuma. And his opponent, from Raleigh, North Carolina, Shane Helms.

JR: If you were looking for some more cruiserweight action, look no further. Both are former WWF Cruiserweight Champions, with Wazuma being the current, and both can fly.

JL: But especially Black Wazuma. He invented the 450 splash, a move that no other wrestler has, and may never try. He lives off the top turnbuckle, and that's what makes him special. I believe the name Black Wazuma is Japanese for "black superstar."

JR: Black superstar? I hate to break it to you, but it means black magic, King.

JL: Well, whatever it means, his moves ARE magic!

JR: Anyway, the match has started, and they both tie up. Irish whip, Wazuma jumps over Helms, and hits a DDT.

(then taunts the crowd, they boo)

JR: Helms whips Wazuma, and hits a hurricarana. Helms climbs the ropes, Wazuma's getting up, but Helms jumps and hits a dropkick on Wazuma. Helms give Wazuma another irish whip, but Wazuma slides under the ropes. I don't think he wants anymore.

JL: Oh, please. He's just regaining his breath.

JR: Well, the ref's already counted to six. Four more seconds, and he loses. Here comes Helms! He just jumped over the ropes, and hits a flying crossbody over Wazuma. Helms throws Wazuma into the ring, and here's the cover. Two count. Helms can't believe it, so he argues with the ref, that is, until Norman Smiley gets up on the apron and starts talking to Helms. The referee then goes to Smiley and tells him to calm down, yet while he does that, Wazuma low blows Helms! How didn't the ref see that?

JL: See what? He didn't do anything.

JR: You know exactly what he did, and it's evident, because Helms is now on the ground, holding his "prized posessions."

JL: It's the moment we've all been waiting for, Wazuma's climbing the turnbuckle, and that can only mean one thing.

JR: 450 splash! 450 splash! How did he do that?

JL: It's black magic, JR!

JR: Wazuma scores the pinfall, and it's all over.

Overall Rating: 84%

Crowd Reaction: 76%

Match Quality: 92%

(cuts to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler)

JR: Folks, I've just recieved news that Ken Shamrock will be wrestling the Chris Jericho in tonight's main event.

JL: I can't wait for that one! Think about it, Intercontinental Champ versus World Champ. Who could miss that?

JR: I just hope Vader, or one of his Suicide Solution members doesn't interfere. But you know, something's always fishy whenever Shamrock is in a match. His matches never end cleanly.

(cut to Rocky Maivia in Ken Shamrock's locker room)

RM: Look, I usually don't do this, but tonight, if you ever need help, in case Suicide Solution comes out, I've got your back. I hate them all just as much as you do.

(Shamrock steps closer to Rocky)

KS: Ok, well you listen to ME. I don't care who you are, I never have, and never will, need any kind of help. I am the Intercontinental Champion, and you're nothing. Why would I need your help?

(Rocky gets into his face, smiles, laughs, and walks away)

JL: What was all that about?

JR: I don't know, King. We'll just have to find out, because that's coming up next!

Overall Rating: 90%

(commercial break)

HF: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. From Susanville, California, he is the WWF Intercontinental Champion, and the World's Most Dangerous Man, Ken Shamrock.

JL: World's Most Dangerous Man? Yeah, right.

JR: Well, he did defeat Vader last sunday. Who else has defeated Vader? Very few.

HF: And his opponent. From Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, he is the WWF World Champion, Chris Jericho.

(bell rings)

JR: The bell just rang, so let's get this match started. They grapple, and Jericho gives him an arm drag. Shamrock gets up. The tie up again, and Jericho rolls him up for a sunset roll. One count. Kick to the stomach, Jericho then picks up Shamrock, setting him up for a suplex, yet he just hangs there for an extended time. Two count. Jericho's looking frustrated. He then puts Shamrock in a sleeper hold.

JL: It's looking like all Jericho. Shamrock just can't seem to do anything, he might as well tap out to this sleeper hold.

(after a long sleeper hold, Shamrock's tiring out)

(fans start a slow clap to get Shamrock conscious again)

JR: Well, it looks as if Shamrock is using the crowd as momentum.

(claps gain speed)

JR: The faster these claps get, the more adrenaline Shamrock gets, and that's what Adrenaline's all about.

JL: Stop! What are you all doing?

(Shamrock looks replenished, as he elbows Jericho in the ribs)

JR: Jericho's holding his ribs. It looks like he's hurt. Shamrock grabs Jericho, and hits a fisherman's suplex that would make Mr. Perfect proud!

JL: Hey, don't talk about him. He's with the "other guys" now.

JR: I'm just saying it was a good suplex. Is that so bad?

JL: Yeah, just hope you don't have to explain it to the boss.

JR: Shamrock covers Jericho, two count, almost a three.

(cursing at the ref about the bad call)

JR: Look, Jericho's getting up, and climbing the ropes. Turn around Shamrock!

JL: He can't hear you.

JR: Jericho just hit Shamrock with a moonsault! Here's the cover. Two count.

JL: How did he kick out?

JR: He has heart, King. For a title or not, he always wants to win.

JL: Maybe he has "heart," but he doesn't have the heart of a lion!

JR: Why is Jericho complaining? The ref called it a two count, there's nothing to say.

JL: Of course there is, that was a three count!

JR: Look! Here comes Suicide Solution! Vader, Rick Rude, and Raven are walking down the ramp towards the ring.

JL: But referee Jimmy Korderas isn't having any of it. He walks out the ring, goes over to Suicide Solution, then points and tells them to leave.

JR: In the ring, with Jericho looking at Suicide Solution, confused, Shamrock hits Jericho with a belly-to-belly suplex that shakes the ring. Here's the pin. But there's no ref to make the pin! Jimmy Korderas is out of the ring with Suicide Solution.

JL: Wait! From under the ring! Chris Benoit! It's Chris Benoit with a steel chair!

JR: Benoit was hiding under the ring the whole time! And he hits Shamrock with the chair, and Shamrock's out cold. Benoit gets back under the ring to disguise what happened. Corderas sees Shamrock down, and he runs back into the ring. Here's the pin, and it's all over. Jericho won this, but it sure wasn't fair.

JL: Fair? It wasn't his fault! He didn't tell Benoit to hide!

JR: Well, how do you know?

(King is silent for once all day)

JL: Where was Rocky Maivia and that help he promised?

Overall Rating: 97%

Crowd Reaction: 94%

Match Quality: 100%

Show Rating: 85%

Edited by bfgthefuture

WWF Monday Night Raw Contract News

Large_NBC_logo.png

The World Wrestling Federation has decided to not renew their contract with USA Network, and instead will move Monday Night Raw to NBC. The new contract with NBC will not be effective until November. USA has accepted a deal to have one more finale show next monday.

Their other shows, Adrenaline and Warzone are both primetime shows on NBC, and have been receiving great reviews.

Edited by bfgthefuture

Yet Another New Federation

A federation was started this week. It's called Crash Course Combat, and wrestling fans are talking about it. Not that it's "good" wrestling, but that it's the fifth promotion started just this year. In case you didn't know the other major promotions, here they are:

World Championship Wrestling

4ck88dh.jpg

Top 5 Stars:

Hollywood Hogan

Ric Flair

Sting

Kevin Nash

Randy Savage

Total Championship Wrestling

359hf9g.jpg

Top 5 Stars:

Brian Lee

Steve Bradley

Rhino Richards

Samu

Doug Furnas

Charisma Wrestling League

3zroqcy.jpg

Top 5 Stars:

Brian Lee

Steve Bradley

Phil LaFon

Rhino Richards

Tito Santana

Overdose Wrestling

43e5yja.jpg

Top 5 Stars:

Torrie Wilson

Dirty Dick Slaytor

Brickhouse Brown

Little Guido

Mona

Crash Course Combat

Top 5 Stars:

D-Von Dudley

Brian Lee

Phil LaFon

Rhino Richards

Doug Furnas

21st Century Wrestling

Top 5 Stars:

Kid Kash

Scott Vick

Chris Hamrick

Bo Dupp

Julio Dinero

Edited by bfgthefuture

I liked the build up to it the changes were good but personally i dont like the way u right the show.. i prefer less commentator it is fairly hard to follow.. setting it up in sections is better

IE

Match 1

Rocky Mavia vs Vadar

Insert random match text here about how rocky starts off well vadar powers back .. vadar misses move rocky hits rock bottom 1....2..........long wait before the....3 match over

Aftermath

Rock offers handshake... vadar stares him down grabs it but pulls him in for a vicious belly to back suplex. The assault continues until the entire backstage crew of road agents and referees come down to break it up.

Angle

you catch the drift? or just copy someone elses technique of writing lol

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the commentating, however, you should explain what the guys are doing in the ring with a paragraph, not King and JR talking about it. Like when Benoit turned on Shamrock. It was good, but write out that Benoit swung the chair toward Shamrock, don't have King tell us. Other than that, its hard to get a good feel for your booking until another couple shows. I did love the Rock with Jerry---Jackie---Joey Styles though. That was top notch in my opinion. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll get more feedback.

(starting this diary back up, need a little encouragement to do so, thanks to meacon99 and nufan, my writing with the matches took too long, going to change that, will post shows in a minute)

WWF News And Rumors!

WWF Supreme Title Up For Grabs Saturday?

Dude_love.JPG

Backstage, it has been rumored that longtime rivals Raven and Dude Love will wrestle each other in a match to "end it all." Although not specified, a major main event match has been booked for Saturday at Warzone. Fans should be very excited.

Edited by bfgthefuture

WWF Warzone

WWELogo_94-98.png

Date: October 4th, 1997

Stadium: Charlotte Coliseum

Attendance: 11009 people

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Jim Ross, alongside my partner Jerry "The King" Lawler, and in case you missed what happened at Adrenaline, Chris Benoit attacked Ken Shamrock, not once, but twice last Thursday.

Jerry Lawler: Well that's right JR, Benoit looks to have his eyes set on that Intercontinental Title, and he'll do everything he can to get it, even side with Suicide Solution.

JR: And that he did, running in for an attack, which many thought was a save from Vader and Rick Rude, but turned out to be the opposite. Check it out.

(video clip of Shamrock being beaten down by Vader, with Benoit running in for the supposed save, and smashing a steel chair across Shamrock's head)

JR: In case you didn't believe it, there it was.

JL: But that wasn't the only time Benoit had a chair. It happened twice!

(clip of the Shamrock vs. Jericho match, with the ref outside talking to Vader and Rick Rude, shows Benoit coming from under the ring to above it, and cracking the chair over Shamrock's head)

JR: Now maybe it's just me, but I'm terrified of this new Chris Benoit.

JL: And it's scary to think that Benoit has not one, but two new group of friends.

JR: Two? Who might those be?

JL: Suicide Solution, and all those steel chairs! It's amazing he hasn't ran out yet!

JR: Very funny, King. But what isn't funny is stepping into the ring with these two superstars in our main event. I'm talking about Dude Love and Raven.

JL: Dude Love? He's a comedian! Who's scared of him?

JR: Don't think King that Dude Love can't brawl with the best of them, and it will show later tonight.

JL: Can't we just get to the first match?

Overall Rating: 74%

Natural Born Killaz hits, and Blackout is walking into the ring. "Screamin'" Norman Smiley is strutting around the ring, with Wazuma jumping up and down.

"The Rebel" Aldo Montoya runs down, and slides into the ring, and this match gets started.

Black Wazuma and Montoya lock up in the center of the ring and Wazuma whips Montoya into the ring. Montoya then gets whipped into the ropes, and Wazuma gives him a dropkick, that sends Montoya through the ropes, and outside. Wazuma then yells to the crowd, and they boo heavy. Montoya then gets back into the ring. They lock up again, Wazuma tries to whip Montoya into the ropes again, but Montoya counters and gives a whip of his own. Montoya hits him with a shoulder block. He picks up Wazuma and gives him a scoop slam. Now a pin, 1-2-kickout by Wazuma.

Montoya picks up Wazuma again, whips Wazuma into the ropes, Wazuma slides under his legs, he gets up, Montoya turns around, Wazuma tries to give a clothesline but Montoya ducks, and rolls him up for a pin. 1-kickout.

Looking frustrated, Montoya bounces off the ropes, Wazuma stands up, and he hits a DDT on Wazuma. Wazuma is now laid down, so Montoya climbs the ropes and dives with a legdrop, and he connects hard. 1-2-kickout (barely)

Montoya now looks very angry, and he bounces off the ropes, Wazuma starts to stand up again, Montoya charges Wazuma, but Wazuma pushes the ref into Montoya, which knocks out him out cold.

Taking advantage of the confused Montoya, Wazuma hits a german suplex on him. Now, "The Manic Maniac" Jerry Lynn charges the ring on a down Montoya, picks him up, and hits the Cradle Piledriver.

Wazuma now climbs the top rope, and hits the incredible 450 Splash, and with the referee now finally waking up, just in time it would seem, he scores the pinfall.

Winner: Black Wazuma defeated "The Rebel" Aldo Montoya in 5:11.

JR: Wazuma shouldn't have won that one, Jerry Lynn came in for the save!

JL: What's going on? Lynn's getting back into the ring!

JR: Oh, come on! Get outta there, he already lost! Cradle Piledriver! And another!

JL: Three piledrivers!?!

JR: Get him out of there!

(staff members now running into the ring)

JR: And here's the staff, trying to pull Lynn off of Montoya.

JL: I think Lynn's still upset, because Montoya cost him the Cruiserweight Title back in the semifinals of the WWF Cruiserweight Tournament.

JR: Gee, King, you think?

Overall Rating: 73%

Crowd Reaction: 66%

Match Quality: 81%

Jesse Ventura: I'm here with WWF World Champion Chris Jericho. Now Chris, last week, Rocky Maivia...

(crowd cheers)

... stated at No Mercy, he would become a three time World Champion. What do you think about what he said? Will he get another shot?

Chris Jericho: Well, answer this, does he deserve a shot?

(Ventura shrugs)

CJ: The answer is no! How does he? He hasn't done anything but blabber on the microphone, blah blah blah. And I'm tired of it! He will NEVER get another chance to get in the ring with me. Period.

(walks off)

Overall Rating: 90%

(cuts to Dude Love and Brother Love in WWF President Gorilla Monsoon's office)

Dude Love: Owww, c'mon 'Soon, have mercy!

Brother Love: Why my main man gotta square up with Raven tonight?

Gorilla Monsoon: Why? You don't even know the worst part yet, do you?

DL: What are you talkin' bout?

GM: It ain't some regular old match, it's a Retirement Match! If you lose, Dude Love's gotta hang up them heart filled boots.

DL: Have mercy!

GM: But if you win, you win the WWF Supreme Title. Now get out! Both of you!

BL: Just because I looovvveee yooouuuu!!! Doesn't mean I liiikkkeee yoooouuuu!

GM: Get out!

Overall Rating: 80%

The Haas Brothers are standing in the ring, smiling like the all-americans they are, and the crowd is booing them. The Hardy Boyz sprint down the ring, and the crowd erupts.

Jeff Hardy ties up with Charlie Haas, whips him into the ropes, and hits a dropkick. He bounces off the ropes, and hits a sunset roll on Charlie. He then taunts Russ, and the crowd goes wild. Russ runs into the ring, charges Jeff, but Jeff slides under, Matt then hops over the ropes and Matt hits Russ with a clothesline. Russ then rolls out of the ring. Matt jumps on the top of the rope outside, and hits a springboard crossbody on Russ.

Jeff climbs the top rope, and Charlie now gets up, Jeff goes flying and hits Charlie with a hurricanrana, pulls his leg up, and scores the pin.

Winner: The Hardy Boyz defeated The Haas Brothers in 1:58.

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 94%

JL: Man, was that fast or what?

JR: Well, The Hardy's showed The Haas' who the dominant brothers are, that's for sure.

JL: Better than the WWF Tag Team Champions Suicide Blondes?

JR: I have to say yes.

JL: Whoa Jim, you don't want them telling Big Van Vader what Good Ol' JR said, now do you?

JR: Anyways, we're gonna take it backstage to Dusty Rhodes, who's with Rocky Maivia, Dusty?

Dusty Rhodes: Now kid, can I call you kid?

Rocky Maivia: Well, that depends, can I call you fat slob?

DR: No.

RM: So why in the hell would you call me kid?

DR: Okay. Rock, what happened last Thursday?

RM: What? Who told you?

DR: What do you mean? I'm talking about when you said you had Ken Shamrock's back, but when Shamrock got ambushed, you weren't anywhere to be found.

RM: Oh, that. I got a good story why I was, "busy."

DR: Can ya tell us?

RM: Well, you see, after I left Ken's locker, I made my way back to mine, and on the way, I found this blonde bombshell, and we had a little bit of a "get together" if you know what I mean.

(crowd ooohs)

DR: Oh really? Can you tell us who?

RM: Tell you? I'll show ya. Stacy, can you come in?

(Stacy Keibler opens up the door, and walks into the room, crowd is ecstatic, and soon cheers)

DR: Oh my, ain't that The Hardy Boyz' manager, miss Stacy Keibler?

RM: It is. Now can you get outta here, I have some "unfinished business."

(Rocky winks to the crowd, and the girls scream like there's no tomorrow)

DR: Back to you.

JL: How lucky is that Rocky Maivia? Oh man, all the things I could do to that Stacy Keibler!

JR: Easy, King.

Overall Rating: 83%

(cuts to a limo pulling up)

JR: And who's this?

JL: I hope it's Pamela Anderson!

JR: Don't you mean Pamela Anderson Lee?

JL: Yeah, whatever. And what does she see in some drummer? I mean, I'm a king!

(Ted DiBiase, Kurt Angle, and Owen Hart gets out of the limo, Yoshihiro Tajiri later follows)

JR: King, it's not Pam Anderson, it's the Million Dollar Corporation.

(crowd boos)

JL: Aww... I was so excited!

JR: But what do they want?

Ted DiBiase: Yoshi, get me a turkey sandwich in five minutes, or your fired.

Yoshihiro Tajiri: Yes sir.

(DiBiase hands Tajiri a $100 bill, and Tajiri starts running to get him a sandwich, DiBiase starts snickering in an evil way)

TD: Don't you got a match next, Kurt?

Kurt Angle: Yeah, against No Funn Gunn.

TD: Well, let's go get that redneck!

KA: Okay, okay.

JR: He's right, and that match is next!

Overall Rating: 89%

(commercial break)

The "Million Dollar Music" hits, and the whole stable (excluding Tajiri) comes down the ramp, smiling and laughing, flaunting their "Million Dollar Suits." No Funn Gunn, on the other hand, comes down in boots and tights, very under dressed.

The bell rings, and the match starts. They tie up, and Angle puts Gunn in a headlock. Gunn throws Angle off him, Angle bounces into the ropes, and Gunn hits a boot in Angle's face. Gunn then points to DiBiase and yells, "You're next!"

(crowd cheers)

DiBiase stands up on the apron, and Gunn comes over to him, forgetting about Angle. Angle then hits a german suplex, but he doesn't let go, he picks up Gunn and hits a second, and a third suplex in a row. Angle now grabs Gunn's right leg, and starts kicking his ankle, and hits it four times, until the referee stops it.

Tajiri makes his way to ringside, and hands DiBiase a ham and cheese sandwich off a silver platter. DiBiase takes one bite, spits it on Tajiri, and yells "I asked for turkey! Does this look like turkey! Get outta my sight!" Tajiri walks backstage with his head down.

Angle doesn't stop on that right ankle, as he grabs it and now has him in a boston half crab, dissecting that right ankle of Gunn's. Gunn is reaching for the rope, but he can't get it yet, so the crowd starts clapping and cheering him on, with DiBiase and Hart telling the fans to stop, but the cheers grow.

Gunn finally grabs the rope, and Angle is forced to let go. Angle, now mad, is stalking down Gunn. Gunn gets up, and Angle hits his "Olympic Slam" on Gunn. Angle now puts in an ankle lock on that right ankle.

Now Steve Austin is running down the ramp. Without hesitation, the referee calls the bell.

Overall Rating: 76%

Crowd Reaction: 78%

Match Quality: 74%

Winner: No Funn Gunn drew Kurt Angle via run in by Steve Austin in 4:19.

JR: Stone Cold Steve Austin! He runs into the ring, Angle lets go of Gunn, runs towards Austin, but wait, Austin kicks Angle, and hits the Stone Cold Stunner! Gunn gets up, and Austin hits the Stunner on him! Referee Tim White calls for the bell, but he hits the Stunner on him!

JL: This is madness!

JR: Now the Corporation comes in, but Austin hits the Stone Cold Stunner on Hart! And DiBiase!

JL: Look! Tajiri came back!

JR: Yeah, I see him, he's coming into the ring scared.

(Steve Austin offers a handshake to Tajiri)

JR: Austin sticks his hand out for a handshake? Tajiri accepts his handshake, but... Steve Austin gives Tajiri a Stone Cold Stunner! Six men, all flat on their back!

(Austin's music hits, and Austin walks off)

(cuts to Suicide Solution backstage)

Raven: Tonight, everyone will know why I am the WWF Supreme Champion. Better than all the rest. Better than Chris Jericho, better than Ken Shamrock. I am supreme! You see, ever since birth, I've been alone. Nobody cared about ME! I consider myself to have been dangerous without any help. And now they want me to retire? They just can't imagine what I can do with... friends. With Ravishing Rick Rude, with "The Future" AJ Styles, with the Suicide Blondes, with the Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit, with Big Van Vader! Does anybody understand? What about me? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN?

(cuts to Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler)

JR: Well, like him or not, Raven deserves more respect than he gets.

JL: Who does like him? I'd say his mother, but even she hates Raven!

JR: Maybe so, he's up against Dude Love. That match is next, only on Warzone!

Overall Rating: 74%

(commercial break)

With Brother Love, Dude Love makes his way to the ring, strutting and dancing around like a fool, but the crowd still likes it a lot. Then Raven's music hits, and the mood changes fast. Fans go from cheerful and lively, to sad and nearly lifeless. Very different demeanor in a matter of minutes.

Raven gets into the ring, and the match begins. They begin by brawling back and forth, with Love getting the upper hand, knocking Raven down. Raven gets up, with Love bouncing off the ropes and hitting a shoulder block. Love then rears back for a punch, but Raven blocks it, and hits Love with a european uppercut. Love gets up, and Raven grabs him, and hits a belly to belly suplex. He then yells, "what about me?"

(crowd boos)

Dude then crawls up, bounces off the ropes, and hits a clothesline on Raven. Raven is now dazed, so Love hits a hard suplex on Raven. Love then picks up Raven, and gives him an irish whip to the corner. Dude then charges Raven, and hits him with a shoulder block.

Raven falls near the turnbuckle, and Love picks up Raven in a scoop slam motion, but instead, he sets up Raven for the tree of woe, by tying his feet to the turnbuckle, leaving Raven hanging upside down. Love comes back, runs, and hits a baseball slide on Raven's face. Raven falls hard to the canvas.

Dude Love climbs to the top rope, which leaves fans in shock, as they don't expect him to climb a turnbuckle. Love dives for an elbow, but Raven rolls away, leaving Dude by himself. Raven now sees an opportunity and takes it. When Love is so slow to get up, Raven sets up for the Evenflow DDT. The finisher connects, and Raven covers for the pin. 1-2-3!

Winner: Raven defeated Dude Love in a Retirement Match to retain the WWF Supreme Title in 7:13.

JR: Raven gets the win!

JL: And what was more surprising was that Raven won, without the help from Suicide Solution. He didn't cheat, but he still won. Dude Love deserves to retire.

JR: Aren't you gonna miss him?

JL: No way!

JR: Well I will, and best of luck to Dude Love in whatever he does next in his career.

Overall Rating: 86%

Crowd Reaction: 90%

Match Quality: 79%

Show Rating: 80%

Edited by bfgthefuture

WWF News And Rumors!

What's Next For Dude Love?

1642c290.jpg

After Dude Love lost a Retirement Match, he was forced to hang up his boots for good. Or was he? His contract still has 12 months left on his written contract, and staff members backstage expect him to stay with the WWF. Many believe he will still be used in a different gimmick. Road agent? A commentator maybe? Or perhaps a new wrestler persona altogether. He was once before Mankind after all.

WWF News And Rumors!

What Will Happen At Monday Night Raw Finale?

WWF_Monday_Night_RAW.jpg

The WWF has already stated they have not renewed their contract with USA Network. USA Network has signed a one week contract with WWF, however and will have a Monday Night Raw Finale show, which will air next Monday. The question is, what will happen? Many expect a title will be up for grabs, and possibly even a #1 Contender Match for the World Title. What title could it be? WWF President Gorilla Monsoon has said, "There will be surprises next week, that nobody will expect."

WWF News And Rumors!

Where Was The Monday Night Raw Finale?

LFN-Title2.jpg

Although many fans expected to see Monday Night Raw on USA Network, all they got was a rerun of La Femme Nikita. This leaves many fans disgruntled, as they expected to see title matches, which does not happen often. WWF Chairman Vince McMahon had this to say: "Although we could not finalize a one time show with USA Network, expect to see some great upcoming matches on Adrenaline and Warzone."

New Jack Angry At WWF Staff, Threatens To Leave

16.jpg

Backstage, New Jack attacked road agent Pat Patterson at a house show on Tuesday, after Patterson told Jack that he is nothing but a "cheap thrill" and he's not what the WWF is "all about." Jack then replied back with, "If it weren't for that million dollar contract Vinnie Mac gave me, I'd be outta here!" Vince McMahon has stated that New Jack will not be released, and he hopes Jack will stay.

Edited by bfgthefuture

WWF Adrenaline

WWELogo_94-98.png

Date: October 9th, 1997

Stadium: Joe Lewis Arena

Attendance: 12308 people

(starts out with camera in WWF President Gorilla Monsoon's office)

Gorilla Monsoon: Tonight will be a night of huge proportions. These loyal fans...

(crowd cheers)

GM: ...Deserve to know who deserves a shot at the gloried Intercontinental Title at October's pay-per-view No Mercy. So that's what I'm giving them! It will be The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith...

(crowd starts Bulldog chants)

GM: ...Against The Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit! And that will be tonight's main event!

Overall Rating: 79%

Jim Ross: Wow! Can you believe that? British Bulldog versus Chris Benoit, and the winner will get a shot against the WWF Intercontinental Champion Ken Shamrock at No Mercy!

Jerry Lawler: I can't believe Monsoon did that! He might as well just handed the Title over to Benoit. He's gonna beat British Bulldog tonight, and Shamrock at No Mercy. Shamrock's got no chance!

JR: I wouldn't say that out loud King, he is the World's Most Dangerous Man.

JL: Dangerous? The only thing dangerous about Ken Shamrock is his lack of sense. Oh boy, if I had just one minute against him, I'd show him who's really dangerous.

(Rocky Maivia's music hits, and he comes down to the ring)

JL: What does Rocky Maivia want?

Rocky Maivia: I was planning on talking about that crazy old man Gorilla Monsoon, but on my way down to the ring, I saw somebody I think deserves to be introduced. He's a little on the small side, but he's got more heart than any other player I know. He is the running back for your Detroit Lions, Barry Sanders!

(crowd goes wild, Barry goes over the barrier into the ring)

Barry Sanders: Thanks, Rocky. I can't express how much you are my favorite wrestler, I just...

(Chris Jericho cuts off Barry with his music, standing at the top of the ramp with a mic)

Chris Jericho: Get out of the ring, the both of you! Neither of you are wrestlers, like your's truly!

RM: Well, why don't you get down into the ring and bring it!

(Jericho drops the mic and runs into the ring and gets hit with a fury of punches by Rocky, and Jericho tries to hit a clothesline but misses, he turns around and Maivia hits the Rock Bottom)

JR: Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom!

(Rocky turns and looks at Barry and tells him to get him. Barry bounces off the ropes and hits a legdrop on him, and the crowd cheers loud. Jericho rolls out of the ring and points at Rocky, saying "It's not over!" Rocky lifts up Sanders' arms and the crowd gives them both a standing ovation.)

Overall Rating: 100%

(commercial break)

"Too Sexy" Brian Christopher walks down the ring, pointing at ladies and winking, while the fans boo him. Shane Helms comes down to the ring next.

Christopher starts out strong, with a series of suplexes. Helms offered a handshake to Christopher, and he rolled his eyes and spat on his face. When Helms tried to wipe the spit off his face, Christopher charged at him and hit a clothesline. Helms was thrown over the ropes, and when Helms tries to get up into the ring, Christopher slides under the ropes, and hits a baseball slide.

Helms countered an irish whip, and started to come back, hitting a quick neckbreaker, then a hurricanrana on Christopher. Helms then whips Christopher into the turnbuckle chest first. Christopher hits hard, and it's evident because he's holding his chest. He turns around, and gets hit with the Nightmare On Helms Street. Pin, 1-2-3.

Winner: Shane Helms defeated "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher in 5:48.

Overall Rating: 78%

Crowd Reaction: 74%

Match Quality: 83%

(cuts to Million $ Corporation's locker room)

Owen Hart: Davey Boy, don't think you're gonna get out of tonight standing. Win or lose, we're coming for you. We refuse to let you win. We used to be friends, Davey. That is, until you decided you could do better off without me. I challenged you to a submission match, and lost. I demand a rematch. I didn't forget though, you put me in my sharpshooter. MY SHARPSHOOTER! I TAUGHT IT TO YOU! YOU'D BE NOTHING WITHOUT ME! Wait, I forgot. YOU'RE STILL NOTHING! YOU HEAR ME? NOTHING!

(fade to black)

Overall Rating: 87%

(cuts back to ring, with Shamrock in the ring holding a mic)

Ken Shamrock: Jerry Lawler... Don't think I didn't hear what you said! Step into the ring old man!

(Lawler waves off Shamrock)

KS: Get in here! Prove me wrong!

JR: Get in there, King.

(Lawler takes off jacket, wearing wrestling attire, steps into ring)

Bell rings, and the match was officially underway. Lawler steps up to Shamrock, Shamrock hits a belly-to-belly suplex. Lawler's holding his back, wincing in pain. Shamrock pins, and it's over already.

Winner: Ken Shamrock defeated Jerry Lawler in 0:11.

(Lawler comes back to announcer's table)

JR: What happened King?

JL: What?

JR: I said, what happened? You just lost, and in record time!

JL: I lost?

JR: Are you okay?

JL: What happened? I went into the ring, and now I'm sitting here, talking to you!

JR: Forget it, King. You lost, and that's all that matters.

(cuts backstage to Hardy Boyz hanging out backstage)

Matt Hardy: We gotta get those tag team titles!

Jeff Hardy: I know what you mee...

(Rick Rude interrupts from down the hall)

Rick Rude: Hey losers!

(Hardyz try to ignore him)

JH: Like I was saying...

RR: Get over here!

(still attempting to ignore Rude)

MH: Yeah, I think we can...

RR: You little kids are scared of big bad Rick Rude?

(they finally start chasing Rude down the halls, Rude opens a door and goes into a room, Hardyz follow, when they come in, a huge thump is heard. When the cameraman comes in, Suicide Blondes are standing over the laid out Hardyz, with steel chairs in hands)

Overall Rating: 79%

Back to the ring, with Scott Borders in the ring. Blackout comes down to the ring. D'Lo Brown walks into the ring, and taunts until the match starts. Borders attacks Brown when he gets into the ring, but he then got elbowed and hit with a DDT. When Brown gets up, he gets hit with a suplex but counters with a suplex of his own. Borders hits a scoop slam, then climbs the top rope, and hits a big splash. Borders then pins Brown in an upset.

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 93%

(a video is played with Chris Jericho and Rocky Maivia feuding, verbally attacking each other, and highlights of their match at Unforgiven last month)

Overall Rating: 96%

(cuts to British Bulldog making his entrance to the ring)

JR: Well, this is the match we've all been waiting for. The winner will challenge Ken Shamrock for his Intercontinental Championship. The loser...

JL: The loser has nothing to do, but pout and cry.

JR: I can't agree, King. I doubt either the British Bulldog or Chris Benoit has ever cried. They're tough as nails, and we're gonna see that right now, live in action!

Chris Benoit makes his way to the ring with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, looking as focused as ever. Bulldog tries to overpower Benoit, but Benoit stays away from being close to him, keeping Bulldog on his heels. Bulldog finally caught him, and they exchanged heavy punches, but Bulldog obviously won that battle, as Benoit was tossed all around the ring. Bulldog got the advantage with a knee to the face. Benoit fought back and surprisingly lifted up Bulldog and hit a scoop slam. Bulldog tried to hit him with a punch, but Benoit blocked his hit and hit with an elbow, but that didn't take him down, so he tried another elbow, but he still wasn't knocked down. Benoit then bounced off the ropes and flew with an elbow, but he was caught mid-air and slammed down hard. Rick Rude got up on the apron and distracted referee Jimmy Korderas. Bulldog picked up Benoit, and set him up for the Running Powerslam, but when he saw Rude complaining to the ref, he dropped Benoit. Bulldog went over to Rude and the ref, but Benoit crawled over to Bulldog and hit him with a low blow. Rude came off the mat when he saw this, and the referee made the three count for the win.

Winner: Chris Benoit defeated British Bulldog in 9:16, and is the #1 contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

Overall Rating:85%

Crowd Reaction:81%

Match Quality:90%

JR: I can't believe what I saw! That punch to the groin was definitely not legal, and he doesn't deserve that shot!

JL: Well, you gotta do, what you gotta do. Benoit picked up the win, and that's all that matters.

Show Quality: 84%

Edited by bfgthefuture