The Resource List

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some tips for blending . when using a layer mask . gradients can be your friend . a black to white gradient and make a smooth blend and then you can use soft edge brushes to fix it up and hide or show what you want or don't want to see

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure but if yu want to do it quickly, use the lasoo tool and highlight all the parts you would like to be grayscale, then go into Image > Adjustments and click on grayscale which should turn the highlighted area black and white. I'm sure Doc will be able to clear this up if you don't get it

I don't know what its called so I'll ask here, how do you take pictures and put them into grayscale but have selective color show up. Basically all of the picture is black and white except for a certain part.

I don't know what its called so I'll ask here, how do you take pictures and put them into grayscale but have selective color show up. Basically all of the picture is black and white except for a certain part.

The way I'd do that is :

take your original picture and copy it onto a new layer . name the new layer grayscale . now go to image-adjust-Hue/Saturation - and move the saturation slider all the way down. Now create a layer mask on that grayscale layer. Now you can go in with a black brush and paint in where you want the color to go.

• 3 weeks later...

A Linux & Windows vector graphics editor (SVG format) featuring transparency, gradients, node editing, pattern fills, PNG export, and more. Aiming for capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, Visio, etc

A freeware alternative to Adobe Illustrator

he Washington State University has released Paint.Net 2.0, a free image and photo manipulation software for Windows. Developed with the additional help of Microsoft, Paint.Net is considered to be a replacement for MS Paint.

The software offers many features which make it a serious competitor to other free and even commercial imaging solutions. On the website you find a a selection of tutorials, which should make it easy for beginners and for people switching to Paint.Net.

Edited by Disturbed