The Resource List

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our host has lost our entire database to our site, so for now the site is down. That means there is over 2000 things to be re-added manually and whether or not that will be done is still being questioned. I would guess that the site will be down for the rest of the month if I decide to recreate the database myself. Thank you for all those have been coming here and I hope to bring the site back soon.

For pictures to cut, it's easy enough to search Google. Or if you want to do it the real way, scan in your own wrestling magazines and cut them out from there.

• 3 weeks later...

A Linux & Windows vector graphics editor (SVG format) featuring transparency, gradients, node editing, pattern fills, PNG export, and more. Aiming for capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, Visio, etc

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was sitting at my desk bored clueless , when I decided it was about damn time I write a tutorial for something. At the same time I realized I needed a new sig , so this is a small tutorial on how to achieve a decent text effect. . It's really simple and there shouldn't be any need for screenshot but if you get stuck let me know and I'll take a screenshot of a certain step.

Just for clarification purposes I'm using Photoshop 7. If this tutorial causes smoke to emit from your ears or nostrils call the fire department immediately . Mr. Dochappy cannot be held responsible for the outcome of this tutorial , all cases are different , so try at your own risk.

Steps:

1. Create a new document : 640 x 480 white background

2. Type out your text : I used MinstrelPosterWHG and the size 99 pixels with the color being black . . .(Keep in mind this is for the main text only)

3. Create a new document size : 500 x 500 .Change your foreground color and background color to Orange and Red respectively . On this new document apply the clouds filter . After you apply the filter once hit Ctrl + F as many times as you like until you get a good result , I did mine three times. Now Duplicate this layer and set the blend mode to Color Dodge and adjust the opacity to taste. Flatten the layers. Now go to filters - other - offset . - put the settings : 250 250 and check wrap around. Now you should notice some edges in the middle of the graphic . Take the healing brush tool and blot out the edges . this will make your graphic seamless and easy to tile.. Afterwards , select all and go to Edit - define pattern . Name it something flattering . I named it fire . Close that document and go back to your text document.

4. Apply the following layer styles to the text . (IF you don't know what layer styles are I suggest you read the manual as they can be a time saver) :

Inner Shadow: 

Set the color to  #BD0000

Blend Mode= Multiply

Opacity = 42

Angle =  120 Global light needs to be checked

Distance = 5

Choke=20

Size=2

Contour = Half Round  and Antialiased needs to be checked also

• 2 weeks later...

So I have absolutely no talent in Photoshop and know how to do very little, problem is, I come here and see all these tutorials, but have no clue where to start. Can someone get me started with some links to very basic tutorials and then a few for after I have some basic things down?

first thing would be to read the manual its a great help and basic at that afterwards go to sites like psworkshop.net and good-tutorials .com , but none of the tutorials will ever make sense unless you knowledge of the basics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...