The Death of the WWE

While I've PMed you about this, I thought I'd address a few of your more obtuse points.

* Former WWE stars (Jericho, Christian, RVD, Carlito, Rhino) monopolizing the main event scene? Check.

* Sting in a feud that pushes the boundaries of sanity and taste? Check.

* An entire division that should be seen as a unique part of the show being given 1 throwaway segment per show? Check.

* Talented and popular wrestlers (Angle, Styles) feuding with each other for reasons lost to time immemorial? Check.

* A desire to snap up old-timey free agents over making the next generation? Check.

If this is the Second Wrestling War, we've found WCW.

Edited by Misanthrope

Some people take diary writing way to seriously.. when I look at this diary I see a well written, fun diary. He takes, what Dukes above mentioned as a "typical TNA diary" and made it into one of the best reads on the board through great storytelling and a fun twist in the whole "looking back" gimmick. No it's not a damn book, Jesus, he's basing it off the "Death of WCW" book that came out years ago, that's the gimmick behind the diary.. a look back on the fall of WWE. Der. Misanthrope, you've put together a fantastic diary, don't let the "EWB elite" tell you any different. Keep up the awesome work.

Anyway.. on to the next few PPV's.

World X Cup Ultimate X Final: Teddy Hart (Canada) vs. Mistico (Mexico) vs. Bryan Danielson (USA)

AmDrag picks up the win for Team USA, I see him climbing the card and working his way into the main event sooner rather than later.

Sean O'Haire vs. Abyss vs. Raven in Monster's Ball VI

Abyss is a TNA lifer, one of their signiture talents.. O'Haire is fly by night, Raven is old.. Abyss picks up the clean.. bloody as fuck.. win.

Team 3D vs. Avatar & Bane

I have a funny feeling the new kids on the block are going to get a bit of an upset win in this one.. and it'll be looked at as way to soon and a bad move by the booking team.

Nicho El Millionaro © vs. Rob Van Dam for the X-Division Title

RVD picks up the strap and goes on a run to rival that of his old ECW TV title run from back in the day, becoming the tentpole talent of the X Division.

Carlos Colon © vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian Cage for the TNA World Heavyweight Title

Again, no way does Carly drop the strap so soon.. me thinks Colon versus someone who says 'Wooo' at the next PPV..

Gauntlet for Gold to decide a #1 contender

Confirmed participants include: Samoa Joe, Sonjay Dutt, Homicide, Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Bob Backlund, and someone who goes 'Woo'

See above comment.

---------------------------------------

Brock Lesnar & Edge vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The New Age Outlaws in a TLC match for the WWE Tag Titles

Gotta' love the token WWE "two random main eventers holding tag titles" gimmick.

Scott Hall vs. Kane

Scott Hall seems to be coming back hot and reayd to go.. a win over someone like Kane will cement that fact.

Rey Mysterio vs. X-Pac for the WWE United States title

The dirty win, Credible or someone like that runs in and helps with the win.

Mr. Kennedy vs. Lashley for the WWE Intercontinental Title

Both have main evet written all over them.. but Kennedy could use the title reign more.

Chris Masters vs. Tommy Dreamer in Extreme Rulez for the ECW World Heavyweight Title

Nothing says ECW like a roided up pretty boy.. am I right?

Randy Orton vs. Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title

Triple H and Co. est. 1992 "Holdin' people down for over a decade!"

The Rock vs. John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight Title

Total heel turn for Cena, please. I'd love to see Cena go ape shit and bloody Rock all to hell post match, just Cena going absolutly out of his mind.

Well, if I'm going to deconstruct a diary (and in an unnecessarily harsh tone -- I apologize for that), common sense says I offer predictions, reasons, etc., to show I'm not just trash-talking. And I'm glad to do it, too! So here we go:

BOUND FOR GLORY:

Teddy Hart vs. Mistico vs. Bryan Danielson

I'm a little perplexed by the choice of Danielson, a ground-based worker, to take part in this match. However, I'm more worried about Hart -- who is a time bomb that hasn't exploded yet. Since it doesn't matter who wins this match, it comes down to which name TNA wants to make theirs. Mistico is, I imagine, on loan from AAA and therefore out of the question. Danielson is a name man, and one who would best fit outside the X Division. Therefore:

My pick: Teddy Hart. If he keeps his head on straight, he becomes a coup for TNA -- a "name" talent who never set foot in WWE with instant credibility.

Monster's Ball: Sean O'Haire vs. Abyss vs. Raven

This is probably your best chance at reclamation of the O'Haire project. It's been well-established that O'Haire is to be a major player here. Abyss is in a tough spot -- he, too, could benefit from a win in this match. Raven is disposable, however, and would be the best choice to take the pin. I don't like having O'Haire and Abyss against each other this early on -- perhaps they will build to a one-on-one match down the line? Nevertheless, someone has to win here, so I'll say:

My pick: Sean O'Haire. Abyss can easily run off James Mitchell to be left out of the equation, allowing O'Haire to destroy Raven. Whether this'll hurt Abyss I don't know, but hopefully it'll allow Abyss/O'Haire a proper blowoff.

Team 3D vs. Bane and Avatar

Okay, this one seems like a no-brainer. Bane and Avatar have a chance to be a reason TNA works. They're a fresh new duo with some potential, and they have that "impact finisher" that TNA fans seem to like. Team 3D, meanwhile, have done all there is to do in wrestling, and this is the time you use who they are to make TNA stronger.

My pick: Bane and Avatar, hopefully with a win in a rematch for the tag belts next month.

Nicho El Millionairo vs. Rob Van Dam

This is a toughie. It's not obvious who should win or who would benefit more from a win. Certainly, you can argue that RVD doesn't need a title, while Psychosis does; but then again, RVD still has drawing power, and what better way to vitalize the X Division than to put the belt on a big name and have whoever beats him become instantly credible? As much as I'm not a fan of it, it would seem the best thing to do would be to show that the X Division title is not a midcard title by elevating it through association with a top star.

My pick: Rob Van Dam, but this is by no means a strong endorsement.

Carlos Colon Jr. vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian Cage

Another tricky one. Colon's title reign hasn't really clicked for me, but putting the belt on Jericho is a risky proposition. No matter who wins this match, it seems that it'll be someone who was a castoff. Cage is most associated with TNA, but I'd already like to see him get the win over Hogan, so that's out. The benefit Jericho has over Colon and Cage is as a transition champion. Given that the winner of this match will face the Gauntlet winner, this is the perfect opportunity to use that transition value.

My pick: Chris Jericho. Let's see how good Colon is without the belt around his waist, and Jericho can easily help make the next champion mean something.

Gauntlet for the Gold

Very open-ended. I imagine Sting, Daniels, Lethal, and Matthews will also be in this event, and you're very strongly hinting that Ric Flair will make an appearance. I don't see Flair as anything more than a one-shot deal, though; he's past his prime, and to push him would be counterproductive. However, this is a perfect chance to do several things at once: establish home-grown talent; blow off minor feuds; and use veterans wisely. Backlund, Flair, and Sting shouldn't stay in the ring too long. Joe and Homicide should draw 1 and 2 to give them a lot of time to build their rivalry. However, the best way to finish is, in my mind:

My pick: AJ Styles, defeating Kurt Angle. Now you have a home-grown that Jericho can give the rub to, and Angle can give the rub to. Styles should be in place for a long title reign, proving that TNA is a real alternative to WWE.

But, remember, I'm not that good a booker either. A lot of my things are just too narrow-minded, and in a war scenario like this, all rules are out the window. So don't take what I say as gospel.

As for No Mercy:

Brock Lesnar & Edge vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The New Age Outlaws in a TLC match for the WWE Tag Titles

I can't see Brock settling for the tag belts, nor can I imagine the Outlaws getting the gold after some of the inflammatory comments they've made in the past.

Scott Hall vs. Kane

DGY needs a big win, and this is it.

I'm almost certain I'll be proven wrong here, but Rey is infinitely more marketable than X-Pac, and Stephanie may be many things, but stupid is not one of them.

The WWE made its name on guys who looked like they could destroy you without batting an eyelash. Bobby Lashley is such a guy.

Chris Masters vs. Tommy Dreamer in Extreme Rulez for the ECW World Heavyweight Title

Dreamer is the past, Masters is the future.

Easy.

The Rock doesn't need gold; John Cena does; and Cena is the WWE's pet project. This is a way to establish him again.

Guest The Spud

Just to add on to some of what's been said - the moment I lost interest in this diary was the moment I realized you were still playing the game as you wrote. I told you early on that it wouldn't work, and as Dukes pointed out, it happened - people you cast as major players in the war ended up leaving it. You can't start writing a (purportedly) historical book while the history's still being made - if you started writing your autobiography now, would you assume certain things would happen in the future?

Just to add on to some of what's been said - the moment I lost interest in this diary was the moment I realized you were still playing the game as you wrote.
Edited by Misanthrope

World X Cup Ultimate X Final: Teddy Hart (Canada) vs. Mistico (Mexico) vs. Bryan Danielson (USA)

As said before, Danielson isn't exactly XL material, and Mistico is on loan. Hart FTW.

Just to build up Abyss/O' Haire some more, giving Abyss a bit of redemption.

Coterie have been built up so much they can't lose

Revitalize XL

Carlos Colon © vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian Cage for the TNA World Heavyweight Title

Colon to retain, possibly after botched Tomko interference?

Confirmed participants include: Samoa Joe, Sonjay Dutt, Homicide, Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Bob Backlund, and someone who goes 'Woo'

I really can't tell, but most likely Rhino or Styles

WWE No Mercy

Just for now, but it won't be for long. I just don't think Lesnar will take the loss.

Scott Hall vs. Kane

Kane continues to job

Yep, Gen Y interference

don't know why

Is obvious.

Backstage powers kick in again

Cena to win. possibly Helms interference, but you said nothing comes from it so I doubt it.

I have no idea, it could go either way.

O'Haire all the way here, your little fast forwards say that he becomes a success

Avatar and Bane because....they are the shit?!

Iiii'm going to stay out of this one, on one hand, it would be a huge win for Millionaro but it seems like a waste to have a top tier guy like RVD losing to Millionaro, especially since Bischoff has such a negative outlook on it, unless RVD did something naughty again...shame!

Colon! I love this sick fucker! I see him holding the belt for a strong while until at least Final Resolution to face whomever wins the Gauntlet

Man...this is a hard one. Soooo many big names and it's a win for the company if they go several directions. Although, it seems properly poetic to have Flair winning it and going to Final Resolution to be Colon, a guy who has actual chemistry with Flair(although Flair can have chemistry with anyone...other than Khali as we saw...)

WWE No Mercy

Outlaws for unfortunately obvious reasons...fuckin' Trips!

Scott Hall vs. Kane

Hall(see above for why)

This one could go just like the two before but then again, Mysterio might get this one, leading to a feud with Pac later on. My brain says X-Pac but my gut says somehow Mysterio pulls it off

Kennedyyyyy! He had a great showing with Cena and Rock and I am a huge fan of his for his actual ability. As for Lashley......lets just say that Kennedy wins this one and leave it at that, okay?

Masters goes over but with Heyman booking, this one could be a great brawl.

......Trips....and we all know why:ohwell:

Rock wins in his PPV debut and, hopefully, Cena can finally turn heel for fuck's sake! Although, I don't see that happening for some reason.

I read this all today and I love it. It's the first diary that I've been able to enjoy all the way through. I love what's going on and how eerily realistic you have made this. Keep it up, pleaseseses?!?!!?! This is greatness here!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see AmDrag picking up a win for Team USA. Don't ask why.

O'Haire's the unstoppable badass monster. Raven's in the twilight of his career, and Abyss needs to be the middleman. O'Haire wins following a Prophecy/Widowmaker/whatever to Raven.

No-brainer. AvBane are getting pushed, 3D sucks... Human Sacrifice to Ray FTW.

I can just see RVD winning the strap and going on an TV Title-esque run.

Like every other Colon title defense, I can see major usage of nefarious tactics to keep the belt around Colon's waist.

Gauntlet for the Gold Winner: Samoa Joe, last defeating Kurt Angle.

WWE No Mercy

Edgenar won't win because Vince still hates Edge >_>. NAO's too old. TLC is the Hardyz' match.

Scott Hall vs. Kane

Just because whenever WWE Creative has a chance to bastardize Kane, they do.

Who's that jumpin' out 'da sky, R-E-Y, Mysterio, winning-o!

More of a 'Please, God...' than anything. Kennedy's too awesome to job out to Lashley.

As stated by someone else, Dreamer = past, Masters = future.

Because it's exactly what Trips would do given the chance.

Further solidifying the staleness of Cena's character.

• 2 weeks later...

Im loving this diary man, giving me loads of idea's for my own EWR game. I have read it since the begining.

Hardyz hoping.

Scott Hall vs. Kane

Im hoping for kane here, but with HHH and his backstage power, your never sure

XPac, Rey has never been my favourite. And Sean is awesome.

Mister... Kennedy!!!!!

Dreamer? I want dreamer to win. But Masters is said to get a push (earlyier on)

HHH, orton's still in the dog house

Rock. 'Nuff Said

.... KENNNEDDDDY

[/Weird thing, on Sd Khali just won the title ¬_¬ - You predicted the future]

Edited by Titch

I'm loving this diary/story. It's the first one I've read and I look forward to picking it up again when you're ready. I was going to comment on how it looks more like a show-by-show diary than a book, but it looks like you're going to rectify that when you return.

I have one request: please stop using "irregardless." That word (though it technically isn't a word) has always bugged me. Kinda like when people say "exspecially" or "nucular".

idc what those other haters are saying..though minor parts of it are true when it comes to the book context this diary is great..it takes the mind of the reader(especially what u've done with Daniels and Colon) and it inspired me to want to play this if it was a scenario..keep going man

• Like 1

Just to make sure everyone understands...this diary has not been updated by the author in over a month. If you feel the need to post, make EXTRA EXTRA sure that it is as in-depth of feedback as you can possibly muster. This being one of our more popular diaries, many members check it quickly if they see a new post.

Anyone who comes in asking inane questions like, "Is this dead?" or posting disappointed exclamations WITHOUT leaving what would be considered true and valid diary comments will be warned twice. Once for bumping, once for whoring. That is all. Thank you.

And Krendall, he'll use whatever words he goddamn good and well pleases, thank you.

CWB,

There's a bit of grumbling going on about fools bumping Death of WWE. Was wondering if you'd like it closed until such time as you can post some updates.

J.Starr

Actually mate, probably best to close it. My PC crashed two weeks ago and I thought I'd made back-ups of the EWR data and such. It appears I didn't.

Cheers,

Chris