The Death of the WWE

It's all good... but what move exactly is the 'Human Sacrifice'? >_>

Other than that, RAW's making me mark out for Rock, ECW's making me think "Damn, that's a LOT better...", and SmackDown's making me think "Triple H sucks; Edge was screwed!!!". Impact's always good.

Nice stuff once again, the Daniels stuff is brilliant, intense and really really uncomfortable at times. While I love the storyline, I'm not entirley sure Sting would let his daughter (even if it IS Sara Del Rey) be portrayed like that, but I love it none the less.

Van Dam in the X-Divison is a fine move, he suits it more there, plus it adds some big name star power to the division. I'm also enjoying the World X-Cup, hopefully you do the right thing and put Team Uk Over (not that I'm biased or anything).

Colon is becoming a really good champion. It's such a shame he doesn't get used right in real life, because the potental is there. It would be much better if he was used as you use him. Finally I'd like to say that Bischoff is a great addition to TNA, while I respect Cornette as a booker and a personality, Bischoff can play the guy eveyone loves to hate a little better and is more geared to the more modern direction that TNA seems to be heading

Onto WWE things now and I hate you for putting the image of Linda McMahon and Domino in my head you evil man! I feel all dirty now. But in general things are good, any time Rock is on tv again it's good in my view. While the story is obviously TNA centred, WWE is catching my eye an awful lot, some good feuds building up here, not to sure about Smackdown! though, but I get the feeling I'm not suposed to be happy about it, it's jus Triple H and his buddies and fuck everyone else right?

I'd jus like to reiterate my intrest in finding out what Eric Angle is doing, but there are so many new faces, it will obviously take time so no worries there.

Oh ye and that Hogan poster gave me goosebumps, when Hogan goes (or IF Hogan goes) I really will be a very very sad boy :(

I love it.. I love how different each WWE show is, Raw being the flagship with Rock and Cena at the helm with stand outs like Punk, James Storm and Kennedy. ECW morphing into a great throw back to old school ECW, I love the pushes of Cliff Compton and Goldust, very cool.. the Dreamer / Masters feud is also something I want to see more of. Smackdown is so the Triple H show.. all it needs now is HBK and Nash and you have a Clique reunion on your hands. TNA is rocking hard, Danielson versus Burchill makes my pubes tingle.. I'd kill to see Homicide or Joe versus Burchill, that'd be seriously off the charts. I really want to see more of Carly Colon's personality, dude needs WAY more screen time to really cement himself as a nasty heel champion. Also like RVD moving down the card a bit and getting involved in the X Division, good booking right there.

Amazing diary, love every second of it.

Yeah, I'm reading this too and loving every moment of it.

The only thing I can't deal with is The Pounce thing... 'Cause they let Monty use the name in real life... But that's just me, I guess:)

Great diary again, keep it up and going. I don't want this to die like WWE Suicide Diary did.

Guest Senka Surakei

Flippin sweet stuff, good to see all four shows being posted and such. Jeesh, Carlos Carlito Colon getting the push he desereved, and then some. Anyway, great stuff, and keep it up!

Guest ADDavis

Gotta agree with most of whats been said, theres some fine booking all over the map. Well, I'm not a big fan of Masters personally, so it'd be hard for me to see him anywhere near a main event scene on any of the shows, but I can play along and assume he's miraculously improving by leaps and bounds :-)

Unintentional irony:

Think of a black Public Enemy, and you get the picture.

Well, now that you mention it...

As long as JTG is the Flava Flav of the group, I can accept that.

Actually, the image of JTG with oversized glasses, a top hat, and Boogeyman's oversized clock...there's an idea...

He actually meant the wrestling tag team known as the Public Enemy (Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge) from the original ECW (and later WCW).

Edited by TenaciousG

Loved how you're turning the TNA stuff into pure gold, all whilst turning the WWE product around from it's terrible contidition just a few months prior. Can't wait to see where you go with the ECW brand, as it seems its becoming a more throwback show. I also like how you're taking the main picture in TNA off the title scene, and continuing to keep the belt at the top of the card.

Hi there

This diary has so far been fantastic beyond belief, and I really love Your writing-style, almost allways leaving us readers with a cliffhanger at the end of the post. I find myself checking out names You use and wonder, what I could do with them in my own games. So generally kudos all around

Now for a small bit of nitpicking. I konw, that You are probably booking this, as You go on, and I know the games can throw all sorts of twists and turns in Your way, but sometimes it seems like You forget, what You have written previously. On the first page, You tell of Deuce n Domino, and declare that while Deuce became some factor in the war "The last You heard was, that Domino was selling cars".

That does not quite rhyme with the push he is given following his whirlwind romance with Linda.

Not to be a bastard, just thought I would point it out.

Its obvious, Linda ditches him, he can never work for wwe again, or anywhere for that matter :)

Also, this is probably the best diary I have ever had the privaledge of reading. It kept me on the edge, and made me not want to scroll down to spoil it for myself!

First off, congratulations on achieving #1 in the Dome P25. I'm not bitter.

However, I decided to re-read the diary before replying, because although I've read it, I never found it too spectacular. I think I can now say why. Allow me a few things that are left to be desired. From smallest gripe to largest:

1. While you couldn't control this, you mentioned Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon as major characters when this diary began, and they're both gone before the first real shots across the bow. That was rather jarring.

2. You mention Randy Savage signing with WWE. I don't see it happening, ever. I don't necessarily believe the rumors that Savage did something heinous to get blackballed, but Heyman and HHH would both have said there would be no use for him, and at his age and mental status I don't know what he can bring to the table.

3. Amy Dumas and Trish Stratus would never, ever, ever sign with TNA. Trish is a WWE lifer, has too many friends backstage in WWE, and has nothing to gain by returning to the ring anyway. However, I can almost imagine money being thrown at her in order to get her back. Amy, though, will never sign with TNA, and having her do so is jarring. The whole reason she left the spotlight was that (and these are her words) she couldn't even do errands around the neighborhood without wrestling fans accosting her at Matt Hardy's behest. The TNA crowd, from all indications of who they are, would do nothing but.

4. When you peel back the layers of this diary, the TNA side is yet another "sign everyone with WWE on their resume" diary. You're building the X Division around Psychosis, Kidman, and Mercury. I have nothing against those guys, but Sabin, Shelley, Lethal, Dutt, Lynn, and so on should be able to provide more than enough in the way of entertainment. And look at the main event of TNA's first primetime show -- WWE reject and WWE reject vs WWE reject and WWE reject, three of which are your doing. This would be a heck of a lot more fun if we saw more Joe, Homicide, Styles, Daniels, Sting, Steiners, and others who weren't pre-built by Vince McMahon. As it is, TNA is still "WWE Lite" in my eyes.

5. The rampant unprofessionalism in the WWE locker room is stunning. Edge, despite being upset about Ric Flair's send-off, would never have chosen live on PPV to vent his frustrations. Ric Flair also would not have decided to rant on Vince McMahon and everyone else -- in part because it wouldn't be scripted, and in part because Flair's now-legendary inferiority complex would mean he'd see himself as undeserving of the adulation of the fans. The Rock as an active wrestler, taking a pay cut instead of living off of royalties from his successful action films? As if. But hey, I of all people appreciate that facts should never get in the way of a good story -- otherwise the Matrix would've never been a smash hit. Speaking of story, it brings up my biggest gripe:

6. This is supposed to be a book, but it's not a book I can see getting published any time soon. You're presenting it as a critical history of a so-called Second Monday Night War, but said war hasn't even started yet. We've achieved 200 pages of what is essentially prologue. Fine, the concept of a book is a framing device, I get it. We're really being taken out of the library and transported back in time to see the shows, right?

Well, no. You maintain the conceit of the book throughout the diary, including phrases like "dear reader", "triple in length", and "another chapter" which remind me I'm reading a book along with you -- a book far too detailed to be one you could pick up without a forklift. On top of that, you include some phrases that destroy the concept. If I'm a publisher, and you want to do a nonfiction book on wrestling that includes segments like

They didn't even call it a Pounce, for fuck's sake. Modified shoulder block just sounds retarded. Fuck you, Vince/Shane/Stephanie/Trips. It still hurts, even after all these years.

Guest olla666

Somehow I agree. The book often trails off into a plain diary, then reverts back for a sentence, then goes back into EWB mode. You should try summarizing the results and sound a little less smart-markish. It's not all bad, however, as Carlito's character is great, and the Coterie seems to be perfectly TNA.

Nevertheless, an interesting read that I will follow.

To be fair, maintaining it strictly as a book the whole way through would reduce weeks of show into a paragraph, and make it very difficult to enjoy the characters, the matches or the storylines.

Even though Dukes is just being Dukes and I shudder to ever support him in those efforts, I really do agree with much of what he said. The problem about this diary is that TNA is doing in your diary pretty much exactly what TNA is doing in reality, and by doing the same things TNA did to guys like Daniels and Joe and spreading it to the entirety of the X-Division is going to actually make TNA worse off, rather then allow them to win any kind of wars. I don't mind the novel concept, but it's just not being executed well. It's all taking a very snarky, very un-novelesque tone, and really reads more like a collection of internet rants from past their prime superstars who are just venting about broken dreams. Otherwise, everything seems pretty dry and totally non-unique, so when the, arguably, most inovative part of your diary, the novel concept, is being poorly executed, and the rest of the diary is not really anything fantastic, it's just not that good. Don't get me wrong, it's not atrocious, or even bad. It's pretty good, but it's massively, massively overrated. There are lots of things you can work on to make it better and it is, in no way, the pinnacle of writing in the dome today. Some of the better stuff around? Sure. The absolute best? Not in my opinion.