FIFA '08

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in Australia and NZ, does this come out today? I didn't ahve a clue when this was coming out but I just assumed around Novemeber. But I went onto my local video game store website and it said its released on the 28th of September. Hell fucking yes. I'm going to go buy it today. But knowing them, they will have to delay it or somehting.

One thing I'm wondering, is how updated are the transfers? Nothing more annoying than beginning a game and finding that your squad isn't 100% updated. So is it fully updated as of September 1st? ...If it's mid-August, I probably won't bother and just wait for PES. Too many changes to make to squads otherwise.

And yes, I'm a perfectionist.

Well last year FIFA 07 had all squads updated as of the closing of the Summer transfer window. I presume it will be the same again.

Cheers mate for the quick reply. Pondering going up Asda and getting it for PS2 ...would probably be my last ever PS2 game I buy. Plan to buy the PS3 2 weeks today, followed soon after by Pro Evo.

EDIT: Just checked my Fifa 07 game and it says transfers updated as of 27/08/2006 ...that has me worried.

Edited by BaddarD2k7

One thing I'm wondering, is how updated are the transfers? Nothing more annoying than beginning a game and finding that your squad isn't 100% updated. So is it fully updated as of September 1st? ...If it's mid-August, I probably won't bother and just wait for PES. Too many changes to make to squads otherwise.

Name one transfer.

Diarra to Arsenal from Chelsea.

Camara to West Ham from Wigan.

Murphy to Fulham from Spurs.

Faye from Bolton to Newcastle.

Beye from Marseille to Newcastle.

...Ok, you get my point. And these were on the last day I believe, not 3 or 4 days before.

Name one transfer.

Beye is at Newcastle too. But with the wrong squad number.

Just played 2 Be the Pro games, best part of the game.

First I went Joey Barton with Newcastle against Leeds, played Viduka through for a wonder goal and scored a decent goal myself. Then I went Torres with Liverpool against Birmingham, snuck in a late goal for the 1-0 win after a great run.

It rules but I almost felt guilty taking Pro Ev out of my 360 and putting FIFA in!

I've got it but haven't tried Be A Pro yet ...partly because I think the CPU will just be shit on the whole, meaning lots of games will finish 0-0. I'm on the PS2, so if this isn't the case, let me know and I'll try it.

Other than that, the game is playing pretty well so far I think...better than I expected.

I've got it but haven't tried Be A Pro yet ...partly because I think the CPU will just be shit on the whole, meaning lots of games will finish 0-0. I'm on the PS2, so if this isn't the case, let me know and I'll try it.

Other than that, the game is playing pretty well so far I think...better than I expected.

I'd assume it's the same on the PS2. The AI is great, you can call for a pass, through pass and urge a team-mate to shoot too. It works very well.

One thing I'm wondering...are you still set challenges even when it's just you (Not sure what rewards you'd get though :ohwell: ) as opposed to playing it with 2 other friends, as intended.

I had a quick go off the PS3 version this afternoon and got about 4 games in

First game, I went Chelsea vs Celtic. Celtic scored on the hour but I scored in the 74th and 86th minutes (Wright-Phillips and Malouda) to steal a 2-1 win.

Second game, Man United vs Morcombe and I ended up winning 6-1, which despite the poor oposition, I thought was not bad for it only being the second game I'd played.

Third, beat Gretna 1-0 with Rangers thanks to a first half Kris Boyd strike.

Fourth, beat Man City 3-0 with Spurs. Malbranque knocked in the first from just outside the box. For the second, Chimbonda knocked a cross in and Berbatov controlled the ball and volleyed it past the 'keeper just before half time. For the 3rd, Robbie Keane belted the ball from just outside the box to leave Schmeichel helpless with just over an hour gone.

So yeah, liking it so far. Way better first impression that the last few Fifa games.

Edited by Turbonegro

Is this on semi-pro? I hope so for the longevity of the game for your sake. If it's on professional or world class, it won't be long before you're bored. Still...anyone know the answer to my question? D'you get any rewards (or tasks to complete) when doing the "Be A Pro" mode alone?